logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Trucin  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2010 19:52:54(UTC)
Trucin

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage

Earlier today I recieved a copy of a Join the Club's new single, "Fear knocked on the door". Who is Join the Club I hear you say? Well, they're a fairly unknown band globally from New Zealand. Clint Martin, Bobby Francis & Jack McMurphy joined together and formed in Christchurch, New Zealand. They've managed to tour their home country (and Australia) with much success and have been selling out concerts of 65,000+.

Join the Club has recently made the decision to try their luck abroad - They've been touring throughout the country for the past couple months. I managed to get the bands vocalist Clint Martin on the phone for a few words, one of the first things Martin mentioned was how he had been accustomed to small bars, then managed to burst out into success in huge venues throughout Australasia only to come to the States and having to go through it all again.

"It was weird when we first got to the States because we had just finished a massive tour thoughtout NZ & Australia, and we were doing great, a lot of sell out concerts and that. Then we come to the States and we're lucky to fill a pub, haha, it's a bit disheartening and exhausting, but man, it's all apart of the game."

I asked Martin if the band have any plans of touring other parts of the world.

"Um, well yeah, we've looked into quite a lot, and we're tossing up what exactly we want to do currently. It's likely we'll build a profile in the States, then we'll tour Europe, UK & Asia. I know Bobby wants to tour South America, he's watched City of God about a thousand times - Don't ask me how that film inspired him to want to tour South America/Brazil.. he's a bit crazy sometimes - We all are."

Though their self titled album "Join the Club" was only released in New Zealand & Australia, the bands next single is set to hit USA shores as well. The new single "Fear knocked on the door" is said to be their best work, though there isn't a lot of material to compare with, they do have a number of songs written.

"We've got about thirty songs written, but there's only a small handful that are actually any good. Fear knocked on the door probably is our best." said Martin.

"We recorded a pretty mediocre single (Good Morning, Miss Ratched) a few months back just to sort of burst out and see what we had to offer. None of the songs actually made it onto the album though, we've improved A LOT." Martin continued to say.

The band is currently one of Australasia's most talented bands, and they hope their single will finally reach the top 40 charts. Recently Join the Club have been touring through USA to quite acclaim. Their name remains quite unknown, but there's no doubt they'll be big fairly soon.

To find out more info the band, go to their homepage here.

written by Joe Gillis