logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2015 10:39:13(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

GQ wrote:
Born on November 21st,1991, along with being famous for her personality, she so happens to be a triple threat: an actress, a model and even a singer. After a short lived childhood full of theatre, her big break came when she landed the lead role in the hit movie Right From Wrong at the age of 16, though she's been on the big screen since 13. By the time she turned 18, she stopped accepting acting gigs and became a "part-time" supermodel. By 2012, outside of her face, she was hardly known. Thinking her hiatus was long enough, in 2013, she landed a role on both Alistair: City Of Secrets and Consequences: Dead Man Walking, 2 of some of the most talked about TV shows over the last few years. Though all it took to kickstart her name back into the flames of fame was to make a simple Twitter account. "A few retweets and twitter wars later," and she is now the 7th most followed celebrity on social media and half of her followers have no idea that she actually is. So for the sake of what's to come from the personality, to whomever it may concern, let us formally introduce you to the girl who has lowkey already taken the world by storm.

sbs.com

UserPostedImage

To answer your question: She is @SupremeBurritoShade. Yes, that girl. And yes, she has a booming career outside of Twitter. And yes, contrary to popular belief about anyone who spends more than 5 minutes on the internet, she is smoking hot. But before I let you in on any of the other striking details about this woman who just generally makes our TVs, magazines and social media a little better and a lot more entertaining, you have to know her name.

So you go by Rosario Rivera in Allistair, you'll be known as Carrol Tinman on Consequences, on Twitter we all refer to you as @SupremeBurritoShade, but your government name is Dakota Sanchez. Damn woman, what do we call you?!
I know, I know. It's like I'm just creating different alias' and living different lives on every outlet possible. I always wanted to make a name for myself but I lowkey forgot to stick to one. [laughs] Dakota Zitkala Sanchez. That's my full name. But just call me Big Bird, I love going by Big Bird.

Big Bird? [laughs] Why Big Bird?
Oh, right! Well my name is Siouxan. My middle name, Zitkala means "Dakota" so technically I'm Dakota Dakota. At the same time Dakota means "bird" so basically when you say my name, you're saying "Bird Bird" which my family always thought was funny but I didn't get the joke in fucking with my future by not giving me a proper meaningful name. But whatever. Basically for most of my life, people walked around calling me Bird Bird. But who the f*ck says Bird Bird? Eventually it morphed into Big Bird and I don't know, I've grown to really love it. I'd like to think it gives me personality, Dakota is such a basic name.

Best nickname ever. You said your name derives from the Sioux tribe? You must be Native American then!
I am! I'm also Cuban and European {Caucasian American: Dakota refuses to refer to "The White Man" as anything but rude guests in America} but I completely identify as American.

Really? What is it like being Indian in America?
Indian? Hahahaha, no. What is it like being American in America? I don't know, it's little things like this that you never really contemplate. It's great to grow up in the motherland, not a lot people experience that because they'd rather kill natives and steal land instead. There aren't many of us around but when you find a fellow American the feels are cray.

I'm guessing it was your family who taught you to have such a strong standing on being Ind...Nat..American?
Nah, my family ignored every bit of our heritage and basically did their all to live a whitewashed life, much like the Man did to us. We are all very light and could pass for white and my parents are obsessed with identifying themselves as white. Which I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but they forced those views on me and it's a big part of why I hate them, their life goal was always to force their tragic lives and failed dreams onto me. I hate most of my family in fact, except for abuela Nita and prima Nina [Nina Tarantino; Rum of Rum & Coke], I love them to death.

I never knew you were related to Rum! What was it like growing up with someone famous?
I was actually famous before her. [laughs] I just gave up on acting as soon as I could. But yea, we didn't really grow up together. Her family lived in Cuba and moved to Canada, we lived in Miami and my parents hated her side of the family. We didn't meet until she was like 16 or 17 but ever since we did she's been my fave. We talk all the time and met up as much as possible. Seeing her become famous has motivated me to take my hand at it again. In fact, she's the one who's pushed me to get back into acting.

UserPostedImage

Why did you quit acting in the first place? You were in your prime before you began to rapidly reject roles.
Acting was always something I had a natural gift for but didn't really want to participate in. Just like how I'm good at math but will never want to be a mathematician. But of course, my parents worked in theatre and since they had all the connections, why not force their daugher to be a big time actress against her will? As soon as I turned 18, I moved out, bought a place across the country and stopped taking calls from my helicopter momager. That did the trick.

Wow. From there you became a part-time supermodel, did you find yourself more content with being in magazines than being on the screen?
Meh, not really. I modelled to keep my bills paid, not because I loved it. I was always very confident in myself so of course I loved looking great, but it all felt a bit contrived. People knew me for my face but I figure if people are gonna "know me" then why not give them a chance to actually know me. And as you know, models don't talk a lot so becoming a model full-time was always a conflict for me, I usually avoided the route.

And eventually you made a Twitter account to settle that conflict?
Exactly, you're so good at this! I figured I needed a journal or something but who keeps a journal in the age of blogs? So I ditched that and tried my hand at blogging and I completely hated it because there was too much commitment involved and I generally think bloggers are the true trolls of the internet. I found Twitter and felt it was miles better because it consisted of a quick spur of thoughts. With blogs you have to write paragraphs on something that made you happy or mad and spend hours editing it, posting it and thinking up what you're gonna write next. That's way too much, I didn't completely have no life yet, I just wanted to be useless on something useless.

And now you have 30 million followers on Twitter. When did that happen?
[shrugs] It just did. A few retweets and Twitter wars later everybody's all up in my notifications with death threats or love letters, sometimes both. Crazy.

You're generally way more known for your Twitter but through the years you've in fact got back into acting and are beginning to pop up modelling different campaigns more frequently. Does it bother you that a lot of people don't know about your career outside of Twitter?
It doesn't. I've purposely tweeted everything on my account, why would I be mad about it catching attention? I love the response because that's really all I've ever wanted. I'm a person, a real person with a big ass personality and I crave so much for attention that I just want to be able to showcase it and read all the mixed reviews, I am an actor at heart after all. If there was an official list of things irrelevant to everyday life, Twitter probably tops it. There's no real reason behind it nor is there a super pretentious reason behind why I tweet. I just do and it's worked out for me.

Being a model, actress and a well known personality on Twitter, are you happy with where you're at?
In life? In my career? In this business? Not necessarily. There's still a lot I want to do. Twitter is an infinite temporary for me to be honest. It was never my main focus, it's just what people decided to focus on and I don't mind that. Am I happy about it? Hell yeah. Typically, actors are known and loved for their characters but I'm an actress who's known for my actual personality instead, I prefer that. Out of all the models who flash folk all day, I'm the only one whose words have a bigger impact than my boobs and that's legitimately something I'm proud of. Whether or not people think of me as a troll or whatever else, I'm living good either way.

UserPostedImage

sbs.com

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/11/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/11/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/11/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/11/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 08/11/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 09/11/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2015 10:44:02(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
erica:um...i really had this person pictured as male.

nina:word. and not near so...yummy.

erica: down,nina. do i have to get the rolled up paper?

nina: ooh,you know that only encourages me,love.

erica: you know,being indian..well,american indian. that "native american" bull shit is for the birds,that means she is probably hairless.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 08/11/2015(UTC)