logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 14 July 2015 03:54:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hollywood born Italian-American singer-songwriter, presenter, actor, model and Onesie enthusiast. Proud to be 1/4 of THE STAT NERDS and member of the CBB family! Currently signed to Studio 60 Records and working hard on my debut solo album, due out in early 2016! Tucked away most of the time in the studio with some seriously talented musicians making the sweetest sounds :P Excited for my new journey and hope you'll all tag along with me!!

Followers | 203K
Following | 27
Tracks | 1

UserPostedImage
Artist: Christopher Hudson
Title: Okay
Length: 3:58
Genres: Indie Pop
Written By: Christopher Hudson
Produced By: Katie Merjos
Label: Studio 60 Records
Format: Free Download / Streaming

"This song is about a man who constantly cheats on his girlfriend. He stays out all night, ends up in strange places and gets his kicks while she sits at home worrying if he's dead or alive. In the song I ask, "are you going to be okay?" and that sort of ties in with the idea that the man is lying to himself and trying to make himself feel less guilty. He holds his hands up to being a liar and because he's slightly worried about his girlfriend, that apparently makes it better somehow. Like..."Hey, I'm a cheat but I know I am and I know it's wrong so I'm not really such a bad guy". Coming out with a song like that and it being the first thing people hear from you, you don't want them getting the wrong idea. When Meghan Trainor came out with All About That Bass, she became "the big girl" and her album has much more to it than that. When Weekend released Everything About You, people pigeon holed them for a long time and thought that they can only do upbeat "na na na" type songs and again, there's more to them than that. I didn't want to give off this sleazy image and seem like yet another male artist who doesn't appreciate women. I'm a storyteller and I like to write about many different things and also from different perspectives. There are loads of songs out there about getting revenge on exes and flipping them the bird so I wanted to do it from the cheater's point of view. Not that I'll ever side with them but I just wanted to do something different. It's one of my favourite songs on the record and I think it's down to the melody and how simple yet catchy it is. I worked with Katie Merjos on the song who I've been a huge fan of since she first broke out way back when. It was such an honor to work with her. I am truly lucky to have someone like Katie believe in my project and willingly take time out of her busy life to meet with me and really delve into all the work ad devise such big and in depth plans. Katie certainly knows her craft and I think that's why she's so respected. She's not just lucky enough to be talented. She lives and breathes music, really listens and makes sure she educates herself in order to understand what it is she's doing. Katie was able to keep the rawness of the lyrical content intact while being able to make it a lot easier on the ears. She was also the one that twisted my arm and gave me that push to go ahead and finally upload this. I'm hoping that it will catch the attention of many people and get them excited for my first official release. There's a lot more to me than meets the eye. While I love being 1/4 of The Stat Nerds and jumping around on TV in animal onesies, I AM a musician, a performer, an artist and I want to showcase that. I'm so grateful for all of these amazing new opportunities that are coming my way this year but I just want to remind people that this is what I do best. I do think that this was the right choice for my first ever upload as a solo act because it's been stuck in my head for months, it gives me room to explore my vocal abilities, I've showcased my writing style and how I like to take a different perspective and the dark indie rock undertone mixed in with that experimental, dreamy and electro pop sound really demonstrates the sound I'm going for and what I love most. I hope you all enjoy Okay as much as I do. Much love! xx"

I don't even know why you still hang around
I only bring a whole lot of trouble to your door
There's no denying that I only bring you down
God only knows that you deserve so much more
I'm scum, simple as that, no need to sugar coat
Picking up my shirt from yet another girl's floor

I know that this isn't right and there has to be a change
You're still on my mind but it's so hard, I get carried away
Deep in the dark I lose control and you're none the wiser
You trust me to go out alone when in fact I'm a dirty liar

Are you going to be okay?
Wondering whether I'm dead or alive
Pacing back and forth, staying up all night
It's gone three and I'm out having the time of my life
No need to ask questions, my phone just died
Close the door on the world and switch my conscience off
I don't need more guilt, I already hate myself enough

Empty bottles and clothing lay scattered
At least my aftershave covers up her scent
In the morning I'll act like nothing had happened
A loan to a friend explains all the money I spent
As if covering up tracks is all that really matters
When a girl's crying her eyes out, wondering where I went

Where I lay my head, that's my home for the night
Across the city, she holds on to her pillow tight
I really should stop but it's just so hard to fight

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 11 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 14/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/07/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 14/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 14/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 14/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 14/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2015 04:05:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: this pretty much sums up the experience I had. You are doing something terrible to someone you still love . sometimes people who cheat aren't laughing about pulling something over on someone. Its a struggle. If it isn't? well you are truly a bad person. Such a great song,Chris. ...and pull your damned pants up! I don't wanna see that.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2015 13:06:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: Television and now trying to blow everyone out of the water with a single? A bit of an overachiever aren't we? :P But I like this song, it actually reminds me of my single, "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" but like a more up to date and catchier version hahaha. I never knew you were interested in a solo career, I'm definitely going to be checking you out more. Your music, not you :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/07/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2015 01:34:37(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Nichole: "I don't need more guilt, I already hate myself enough" is really the line that pulls this whole song together. It's a fantastic song, and very mellow - which was not what I expected from a boy band member like you, but I guess I'm with the rest of society that tried to pigeon hold you into the upbeat "na na na" type of songs. ;) Really really fantastic job, though. This indie pop sound works very well for you, and I think we need more of it, so I hope you keep making music like this.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 19 July 2015 07:36:50(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Papi♡ I love how you are asking me if I'm going to be okay because HELL NO I'M NOT AFTER THIS MASTERPIECE. I never was a huge fan of the stat nerds but you might change that! My body is shaking right now omg.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 19/07/2015(UTC)