logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 08 September 2014 06:12:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: September 9th, 2014
Length: 4:32
Genre: Psychedelic Rock, Indie rock, Stoner rock
Format: Digital Download
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Hayden Merjos
Producer(s): Hayden Merjos, Ashley Hutchenson

Description
The last and final track on the 'Sh*t Happens' album is considered one of the most interesting tracks on the record. The single opens with slow foot stomping and handclaps that demand the attention of the listener. It's a turn from the previous acoustic driven track and has more to it than just singing of loss hope and lostness. In fact, the lyrics go hand in hand with the beat as Hayden wraps us around his finger with his slick lyrics and that addicting beat that seems to fill you with drive and yet makes you want to just sit and groove. Hayden treats us all to another dosage of high falsettos and his thunderous voice during the chorus.

How the track came to be is also another beautiful part of the story. Hayden got the inside scoop of what it was really like to be on an acid trip and took notes. He then turned the story into a somewhat teachable moment; don't do acid, but is also painting a fun yet odd picture of 'purple fields' and 'technicolor lights' where he draws his inspiration from in the first verse. The guitar riffs are strikingly similar, but the song is more downtempo. The track continues the hard-edged, rocking sound from 'Consolation Prize' but less of the classic rock feel. Hayden's vocals are as inviting as the song itself, with his calm demeanor of his recounting of a friend's drug habit. Taking the serious subject into an almost fun and interesting tale, is one of the drawing points.

For this track, Hayden uses a special twelve-string guitar with Bill as the lead guitarist on the song. The composition of this song was put together by Hayden and Bill with a drum pattern playing throughout the song with a series of handclaps. The song was made this way so it projected the feel of being high or on a drug, no fast paced movements but almost slurred in the guitar riffs which also can be described as a continuous pattern of reverbs, giving the psychedelic effect.

The cover art represents an 'acid trip.' It was drawn by an fan who sent in the picture to Merjos saying, "This is what I see when I listen to LSD."

Would you like to take a trip?
One where you can see in technicolor lights
That make you drool and have to steal your baby's bib
You're too confused to know what to think
But you don't realize your small feat
Old dishes and your clothes are starting to stink
Your hobby ain't so cheap
Big sums of tears fall from your cheek and confusion clouds your brain till you drop to your knees
You won't be counting sheep
Here come the crawlers to creep

(Swinging and you're swaying)
Taking everything for granted
(Through contorted faces)
Running faster than a bandit
(Find mysterious places)
So you take a couple more for scared of risking that you'll realize you're abandoned

Purple fields await

Think of all the magical things you can create
Sad I can't relate
When will you be ready to do away with him that keeps you awake?
You're crumbling like cake

Purple fields await

So will you take the call?
Will you ignore or will you soar to the occasion that lingers in your playful little mind?
Now you'll have nothing but time
It's raging up like a fire. And only you can take it higher, what's a guy to do?
Words aren't getting through, and you can't even move
But your mind won't sit still until you lose

(Find mysterious places)
So you take a couple more for scared of risking that you'll realize you're abandoned

Purple fields await (Purple fields await)

Think of all the magical things you can create (You can create)
Sad I can't relate (But I can't relate)
When will you be (When will you be ready?) ready to do away with him that keeps you awake?
You're crumbling like cake

(Find mysterious places)

What's reality and fake anymore?
Finding what you're looking for
Let's go where the purple fields await

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 08/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 08/09/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 08/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 08/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2014 06:20:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Natasha: Definitely my favorite song on the album, I was so freaking excited to hear that you were releasing it as a single. Not that I am a stoner... but I love stoner rock. And points to the fan that sent you that cover art. Freaking awesome stuff.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2014 06:27:38(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erich:i wish i saw that sort of thing. eyeballs that clearly are vaginas..noooo. i see abraham lincoln slathering himself in vaseline to slide through the ear canal of a gerbil named franklin who had a crush on robin meade from cnn.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:03:47(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: I'm not allowed to listen to this at home but I do it anyway. ;)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:19:00(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Elle: Ugh this is amazing this is like the first song I listened to when I got out of CBB, love this song :D

OOC - That artwork is creepy lol
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2014 08:39:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Mark: It's like the spirit of Led Zeppelin brought into the 21st century. I've never done any LSD myself, but I've heard enough Beatles and Zeppelin tracks to know that you're painting a pretty vivid picture here. I love the imagery in the track. It was a fun listen for sure!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2014 23:14:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Natasha: Definitely my favorite song on the album, I was so freaking excited to hear that you were releasing it as a single. Not that I am a stoner... but I love stoner rock. And points to the fan that sent you that cover art. Freaking awesome stuff.

Hayden: Thanks :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:i wish i saw that sort of thing. eyeballs that clearly are vaginas..noooo. i see abraham lincoln slathering himself in vaseline to slide through the ear canal of a gerbil named franklin who had a crush on robin meade from cnn.

Hayden: I can always trust you to say things that make you sound like you're currently on an acid trip, Hess.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: I'm not allowed to listen to this at home but I do it anyway. ;)

Hayden: It warms my heart to know kids are defying their parents to listen to my music. That's so rock n' roll.

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elle: Ugh this is amazing this is like the first song I listened to when I got out of CBB, love this song :D

OOC - That artwork is creepy lol

Hayden: I'm sure CBB was like an acid trip at times. At least it was when I was in there.

OOC: Thanks! :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Mark: It's like the spirit of Led Zeppelin brought into the 21st century. I've never done any LSD myself, but I've heard enough Beatles and Zeppelin tracks to know that you're painting a pretty vivid picture here. I love the imagery in the track. It was a fun listen for sure!

Hayden: The only spirit people are trying to keep up these days are trends which kill their creative spirit but thank you for the kind comparison. I do love some Zeppelin.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Mckenzie-  
#8 Posted : 09 September 2014 00:57:54(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: I really want to come out with a hippie comment and chant "one love brotha" but I won't. Maybe I just did. Anyway, this is pretty damn good man. I always knew you were a kinda breakaway from the norm, and this is a pretty massive tune. You should totally drop some LSD and listen to this song, you may find euphoria!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 09 September 2014 12:49:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: I really want to come out with a hippie comment and chant "one love brotha" but I won't. Maybe I just did. Anyway, this is pretty damn good man. I always knew you were a kinda breakaway from the norm, and this is a pretty massive tune. You should totally drop some LSD and listen to this song, you may find euphoria!

Hayden: Well thanks man. You're like the millionth person to tell me to try LSD. I'm flattered, really.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage