logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 12 June 2015 09:28:22(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"Many people think they already have Deneil Tauqir Khan figured. They see a well dressed and groomed guy with a handsome face and a relation to one of the biggest pop stars on Earth. Deneil must be another one of commercial music's pretty boys then, right? Well you couldn't be further from the truth. He may photograph well and have many connections in the industry today but life hasn't always been all roses for the 20-year-old Londoner and he's definitely more than just a set of abs and a pearly white smile. "Ferocious", "witty", "razor sharp" and "biting" are words commonly used when describing Deneil's music and delving into his past, you'll soon understand where he receives this jagged edge and his brutally honest deliveries from."

"Born on a large, underprivileged council estate in Shoreditch, Hackney, Deneil was exposed to harsh nature of London's East End from an extremely young age. Crime was rampant all over the area in which he and elder siblings; Bilal (Billy), Faiza and Sayyid walked through daily with parents Joanne and Hedar. Muggings, knife crime, looting, vandalism and race crimes were all a regular occurrence and the Khan family, especially Deneil and his elder brother [Billy], fell into a lot of hot water as the years went by. He was only three years old when his parents split and he found himself in care but by then, Deneil had already witnessed many mentally scarring scenarios in and out of the family home. While his eldest siblings went off to live with an aunt over in Pakistan, Billy and Deneil grew up on the foster care system and became as thick as thieves. The "Terrible Two" caused havoc during their time in the care home and as they grew older, when curfews finally received an extension, the abrasive brothers often found themselves in scuffles with other violent young teens on the streets of Hackney and even took on a few gang members in their time despite barely being in their double-figured ages."

"The Khan brothers had different interests at heart though. Billy wanted to take on absolutely anyone that stood in his road and wanted to become feared by local gangs. Deneil, however, set out to make people quiver with his music. He certainly never needed to raise a hand. He generated a little buzz by freestyling at local events. Deneil has always been clever with his words and didn't beat around the bush when it came to getting something off his chest. Growing up listening to Grime and Bashment music, two VERY popular home grown genres, doing double time on verses came as second nature to him and studying the genre as intensely as Deneil did, he certainly knew a good beat when he heard one. He performed at underground raves, illegally, of course and started making waves around Shoreditch. A well turned out mixed race schoolboy absolutely destroying and humiliating local legends off the cuff? Unheard of. News spread fast but the awe didn't last for long. A culture in itself and a relatively new one at that, everyone keeps it close to their hearts and there is a well respected pecking order. The pioneers and greats are still around today as grime only emerged at the turn of the millennium. Deneil was unconventional and many believed he was trying to muscle in on a scene and style of life that he just thought was cool and some found him rather insulting, even though that was never the case. Khan grew up on the same harsh streets, listened to the same pirate radio stations and endured enough in his life to put his story into bar after bar but, threatened, a lot of the local community reacted negatively towards his arrival and continuous rise. Challenging him to battle after battle, trying to knock him off his stride, local MCs wanted to crush Deneil once and for all but like all of the Khan family, he just kept on coming back more resilient and ready than ever."

"Deneil eventually won a lot of people over and is now hailed as a "local legend" as well as being a role model for a lot of the Asian community living in England and the UK as a whole. There are always going to be haters and some just don't want to admit that the youngster has a true gift. That won't stop Deneil though. He loves the music he makes, he has a LOT to say and more importantly, he is a KHAN. He won't be going anywhere and certainly not quietly."

- Joe Walker, RWD Magazine

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 18 January 2017 11:28:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 12/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 12/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 12/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2015 06:53:07(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Spent a good minute on the underground, finally Brits getting credit
The only way I'm heading from here is North, feeling a bit light headed
Others trying to succeed are sliding down southbound, man just quit it
I'm all over, in every corner, like Nutella, gonna keep on spreadin'
Didn't wanna know me before, now you're coming around here beggin'
"What you up to?", "What you think about this?", "Tell me who you're wearing!"
Heard my song on the radio now the whole world wants to poke their nose in
This ain't no reality TV shit, no cameras, let your boy do his own thing
Guess I can't complain too much, my flow is what brought on all this attention
Now all eyes are on me and I'm on lock down, feels like I got some death sentence
Could be worse, struggling MCs still on their knees and it ain't for repentance
They even spit it out, can't handle anything and these fools want to be famous?
I spit the truth out in my bars, killing men from state to state, no weapons
When I come for you, know there'll be a funeral like your mum had four weddings
You can look to me but I ain't taking you in, ride solo, don't need an apprentice
Too much baggage, I'm not carrying no one, gotta go fire up this next session
More than worldwide, so ahead of time, this girl claims I'm her future ex-husband
Not Meghan Trainor but she still got bass, even though it's all a bit disturbing
Can't stop to take it all in, flies over my head like it does with Christopher Hudson
Only focusing on eating that beat like my breakfast, first thing in the morning
I do it for the fam, do it for the fans, love em so much I put them in my verses
I'm not asking for your money, just turn it up and listen, put away your purses
Why charge for this shit when half of London still seem to think I'm worthless?
No longer beggin' with my hand out, that's why I deliver freestyles for the purpose
Listen to me run my mouth for free, won't hold back, yeah I'm totally shameless
Fuck your synths, give me a clap and a kick, all I need to tear up the place
Foul-mouthed, short-tempered but I'm clever with my words, my only saving grace
Educated on the life and music, listen to my lessons if you really want to graduate
On second thought, leave it out, you're a bit too slow buddy, even for Dakota State

UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 13/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 13/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 13/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/06/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2015 09:41:30(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dakota: UserPostedImage

OOC: Oh my god even I'm at home fangirling over this. I've just inspired one of the best freestyles I've ever seen on this forum, oh yes I have LOL I'm gonna need you to scrap the EP and just go ahead and release the album, you cant deprive the forum of all this good music, it's wrong.

Edited by user 13 June 2015 12:01:40(UTC)  | Reason: stupid typos

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 06 October 2015 07:58:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Guys, I'm fucking ecstatic to be typing this out right now. I can't quite believe that after years in the underground UK Grime scene, rap battles against crews who had more criminal records between them than they had teeth, making my own mixtapes on the cheapest, shittiest software and using LimeWire to download some inspiration, my debut album will finally be released in November. I promised the "E2 EP" back in Spring but you lot stated you'd rather have an album so...here you go! Not going to give you a specific release date just yet because I like to keep you guessing. Pre-orders will be going up in a couple of weeks though and you'll find out more information then. The album will contain 11 tracks but if you download specifically from iTunes, I've thrown in two little extras for you. The tracklisting is below and thank you again for all the support. Buying the album or have any questions? Tweet me (@DeneilKhan) along with #DeneilE2.

1. Kill 'Em With It
2. Step It Up
3. Khandon
4. Wake Up
5. Lukewarm
6. Work
7. Born And Dragged
8. Telephone Line
9. I Begin To Wonder
10. No Regrets
11. Good Thing Going [Luke Striker feat. Deneil & Drew Westbrook]*
12. #Dakota [Freestyle]**
13. Living For The Weekend Pt II (ft. Billy)**

*Bonus Track
**iTunes Only Bonus Track
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/10/2015(UTC), kandii on 06/10/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 06/10/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 06/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 06/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/10/2015(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 06/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC)