logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Atonic Records  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2015 15:43:29(UTC)
Atonic Records

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

C.M.B.D is a four-member South Korean girl group formed by Warner Music Group in 2015, the band consists of Chaelin, Minzy, Bom, and Daraxi. The name of the group was made by putting the first letter of each members name and putting a letter divider between them. - C.M.B.D was first mentioned by South Korean press in late 2014. Warner Music formally announced in early 2015 that the group would consist of four members and debut sometime in August or September of that year. The company stated that the group had trained for four years, and that their debut compilation album would contain solo songs by each member and a few group songs in total. Each band member is allowed to pursue the music genre they prefer to sing, they are also allowed to work with any world class producers they like. The label only gave them one rule to follow when they go around the world working on their solo music, to not waist time. Time limits are placed on the group so each member can work hard to gather their favorable songs and plan singles/albums in time without any problems occurring. Individuality is promoted to the group so each member can shine on their own without being compared to another. The group is also a commercial fashion promoter, any member can be pursued by fashion brands to wear their clothes in Photo shoots and Music videos.

A "Who's next" promotion campaign has begun to allow fans to be surprised one who's debuting first, second, third and forth. We will also be learning about each member as they debut, stay tuned.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hometown: Seoul; South Korea
Instruments: Vocals & Piano
Current Single(s): "Forbidden Four"
Working With: Nic Nac, Timbaland, Sean Garrett, Diplo & Aiidan Davis

Bio: Chaelin was born in Seoul, South Korea, but traveled frequently with her family. Hence, she spent much of her youth in other countries including, Japan and France. Thus, Chaelin was exposed to a variety of cultures and languages throughout her youth. Chaelin became a Warner Music Trainee in late 2012, contributing back vocals to various K-pop/J-pop albums and officially part of the Warner Asia family in late 2014. She speaks a total of four languages such as Hangul, French, Japanese & English which she speaks fluently in all four. Chaelin grew up in a wealthy family since her father is a very well known international science teacher who is constantly traveling all over the world, to various top Universities. Due to her father moving around the world and taking his family with him at all times, she never grew up with real friends, just with acquaintance who she got to know but never form an actual friendship. Thus, Chaelin grew up very anti-social and sometimes wouldn't speak to no one in the various schools she went to, due to her knowing she would eventually never see them again because she would move. After a while her father moved back to teach at a university in Seoul, where she was originally from and stayed there for a good five years, the most time her family has ever stayed in one location. During her time in Seoul, she actually began to form actual friendships with many people and got interested in music. Chaelin was persuaded by a friend to try out for Warner Music Asia during a public try out held at the Seoul mall, she agreed and caught the eyes of many Warner representatives, she was later drafted into the Warner Trainee program and placed in a girl group named C.M.B.D .

UserPostedImage

Twitter: @chaelinCL
Instagram: @chaelinCL
Email: [email protected]

UserPostedImage

Hometown: Busan; South Korea
Instruments: Vocals & Violin
Working With: Aiidan Davis & Christian Fallon

Bio: Minzy was born in Busan, South Korea. She grew up in a middle class neighborhood and was the daughter of two well-known preachers in the area. Her family was very conservative and didn't allow her to talk to too many people since they feared they would influence un-christian like features to their daughter. Minzy was never exposed to too many things until her father and mother got divorced when she was seven, the divorce eventually broke the very conservative vibe of her family and young Minzy was slowly being exposed to the real world around her. At the age of 12 she joined her schools choir and became a very well known singer in her community. Minzy got a small job singing ballads of Celine Dion at weddings held at her father's church. Minzy fell in love with music more and more through the years and eventually wanted to become a pop star in south Korea. She tried out for many labels until one day she submitted a video of her signing to Warner and was called to a face-to-face audition at the labels HQ in Seoul. Minzy was drafted after one audition and began training for years, she was the longest trainee to last in the Warner Music Trainee program until she was placed in the girl group C.M.B.D.

