logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2010 19:29:59(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC: The reason I posted this was because I'm trying to practice doing Live RPs again for the big tour I'm about to make, so this is unintentionally crap, please comment.. P.S. I wrote a clue on how the next album would sound, just a hint..

The lights go off, the crowd turns silent, and the mood settles in as JC Anderson and Troy Mascenon of Reckoner strap on their guitars and fix their equipment for their acoustic performance at the Cure For Cancer Festival. It was going to be a 5 song set with a special preview of a new song. The spotlight turns on and focuses on both musicians as they start playing a familiar tune, the riff to Blur. It may be an acoustic performance but JC was still playing his Telecaster, only with no pedalboard keeping the clean tune of the guitar. JC was playing the lead riff as Troy played some acoustic chords to give a rhythmic effect. Troy then started singing in his clean voice shifting from the chest voice up to the head voice with no breaking whatsoever. JC was waving his bangs while playing the iconic riff. The song went on with the soft sounding tune until Troy and JC started a rough yet still acoustic sounding riff where Troy started singing in a rough, angry voice. The people were moving their heads to the song as Troy lets out a powerful belt to end the song. The crowd starts clapping as the words thank you come out of Troy's mouth.

"Good evening guys, well that was a nice way to start of the set wasn't it?" says Troy as he grabs a water bottle beside him.

The wide audience cheered as Troy drank from his water bottle, he then goes on to the mic..

"Well this next song might keep the energy going, it needs no introduction really." says Troy as the crowd cheers loudly.

The next song was Negative, one of the band's most famous songs ever. JC played the arpeggiated chords as Troy strummed away. The crowd cheered even louder when Troy started to sing in his cool, relaxed voice as the song progresses. Even the first chorus was sung softly as Troy and JC lightened up their playing. The song then reaches it's climax in the second chorus where Troy sings in an even louder and aggressive voice as JC starts "abusing" his guitar before coming to a pause as Troy screams a high A4, the guitars quickly return and Troy's sustains his note for another twenty seconds. The song slows down with no more guitar as Troy sings the last lines of the song in a Capella. The crowd cheers as the song ends.

It was continuous, the next song was played after only a few seconds. Troy put his guitar down and stood up as JC played with using finger picking, it was Jeff Buckley's beautiful rendition of the song Hallelujah. Troy showed again his great vocals as he sung the song in a clean, high, and soulful voice, reminiscent of the great Jeff Buckley himself. Troy was so emotional in singing the song that he even knelt down after the final line of the song where he belted out a high C5, a truly beautiful performance indeed.

"This next song was written back in our tour bus and this is the first time we'd perform it live. It's called The Futurist" says Troy.

The song starts with a slow bluesy riff followed by Troy's complex chord progression, consisting of at least 12 chords. Troy sings in a slow and calm voice accompanying the song's slow tempo and bluesy feel. The song's lyrics about a man who predicts the future and starts warning everybody about the problems lying ahead, nobody believes him and they think he is crazy so he is thrown into a mental hospital, but as time goes by, all of The Futurist's predictions came true and the people face the consequences. Troy sings in his head voice throughout the song as the people are mesmerized to the hypnotic riff played by JC. The chorus is consisted of Troy singing in his full chest voice, but still singing in a high pitch. The middle-eight is composed of a blues/jazz fusion with JC going all out on the scales. The solo lasts for only a minute though as Troy sings the chorus one last time until the guitars slowly fade out(the stage people slowly turned the amplifier's volume down). The people in the audience clap as Troy thanks them with a nod.

"Well performing for this festival has been great, we have been able to help a lot of people by doing what we love, which is performing for the people. So thank you to everyone who supported this festival for a cause and we hope that Cancer gets blown away to extinction with our last song. This song was from our album Backstabber, our first number one song in the Top20, it's called Blackout."

The sound of the cool wind rushed through the stage as Troy started playing the arpeggios and JC followed with his riff. Troy then started singing in his emotional voice as the crowd kept silent, adding to the sentimental feel of the song. Troy's voice was shifting from chest to head voice throughout the verses while he sang in an ascending tone for the choruses. The song was so emotional that the people started singing along during the bridge of the song where Troy started to hum the tune. The song then ended with Troy's falsetto and the slowing down of the arpeggios leading to a grand finish. The crowd cheered as Troy and JC bid farewell and went backstage.
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2010 05:34:02(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Wow man, you know, that's what makes me so moved and inspired by the music around me. It's that raw opening of your inner self to all those around you, allowing the courage of your decision to make something much more magical than most thought possible. This performance floored me, and all I have to say is, Reckoner acoustic is one of the best strokes of musical genius since Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah, which makes it that much more interesting that you guys chose to repeat and consecutively master his beatiful rendition. Thank you, JC Anderson and Troy Mascenon, for giving us that.

-Luke Haley
Junkhead
Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2010 07:11:33(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
It's kind of common knowledge how much of a Reckoner fan I am, but still... this live show was amazing. Since I performed at Cure for Cancer, I managed to see it first-hand, and it was mind-blowing. I'm really digging the lyrics of Futurist, too, I'm hoping the themes of that song are going to be in your third album.
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2010 14:07:47(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC: Wow, I'm glad you guys liked the RP, and Synxhard, your comment was really nice, a really meaningful comment really.. and that goes the same for you infinite
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#5 Posted : 25 July 2010 18:07:56(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Haha, thanks man, but hell, you deserved it. I don't think the massive progression in your rp skill has been given quite enough recognition, because damn, your good man. It always kills me when one thread gets a billion posts because something was 'controversial' or heartfelt about it, and real quality stuff like this thread get 1 or 2 comments. Guess life's just not fair sometimes, eh? Either way, great job, as I've said already, I can't wait to see your next rp.