logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2010 05:54:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
The Rescue Blues - Room With A View EP

UserPostedImage

This EP was recorded on 14th and 15th July just days before it is set to be released. The EP will be released tonight via Itunes, The Rescue Blues official website and Junction Records official website. The album will be released on disc on Wednesday. The band apologize for the short notice but hope you all enjoy their first release.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2010 06:31:33(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"I admit, apart from the fact that Max Armstrong hates me for having a fling with his sister a while back, I was excited for this project since it is uncommon to see a blues band or artist in this day and age. Apart from myself I probably couldn't name anyone else who makes blues-lead music. I went on iTunes and actually bought this EP, because it interested me to see how it sounded because I'm a huge fan of blues and blues being mixed with other popular genres. I checked it out and, I was disappointed. The music in general, felt, rushed out, somewhat forced. It might have something to do with recording in just two days, which I don't know how other musicians could do that, because I take like a week with one song to perfect it, in all aspects. I could hear what you guys were going for, but it just seemed to knock more on the doors of pop and rock than actual blues music. Not saying that there was not any, but it sounded to me like it was too covered with other genres to actually be able to appreciate it. I'm still hopeful that the band can find a good balance once they release a full-length."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: Don't take anything personal, RRH is just a hypercritical person, if you haven't noticed.) :P

Edited by user 18 July 2010 06:34:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2010 06:41:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Linda Fea: Almost any modern day acts who attempts to do blues-lead music really fails. For example Mr. Hernandez tackles songs that really don't fit his voice and it sort of sounds dull, unless some sort of auto-tune is used to carry his voice. Almost all the songs are skeptical to the point that I almost believe simplicity can be much better for him. So it's funny to me how Mr. Hernandez claims this about this artist.

Edited by user 18 July 2010 06:42:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 18 July 2010 06:49:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

PANIC! wrote:
"I admit, apart from the fact that Max Armstrong hates me for having a fling with his sister a while back, I was excited for this project since it is uncommon to see a blues band or artist in this day and age. Apart from myself I probably couldn't name anyone else who makes blues-lead music. I went on iTunes and actually bought this EP, because it interested me to see how it sounded because I'm a huge fan of blues and blues being mixed with other popular genres. I checked it out and, I was disappointed. The music in general, felt, rushed out, somewhat forced. It might have something to do with recording in just two days, which I don't know how other musicians could do that, because I take like a week with one song to perfect it, in all aspects. I could hear what you guys were going for, but it just seemed to knock more on the doors of pop and rock than actual blues music. Not saying that there was not any, but it sounded to me like it was too covered with other genres to actually be able to appreciate it. I'm still hopeful that the band can find a good balance once they release a full-length."

(OOC: Don't take anything personal, RRH is just a hypercritical person, if you haven't noticed.) :P

"You know what, I've had a problem with you in the past as a person and all that stuff with Katie but I've always respected your music, your an incredible musician and there is not many people in this industry who wouldn't agree. I understand 100% what your saying and it was rushed, As stated it is an Ep and all of these songs are still at an early stage in terms of their development, this release was just sort of like a feeler, you know to get opinion on the songs and that kind of thing, yes these songs will most likely end up on our debut album and the one's that don't will be locked away on disc in a draw somewhere for years.
But like I say this was just really a feeler and it was something for fans to have a listen to, to see the kind of work we have been doing so far.
I appreciate your comments and I kind of agree but this wasn't ever gonna be a perfectly produced EP and the songs are finished but they'll get edited here and there in the next few months. We just wanted to give people an idea of where we were going with this. You'll definitely get a more blues feel as we go on and start recording properly in the future.
Again thanks for the constructive comments and I don't hate you, the fact that your not involved with Katie anymore makes things a bit better."
- Max

OOC: Yeah I don't take it personal. Any comments from you are always appreciated whether it's critisism or praise.

Edited by user 18 July 2010 06:51:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PANIC!  
#5 Posted : 18 July 2010 06:51:42(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Linda Fea: Almost any modern day acts who attempts to do blues-lead music really fails. For example Mr. Hernandez tackles songs that really don't fit his voice and it sort of sounds dull, unless some sort of auto-tune is used to carry his voice. Almost all the songs are skeptical to the point that I almost believe simplicity can be much better for him. So it's funny to me how Mr. Hernandez claims this about this artist.

(OOC: Meh, I don't feel like have RRH argue back-and-forth since that was probably the first time I've had RRH make a creative criticism without attempting to be funny or sarcastic.)

Edited by user 18 July 2010 06:53:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 18 July 2010 06:55:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

(OOC: Meh, I don't feel like have RRH argue back-and-forth since that was probably the first time I've had RRH make a creative criticism without attempting to be funny or sarcastic.)

OOC: That's what I was doing.....
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 18 July 2010 07:17:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

PANIC! wrote:

"You know what, I've had a problem with you in the past as a person and all that stuff with Katie but I've always respected your music, your an incredible musician and there is not many people in this industry who wouldn't agree. I understand 100% what your saying and it was rushed, As stated it is an Ep and all of these songs are still at an early stage in terms of their development, this release was just sort of like a feeler, you know to get opinion on the songs and that kind of thing, yes these songs will most likely end up on our debut album and the one's that don't will be locked away on disc in a draw somewhere for years.
But like I say this was just really a feeler and it was something for fans to have a listen to, to see the kind of work we have been doing so far.
I appreciate your comments and I kind of agree but this wasn't ever gonna be a perfectly produced EP and the songs are finished but they'll get edited here and there in the next few months. We just wanted to give people an idea of where we were going with this. You'll definitely get a more blues feel as we go on and start recording properly in the future.
Again thanks for the constructive comments and I don't hate you, the fact that your not involved with Katie anymore makes things a bit better."
- Max

OOC: Yeah I don't take it personal. Any comments from you are always appreciated whether it's critisism or praise.