logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2014 05:16:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Members: Drake Antonhy Zaslavsky (mISTER_b), Nate Alexander
Genre: Trip Hop, Hip Hop, Grimme, Deep House, Techno
Label: Independent
Collaborations: Kid Amaze, Liyah, Matt Young, Lucaz Ruiz

‘Groove In Downtown’ is a project by Drake (aka mISTER_b) and Gia-Rose Hilton’s brother Nate Alexander. They first met at a jam session in a Studio60’s recording studios when Drake was working on new music for other artists, in needs of a vocals for his songs, right away Nate was invited to sing one of the songs Drake was composing at that time while the artist supposed to sing it didn’t arrive. After this recording session, Nate Alexander revealed ‘the sweetest voice timber a man can have’ in Drake’s words. The idea of this project started out for Drake, first when he was a struggling DJ in New York, Groove in Downtown used to be a monthly party in one underground club of NY, that Drake used to play deep house and new disco music as shift for his loud progressive house beats. During this party, street artists often appears at that club to paint a wall with graffiti and Drake was always an admirer of these street artists and not only graffiti but a lot other urban arts. So when he first got his number one single, he wanted to go back to this underground root and work on something different from his DJ career, Nate Alexander and his ideologies towards the world’s issues and nature of human race, was just an excuse for both musicians get together and produce the music you’re about to listen with this project.

Some other people helped them on the creative process of it, big hip hop names such as Kidd Amaze, Liyah and Matt Young, participating on the songwriting, producing and featuring on the song as vocalists as well. The project consists of a combination of music in the urban culture. There are hip hop rhymes on them, groove sounds and even some soul influences, the synth pop also was used to add such a mainstream flavor on the tracks but the deep house elements will make them sound subtle and relaxing the same time the Techno music used will take it to the next level and make them sound made for the streets finishing with new disco and finally adding the right groove the songs needed to be approachable for club dances and festival around the globe. The work with these artists also is part of the main work that Drake is developing with his DJ career. Although Nate was in every session they did for this project and together they had the concept of most of the song with Nate co-writing all of them.

The project grew and produced a self tittled album, a couple of successfull singles making these two guys to travel the world with the music they created. After they finished the cycle of promoting and releasing the album, both went separete ways, Drake was right back at the studio to work on new musi for his main DJ career, but something came along the way, making him give up to his initial plans. Later on Nate and Drake meet up again to talk about the future of the project. They plan to release music independently.

Discography soon

Edited by user 26 December 2016 23:11:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 10 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/11/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 08/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/11/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 09/11/2014(UTC), kandii on 05/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2014 03:28:59(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: I've never been this excited for anything like this before until now. I'm quite intrigued. Can't wait to hear the single guys.

Ooc: Such a cute single cover. I love it! :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 11 November 2014 05:21:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: I've never been this excited for anything like this before until now. I'm quite intrigued. Can't wait to hear the single guys.

Ooc: Such a cute single cover. I love it! :D

ooc: Thanks, Ernest is a genius with his art, I'm a long time admirer of his work.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2014 05:11:07(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Can I exist
Released: November 29th
Format: Digital, Streaming, Airplay
Recorded: December 2013
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Alternative Rock, New Disco
Length: 3:41
Label: Studio60
Writer(s): Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, The Vibrator, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, The Vibrator

UserPostedImage

“Can I exist” is the first single of the upcoming album by Groove In Downtown, a side project featuring Drake (aka mISTER_b) and Nate Alexander. The track was recorded back in December 2013 and remained secretly hidden for almost one year. Recently Drake and Nate were able to put the project in the right trail and it could finale “see the sunlight” as Drake said in a recent interview. The project is a drastic change in genre and musical style than we’re used to listen by Drake’s regular DJ career.
Influences on the sound of the track is a combination of alternative hip hop, specially the soulful and rap vocals performed by Nate Alexander, alternative rock because of the acoustic guitar and violins heard in the hook of the track and new disco, an electronic genre that’s been taking the underground scene by storm, it’s perceived on the track due to the bass line and the drum sequence of the track. All of these elements together in only one song might’ve sound confusing, but they were so well produced by Groove in Downtown and The Vibrator, the last one part of the ElectroDeath production team.
The track starts with Nate whispering the word “exist” followed by a funky bass line riff, later on the new disco drums fill the track with groove and fasten its tempo, the same time Nate sings the first verse of the track, this one being sung with soulful vocals. Nate has a soft voice singing, but he sounds dope as if he was tired of singing, it’s so fitting for the melodies of the track. Before the chorus there’s an acoustic rock hook, with some strings and acoustic guitar, Nate’s vocals receive some effects and the track turns back to the funky bass line and new disco drums, while Nate starts his rap. You might think Nate’s rap could sound cheap, but it doesn’t, well his voice is not alone there, we can hear backing vocals and different effects on his voice. The second hook of the track is longer than the first one, this shift between the new disco to alternative rock makes the track sound cool and underground, but there’s no deny that in the end it is mainstream as anything that Drake has produced before.
The lyrics are a social critic of human being lifestyle and media influence in our lives. The question can I exist certainly works as a critic to a society that’s connected one hundred per cent of its time on internet or television or any other “cheap” source of news and futility. Religion is another there talked in the lyrics of the track, they are claiming that advertising is the tool to conquer people and some of the ideologies used on it can cause severe harms to human race such as the social acceleration and the sickness of the 21st century. Two allusion are made throughout the lyrics of the track, the first one is the holy bible used as a metaphor for advertising inducing people to buy stuffs they don’t need to, the other one is the dust of the asphalt making us blind, the landscape of the big metropolis are in constant changes and we seem not to perceive it, because we’re part of this changes.
Overall the song just tries to reach for as many genres as possible and still coming out as a pop song. Catchy melody, most likely thanks to the awesome bass line and the new disco drum sequence, a hook that switches of the club beat and begins an acoustic guitar with even some violins. Then the rap comes in, which has a great flow and acid lyrics. This is only the first piece of music we get from this ambitious but not purposeful side project. Certainly Drake is a good producer, Nate has the right choice of voice for this type of music, and despite we’ve never heard him sing before. Let’s not forget to mention Lilly Stuart takes credit as a songwriter too, she is one of the best writers of mainstream music and let’s not forget that Marcos Stuart her husband is Drake’s manager.
There’s a visual aspect behind the lyrics of this track and it already makes our brains imagine the landscape a song like this could be placed. Drake said in recent interview that the album was visually designed by Ernest Zacharevic, a street artist who pains panels on city walls and streets and any other urban monuments. He often paints children playing around, but sometimes he paints adults living in farms or doing natural activities contrasting the urban lifestyle. He was invites by Drake himself to make the visual aspect of the whole project, which includes a small book with his graphics based on the song’s themes. One of this graphics is the artwork of the single. Drake also said that a music video for this track was also produced and Ernerst’s graphics are part of it.

Lyrics

Exist (5X)

Dust rising of the streets is making me blind
But it’s been some time I can’t feel my eyes
It’s like if you were trying to see beyond you
But my mom long ago told me “don’t believe, you fool”
Each one is with its own perception of reality
Even though is impossible to accept it
But hey, you cannot often be changeable
I’m trying to find my way out of this hypocrisy, but it’s inevitable

Holy book make me understand
Give a hand, be complacent
Make me catch a glimpse of future
What you’re saying? Good old preacher
Is there true behind these lies?
Everyone so busy, out of time
Television gives me a meaning
Can I exist?

Massages of peace in cheap posters
While life is oscillating like a roller coaster
Give us a little hope
Cover us with your holy robe
While advertising is selling us a piece in heaven
Tricking our eyes, strayed on channel seven
This is all bullshit
Hahahahahaa,
Age of consumerism,
And supremacy
If you’re fancy
Then I’m your friend
Yo, they call it nepotism
I call it opportunism
Gain it and stick with me
Yo, we’ll both win
Fight to survive this shit
Even if you can’t see
Fuck, I follow the trend

Holy book make me understand
Give a hand, be complacent
Make me catch a glimpse of future
What you’re saying? Good old preacher
Is there true behind these lies?
Everyone so busy, out of time
Television gives me a meaning
Can I exist?

Fighting to survive this shit
Even I still can’t see
Fuck
I follow the trend
Hahahahahaa,
Fighting to survive this shit
Even I still can’t see
Fuck
I follow the trend

Sounds Like (Not exactly)

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 27/11/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/11/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 30/11/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2014 06:59:49(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: Ah! Great work, guys! This is so exciting to finally hear! I'm not usually a big fan of this kind of genre, but these lyrics bring it all together for me. You guys are opening up a dialogue with your fans with lyrics like these, and that's what's necessary to promote change! :) Great job again. One of my favorites of the year.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 27/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 30 November 2014 01:16:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

DJlittleFever: Hey this is Little Fever talking and we have on the phone the man who’s bringing funky back, Drake aka mISTER_b, what’s up buddy.

Drake: What’s up everyone listening to KISS FM at this Saturday Night. What’s up Fever?

DJlittleFever: We’re very good, thanks for picking up our call, we know you’re very busy recently touring the world and dating Evangeline too, but you manage to have time to talk with us about this very special project you’ve been working on with Nate Alexander.

Drake: You talk as if it was hard for me to tour and date Evangeline (slightly talk) it’s incredible I can’t complain, I get tired sometimes, but that’s the life I chose to live.

DJlittleFever: Pretty well buddy, You are in Mexico because you have a gig booked tonight at the Foro Alive and it’s sold out! How’s the excitement?

Drake: Man, it is large, the venue is really large I think there will be at least ten thousand people in the crowd. It’s very frightening, but I’m so happy to be back in Mexico and playing this time around after all that happened with me and the music that I worked on, it feels like a new whole cycle for me this tour.

DJlittleFever: it was quite a year, we know that, well let’s talk about Groove in Downtown, but I think first it’s better if we hear the new track, so introduce it for the fans listennign to us right now Drake.

Drake: ok, (Brief pause) this is the new single of Groove in Downtown “Can I exist” turn up the volume.

DJlittleFever: we’re back, you just listened to the sound of Groove in Downtown, and we have on the phone half of this duo. I must say Drake, it’s incredible, It’s one of the best songs of the year, it’s clever it’s funky, it’s underground but yet it’s pop, how does you guys created a song like that?

Drake: This song was written and recorded one year ago, exactly this day, November 29th, I was on studio with Nate and a couple of other genius people working on this track. We didn’t have a plan to release it, we were actually considering to give this track for another singer, but I was so glad about the sound of this track that I wanted to keep it with me, it was basically the first time I thought about releasing “Groove In Downtown”. It comes from downtown, I remember I was in Tokyo on my last tour and I was staring that immense metropolis everything so fast and high tech, I started to have this phrase on my mind and that particular bass line riff you hear in the begging of the track.

DJlittleFever: It’s only the first single and we’re already wanting more music from you guys, do you have a date to release the album?

Drake: We don’t have a date yet, because there still one track to be recorded, so we have not finished it yet, but we plan to have it done around January and perhaps we have a late February release date, but I can’t confirm it.

DJlittleFever: Does it have a name?

Drake: It’s self titled.

DJlittleFever: Nice, I heard there’s a video for this single. Can you talk about it? When it will premiere?

Drake: The video is half animated and half acting, there’s me and Nate in the streets of NYC and there’s a sequence of Ernest’s painting on the walls which I think turned it into the best video I ever imagined. It is still on postproduction, but we’re working on for the second week of December.

DJlittleFever: Ernest also designed the cover and a little bookfor this project is that right?

Drake: Yes, he painted the walls listening to the music of this record. It was quite a wonderful experience.

DJlittleFever: Do you guys are going to have a promo tor for this?

Drake: Yes, at first, we wouldn’t but we talked and finally decided to have a little promotion and some touring, but only after the release of the record.

DJlittleFever: Ok, Drake thanks for the short chatting we’ll be playing “Can I exist” over and over again, it’s damn good man, congratulations and good lucky on the gig tonight!

Drake: Thank you Fever, thank you guys!

Edited by user 30 November 2014 14:35:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 30/11/2014(UTC)
#7 Posted : 30 November 2014 06:20:11(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lexi: I only have a few words to say..... I want more! I honestly can't find a single bad thing about this song. ;)

Ooc: It's so great seeing Nate doing music. I never was able to get around to that when I had him so I'm so happy that this is happening. They both make a great team.

Andre Gandra on 30/11/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 30 November 2014 10:27:02(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: I don't know what to make of you...I like your tunes, but then I saw you at a festival with Little Ginger Riding Hood dancing around beside you like an awkward child and it felt weird. Still, good tunes though.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 01 December 2014 04:00:34(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Evangeline: Ah! Great work, guys! This is so exciting to finally hear! I'm not usually a big fan of this kind of genre, but these lyrics bring it all together for me. You guys are opening up a dialogue with your fans with lyrics like these, and that's what's necessary to promote change! :) Great job again. One of my favorites of the year.

Drake: Thank you babe, I'm happy that the message can speak through this music and perhaps induce people to analyze the society they live.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: I only have a few words to say..... I want more! I honestly can't find a single bad thing about this song. ;)

Ooc: It's so great seeing Nate doing music. I never was able to get around to that when I had him so I'm so happy that this is happening. They both make a great team.

Drake: You'll get more Lexi, but only next year ;)

OOC: It is actually cool the idea of having Nate beside Drake in a project like this, they're so different from each other, but the songs for this project goes right in the themes that nate likes to talk about.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: I don't know what to make of you...I like your tunes, but then I saw you at a festival with Little Ginger Riding Hood dancing around beside you like an awkward child and it felt weird. Still, good tunes though.

Drake: I don't understand why you feel weird when Evangeline stayed only a couple of minutes beside me and most of the time I was embracing her, But you may think whatever you want to. Anyway I'm glad you enjoy my music, specially this one, because it certainly has clever approach, so thank you.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 01 December 2014 08:59:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Gia: Finally, my brother has a job now :P This is really good, totally different than anything in the industry right now and I respect that. You guys sound like an amazing team :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 02 December 2014 22:31:18(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Gia: Finally, my brother has a job now :P This is really good, totally different than anything in the industry right now and I respect that. You guys sound like an amazing team :)

Drake: Thanks Gia, I actually want to thank you for the support you're giving to me ever since you hired me, It's a pleasure to be part of studio 60.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 15 December 2014 23:44:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Can I Exist Remixes EP

UserPostedImage

1- Can I Exist
2- Can I Exist Dreaming Remix – The Wolverines
3- Can I Exist Rave Remix – The Vibrator
4- Can I Exist ‘The Wobbler’ Remix – mISTER_b & ElectroLightz
5- Can I Exist Acoustic – Nate Alexander

Production and Description

This is the EP containing four remixes and the original version of the already hit single by Groove In Downtown, called “Can I Exist”. The EP will be available digitally as a promo material, plus some of the tracks remixed is set to be rotating on specific radio stations and nightclubs over the world. The EP anticipates the release of the music video for the single expected to premiere near Christmas.
The first track on the EP is the Deep House remix by another famous duo of mainstream music, ‘The Wolverines’, the track is fill of keyboards and synthesizers, plus its bpm was lowered down despite it tries to maintain the good vibe of the original sound, it might sound a little bit sadder. The melodic elements of this remix belong to the keyboards played throughout it, the vocals remain the same expect some additional backing vocals and repetitions. The synth beats are house influenced, shifting the sad mood to a more relaxing one, something we’ve heard on ‘The Wolverines’ debut single. The track starts slowly till it increases progressively to a funky melody and ending with the same drum sequence it started out.
Young ElectroDeath Team DJ and producer ‘The Vibrator’ produced the second track. This Trance music remix was produced with 130 beats per minutes, making it sound fast and rave, taking its listeners right back to the 90’s. The track has a vicious beat, fast repetitive drum sequence, three keyboard layers and repetitive vocals, building up moments performed by synth beats and later the track breakdowns to a culmination of electronic elements, this sequence last as long and the vocals repeats again. At the end, the track builds down to a slower and simpler version of its melodies, but still fast tempo suddenly vanishing and finishing its hardcore melodies.
Despite Drake is a member of Groove In Downtown, he used his mISTER_b name to make his own remix of the single, but he was helped by Trio of producers called ‘ElectroLightz. The dubstep remix track begins with a building up sequence of drum and synth beats adding the first verse vocals, this building up culminates to one single and longer bass drop commonly appearing in dubstep tracks. Then there’s a midsection almost equal to the first part melodies of the track, but it received additional turntable elements, it is quite short and later the track once again incorporates a second bass drop. During the first bass drop ‘Nate Alexander’ rap is performed. Towards its end the bass drops disappears progressively giving space to a piano melody way more clean than the trashy bass and drums of the track.
The last track is an acoustic re-edition of the original performed by Nate Alexander. It has acoustic guitar and clapping, some keyboards notes and an elaborate vocal performance by its singer. Nate does not rap in this version despite he sings the original lines of his rap, he performed it as if it was another melodic verse of the track. The new garb the music receives is more appealing to what Nate Alexander is as an artist, it also sounds a little hopeless, crucial to its existential crisis theme.
This EP anticipates the self-tittle album expected to be released in January or February of 2015. Groove In Downtown are also going to tour next year as mentioned recently by Drake in a radio interview, the tour is expected to be mainly in night clubs, but Drake also hopes to be filling some arenas as their popularity grows when their album is released. There’s a second single expected to be out before the album is released.

Can I Exist Dreaming Remix
Genre: Deep House
Length:6:43'
Produced by: The Wolverines

Can I Exist Rave Remix
Genre: Trance
Length:5:48'
Produced by: The Vibrator

Can I Exist ‘The Wobbler’ Remix
Genre: DubStep
Length:5:48'
Produced by: mISTER_b & ElectroLightz

Can I Exist Acoustic
Genre: Acoustic
Length:3:59'
Produced by: Nate Alexander

Edited by user 18 December 2014 04:00:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 16/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#13 Posted : 16 December 2014 01:09:04(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
KIDD: Shit man, not I have to get all of remixes cause those thing are hotttt. Like damn you guys went and killed the original then on the remixes to bury them 12 feet under, so no body could make it better. Great job,

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 16/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 16 December 2014 03:43:05(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
KIDD: Shit man, not I have to get all of remixes cause those thing are hotttt. Like damn you guys went and killed the original then on the remixes to bury them 12 feet under, so no body could make it better. Great job,

Drake: Thanks Kidd, can't wait for people to listen our collabo, I'm so proud of this music and so glad that you took part on it as well.

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 16/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 22 December 2014 21:44:47(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Can I exist
Groove in Downtown
Album: Groove in Downtown
Directed by: Emily Kai Bock
Studio 60

On the other side of the street there’s a cafeteria while traffic of cars rotating on the street block the vision, even though viewers can recognize Drake and Nate entering the cafeteria. The camera follow their steps getting closer the place they just came in, inside they order two coffees and choose a table near a glass window. As they drink their coffee quietly, they don’t speak anything until Nate looks to the other side of the street, the same side where the camera was before and viewers could saw both dudes entering the cafeteria. Drake looks to the other side as well and its revealed a white wall with a boy painted on it, it’s graffiti but it looks so real, they keep on looking to it as the song starts to play, the same time the cameras pass through the glass and closes the scene on this painting in the wall. Suddenly as the song begins the boys starts to walk as if he was a real boy, but he is just a painting.

