logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DistortedAudio  
#1 Posted : 19 August 2015 10:31:59(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: LOU
Release Date: September 4, 2015
Recorded: November - December 2014, Bassett Studio - Washington, DC
July - August 2015, Bassett Studio - Washington, DC
Genres: Indie Rock, Dream Pop
Length: 10:59
Label: Unsigned/Nobody’s Laughing (for cassettes/vinyl)
Producers: Ivan Richards, Louis Bassett

Tracklisting:

1.Dildo Lad Rides Again [4:36]
2.Admit Defeat [2:21]
3.Bare [1:55]
4.Don’t Hurt [2:07]

Linear Notes:
After working an office job while playing as a session musician for multiple artists, Louis Bassett decided that enough was enough. He took the money that he had saved up until that point and quit his job, moving full-time into music. Most of his recording experience had been on soft-rock tracks and a few punk albums here and there, but after enough time had passed, he had decided to move forward and begin recording his own material.

Intent on making a solo experience that was as eclectic as the personality of the band’s frontman, Bassett strove to record the music that he had premiered at a few local live shows in the DC area in an attempt to have something to sell at merch tables during these shows, as well as a working demo tape that could be sent to record labels in hopes that he’d be signed.

The biggest problem with this strategy was that he would have to record all of the music within his own personal home studio. Not to mention mix and master it himself. Due to this, the E.P. contains a small mix of songs that are lo-fi, and more stripped down than the usual genre fare that can be found.

“I want to make 2 of these tapes to be honest. I think any good musician is multi-dimensional and I think this tape is honestly the softer side of my music. I wanted my shows to go up to 11, but understandably they couldn’t always stay there, so I wrote songs that would be calmer and used to catch your breath during my sets. This E.P./demo is exactly that. It’s the breather section of the shows that I aim for.

I had to go with these calmer songs first because I really doubt the neighboring apartments would like how loud this second collection of songs would go. If any of you know a great, cheap recording place please contact me at:
xxx-xxx-xxxx

If I can scrounge up the cash to get better recording material and maybe talk with a few friends that could master it better, I really want to release the other side of this release, which is way heavier, much more aggressive and tackles some darker subjects in my opinion.

We’ll see if that can happen.

That said, I do approach a lot of different subjects in the 4 songs of this E.P. and each will be addressed in the linear notes of those songs specifically. This is the first release I’ve ever created that I have personally masterminded.

Hope you enjoy and god bless.”

Louis Bassett

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 6 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 19/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 19/08/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 19/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 20/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 20/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/08/2015(UTC)