UserPostedImage

Twitter: @MiniMouz
Instagram: @MiniMouz

UserPostedImage

Hometown: Busan; South Korea
Instruments: Vocals
Working With: Aiidan Davis, Christian Fallon

Bio: *Artist and publisher still arranging*

UserPostedImage

Twitter: @DaBom
Instagram: @BomBomBom

UserPostedImage

Hometown: Manila; Philippines
Instruments: Vocals, Guitar & Drums
Working With: Taylor Asbridge & Aiidan Davis

Bio: Daraxi was born in Manila, Philippines and grew up in Korea. When she was 10 years old, her family moved to Busan City, South Korea to start a trading business. Many of her family members mention Daraxi being a very musical child, she was always singing a song that was on the radio or one from Disney movies she watched. At a young age Daraxi had also started her acting career back in the Philippines after her grandmother entered her for a small role in a Filipino movie. She landed the role and was later picked up by a children's TV show. When she was 16 Daraxi flew back to Korea after her grandmother died and began to focus more on her school work. Daraxi then graduated early and was granted an educational visa to the United Kingdom to a University in London. She studied neurology for a couple of months, but a family issue back in Korea needed her financial assistance and work effort to support her family. She left the university and traveled back to Korea where she assisted her family and also got back into music once again, she was signed by Warner Music at age 19 and trained for four years. During those four years Daraxi's mother had passed away of natural causes. After coping with the lost, she was placed in one of the labels training girl groups named C.M.B.D and continued to train and as of today she has worked with many top of the line producers for her upcoming group compilation album.

UserPostedImage

Twitter: @Dar_ass
Instagram: @Daraxii

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

7/21/15 Debuted Website
7/22/15 1st Debuting member revealed
7/27/15 Daraxi debut Single "Diseased" released
8/03/15 First group performances at the FCA's
8/25/15 2nd Debuting member revealed
8/25/15 Chaelin announces Paper Magazine campaign cover/interview and single release date
9/1/15 Chaelin debut single "Where Did The Time Go?" released
10/15/15 3rd Debuting member revealed
10/16/15 Bom debut single "Warring Times" released
10/24/15 Chaelin & Bom perform at the annual "Fall Festival"
11/27/15 First group Fan Meet & Greet announced for North America & Asia
12/1/15 C.M.B.D begin their Fan Meet & Greet in South Korea
12/19/15 C.M.B.D Debut single "Forbidden Four" released
---
1/2/16 C.M.B.D Interview with "TEEN VOGUE"
1/3/16 C.M.B.D's Debut single "Forbidden Four" debuts at #1 on the Oricon and Gaon Charts!
2/16/16 C.M.B.D are handed their first certification plaque via RIAJ

UserPostedImage

Group Twitter: @CMBD_Ladies
Group Instagram: C.M.B.D
Group Email: [email protected]

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 11 December 2016 18:34:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 21/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 21/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 21/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2015 11:01:57(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

WELL HELLO PEOPLE! I'm Daraxi! A.K.A DAR ASS! get..it...no? okay .-.
Anyhow 0.0 I'M DEBUTING TODAY!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) I'm so excited for you guys to hear my single. I worked really hard on it and I cant believe the day is already here!! I can't wait to see you all soon and I'm really freaking grateful that you guys are already getting excited to hear MY music. My social media accounts have been posted as well so follow me so you can get the update on when the single drops today. *Awkward 7 seconds of her staring into the camera with a smile on her face* WELL BYE!

Edited by user 23 July 2015 11:04:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/07/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 23/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 23/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 23/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#3 Posted : 26 August 2015 10:42:40(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Hello Blackjacks, just wanted to stop by and say hello to our rising fan base and make sure you guys know my official bio is now up and all my new official social media account are posted as well. I'll be revealing something today to you guys on my instagram and twitter. ^.^ I hope you guys are excited of whats to come from the group and me...I'm working very hard for you guys because I genuinely love you all so dearly. *Chaelin then winks to the camera and awkwardly asks one of her assistants how to turn it off while she laughs at her lack of knowledge of new technology* I'll see you soon guys!
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 26/08/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 27/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2015 09:39:37(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

We are proud to announce that C.M.B.D will be going on their first Fan Meet & Greet Tour!

The first 16 dates are up, 8 in Asia and 8 in North America. The girls will be speaking about their upcoming debut album and will do an exclusive performance of their debut group single live! Autographs and Pictures will be available for everyone. The $25 Admission will cover everything inside the fan meet & greet including drinks, snacks, autographs, pictures ect.

A limited amount of 150-200 Tickets are sold for each Fan Meet & Greet so make sure to purchases them as soon as possible.
Depending on the size of the group, Fan Meet & Greets will be extended to 10-20 minutes more for each individual fan can have their pictures or autographs given to them personally. We want every fan to get their moneys worth, but patience will be the key for that to happen.
- C.M.B.D's Warner Music Team

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
kandii on 28/11/2015(UTC), erich hess on 28/11/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2015 15:16:13(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hello everyone. This is C.M.B.D writing as one, we have big news to share to you guys, our fans! We would like to officially announce our debut album "BROKEN" coming this January! We been wanting to announce the album publicly worldwide since we finished it and now we finally have the chance to do it. We cannot wait until you hear what we have for you guys in this album. If it wasn't for you guys believing in us we wouldn't have the chance to complete our album; so thank you for the support. We truly appreciate each and every one of you. A Pre-Order will be coming around this coming week so keep your eyes out for a public announcement about it. Once again, thank you. - C.M.B.D

Edited by user 10 January 2016 18:41:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 21/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 21/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2016 13:27:24(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Rising girl group "C.M.B.D" sits down with us today for their first major magazine interview. The girls will be asked about their music, background and will answer 4 questions individually after the group interview is over. For exclusive content go to our website, www.teenvogue.com .

Hello ladies, enjoying your time in LA?
chaelin: Well hello and of course! It's LA! Minzy: It's warm compared to how it is in Korea right now...do people not get tired of the same weather. (laughs) Daraxi: I don't think so Miz, people love the warm moderate weather all year long...no wonder why people come here so much Bom: I use to live here, so It feels great coming back.

What brings you all to LA?
Bom: We're working on our debut album and doing other promotional interviews around the city as well. Also Chaelin currently has a rented home here which we are all staying at... (Other girls looks towards Bom and shake their head in agreement)

What do you girls do while you are not at promotional events or in a studio?
Chaelin: Usually hanging out with my close friends or family...or flying to the UK to visit Riley sometimes. Bom: I usually go back to Korea and spend time with the family. Daraxi: I'm usually in New York actually! my girlfriend lives there and I go and spend as much time with her as I can. Minzy: ...My free time isn't that fun like the others (laughs) but I usually go to an art school in Seoul and try to finish some classes while I can. One of my many hobbies is making art.

Do your surroundings ever influence your music, LA's atmosphere is known to give influence to many artists music?
Minzy: It does, it could be a rainy day and all we want to do is work on slow songs since we can hear the drops of rain in the studio lobby. Chaelin: We also like to work on really upbeat songs if its a thunderstorm, the big roars of thunder give all of us a boost to want to make the best dance music we can. Bom: Cold weather is the only weather that really moves me...it causes me to want to be warm and calm...like a slow love song. (laughs) Daraxi: I think it's really beautiful how mother nature can influence everything...to your surroundings, mood and even the music you hear or make.

Describe the first time you heard your new single on the radio?
Bom: It felt really weird, like...we're always used to playing the unreleased material in the car..but at that moment it wasn't just us in the car hearing the song, it was thousands or millions of people hearing it too, I was moved when It happened. Minzy: You know that feeling when your present your project to a class of 20 people...its feels like that..but ten times worse since you don't know how people are reacting to it. Daraxi: But it is also a good feeling, we're sharing something we kept secret from the world to everyone now.

What can we expect from the coming album?
Daraxi: You can expect a lot of new sounds, don't let our first single fool you..we're going to be experimenting with a lot of blends of music. Chaelin: It's an album...to us an album is a musical blender that you can mix genres and get beautiful material from...or not sometimes. (laughs) Minzy: Just expect the unexpected...our producers are doing a great job at using that motto in the studio...they come up with beats and melodies that are just beautiful.

Talking about your first single, I see Medina was one of the writers. How was it working with her?
Bom: She was great to work with, she wrote or co-wrote every song on the album. We got to hear some of her new stuff and it's just amazing. Chaelin: Her first single from her album is one of my solo rejects, it was meant to be a collaboration with an artist, but things never rolled and the song just sat inside a file cabinet the whole time and I choose to give it back to her. She was really happy I did! (laughs)

Can you tell us about your relations with your current American label, Songs To Live And Die By?
Minzy: We have a great relationship with them, they always make sure we're treated well and give us so much support. Daraxi: Their one of the few labels who actually like to give their artist a say on everything and they always want to work side by side with us. They always make sure we have a say on everything...to producers to wardrobe and even basic staff around us. Chaelin: They do a great job at what they do.

How are your relations towards each other off stage?
Daraxi: We're like sisters off stage, we want to do everything together and we love having all nighters talking about random shit, it's just great. Chaelin: We have each others back on everything and we always give one another a phone call when we're not feeling well. Minzy: Of course their is time when we want to punch each other in the face (laughs) but what group doesn't tho...they would be legit robots if they didn't. Bom: ...I hate all you bitches! (laughs) just kidding.

C H A E L I N

So how's your love life, it's been in the media for sometime?
Chaelin: It's great, we don't get to see each other sometimes, but we do our best to have some intimate time with each other. I couldn't ask for anything better right now, it was a little rocky since we both wanted to go slow at first, and everyone knows taking it slow can lead to confusion since that term means many different things to people, but everything is good now, I'm enjoying it all, him..the relationship, every inch of it.

Who's your biggest influence?
Chaelin: My mother and grandmother...they both thought me how to be confident and to not rely on others compliments to feel better.

Who's your childhood hero?
Chaelin: Hmm, it would have to be Mickey mouse...or is it Disney? I don't know, but I love how they both make people dream. When I was younger they made me have a great imagination and they influence me to want to make people laugh, they always influence me to make people dream things they wouldn't imagine.

Fame or Money?
Chaelin: Fame, because money follows.

B O M

Everyone calls you the Justin Timberlake of the group, how does that feel?
Bom: They said it, I didn't.

Bom: That would have to be my grandmother, their is to much to say about her and how she influenced me, but it would have to be her.

Bom: It would have to be Su Wen, she was a famous Chinese soccer player. I always wanted to be a soccer player and she being Asian made me feel better at having a chance on being like her.

Fame or Money?
Bom: Hmm, Money...I can be famous from being rich.

M I N Z Y

How does it feel from wanting to be a solo pop artist to being in a girl group?
Minzy: It doesn't feel much different, I'm still making music.

Minzy: My mother and father, they are two individuals who I look up to dearly.

Minzy: It would have to be my mother, she took care of me and I would always ask myself how she could bare so much and yet still stay so calm.

Fame or Money?
Minzy: Eh neither, I'm good.

D A R A X I

Many people didn't know you had a girlfriend, how was your reaction to that?
Daraxi: Can we have at least one lesbian in the industry who doesn't need a fucking bar mitzvah as a coming out announcement.

Daraxi: Tisha Jackson.

Daraxi: Tisha Jackson.

Fame or Money?
Daraxi: Neither, I want Tisha Jackson. (laughs)
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/01/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 03/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 04/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2016 18:56:13(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Official Track List:

1. "O C E A N - B L U E"
2. "C A T C H E D - E Y E S"
3. "E X P I R E D"
4. "T H O U S A N D - S H A D E S"
5. "H U N G E R"
6. "I N - M Y - S E A"
7. "A L L - I - K N O W"
8. "W I T H - I T"
9. "F O R B I D D E N - F O U R"

- ALL FROM THE ALBUM "BROKEN" -
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 10/01/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 11/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#8 Posted : 07 February 2016 16:00:50(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

C.M.B.D Receives First (2X) Platinum Plaque By The RIAJ

UserPostedImage

Rising Korean girl group C.M.B.D has received their first 2X Platinum plaque via RIAJ for selling/shipping 500K CD-Units in the nation of Japan. The girls are overwhelmed with emotions and are honored to hang their first plaque on a wall in their personal space at Warner Music Japan HQ. The Head of Warner Japan personally handed the plaque to the girls and honored them with a personal bow to each member to signify his respect and acknowledgment towards them reaching such an accomplishment. We hope our girls continue to reach more of the coming success they deserve. Fighting!! - C.M.B.D's Warner Music Team

Edited by user 07 February 2016 16:01:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 07/02/2016(UTC), kandii on 07/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 07/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/02/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 08/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#9 Posted : 13 October 2016 10:52:40(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Long time no see! We're back to inform our fans that we have finished our Sophomore album "FANTASIA" which is coming this November! We've been working on this album since March and now we're so excited to finally showcase it to you guys. A fall album is something that we knew our fans needed after "BROKEN" so we tried immensely hard to perfect and finish it so we can deliver it to you guys by the end of this year. Our comeback single will be coming very soon so look out for that as well! A pre-order will be coming by the end of this month and other special annoucments that we can't wait to share. We would like to thank all of you for joining us on another great era, love you! - C.M.B.D
UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 13/10/2016(UTC), erich hess on 13/10/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 13/10/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/10/2016(UTC), kandii on 16/10/2016(UTC)