UserPostedImage

During his walk, the landscape which comes to be downtown circles him around, even though this boy is just painting on the wall, all the actions that happens on the real life reflects on his painting. As the song is on its first verse, the boy is just walking as if he was admiring the views, than a car passes fast on the street and a lady lets her bag fall on the ground, the boy grabs the bag for this young lady and it’s surreal how they could interact even though this boys is still a painting on the wall. As he walks through the walls, he experience different locations, he started out his journey in a white wall, but he goes to multiple styles of walls, some made of concrete, other made of woods and some made of steel.
Another cool interaction that happens between the real world and the “painting world, is that a car passes fast by a puddle wetting the wall and the boy who was just walking by that certain moment, other curiosity is the expressions this boys has through his walking, he smiles and gets angry and feels complacent as well, there’s another moment where he passes by a beggar and he drops a penny on this beggar’s hat. During his walking he also passes to certain walls that represent institutions we see on big cities. The first one being a church, where he climbs the cross of the church and then jumps off it to keep his walking, another one is a store that sells televisions, he is reflected by these TVs that are displayed for sale. He also passes through a kindergarten, where he finds a variety of painting for children and all of them gains life as he is on it, he stays for a bit of seconds to play with those paintings but as soon as he leaves that wall the paintings go back to its static position.
Other interactions are with object stuck on the walls that this boy is passing, there’s a bicycle tight up on the wall in a moment and so he take it and for a brief moment he takes it for a ride and it turns into a painting just like him, as soon as he leaves it the bicycle comes to the real world once again. There’s also some posters in one wall where he can be at each one as if he was part of those advertisings, it is quite fun for him. The walking of this boy simulates several underlines interpretations the song has but the most brilliant aspect of this video is that it shows a kid playing with the landscape of this metropolis as if everything was this boy’s playground. As the song reaches the end, we realize that this boy took a circle ride, so he’s back to the first wall where he left in the first scene of the video. The camera goes back to show Drake and Nate in the cafeteria as they stare the “boy painting on the wall”, but it turns out that boy was not a painting, as soon as the traffic signal turned red and the cars stop in the crossing line, that little boy turned into a real boy and head to the cars to sell candy in order to get money for something that’s not specific. This scene reveals the intention of the video in portraying the life of poor kids living in big cities, using metaphors for that big place being just a playground to them while it is their work.

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 23/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/12/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 30 December 2014 22:04:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

The last months of the year were also the most important ones for Groove In Downtown. The reception for the first single was so amazing that the duo were able to book some dates for the next year, expect a lot of work for this two young dudes when they’ll hit the road in an North American Promo Tour and also let’s not forget to mention the release date of the awaited debut album plus the second single of the project which was already chosen and featured one of the most brilliant hip hop artists of the recent years.
For the time being, we’re not able yet to give you the tour dates, but they’ll be revealed as soon as possible, but mark in your calendars January 10th as the release date of the single “Without a Cause” featuring Kidd Amaze, the second track taken off the self-tittle debut album is going to impact radio stations and stream markets in the beginning of the year preceding in two weeks the release of the album, that’s right folks, the album comes out January 24th.
For now, Groove In Downtown wishes you all a wonderful 2015 in hopes you’ll be able to watch them live very soon. Take a look on the artwork of the upcoming single and get excited!

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 30/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 13 January 2015 22:58:04(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Without a Cause
Released: January 13th
Format: Digital, Streaming, Airplay
Recorded: December 2013
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Trip Hop, Electronic
Length: 3:52
Label: Studio60
Writer(s): Kidd Amaze, Drake Anton Zaslavsky, Nate Alexander, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): Groove in Downtown, Kidd Amaze

