logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2010 03:34:53(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Only a few more days before the release of Reckoner's third studio album, frontman Troy Mascenon gives MTV a short interview revealing details of the upcoming album, personal issues with fame, and a whole lot more...

Ok so how are you feeling today? With all the fame and success your band has achieved, do you think this is more than what you have bargained for?

-Absolutely, this is way more than what I've bargained for. I mean back when we were still in the process of making Invisible I thought of making fun with the album. We weren't really serious with anything and I thought like, "Oh, why don't we release a few more singles, tour a bit, and then get back to our normal lives?", now I realized that it was a really impossible thing to do. People started buying our stuff and it made us a bit flattered for a while, then we start making new songs and after that the Reckomania begins. Everybody starts getting addicted to our music dragging us into mainstream popularity, infront of the eye of every possible possible human being alive, now isn't that thought scary? This is MORE than what we ever imagined, it's actually TOO much.

How ironic, but why even enter the music industry?

-Great question, simple answer. Reckoner is just the product of close friends and the will to make music. It all started back in high school when I offered Carl some guitar lessons, later on my cousin Tristan entered the band, JPC came in after watching us play and then JC quitted his band just so that he could join ours. We then built a bond between each other and we started to make crappy music, others thought it was great but in out eyes they were just pieces of crap. We then made fun of it further and created an EP of total bullshit, which turned out to be the biggest mistake we have done. Now this is where we are and I regret it so much. Music should only be music, don't go any further.

Is it true that fans are rubbish in your opinion?

-Fuck no, fans are absolutely great. The only problem I have is those who do not know how to respect my personal space. I'm still traumatized with that incident a few years back in the Invisible Era where a fan tackled me down to the floor, I hit my head real hard and it left me unconscious. Luckily I had JPC and Tristan carry me to the medical team while JC and Carl brought the crazed fan really far away from me. I woke up 4 hours later in the tour van and ever since then, I have been more careful when going anywhere. It's really a traumatic experience. But that doesnt mean that I hate fans, I love them all as long as they don't love me TOO much.

I think it's getting too personal, now on to the real topic, what details can you share about the new album? Fans are wetting themselves to get these info.

-Haha, well the new album has already been named Everything X and it would be released on August 18th, also known as Day X since this marks the beginning of the slow process called World Domination. Now I'm gonna give more details about it, probably more than what I should be giving. The album is gonna be really really different from our past albums, a bit darker than it seems. Invisible is the more commercial pop rock album, for the easy listening people while Backstabber was more of the aggressive, raw sounding, alternative rock, great for headbangers. Now Everything X drives all that aggression away into a somewhat smoother sounding album. So to sum that up, Everything X is the electronically driven album. More on that, we have incorporated even more genres like Jazz, a wee bit of pop, and Art Rock. We also used a synthesizer called the ondes Martenot for most of the songs on this album, also we used electronic gadgets like voice distortion and some electronic noises. We also used some sampling for this record on one song, better guess which. Also, the lyrical themes of the album delve even deeper than imagination with songs about nightmares, the future of the world, and even drug problems. Isn't it exciting?

It sure is, now I'm sure you are aware that Catalyst Analyst has received a great deal of attention in the radio and in MTV, now when would be the release date of the single?

-The single would be released on the 15th, 3 days before the album is released.

Great, it was a nice interview Mr. Mascenon, we hope that the new album would live up to the expectations!

Good luck with that!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2010 04:12:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Linda Fea: I am fairly disappointed by the few details that were released from the album. I'm hating how bands this era are trying to incorporate jazz to make themselves sound sophisticated and respected. Can't it seriously get any more gimmicky than that? I don't know how that is going to mix in with the whole electronic and synthesizing instruments. The album hasn't been released and I can't really make full judgments, however it seems that Reckoner isn't really focused on their sound but more on trying to sounds way too experienced and unique. So much that they are loosing themselves and I'm starting to doubt that Everything X" is going to be living up to my expectations. I'm not falling for it.

Edited by user 14 August 2010 04:17:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2010 06:15:38(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I'm looking forward to this album, though I can understand why some are annoyed that you aren't releasing much information about it. It's only a couple more days until the release of Everything X, so I can afford to wait. It's nice to see a band experimenting, but I really hope you aren't just using it as a gimmick. It's going to be hard to live up to the hype after your first two albums, but Reckoner haven't failed before, so I doubt they will this time!
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2010 21:50:37(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Linda Fea: I am fairly disappointed by the few details that were released from the album. I'm hating how bands this era are trying to incorporate jazz to make themselves sound sophisticated and respected. Can't it seriously get any more gimmicky than that? I don't know how that is going to mix in with the whole electronic and synthesizing instruments. The album hasn't been released and I can't really make full judgments, however it seems that Reckoner isn't really focused on their sound but more on trying to sounds way too experienced and unique. So much that they are loosing themselves and I'm starting to doubt that Everything X" is going to be living up to my expectations. I'm not falling for it.

Yet again your completely moronic opinions have no base to them whatsoever, would you actually care to listen to the album before you call their music gimmicky. Just please fuck off, your not rock and roll your just a complete bender - thusly you can suck my fucking ballbag. Reckoner I'm looking forward to this album so much, so give us more fucking details or I'll come down there and rape you up the poo shoot.

Ben
Offline Laurelles1  
#5 Posted : 14 August 2010 22:24:23(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: I think that this could be Reckoners best album yet. Linda Fea has no idea what she's talking about, she just likes moaning because she feels that it makes her superior, when on the contrary, it makes her look a picky twat. Can't wait.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
#6 Posted : 15 August 2010 00:26:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Linda Fea: Ben I think the moron is you. A moron for not completely comprehending what I was trying to say. Instead of being a little cunt and coming at me, you should probably take sometime to re-read what I stated. I was very specific on why I said when i said them incorporation Jazz music to their album is gimmicky. But of course since Reckoner seems to be your pimp whore, I guess me stating my opinion on that is a crime. Well not in my book. Ok sweetheart. Now as much I will like to see you rape reckoner in the poo shot. I think I will hold pass on that one because i have much better things to do. As Stephanie Fierce would say, HAVE A FIERCE DAY!

- Love, Linda
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 15 August 2010 00:33:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Stacey: I think this album will definitiely be your best album yet. I think your guys are getting better and better and that will show on the album, also having Danny Allen produce will add to it. I can't wait for it.
Offline troy211619  
#8 Posted : 15 August 2010 00:36:34(UTC)
troy211619

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Well going jazz isnt just a gimmick, it's actually a tribute to my grandfather who turned 75 when we wrote the song, he was part of a jazz band before and he requested that I put in some jazz as a birthday gift. Its obvious that you don't know my band since Backstabber already showed signs of experimenting with different genres of music like metal and blues, this album goes even darker and deeper than that. Also the album incorporates Jazz influences, that doesn't necessarily mean that we ARE going jazz, it only means that some songs have that jazz feel to it. This album still has the rocking guitars and superior basslines, obviously you havent had a listen to Catalyst Analyst. This album is experimental, but that is a result of my wide taste in music and I can''t do anything but just go with the flow of the songs I'm writing. But I'm glad you gave us some criticism, it always helps you know.
-Troy Mascenon
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : 15 August 2010 00:37:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: I think that this could be Reckoners best album yet. Linda Fea has no idea what she's talking about, she just likes moaning because she feels that it makes her superior, when on the contrary, it makes her look a picky twat. Can't wait.

Linda Fea: Do i care what it makes me look like? Absolutely not.
#10 Posted : 15 August 2010 00:48:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troy211619 wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Well going jazz isnt just a gimmick, it's actually a tribute to my grandfather who turned 75 when we wrote the song, he was part of a jazz band before and he requested that I put in some jazz as a birthday gift. Its obvious that you don't know my band since Backstabber already showed signs of experimenting with different genres of music like metal and blues, this album goes even darker and deeper than that. Also the album incorporates Jazz influences, that doesn't necessarily mean that we ARE going jazz, it only means that some songs have that jazz feel to it. This album still has the rocking guitars and superior basslines, obviously you havent had a listen to Catalyst Analyst. This album is experimental, but that is a result of my wide taste in music and I can''t do anything but just go with the flow of the songs I'm writing. But I'm glad you gave us some criticism, it always helps you know.
-Troy Mascenon

Linda Fea: The problem is that if it were someone else from a non fan perspective, then it would be looked as gimmicky. That's how hypocritical this industry is. But because it is Reckoner, it is all of the sudden not gimmicky. Obviously you have a very solid fan base, who went against anything I just said. But the truth is that, experimenting with Jazz is just as gimmicky as Stephanie Fierce rapping on "Massacre in the Industry". There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm not saying it sounds horrible, it's just gimmicky. I'm glad my critic helped you guys. That is after what I'm trying to do. And to anyone else who wants to come at me, realize that I'm not the only critic in the world.
#11 Posted : 15 August 2010 02:20:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Daniel: I'm very excited about this record, simply because It's experimental and it's makes music so much more interesting. Linda Fea will never be satisfied. Either music is too generic or it's too gimmicky. Nothing ever fucking satisfies her. I'll be picking this up and since the date is not far away it makes it the more exciting.

OOC: Man i really feel bad. I think I got too deep into character, so I will to apologize for me being an asshole. It was nothing personal I just got too deep into character. I'm pretty sure you worked hard on this and will like some positive feedback, so I'm going to do that.
Offline Laurelles1  
#12 Posted : 15 August 2010 02:21:40(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: The characters great. It's just Jason would hate her in real life.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#13 Posted : 15 August 2010 02:25:31(UTC)
troy211619

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Daniel: I'm very excited about this record, simply because It's experimental and it's makes music so much more interesting. Linda Fea will never be satisfied. Either music is too generic or it's too gimmicky. Nothing ever fucking satisfies her. I'll be picking this up and since the date is not far away it makes it the more exciting.

OOC: Man i really feel bad. I think I got too deep into character, so I will to apologize for me being an asshole. It was nothing personal I just got too deep into character. I'm pretty sure you worked hard on this and will like some positive feedback, so I'm going to do that.

OOC: Its great having negative feedback too, it makes RP more lifelike, better than everybody kissing up to you even though they never really knew you...
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
#14 Posted : 15 August 2010 04:16:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Laurelles1 & troy211619

OOC: I wasn't so much the character. It was me. I should of at least put something positive along side of the comment with a different character. It made me look like an ass. But it's all set and done. I'll move one.