logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2010 06:03:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Keep voting! :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline everythingorange  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2010 08:31:43(UTC)
everythingorange

OOC: I'm so sorry about your terrible album sales D-:
Offline Ronny Rocken  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2010 11:08:52(UTC)
Ronny Rocken

ooc: I might have got something wrong here. But isn't the sale what we've got the game for?
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2010 15:49:11(UTC)
Famouss7x7

No, it was put up for my own purpose but people aren't being realistic, starting to think this was a bad idea. Should have never done this, but anyway, good joke people! and they know who they are Applause
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:03:48(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Famouss7x7 wrote:
No, it was put up for my own purpose but people aren't being realistic, starting to think this was a bad idea. Should have never done this, but anyway, good joke people! and they know who they are Applause

OOC: Yeah why did someone vote 400,000. That's a real joke. Applause

Next time just use the game. That was pointless.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:04:57(UTC)
Famouss7x7

I find it a joke to be at 80,000 - too.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

#7 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:06:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Famouss7x7 wrote:
I find it a joke to be at 80,000 - too.

OOC: How? You asked someone for their opinion and they gave it. That's why if you're not going to accept their opinion in the first place then this is pointless.
Offline Malory Evans  
#8 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:08:06(UTC)
Malory Evans

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Famouss7x7 wrote:

Usually, Im not the one to take sides nor do I get in the middle of things but I must say, I see where Famouss7x7 is coming from, that is very unrealistic for someone of Brittany's stature (in character) after all the promotion and hype and attention (on forum and in RP world) ,all are fairly high to out the gate sale 80,000? Im starting to feel people just did that as a personal blow to the Brittany Knox character. NOT the person behind the character.
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:10:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Then why do you say its a joke for someone to vote 400,000 ?

- All in all I'm not upset I just say wow. Its my decision in the end and I really thought I could increase realism in the game by people voting on it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:12:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Personal blow right? In another words your saying they don't like the character so they just pick the lowest amount of sales? You could or cant be wrong but if that's the case then idk what to say lol. Sick
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

#11 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:15:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Malory Evans wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Famouss7x7 wrote:

Usually, Im not the one to take sides nor do I get in the middle of things but I must say, I see where Famouss7x7 is coming from, that is very unrealistic for someone of Brittany's stature (in character) after all the promotion and hype and attention (on forum and in RP world) ,all are fairly high to out the gate sale 80,000? Im starting to feel people just did that as a personal blow to the Brittany Knox character. NOT the person behind the character.

OOC: Then you are obviously somewhat ignorant about the industry and how promotion works. You can put an artist everywhere and the artist could sell 20,000 copies. Personally I can see how she could sell less than 80,000 copies. Many artist in fact sell that many copies these days. Her impact isn't as you have exaggerated it. Obviously seeing the variety of votes people have broads opinion of her character. She's asking us the voters what do WE think she should sell. Why would she have the option of 80,000 then? if she didn't think it was a fair or reasonable number. There is absolutely no point of doing this if the person is not able to accept what the people have chosen. Just saying.
Offline Malory Evans  
#12 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:26:04(UTC)
Malory Evans

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Malory Evans wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Famouss7x7 wrote:

OOC: Then you are obviously somewhat ignorant about the industry and how promotion works. You can put an artist everywhere and the artist could sell 20,000 copies. Personally I can see how she could sell less than 80,000 copies. Many artist in fact sell that many copies these days. Her impact isn't as you have exaggerated it. Obviously seeing the variety of votes people have broads opinion of her character. She's asking us the voters what do WE think she should sell. Why would she have the option of 80,000 then? if she didn't think it was a fair or reasonable number. There is absolutely no point of doing this if the person is not able to accept what the people have chosen. Just saying.

Actually, that is untrue only the "one hit wonders" who try and make come backs these days sell around that for example Kelis, Amerie, Solange Knowles or artists who have stayed out for years and years and weren't big names in the first place. But not new artists who do full on promotion and a fresh new face? definitely not. That doesn't mean shes ignorant about how promotion works, and even if she did make a mistake which I think she didnt, not everyone is a music guru and knows that much about music. You, you seem to know alot about music and such does not mean someone has to have that much knowledge about it.
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:26:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Just saying? You just called me ignorant? Whatever, by the end of the week when charts go up I'll accept whatever you guys voted. Idc if its below 80,000 because its the only fair thing to do, if I feel that is because it is my decision of at the end of the day. But calling me ignorant, TOTALLY uncalled for.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Malory Evans  
#14 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:32:13(UTC)
Malory Evans

Quote:

That there was pointless for you to say, you don't have to be so nasty. And its nasty for you to sarcastically put it on 2 font just to say it, normal font would make it a normal thing to say, a suggestion, but making it smaller is just a small personal shot.
UserPostedImage

#15 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:37:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Malory Evans wrote:

Actually, that is untrue only the "one hit wonders" who try and make come backs these days sell around that for example Kelis, Amerie, Solange Knowles or artists who have stayed out for years and years and weren't big names in the first place. But not new artists who do full on promotion and a fresh new face? definitely not. That doesn't mean shes ignorant about how promotion works, and even if she did make a mistake which I think she didnt, not everyone is a music guru and knows that much about music. You, you seem to know alot about music and such does not mean someone has to have that much knowledge about it.

Which is why I am calling YOU ignorant. Look up the definition of Ignorant, and realize that I'm not calling you stupid. That whole thing about new artists having big success when they first come out is obviously not true. In fact, while things can be predictable for artists in the industry (As in first week sales wise) things can turn around at any second, especially for NEW artists. Promotion doesn't cut it.

If this person is really a new user, i don't want to make it seem that I'm coming at them. She wanted my honest opinion and I gave it. I don't see how selling only or fewer than 80,000 copies is a bad thing for a first week sales for a new artist in the first place. Famouss7x7 doesn't want our real opinion, she wants us to kiss her ass. I don't mean to come off as an ass hole by saying that, but it's the truth. Otherwise she wouldn't mind us voting her artist 80,000 copies. Which is not bad at all.

That's all I'm going to say this little predicament. I'm moving on and to Famous7x7 good luck with figuring this out.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:43:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Totally not it. Just don't try and defend yourself. You gave your opinion and its TAKEN and quite frankly for you to come on here and disrespect us is seriously uncalled for? Having a debate and being personal is TWO different things. Go look and see what you said. Like the Malory user said, NASTY comments. Totally uncalled for and I wasn't taking at anyone, cause I dont know who voted. And I said this earlier, its a game and I almost never get upset at what people say.

- I knew something was up when you first said "obviously your not new"

I flung it off and laughed about it but what you have to say? As if your high and mighty like the musical king to call people ignorant about it too? Uncalled for and you could have taken a whole different route, but yes, you did want to be an ass about it because if you didn't you wouldn't have made that small font being very sarcastic about it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Malory Evans  
#17 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:49:49(UTC)
Malory Evans

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Malory Evans wrote:

Which is why I am calling YOU ignorant. Look up the definition of Ignorant, and realize that I'm not calling you stupid. That whole thing about new artists having big success when they first come out is obviously not true. In fact, while things can be predictable for artists in the industry (As in first week sales wise) things can turn around at any second, especially for NEW artists. Promotion doesn't cut it.

If this person is really a new user, i don't want to make it seem that I'm coming at them. She wanted my honest opinion and I gave it. I don't see how selling only or fewer than 80,000 copies is a bad thing for a first week sales for a new artist in the first place. Famouss7x7 doesn't want our real opinion, she wants us to kiss her ass. I don't mean to come off as an ass hole by saying that, but it's the truth. Otherwise she wouldn't mind us voting her artist 80,000 copies. Which is not bad at all.

That's all I'm going to say this little predicament. I'm moving on and to Famous7x7 good luck with figuring this out.

Being called ignorant? You don't know me personally to call me ignorant. You, are being ignorant enough to go and tell me to look up the definition, thats disrespectful and ignorant itself I am not ignorant about the way music and the way promotion works. I do know somewhat but I'm not a guru with music and such. Not once did we call you any names or insult you but you went to say Im ignorant and that famouss7x7 just wants people to kiss their ass, PERSONAL SHOTS. UNNEEDED..

Edited by user 14 August 2010 16:50:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#18 Posted : 14 August 2010 16:54:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Whatever, in the end just know I don't know why you would ever say that, when I didn't even say anything to you stephaniewazhere. I have been nice to everyone since I've gotten here and gotten a chance to know a fair share of people and I have become that 10 to 12 people who play regularly just so I don't become the others who daze off for weeks not making this place a bit interactive, I don't deserve anything you just said to me and I feel very disrespected in all ways and offended. I'm done replying here for the night. Bye.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage