logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline _Python_  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2013 19:58:28(UTC)
_Python_

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
When I read through a thread and come across huge signatures, I find it frustrating.

Do signatures need a size limit?

Do signatures that take up a chunk of the page bother you?

Do you think that this thread doesn't belong in this section?

What are you wearing? Dancing

In all seriousness, what is with the huge signatures?
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#2 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:02:02(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
no idea.... i personally hate the fact that you scrawl through massve amounts of the same pictures just to read a couple of one line responses on a page...
a few years ago i tried to have the size limit reduced and organised, but the other mods disagreed (and had massive sigs). So i gave in and slowly but surely drifted away from this site because i was sick of it....

I am wearing a Hiesenburg t-shirt and shorts
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline _Python_  
#3 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:09:55(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post
I am wearing a Hiesenburg t-shirt and shorts

Jake, from State Farm wrote:
I'm wearing khakis.

you must be talking about the roleplay section when you speak of the one line responses. the RP section has changed for sure, it's more about one line posts than actual RP. reminds me of the RP I used to see on Habbo. haven't rp'd in ages, hung that up when it turned into twitter threads and IC remarks in the dirty bastard. can't get into it but back to the huge signatures, smh...

people, why do you insist on the huge signatures? Brick wall
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:12:43(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
I have a fairly large signature why does it matter ?
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#5 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:15:43(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

A large signature takes up more of the page than what someone is actually saying, therefore it turns a thread into a gallery instead of a discussion [and it throws you off if you're trying to read through someone's roleplay]. This is the reason most forums have a signature limit, to keep things nice and clean and not a clusterfuck of whatever the user desires.
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:17:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
There is a limit
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#7 Posted : 16 June 2013 20:19:45(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

I'm saying forums have limits to keep things nice and clean, not that this particular forum has no limit. It doesn't really matter, I contribute nothing to this forum and I only come here to see what people are up to and RPing these days. I just was wondering why people insist on having huge/clusterfucked signatures.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#8 Posted : 16 June 2013 21:41:41(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

nothing is as annoying as having to scroll though shit tons of pictures that no one really gives a fuck about just so we can read your comment.... "there is a limit"

yes there is a limit, but its a stupidly large one.... I tried to get it limited to one pic or five lines of text but was over ruled.... Personally i don't want to see three large pictures of shity photoshop everytime i try and have a discussion with someone.
and im just like:
thanks 1 user thanked Rincewind for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 16/06/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#9 Posted : 16 June 2013 21:57:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Here's the thing, people who are never active on this forum and in RP, and just pop in every 5 months, shouldn't have a say in shit in my opinion. If anything the ones who should be complaining are the people who actually use this forum.

Anyways, I feel like signatures are ok, as long as they don't take more than one viewing page. Meaning as long as I don't have to scroll down when I see your post, to then see your whole post, then that's fine with me.

I feel like one normal sized banner should be the limit. If no that's too much for you, then you need to upgrade your internet service, we're in 2013 not in 2003.

As of right now, I don't see the big deal in anyone's signature. Everything's fine for me!
Offline Mckenzie-  
#10 Posted : 16 June 2013 22:53:46(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I'm with the signature limit. There is countless times when you are on here and it's just a cluster of pictures. In all honesty, is there any need for multiple pictures of the same RP act?
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Rincewind on 17/06/2013(UTC)
#11 Posted : 16 June 2013 23:06:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

So who's signature in specific is so "large" or overcrowded with pictures, that you feel need to complain about it? I would really like to know.

@Mckenzie If that person feel so, then apparently so. I mean some of you just need to get off your high horses. I don't really see what the issue is, and I myself don't use that many signatures. Is like you guys always want something to complain about.

I still would like to know though, who's signature is causing the issue, because as of now, I don't see anybody who's signature is insanely big or whatever.
Offline _Python_  
#12 Posted : 16 June 2013 23:41:37(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

So who's signature in specific is so "large" or overcrowded with pictures, that you feel need to complain about it? I would really like to know.

@Mckenzie If that person feel so, then apparently so. I mean some of you just need to get off your high horses. I don't really see what the issue is, and I myself don't use that many signatures. Is like you guys always want something to complain about.

I still would like to know though, who's signature is causing the issue, because as of now, I don't see anybody who's signature is insanely big or whatever.

For starters, your signature, along with AmyJayneXoX' signature are so big it takes up half the page when I'm reading your post. I have a 32-inch flatscreen for a monitor, so I know that ain't the problem.

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Here's the thing, people who are never active on this forum and in RP, and just pop in every 5 months, shouldn't have a say in shit in my opinion. If anything the ones who should be complaining are the people who actually use this forum.

For one, this forum isn't just for RP. Two, I don't post very often (like I said, I contribute nothing), but I check this forum frequently. Therefore, I indeed use this forum.

@Mckenzie, stay on your high horse. Applause
UserPostedImage
#13 Posted : 17 June 2013 00:05:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Quote:
For starters, your signature, along with AmyJayneXoX' signature are so big it takes up half the page when I'm reading your post. I have a 32-inch flatscreen for a monitor, so I know that ain't the problem.

I really liked that you pointed out my signature because it's just going to validate my point even further. Fact is on my defense, more than half the active users on this forum's signature are bigger than mines and include more pictures. Still, I don't see that being an issue. I personally haven't done the same as them because I haven't caught the time to make multiple signatures. I can see the signatures being an issue when it comes to loading speed, but the fact some people have gifs on here is just as bad or worse. But even so, my internet not being the fastest thing in the world, I still don't have any issues with pictures loading.

If you consider my signature too big, that proves my point that you're not active user, because most people on here have the same size sig as me or even bigger if you haven't noticed.

Quote:
For one, this forum isn't just for RP. Two, I don't post very often (like I said, I contribute nothing), but I check this forum frequently. Therefore, I indeed use this forum.

blah blah blah, you're still not an active user........which was the point I was trying to make. So stay salty and mad, and your horse is one whiney ugly fucker :P

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 17 June 2013 00:08:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gildermershina  
#14 Posted : 17 June 2013 01:01:21(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I tried to make the images in my signature reasonably small and fit in one line. I once thought it would be funny to have a signature image that would be a PNG, entirely transparent, 1 pixel wide and 4000 pixels tall, and nobody would know why there was a huge empty space in my signature. But I figured the satire would be lost on people.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Gildermershina for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/06/2013(UTC)
Offline Rincewind  
#15 Posted : 17 June 2013 02:26:11(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

internet speed is not the issue... Its scrawling past all the fucking pictures again and again and again..

Daniel, you don't see our point, thats fine... However that doesn not mean people are just being whiney bitches. People do see the same thing differently you know.
and im just like:
Offline Rincewind  
#16 Posted : 17 June 2013 02:57:44(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Also... If someone has just posted something they are active on the forum, otherwise they would not have posted anything.
What your re talkin about Daniel is the people who should have the greatest say in things are the people who post the most....

Quality not quantity....

Edited by user 17 June 2013 02:59:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

and im just like:
#17 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:16:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Also... If someone has just posted something they are active on the forum, otherwise they would not have posted anything.
What your re talkin about Daniel is the people who should have the greatest say in things are the people who post the most....

Quality not quantity....

If we want to be specific, by active member, I mean someone who's on here on the daily and interacts at least once a week. Close to that! Even if so, MOST people on here have signatures just as big or even bigger than mine. So the majority overrules either way.

This forum is mostly made up of roleplay users in the RP section. In the RP section, it is cool and common to have banners for your characters. Why? It just is. Also, It is a custom here to have signatures that size because they've been like that for YEARS, why change just because now a couple members are complaining, yet they hardly ever even log in from time to time.

Yes you are a mod, but you are hardly ever on here, so should it bother you that much really?

Edited by user 17 June 2013 03:17:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rincewind  
#18 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:21:00(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

According to my stats I average one post a day, python one post every two days... Sounds active enough if you ask me.
Yes it does bother me and yea it has been this way for a few years, and it has bothered me for a few years.... Did t bother enough other mods so it never got changed.
This topic is about does it bother you, not how often you are on here or how relevant your opinion is... Just what your opinion on the subject is.. Turning it into an argument about the validity of a persons opinion rather than the opinion itself takes us away from the question first asked.

and im just like:
#19 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:29:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

According to my stats I average one post a day, python one post every two days... Sounds active enough if you ask me.
Yes it does bother me and yea it has been this way for a few years, and it has bothered me for a few years.... Did t bother enough other mods so it never got changed.
This topic is about does it bother you, not how often you are on here or how relevant your opinion is... Just what your opinion on the subject is.. Turning it into an argument about the validity of a persons opinion rather than the opinion itself takes us away from the question first asked.

Yet your last 10 posts date back to April and his date back to March. My last 10 posts date back to two days ago. This is counting the posts we already made today. However, this is not about being active at all. I'm basically wondering why people who are hardly ever on here complaining, when they are hardly ever here. It is all I'm saying. Everyone's opinion matters obviously, as long as you are a member, however, since the majority of active users overrules all users then that's why I'm supporting my point.

I did answer the question, I said I see no problem to having the signatures and I gave my opinion why.

Edited by user 17 June 2013 03:30:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline DistortedAudio  
#20 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:33:58(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
I think signatures are quite nice. I'm giving you the opportunity to see a sick alley-oop 20+ times a day. Personally I think some of you should thank me.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 2 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Rincewind on 17/06/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 17/06/2013(UTC)