logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ALX  
#21 Posted : 07 August 2010 15:45:31(UTC)
ALX

Groups: Registered
Man

Ryan: You have inspired us. Not about the whole generic thing (though we agree, I can't tell one singer from another on pop radio these days, with a few exceptions), but you have made want to strive to be on that list of artists that you said were great.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline ScaryShoes  
#22 Posted : 07 August 2010 15:49:52(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

GrungeScornRecords wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
OCC: Dude it is roleplay. I don't know you so I have no problem with you. I have noticed that your guy is crazy as hell though and has murdered people. If you are mad by that, you should probably change your RP because there are definitely going to be haters in RP and being how stale this forum has been lately, I might as well be the one that stirs stuff up.

OOC:I thought they were directed at me, not H.P. That was my mistake.

OCC: If it was directed at you personally I would of used "OCC"
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline troy211619  
#23 Posted : 07 August 2010 23:45:53(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC: YAy! You are back!

Well I agree with you a 100% with what you had just said, music today is just complete bullshit, over repeated, simple yet overrated. What ever happened to the old days? Well the answer to that is really simple, that's the reason why we are here today, we are here to revolutionize music to its limits, well that's why we even started the band since we wanted to change the perspective of the masses, music isn't dying, so we shouldn't really care about those generic pop acts as long as we make music and survive in this business, cause real music prevails, now am I right brother?
-Troy Mascenon
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 08 August 2010 00:12:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
troy211619 wrote:
OOC: YAy! You are back!

Well I agree with you a 100% with what you had just said, music today is just complete bullshit, over repeated, simple yet overrated. What ever happened to the old days? Well the answer to that is really simple, that's the reason why we are here today, we are here to revolutionize music to its limits, well that's why we even started the band since we wanted to change the perspective of the masses, music isn't dying, so we shouldn't really care about those generic pop acts as long as we make music and survive in this business, cause real music prevails, now am I right brother?
-Troy Mascenon

Alicia: I agree, I think generic pop acts only ever have limited appeal and are usually forgotten quite quickly. I hope people don't consider my music generic pop, I'd like to think it has a bit more weight behind it than that.
Offline Aj  
#25 Posted : 08 August 2010 00:26:32(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Famouss7x7 wrote:
Brittany Knox: Yanno, I could understand if my music DIDN'T sound good, or my popularity DIDN'T sprang up. But my music IS selling I am gaining MANY fans. So what am I doing wrong? The fact that I'm making pop music and I look pretty? Whats wrong with pop music? Yes I've heard the whole generic statement over and over again but you have no write to not call me an artist, if I wasn't an excuse for an artist I wouldn't be traveling all over the world giving my fans what they want to see. My lyrics don't consist of trash, but what comes from my heart, I write my own music. Don't just judge me by the genre I make but my drive and my hard work. People seek me out, want to see what I'm revealing next, from everything that I just said, does that really mean I'm not a real artist? Actually, you can think what you want about me but my music is being anticipated and brought. Maybe its just time for you to change up your music if your thriving so badly to be in the limelight like the people who "don't deserve to be" maybe your doping something wrong. Not me. And, how can my voice be above average, but not that good. Pick one.

I actually completely agree with this, I'm not entirely sure what the fuck Linda Fea even does in the music industry. All I know is that a while ago whenever there was a bust up with Stephanie Fierce she'd come and talk bullshit. Taking the piss out of song names is a fucking joke, you haven't even heard it and your dissing it because of it's name? Your a complete moron. Brittany Knox is a very interesting and very exciting artist at the moment in the industry, so don't just fuck off for ages then come back and start saying stuff about decent, hardworking artists and just kiss the asses of the already popular ones. The only bands you mentioned that are worthy of the credit you gave them are The Nimrods, Mind, Blood of Wecz and Reckoner, simple as.

Ben

Edited by user 08 August 2010 00:45:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#26 Posted : 08 August 2010 01:43:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:

Alicia: I agree, I think generic pop acts only ever have limited appeal and are usually forgotten quite quickly. I hope people don't consider my music generic pop, I'd like to think it has a bit more weight behind it than that.

Linda Fea: Not in all cases, which is the reason why the industry is at its worst. Being in the industry as a critic for a long time, judging award show like the IMA's, I have come to realize If you can make in impact in music that's what matters. I think all music is generic theses days, but the approach and reason behind it is what's respectable. And your approach is respectable. And that's what I'm trying to say. Bands and artists like Reckoner, Stephanie Fierce, Ryan Ross Hernandez and pretty much almost any other band that Voyd mentioned are generic. But the artists/band's approach towards music is different. Which goes back what i was trying to say. Listening to Leather Love, and seeing her approach towards the subject and calling herself an artist is lame to me that's why made my review.

Edited by user 08 August 2010 01:44:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified