logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

660 Pages«<225226227228229>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#4521 Posted : 23 October 2010 05:44:17(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason chuckles at this and quickly rushes to replace his acoustic with his electric, before returning and joining in the fun. Whilst doing this, Jason does his best impression of Eric.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4522 Posted : 23 October 2010 05:46:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
GirlSpice wrote:
A quiet and reserved Miss Vanity smiles at them both on stage as she claps, her bodyguards look behind at her, signalling to keep it down to prevent attention being drawn to her, she lowers her head.

Joe and Stacey seem in deep conversation.
Joe: Go on do it, you never know she might say yes
Stacey: Nah, she'll never go for it, she's in disguise for a reason
Joe: You'll regret not asking, imagine being able to say you danced with Miss Vanity while Jason Smith and Eric Quillington performed, that's an awesome story
Stacey: I don't know her really, she'll just think I'm some weird lesbian chick
Joe: Well most people think that though, just do it
Stacey: NO. just drop it
Joe: Fine ...

Joe: You know you wanna
Offline infinite135  
#4523 Posted : 23 October 2010 05:53:39(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
How to Disturb and Alienate Others has no chorus, and Eric uses the opportunity to sing snippets of Spinal Tap's 'Sex Farm' in between verses. While some people laugh at this, those who haven't heard of the band feel as though they're missing out on some sort of a joke. As the song ends, Eric talks to the crowd;

Eric: What a beautiful song, perfect songwritting. I mean, as complex as Infinite songs get, they'll never match the sheer sophistication of Sex Farm. It almost brings tears to my eyes when I hear it... anyways, Jason! I suppose it'd be your turn to pick a tune.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4524 Posted : 23 October 2010 05:56:21(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Why thank you. I think it's time for a bit of The Aeronaut. Is that all right Eric?

Before actually listening to see if Eric had agreed to this song choice, Jason went into the introduction riff. The Aeronaut was one of the poppier songs they had written and Jason had thought that the people may enjoy it more.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4525 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:03:30(UTC)
infinite135

Man

After muttering angrily under his breath, Eric manages to catch up to Jason's ferocious guitar-playing. Aside from singing harmonies during the chorus of the song, Eric focuses mostly on guitar. Freed up from his duties of lead vocals, he spends his time during the song mimicking guitarists suck as Brian May and Jimi Hendrix. Eric even occassionally mimes Jason's playing, in response to him doing the same earlier.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4526 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:07:03(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason chuckles a little at Jason mimicing his style of play and returns to mimicing Eric, as if they'd swapped roles. To show off slightly, Jason plays the guitar over his head during the solo. At the end of the song, Jason whispers to Eric;

Jason: Howzabout we jam for a while?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4527 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:11:56(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason chuckles a little at Jason mimicing his style of play and returns to mimicing Eric, as if they'd swapped roles. To show off slightly, Jason plays the guitar over his head during the solo. At the end of the song, Jason whispers to Eric;

Jason: Howzabout we jam for a while?

Eric: Mmm, that could definetely work. Then we could flow that freestyle song right into a Beatles song after a couple of minutes, I've been digging their stuff recently. If it's alright with you, what songs d'you know by them?

After talking to Jason for a moment, Eric turns to the crowd and says in a Liverpool accent;

Eric: It's time for a Beatles song, innit?

Edited by user 23 October 2010 06:13:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4528 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:14:00(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Aha, yes... The Beatles... okay. Hello Goodbye? Or what about I Am The Walrus? Or... Tomorrow Never Knows... what do you think we should do?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4529 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:15:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Aha, yes... The Beatles... okay. Hello Goodbye? Or what about I Am The Walrus? Or... Tomorrow Never Knows... what do you think we should do?

Stacey: ACCROSS THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!!!!
Offline infinite135  
#4530 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:17:21(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Laurelles1 wrote:

Eric: I'm thinkin' that "Tomorrow Never Knows" would be pretty sick, since most people would be expecting I Am the Walrus (even though that song is the most brilliant thing in history). 'Tomorrow' would involve one of us to play the drums... d'you mind filling that role? Stacey's loudly telling us that Across the Universe would be a good choice, so let's incorporate that one as well.

Edited by user 23 October 2010 06:18:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4531 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:18:44(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I'm no Dave Grohl.. but I'll give it a go.

Jason gets behind the drums and gets prepared. He plays a little drum roll to practice before giving it the all clear.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4532 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:25:03(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric: Nobody can top Dave Grohl, don't worry. My drummer, Greg, bears an odd resemblance to him, though...

After playing the introductory guitar riff to 'Rain', Eric cuts away all guitar feedback as a cue for Jason to begin. He plays no guitar for the song until the beginning of the verse 'love is all, love is everyone'. During this time, Eric plays a highly distorted guitar copying the vocal melody while still singing, creating an unusual sound.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4533 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:29:15(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Although Jason isn't godly on the drums, he manages to keep in time and with the rhythm of the song. Towards the end of the song he loosens up a little and starts to get into the groove of things. He imitates Ringo Starr during the song which makes a few people in the crowd titter.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4534 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:33:33(UTC)
infinite135

Man

As the song ends, Eric sings a sarcastic 'She loves you, yeah yeah yeah', and bows to the audience in a very Beatle-like manner after the final note is hit.

Eric: Great job, Mr. Starr! I could play Beatles songs for fuckin' hours, but the people in attendance might get bored. Any other bands you feel like playing tribute to?

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4535 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:36:40(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Hmmm... I think that we should probably play a Reckoner song. You know, send our thoughts. What do you think?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4536 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:40:23(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric: Yeah, I couldn't agree more, I was devastated when I heard the news about their break-up/hiatus. I just hope his health will improve soon, because I love those guys to death. What song do you feel like playing? I'm more in the mood for an acoustic song, but any Reckoner song is fine by me.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4537 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:45:28(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I'm thinking Oxygen Thief. I mean, you guys covered it, and it's a truly great song. You cool with that?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4538 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:47:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Stacey stands up and leaves the casino with Joe.

Stacey: I can't be dealing with a major hangover tommorow, time to go I think
Joe: Yeah alright then
Offline infinite135  
#4539 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:50:53(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric: Oh, Oxygen Thief... definetely. An acoustic rendition of that would be creepy as hell, I love it.

OOC: I'm going to have to finish the rest of this RP later on, I'm heading out with some friends in a couple minutes. Sorry, mate. I'm thinking after these two guys finish playing (which hopefully won't be for a couple songs) we could make it into a live EP thing. That'd be sick.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4540 Posted : 23 October 2010 06:51:48(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: That's cool man. And the live RP thing sounds cool as well.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage