logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2015 11:12:05(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Here With Me
Length: 2.57
Label: FREEDOM
Genre(s): Pop, Soul
Written By: Jacob Estrada
Produced By: Bob Rock, Dave Foster, Jacob Estrada
SOUNDS LIKE: Sam Smith - Stay With Me

'Here With Me' is the new single by American singer-songwriter Adam Black and serves as the forth single from his debut album 'Memories'. 'Here With Me' is a song that is based around the love for someone and them not wanting to be let go of by a loved one, the song is one of only two tracks on the album that was not written by either Adam or his younger brother Elyar, instead this track aas written by Jacob Estrada who wrote the song and then let Adam hear it and then Adam recorded the song, the credit for production much with the rest of this goes to Bob Rock and Dave Foster, who both worked as producer on the entirety of the album and both understood Adam's vision for the album, Jacob Estrada also contributed to the production side of the song also as well as writing the song, the song is also one of Adam's favourites on the album, especially his favourite that he didn't write.

The song starts with Adam singing the opening verse begin a piano feeled beat, Adam sings with a soft and light voice to emphasis the feeling of the song as he is the the beat behind him is changing slowly as he progresses further into the verse with a drum beat coming in towards the middle, the beat then speeds up slightly as Adam sings the first chorus again with a soft and light tone but with a bit more power in his vocals to get across what he is trying to say, as his finishes singing the chorus the beat changes back to just the piano beat as Adam begins to sing the second verse, instead of the soft and light tone to his voice for the second verse Adam sings in a powerful almost forceful tone this is again to emphasis what the lyrics say, as he continues to sing the second verse again as he is singing the beat behind him is changing and once again towards the middle the drum beat comes in, after Adam finishs the second verse he begins to sing the second chorus again with a soft and light tone but backed with a slightly powerful tone Adam almost towards the end of this chorus sings it in falsetto showing off his vocal range, after he finishes the second chorus the beat then changes once again to just the piano beat as Adam begins to sing the third verse of the song some count this verse as a bridge section as it's shorter than the other verses, as Adam is singing the third verse in falsetto once again the beat behind him is changing but this time no drum beat can be heard instead the piano beat changes it arrangement slightly, as the third verse comes to an end there is then a bridge section again were Adam shows off his vocal range with his now signature rifts and trills all sung in falsetto and in a light and breezy tone, after this there is yet another bridge section but Adam sings this bridge in a regular key but changes key towards the end to once again perform some vocal rifts, after the second bridge the beat changes again to the piano beat along with the drum beat as Adam sings the chorus for a final time again singing with a powerful and forceful tone to his voice but again also towards the end goes into a higer falsetto key as the song comes to an end after a five second outro.

'Here With Me' received generally positive reviews from music critics. Amy Davidson from Digital Spy called the song an "emotional crescendo" and said the chorus was "slightly over-sentimental" and felt that his "husky voice" made poor Adam left in "defeat by fleeting love". She gave the song four out of five stars overall. Joe Gross from Rolling Stone gave the song a mixed review, awarding it three of five stars overall. Isabel Pearson of Nouse gave the song a positive review during her album review, calling the song a "euphoric, slow building love-song that’s raw and undeniably one of the best tracks on his hit debut album". Sarah Milton of The Upcoming lauded the song, calling it "electrifying with its blunt honesty and exquisite sexy gospel feel and influence

In April 2015, shortly after the tracks apprerance on his album, Billboard listed "Here With Me' as the bsst track on tge album, saying that the song is "a fragile ballad that finds its backbone when a gospel choir assists the American singer on the harrowing chorus." Variance Magazine named the song its 2015 Song of Summer. Matt Collar of Allmusic gave the song four out of five stars and commended the song for being Adam's "most heartfelt and touching single yet", adding that it is also "his saddest and emotional release as a single yet". Gary Graff of Billboard commended the songs's "emotional touch", ". Graff concluded the review, writing "Here With Me is another step in Adam's creation of his own personal kind of rehab, and there's nothing necessarily bad about that."

Stephen Holden of The New York Times complimented Adam for being "appreciative of the past but not reverential" and also noted that "he brings a whole new meaning to emotional love somgs. Holden concluded the review by saying.One for me that stands out about this track is the fact that it's one of the most calming tracks out right now, it could accidentally send you to sleep though it is that easy on the ears". Peter Goddard of the Toronto Star wrote that the song is "Sure not about making any musical breakthroughs". AW for the Shields Gazette called the song music formulated for maximum enjoyment, watered down with love, and, as such, playing on emotion".

At The Vancouver Sun, Francois Marchand called the song "exactly what it should be: A middle-of-the-road jazz-pop crooner record that sparkles in your ears like a million little fizzy sugar-pop bubbles and is just cookie-cutter enough to please the masses." Virgin Media's Matthew Horton told that "the majority of Here With Me boils down to a soulful love song with a twist", and "that's just the way it goes. You don't come to Adam for post-dubstep glitch experiments. You come for the polar opposite, delivered with style and elegance."

Lyrics

Look at you doing fine well I'm a mess
Memories of you in this house everywhere
I turn and I just can't get your image out of my head
Why did you have to go would you please come back?

I need you here with me you're the air I breathe
What was love is just memories I need you here with me

This doesn't feel right at all I'm losing my mind need
To get control when I hear your name you don't know how
Bad it hurts the only thing in my head is your last words

oooh oh oh ohh oh oh oh

SOUNDS LIKE:

Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2015 20:43:56(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: I love the lyrics, so emotional and man your falsetto is amazing!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 02 June 2015 22:27:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
JohnnyCarter: I love the lyrics, so emotional and man your falsetto is amazing!

Adam: Aww thanks Johnny :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 02/06/2015(UTC)