logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Moquel  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2010 07:18:08(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
VH1 NEWS WITH G2L

UserPostedImage

G2L came to VH1's attention when they reached #2 on the VH1 Video Countdown and the #4 spot on the VH1 Jam; VH1 did see that the California girls worked hard as their debut/lead single, Ego almost went to the top 40 in the first week and it's now #11 on the Top 20 Airplay Charts. G2L revels to VH1.

Why did you guys name the group G2L?

Brittany: While! (screams) We was going to name the group the Friendships because we were all close. What we wanted to do is say, you know what, we dont care about the name, we just want to make music! Forgot the name..
Lyrica: Then we saw we needed an name and Hira had this great name when we all meant, it was G2L..
Hira: G2L stands for Girls to Ladies. We wanted something that represent us as an whole. It was something that it took an while to think about. Girls to Ladies was an symbol of us growing up until womanhood. Growing strength and indepedence as an woman and also learning outthought life what life was really about. The trails and experiences you go though as an little girl, to an young lady to an woman. We learn a lot thought your music and as we learn, we write it to our music and we take what we learn as young woman to the fans

What do you believe is the strongest aspect as an group?

Stefani: (latino accent) I think the STRONGEST aspect is the bond between us. If you are with people, and my mommy always taught me this, if you are around people you love making magic with, you will always peform and do better magic. I think the magic in the music and the people you work with is the strongest aspect of the group. The music we make.
Lyrica: Art of music is so powerful. I think that the strongest aspect is how we are so close as people and how we are come together to make good music. Another strong aspect is the love we have for music and for the strength and indepedence of woman.

What did the idea of Ego come from? I mean, the different people in one person?

Hira: While, AJ had the idea of the song.
AJ: Aww, Hira, you though about me, sweetheart.
Hira: Shut up! Tell the idea (laughs)
AJ: While I just thought, I mean, as girls we go though changes and we see so many different thangs and we see so many people, so what I did is I thought about guys. Guys are like roads, they go in all DIFFERENT directions! Like you right Bobby; You guys have Egos. You are this guy I meant and next you are this devil I wish I never meant. Just get with the program boys. Stop being biploar with us.
(girls laughs)

Why do you girls feel like you have to be so strong and so guardful?

Stefani: Ohh little Papi, with the world today; you have to be strong. Mama say, dont let no body run over it, finish the race. I'm strong because I can do for myself.
Lyrica: (laughs outloud) that's an question? It's about strength. I will feel much better knowing that I can use my knowledge to defend people more than just hurting someone's feelings.
Hira: Like that idiot Cappy.

How did you guys feel when you guys got signed to Jucition?
Hira: Oh man!
(they all breath and then smile at the same time)
Brittany: Sprank bitches. (laughing) kidding
Lyrica: We were so shocked when we got that call from Max and the team; we was shocked for hours. We just couldnt believe it.
AJ: I mean, the record label itself is an great project. We are so thrilled and happy to be signed with such an talented dedicated label. We are so blessed and Max and the whole Team is excited and we are just overly excited. Cant wait to work with them

Is it true that you guys are supporting acts for Alicia Lena US worldwide tour?
(they all shrug)
Hira: Just watch and see.

When can we expect the debut album to be released?
Lyrica: Mmm. (looking around)
AJ: September, we are aiming for the middle of September. We are so excited about the album.

Do you guys have an name for it?
Hira: Yes, Red Light Special, but we couldnt gave any details away at this moment.

Thank you girls for this interview; good luck!

(What did yall think of the interview? please tell feedback)

UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2010 10:29:04(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: Very good interview sweethearts, definitely showcased all your personalities well! Looking forward to the album. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Moquel  
#3 Posted : 28 July 2010 02:09:43(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
GirlSpice wrote:
Glamazon: Very good interview sweethearts, definitely showcased all your personalities well! Looking forward to the album. :)

" Thank you so much! We love you. "
- G2L
UserPostedImage