logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2015 08:51:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Booker: I'm Booker and this is Jennifer Armstrong, ladies and gentleman!

UserPostedImage

Jennifer: Ah, good morning, thank you. (Laughs)

Booker: You look lovely this morning, seeing a glow going on over there? Love what you've done with your hair. It's so pink now.

Jennifer: Thank you and you just might! I'm just excited for this single and to be here and everything, you know? So, thank you. (Laughs) Anyone who knows me knows that I love messing with my hair so I dyed it like blue and now pink, probably gonna go with purple in a few months, who knows? I just love the bright colors.

Booker: Before we even get into your new single, let's talk about what you've been up to these past few months. We know that you've been recording your new album, how is that going?

Jennifer: It's going great. I would say the album is about 75% done, still a lot of technical things that have to be done and I'm still writing, rearranging, all that good stuff. I've honestly changed the album so much because I've gotten inspired by so many different things while recording this album and I wanted to capture all of it. What started out as s strictly rock record turned into a Pop record and then a balance of Pop and Rock. I guess from my previous albums, I wanted it to be more centered and not all over the place. Mind you, there are a few EDM tracks on the album but not very many. I tried some new sounds and they just happened to work very well.

Booker: How would you describe the album as a whole?

Jennifer: It's got a lot of attitude, just like me! (Laughs) It's just much different from my last album because it's a lot more positive and upbeat, fun, a lot of great messages and themes. It's got a lot of P!nk influence, because she's such a badass and I love her. I've been working on the album for about a year now so I'm proud of where it is right now. There's some great anthems, some great fun songs, of course a few love songs. It's where my head has been at for the past 2 years and it's just refreshing to really get away from all the negative stuff and be happy and have fun with my music.

Booker: Can't wait to hear it as I know the other Strongsters can't as well.

Jennifer: I know! I can't wait to play it so they can hear it. I know they'll love it and be proud.

Booker: Let's talk about your current collaboration with Dominic Brown, which just happens to be one of our most requested songs on the station-

Jennifer: Wow, that's awesome, go Strongsters!

Booker: It's a great song, I love it and the fans do too. You and Dominic are very diverse in sounds. How did you manage to get together and get a track like this together?

Jennifer: Well, he's a good friend of mine and he approached me about working together on a song. I agreed and we tried to come up with a way that wouldn't really stray away from either of our sounds. It's kind of minimalistic in sounding but it makes up for it in the lyrics and the singing. And I loved that we were singing together because most collaborations are just 'here's your verse, here's my verse and never the two shall meet!' but we were actually singing together and you can't have one singing higher than the other or louder or it kills it. So we had to really work together.

Booker: Are there any collaborations from the album that we can expect?

UserPostedImage

Jennifer: Hmmm, I think I'll keep it a surprise but there might be a few. I'm very selective of who I pick to be on a song with me so....you never know. I will say I have this amazing song with Juneau on the album that I love and I think my fans will love as well.

Booker: Juneau, really? That sounds like an amazing collab. How did that come to happen?

Jennifer: Honestly, it was one of those things where we talked and exchanged a few emails and it just happened. I just really wanted to do a song with them and it ended up on my album.

Booker: Folks, you heard it here first, a Jennifer and Juneau collab coming up! Now are you selective about what type of music you listen to?

Jennifer: I literally will listen to almost anything. Like anyone, anything, I listen to it. I give everything a try and then go off of that.

Booker: So what's your favorite song out right now?

Jennifer: That's tough. I'm still really stuck on GirlSpice's new album. I feel like that was a great Pop album that did not get the recognition it deserved. I mean these ladies are still kicking ass and it's been years. It's really hard to do that. And I probably know all the words to all the Mi Mi songs, I love them. I gave Johnny Carter a listen and he makes some nice tunes so I like some of his stuff. I'm really listening to a lot of Juneau lately and the album is old now (Laughs) But I really love them as a band and as artists, definitely my favorite band out right now.

Booker: Great mix of music right there. Okay, let's get into your new single that you are debuting on here, this morning, almost exactly at this minute! Give us some details about the track, introduce it for us.

Jennifer: The song is called 'For You' and it was written months ago, waaaaay back (Giggles) But it's for the "Obession" soundtrack which is the new series on Netflix. I was approached to be a part of it, as were a few others like Izzy by the way her track was awesome as well, and I'm glad that I did it. It's a really nice song, nothing too crazy, yet, but it's basically about a love that's obsessive. You know, it's like I'm saying, 'I love you so much, I'm doing all of this for you' some really crazy kind of love there. (Laughs) But I wrote it alongside Sunny Monroe and it was produced by The Wildcats, who are insanely good. I adore them so much. It's a dance-pop track with some great production and I just really fell in love with the song. I hope everyone loves it as much as I do and....this is "For You."

(Song plays)

Booker: That was the latest from Jennifer Armstrong called 'For You' and you can go and download it off of itunes right now. We want to thank Jennifer for coming in and being such a wonderful guest.

Jennifer: Thank you for having me, I love you guys!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 08/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/07/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 08/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 08/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 09/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/07/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2015 09:05:31(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Coke: Ugh I literally can't wait for that Juneau collaboration! I'm so ready to see you get back to your rock roots, everyone's so used to that pop side of you. I know you're going to balance it out just right on this next album, I'm too excited for this. Remember, if you ever need a no1curr like me on your album, you know I am available right? Discounts and all, I just want to get you in the studio (and listen to this whole damn project exclusively) lol!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/07/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2015 04:41:21(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Wonderful the queen of versatility is back to take over my life and the charts again let me go cry in my room while replaying this song for years bYE
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2015 05:06:25(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: Hold up... Jennifer Armstrong knows me? and she likes my stuff? I'm in heaven. I love your new song!! They'll probably get a thousand calls requesting "For You"!!! It'll be me :P
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2015(UTC)