The second single of the upcoming album by Groove In Downtown is called ‘Without a Cause’ unlike the song ‘Can I Exist’ this one works properly as a social criticism in form of a political rap discussing the social conditions most of people live in the planet. The lack of human rights such as education, food, infant and specially this last one, which is the most evident critic of the song, because of the children choir accompanying Nate Alexander’s second verse.
Nate Alexander sing in falsettos, he also added a variety of backing vocals in different keys of the main falsetto vocals that he sings, this also introduces the children choir coming right after in the second verse / chorus of the track. The song is also a fusion of several elements but its main influence by far is hip hop. Kidd Amaze participated in the writing of this song and the production of it as well, his rap takes the most part of the 3 minutes and 52 seconds of the track. He sounds ferocious and raspy while singing it, and clearly, he is including his own rough start in the music business as a subject for his rap, but he fuses it with a wider social critic adding the right mood for the track.
Even though the lyrics might be bitter, the melodies are sweet and groovy. The instrumentation is fun and funk and sometimes atmospheric it contrasts directly with the lyrics, while its listeners won’t pay attention at the critic of the track, they’ll probably listen the track more than one time, because it can put you to dance. The guys knew what they were doing while creating Groove In Downtown, with instrumentations like this they’ll easily play on radio stations like they did with their firsts ingle peaking number 3 on airplay charts. The message of the lyrics will atomically dominate people’s mind due to the time these songs are going to be on repeat in dance clubs, radio or streaming websites.
The opening is funky, it was reported to be produced by Kidd Amaze. After the opening, we get a dance funk tune with some atmospheric synths. A set of strings played throughout the song in some strategic times, add a classic style to it. The vocals were very well produced, Nate and his four singing tones plus the children choir and later Kidd and his raw rapping were arranged in a way to follow a progressive tempo, even though the funky beats are the main body of the whole piece.
The track will be available with the pre-order of the upcoming album, but it will also be available to download as a single. Groove in Downtown the album comes out January 24th, Drake already told in a recent interview that they plan to tour, expecting to be on North American and Europe summer. The album set list will drop online this Friday.

Lyrics

No one likes to be called dumb
But everyone seems to act like one
Primary rights aren’t yours anymore
The world is lost
Yet no one knows
That we live without a cause
We live without a cause

No one likes to be called a dumb
Still everyone seems to act like one
Human rights are gone
The fate of poor ones
No one seems to know
But we live without a cause
We live without a cause

[Kidd Amaze]
People tend to look at me and try to categorize
Look at myself and my envoirment to analyze
I’m African American, so I’m a rapper or a baller
And with glasses on I must have been a scholar
Really all this couldn’t be more father, from your truth seek
You couldn’t look and tell but I am rather meek
And as I child I had trouble finding words to speak
Yet, here I am not in that box you tried to fit me in
Sadly I overcame all the adversity to their chagrin
Wonder why I would be so bold to stand as an equal
Did you ever think if being “free” could be lethal?
Ever wonder why, cause all this needed was a spark
Remember what happen in Saigon and took it to heart
Belief that something will get better if you just reach
Might have made a difference if you went and teach
Look at me, do you think that I’m a pacifist
Like the people before trying to be the catalyst
The Parks, the Anthony, the Gandhi?
Rushmore of Peace, you think that’s where you find me?
Realistically, I just looking for the golden rule
Ability to see what others see and use as fuel
Powerful enough to stop a tank in its tracks
Be able to lift everyone in places where they lack
I’m just talking crazy, I know the insanity
The fact that can I still believe in humanity
So, what going to happen we all want to know the endgame
Know if we rose from the ashes or down in a ball of flame
I don’t know the answer but every day is process
Try to make it easier for the kids coming after it a mod set
A patch that could grow into something astronomical
To be old with the childlike wonder of anything possible

No one seems to know
We live without a cause

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 16/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/01/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 18/01/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 19/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#18 Posted : 18 January 2015 03:09:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
QueenAlexis: Bravo! THIS is what I am talking about. Finally something that is an intelligent and worth listening to just based off of the message but the performance of all of you as one collective team ace. Great record. Already one of my favorites this year and I.....the queen...barely ever says that. Consider this record a top contender. Its also really good to see Kidd Amaze branching out.

OOC: I love this. Great work guys :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/01/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#19 Posted : 18 January 2015 03:26:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: Great job again, men! Even as somebody who doesn't normally listen to rap music, even I love this. The first part is so fun to dance to, and then Kidd Amaze's part is extremely well-written and well-performed. You guys may make a hip hop fan out of me yet. :) Again, wonderful job.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/01/2015(UTC)
#20 Posted : 19 January 2015 14:12:20(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lexi: It was already great when the two of you teamed up and now you've gone and added Kidd Amaze on a song with you and kicked things up a notch. I'm so excited to see what you do next. Keep the good music coming! :)

Andre Gandra on 19/01/2015(UTC)