logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:18:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Image New York: Daniel Doesn't have features?

Over 255,000 copies sold of Anti-social and Daniel is willing to give it up for Music.
80,000+ US
100,000+ UK (Silver)
65,000+ Japan
5,000+ Other

So how has it been Daniel. What are you feeling like at the moment? I must say looking at your success, you must be a happy man.
I'm feeling great. It has been an amazing year and many crazy things have happened. It's unreal and it's like a big pill that is hard to swallow. It's great *giggles* You know it's no longer a struggle, I have money on me and life has really turned for me. Ever since releasing this album I have been more social and more cheery. It's really has done great wonders me as a whole.

Let's talk about your art. Artwork to be specific. The single artwork for "Banana Boy", features you eating or as many people will like to say deep throating a banana. What is the whole banana thing about?
The whole point of the artwork is really hilarious. The way people took it was just as I predicted it. The point of it was to distract you. Let's just say I'm not the first to do this.

What inspires you to make your artwork?
I really hate to call it artwork, it's more like photography, because most times I'm not the one taking the picture. But sometimes I do. Basically, it is just things I envision when I write the song. It's not me putting a pop star image or a photoshoot, it's more like me representing the track in a picture. Talking about artwork, I feel that i haven't really showcased my artist in me as I wanted to. But that's about to change really soon.

Come on you can beat yourself that much. You must at least feel proud!
No I do! But we all make few mistakes here and there and sometimes forget certain details we weren't suppose to forget and that's the reason I'm releasing a second version of the "Anti-social" music video. But I'm really proud of what I expressed so far.

Now. Some people call you the "pretty boy" and as I can see, you are in shape. Do you work out? What do you do keep up with the shape you have?
To be honest I rarely sit down and say I need to work out. I can count with one hand the times I sat down and said. "Ok I need to work out". I just dance a lot and run a lot in my spare time. I love to run, so I guess that's what keeps me thin. And the bone structure of my face is not that masculine as many other people. I'm very shy about my features, because my mind set is that I don't have any features.

Now we know your music is experimental is there any bands or artist who have influenced your music?
Nope. I'm not influenced by other bands or artists. I don't think my music sounds anything like what is out right now. I'm influenced by my life and what I go through as well. As egotistic as that sound, it is the truth. This goes back to what I said about my childhood. I didn't have the privilege to look into music like many others kids did. So the last three years I have been sort of looking into it and I'm growing with it as time passes. But the influence if more within myself than others. So it's like I'm finding out who I am and reflecting it at the same time. Things in Puerto Rico are much more strict and not many people in the island are exposed to indie or to other forms of music. It's really hard to break out of that and luckily I did. I don't think if my mother moved us to Florida, I would be where I am today. I think about that everyday. My decision to stay here was one of the best decisions I made in my life but the most challenging at the same time.

Do you have any favorite bands and artists at the moment?
Yeah. There are the well known legends whom we mention every time. I like a variety so I can't really pick favorites. A lot of the people I listen to right now are underground and haven't really been heard yet. People who make music just for the fun of it. More raw and not so prissy. That's what I'm really into anyways. The Producers is one band that is finally starting to get noticed. So I could say them. Hmm.......I also like Infinite, Green Leaf and Reckoner. That's about it for well known bands. Most of the people are unknown, I'm not really into mainstream music like I use to be. Nothing is particularly new anymore.

You recently announced that you're working on your second album. There are some sort of rumors are going around that you are releasing it independently. What can we expect from the new album?
Those actually are not rumors. It's the truth, I'm basically almost done with my Hot Eye Records contract. We are going to promote the album a little longer and then is adios!
My second album, I'm going to step it up a notch now that I have made some money. I'm also looking forward to maybe collaborating with artists and bands. You hardly see artists and bands collaborate and that's something I will like to do whether is behind the scenes or whatever. I want to do it the right way. There is a lot going on right now that I can't speak in terms of record labels but I'll be ok.

Do you feel like you will earn more respect by releasing something independently?
I'm not looking for respect. I'm not going to give a flying shit if you don't respect me. It's just my preference. I don't feel comfortable having millions of fans. It's not like I'm plotting a career suicide or anything. I'm still going to be able to release music and tour around. I want to give more details but I can't at the moment. There is nothing wrong with fame or anyone who wants it, it's just my personal preference. I just recently heard my album has a sold a total of 250,000 copies worldwide. So I'm good. I want to take myself seriously but not my success. All I want is music credibility and knowledge. Because at the end if you don't have that, your millions of records sold can mean shit.

What is one thing people don't know about you, that you will like them to know?
One thing people don't know is that I'm actually into dancing. I like dancing alone though. Not in the night clubs or bars. I feel that I can connect with myself much better when I dance things out alone. Which is a side of me I'm going to show on my next album. Dancing is something special and it really is a true art and it's not given enough credit. The only kind of dance I'm into where it involves more than one person is Tango. Which you will see a little of in my "Love Isn't a Sin" video.

What are some things you like to do on your personal time?
I like to write, read. Listen to music. Run. Write, read and listen to music again. Run. Take a shower, then go to sleep. Wake up eat something if I'm hungry. Write, read and listen to music. Run once more.

Any favorite instruments?
Yes. I can play the piano, it's the only instrument I can play perfectlyy. I can play a couple of others, some from my homeland as well.

What would you say is your sexual preference?
My sexual preference? I do not know. I like boobs.

Anti Social is out in stores!

Edited by user 16 August 2010 04:43:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:34:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Quote:
I like boobs.

Stacey: Don't we all.
#3 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:42:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

C4AJoh wrote:
Quote:
I like boobs.

Stacey: Don't we all.

Daniel: Hell to the yes.

Edited by user 16 August 2010 04:43:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline infinite135  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:44:14(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Everybody likes boobs... those who say they don't are just too scared to admit it....
Good interview, though! Your music is very experimental and unique, and that's why I love it. I'm looking forward to working with you on our collaboration
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
#5 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:46:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

infinite135 wrote:
Everybody likes boobs... those who say they don't are just too scared to admit it....
Good interview, though! Your music is very experimental and unique, and that's why I love it. I'm looking forward to working with you on our collaboration
-Eric Quillington

Daniel: Even the gays love boobs. And thanks man, it's going to be really good. Can't wait for the new album!
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:52:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: You continue to make me fall in love with your style and artistic views, sweetheart. Fabulous!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#7 Posted : 16 August 2010 04:56:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
Glamazon: You continue to make me fall in love with your style and artistic views, sweetheart. Fabulous!

Daniel: Means a lot. Thanks! Can't wait to show you the "Love Isn't a Sin", music video. The treatment is really nice!
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 16 August 2010 05:02:54(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:

Daniel: Means a lot. Thanks! Can't wait to show you the "Love Isn't a Sin", music video. The treatment is really nice!

Glamazon: Can't wait to see it! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry