logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2014 11:09:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Name: Evalyn Dixon
Hometown: Birmingham, England
Genres: Indie Pop, Indietronica, Folktronica, New Wave,
Darkwave, Art Rock, Baroque Pop
Label: Kaleidoscope Records (2014-present)
Years Active 2013- present
Similar To: Christina Lake, Bianca Moretti, Evangeline Wolfe, M.I A,
Amy MacDonald, Carmen Grant

UserPostedImage

Evalyn was born in Birmingham, England on the 19th March 1992 her dad is a surgeon at Birmingham's local hospital, while her mother is a midwife at the same hospital growing up in Birmingham meant for Evalyn a typical upbringing, not overly rich but not poor either Evalyn has two younger sisters Ariana(20) and Kleo(18), being the oldest meant that Evalyn had to most of the time look aged her younger siblings especially as both her parents, generally work long night hours when she was 12, Evalyn began to take dance lessons alongwith singing lessons, by the time she was 16 she had been given all the know how oh how to use your voice properly and how to look after it when she was 18 however she wasdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis(MS) which, effecta the bones in her body this effectd Evalyn physical as she could no longer dance or do anything that was too strenuous, both of her parents wanted Evalyn to follow there footsteps into the medical world but Evalyn was set on becoming a singer, her parents felt singing should be a back up, but Evalyn had other ideas at 18 she left her family home because of her parents, and left them to struggle with her two younger sisters while working at the hospital, just two years ago when she was 20 she decided to return home only to be turned away again by her parents, to this day she has no contact with either of her parents, she currently lives with a friend in Sydney, Australia were she has now lived for two years
UserPostedImage

Evalyn's career in terms of music has been a long and slow process, she began to first perform in pubs and clubs in her local area, but never manged to get the attention of music a&r's but rather unsurprisingly, she was getting attention for her looks and body, Evalyn was having modeling deals thrown at her left,right and center, Evalyn at first was sceptical as her real passion was music but she decided to take, this modeling deals to give her some cash flow, after a while her reputation and popularity as a model grow strong and she was earning ait from modeling but music was still her focus so she decided to sign up to ever music related site she could think of trying to get her name more established as a singer rather than the model, Evalyn signed up to sites like MySpace,YouTube,Vine and SoundCloud, the first song that she posted was a cover of M.I.A's paper planes, this first upload didn't gain attention on any of the sites averaging about 200 views on each, the next song she covered was Sammy Griffin's Numb this cover however due to her uploading and sharing the song at the time when the song was highest in it's popularity her cover took off and today currently has a total view count on all sites of 5 million, 2 million from her YouTube cover 1 million on her Vine account and 1 million on MySpace and a further million on SoundCloud, the streams on SoundCloud caused Evalyn to break a record by becoming the first not signed singer on SoundCloud to have 1 million steams/plays, Evalyn plans to release an EP soon independently the EP will also gave single released from it which will be made eligible to chart and one further song from the EP will be released as a free download before the EP is officially released, the EP has yet to be given a definite release date but the title of the EP has been revealed as "The Scientist", the first single from the EP wil be the free download single as a way to introduce the world to Evalyn, look out for the song on digital outlets soon,, it's called 'Three Little Words", 'Three Little Words' despite not being eligible to chart on the main charts around the world it could chart on the ITunes charts and charted in the top 5 in more than 10 counties, Evalyn was set to release 'Lies' as her first offical single but plans were scraped and 'Clockwork' was then chosen as her first official single to be released in July, in its opening week 'Clockwork' sold 170K and charted at #4 on the digital chart, on July 12th it was revealed that her EP would now be called 'Cruise Control' set for release in August, in it's opening week 'Cruise Control sold 105K and charted at #9 on the albums chart, the EP eventually peaked at #6.

UserPostedImage

*site officially launched - 21/5/2014
*Clockwork released - 21/7/2014
*Bad To The Bone released - 20/11/2014

UserPostedImage

Singles
Three Little Words (Free Download) [#DNC]
Clockwork [#4]
Bad To The Bone [#4]

Albums
TBA

EP's
Cruise Control [#6]

UserPostedImage
Professional Email: [email protected]
Blog: [email protected]

OOC - wanted to try something new and get a bit more creative I hope you like :D

Edited by user 17 July 2015 06:27:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 21/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 21/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/05/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/05/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/05/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 25/05/2014(UTC), Moquel on 26/05/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/09/2014(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2014 20:33:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: You're so beautiful! And I love Ed Sheeran! I'm excited to give your music a listen :)

Ooc: Great job on the website, looks fantastic :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 13/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2014 03:11:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: You're so beautiful! And I love Ed Sheeran! I'm excited to give your music a listen :)

Ooc: Great job on the website, looks fantastic :)

Evalyn: thanks girl, cannot wait for you to hear my stuff :)

OOC - thanks it took me forever to get the main picture split up right so thanks so much :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/05/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 23 May 2014 04:32:56(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

FREE DOWNLOAD!!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
AVAILABLE FROM MIDNIGHT!!

OOC - I will premiere it at that time :D

Edited by user 23 May 2014 04:34:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/05/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 25/05/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 24 May 2014 21:36:19(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

THREE LITTLE WORDS STREAMING!!

Edited by user 24 May 2014 21:54:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Princess_Valentine on 25/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 25 May 2014 05:28:50(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: You've got quite the cute website here Evalyn. Might I just say that I love your name as well. It's so spunky! Anyways I'll stop buttering you up but it's nice to have you join the music industry. You seem to have such potential and I can't wait to see what all you can do. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline genocidal king  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2014 02:19:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: your rp skills just keep getting better, and it's awesome to see how far you've come since you started this game. Nice work again :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 26/05/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 13 July 2014 05:37:38(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

THE REINVENTION OF EVALYN DIXON!
she's back
21ST JULY 2014:
NEW SINGLE 'CLOCKWORK' WILL BE RELEASED!!

OOC - lost interest in her but gonna get back to her now :D
UserPostedImage
snap_itshannah on 13/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 17 July 2014 05:20:38(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

VLOG

UserPostedImage

Hey guys, Evalyn here I got some amazing news, my EP is ready at last it's got a new name too it's now called Cruise Control and it will be available to buy in August, I shall leave the tracklist below and also the artwork, the other quick thing I wanted to mention was my first official single which is called Clockwork and is out on July twenty first song very soon and ot will be getting a little preview right here on my website in the next day or two, so I hope you look forward to that cya *kisses camera*

EP TRACKLIST & COVER

UserPostedImage

1. Three Little Words
2. Clockwork
3. Lies
4. Bad To The Bone
5. Paint Me
6. Brush Them Off

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/07/2014(UTC), erich hess on 18/07/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 17 July 2014 06:21:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: Yay, I have an EP coming out soon as well so good luck to you!! :) I can't wait to hear it.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 18 July 2014 10:16:25(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: Yay, I have an EP coming out soon as well so good luck to you!! :) I can't wait to hear it.

Evalyn: thanks :), I can't wait to hear your EP either!!
UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 18/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 19 July 2014 03:36:05(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

30 SECOND PREVIEW OF 'CLOCKWORK'!!

UserPostedImage

My head is twisting, my head is turning
Ticking and tocking out of control
The constant turning only hurt my mind
And my mind is dirty, dirty for you
My mind is turning tell me I need you
On a daily basis, tick tock
Goes my internal clock tick tocking
For your love and attention

Were are you I need you now here
With me, my head keeps turning like
Clockwork whenever your gone so please
Come back to me so my brain stops turning
Please come back to me, please stop
The hurting, stop making my mind
Work like clockwork

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 19/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/07/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 08 September 2014 07:00:08(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

VLOG

UserPostedImage

Hey guys, so I thought I would give you an update on everything that has been going on recently, but firstly wanna thank everyone that's been supporting my music it means a lot when I heard 'Clockwork' was at number four I couldn't quite believe it and thanks everyone who has gone out and brought my EP means a lot to, as without you I couldn't do the thing I love, so i have a few things coming up I have an interview coming up soon which I'm so excited about, I also have one final song to be lifted from my EP which is "Bad To The Bone" which is hopefully going to be released sometime this month so keep your eyes peeled, I have also begun work on my full length debut album which is scheduled for next year, that's all for now guys, i will leave the artwork for the new single below, have a great evening and hope to see you guys soon *mwah* - Evalyn

ARTWORK FOR BAD TO THE BONE BELOW!
BAD TO THE BONE IS RELEASED SOON!

Edited by user 08 September 2014 07:10:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
snap_itshannah on 08/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#14 Posted : 14 October 2014 09:05:41(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

VLOG

UserPostedImage

Hey guys doing another quick update on what's going on with my single and stuff and what I got going on soon, so the reason my single Bad To The Bone has gotten delayed its because I basically became focused on writing new music for you all to hear, but now I am going to be officially releasing it Next Monday for everyone to download and request on radio etc, now on to some super duper news, I am going to be performing at the Fall Festival at the end of the month on October 24th!, so mark it down on your calendars and come along and see me and many other newbies and big names perform for you all please check the festivals website for pricing, that's all for now folks so I shall leave the artwork for my new single below and look out for it's premiere next week bye!

THE NEW SINGLE!

UserPostedImage

NEXT MONDAY | OCTOBER 20TH!
UserPostedImage
Famouss7x7 on 14/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/10/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#15 Posted : 13 December 2014 09:41:15(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

NEW CHRISTMAS SINGLE!
UserPostedImage
PRE-ORDER NOW! | AVAILABLE THIS MONDAY!

UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/12/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#16 Posted : 06 May 2015 05:44:18(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

VLOG: "I'M BACK"UserPostedImage

HEY, my darlings it's seems like it been forever since I vlogged or did anything, but that is only because I have been working hard on creating new music for you all. Firstly I wanna say a big thank you to everyone that has supported me in my career thus far, your the reason I create music, I create it for the sole purpose of pleasing you guys the fans.

So some of you may not be aware but late last year I signed with Kaleidoscope Records, they released my single I did at Christmas. I am truly humbled by the support and platform they have given me in the creation of my new music. Also while I have been gone I have changed personally I feel more sure in my owm skin now and completely changed the way I go about my life in general and I think that will reflect in my new music.

So speaking of my new music my debut full length album is almost done just got a few more finer details and stuff to sort out but it's gonna be released very soon I promise, but I got an announcement that will get you all excited for the album. The lead single from the album has been decided on and the first single is gonna be "Far Too Many" which was one of the first track I wrote for the album, it is going to be released really soon in a week in fact!

So like most of my blogs and vlogs, you can check out the artwork for my upcoming single "Far Too Many" BELOW!, more updates coming soon peace - Evalyn

CHECK OUT "FAR TOO MANY" ARTWORK BELOW
AVAILABLE FROM MAY 11TH
UserPostedImage
JohnnyBBB on 06/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#17 Posted : 11 May 2015 08:06:48(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

PREVIEW OF "FAR TOO MANY"
UserPostedImage

Boys, I kiss 'em
They come in sacks and dozen
Boys, I kill 'em
They come around like seasons
I don't believe 'em, I don't need any reason
Won't try fussin'
Sometimes they catch me leavin'

I saw one boy look towards me from afar
The one with dashing looks and manly vibes
The one with swagger that looked a dime
I think I'll add these boys to my archive

Far too many boys at this rave that catch my eye
It activates my A.D.H.D
I went with him
Sadly I'm going out with someone else
Far too many boys that I like, can't help that
No matter what i try
I went with him
Sadly I'm going out with someone else

SOUNDS LIKE:

CATCH THE SONGS FULL PREMIERE TOMORROW!
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 11/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#18 Posted : 18 July 2015 08:55:30(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

BRAND NEW SINGLE
UserPostedImage
PREMIERES AUGUST 2ND
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 18/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 18/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 19/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/07/2015(UTC)