logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2015 12:12:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artists: Khalil Ferreira, Brian Bodkin [credited as Brian B.]
Title: Halcyon
Genre: House, Dance
Length: 3:00
Written By: C.Hudson
Produced By: Khalil Ferreira
Label: Five Pesky Kids
From The Album: TBC

Halcyon is the official debut single from British-Turkish DJ, record producer and songwriter, Khalil Ferreira. The Manchester-based producer has already made a name for himself in the UK club scene with many of his House influenced remixes of popular chart hits and beats of his own becoming staples at nightclubs and providing the soundtrack to many party filled weekends. Ferreira's bootleg remixes that he uploaded onto his YouTube channel weekly caught the attention of Billy Khan, one fifth of pop giants Weekend and also co-owner and label executive of Five Pesky Kids Records. Ferreira was soon signed to the label as an in-house producer and has been working with many of the famous, well established artists on their roster since inking his deal in early 2014. Khalil's first officially released track was his remix of Weekend's #1 hit "Back In The Day", serving as the second track on the digital remix EP. Surprised yet totally ecstatic about the positive feedback on the remix, Khalil was encouraged and motivated to create and produce tracks of his own and become an artist in his own right rather than being stuck behind the scenes while others work the mass crowds on stage and have all the fun, something which Khalil has always dreamed of. This single is a taster of the House/Dance/Pop crossover "bangers" that will be featured on his upcoming debut album, set for release in the summer of 2016.

The song was written by Christopher Hudson - a member of The Stat Nerds, which Brian B is also a member of. Hudson initially created the "skeleton" of the song on his own, writing the song during his spare time and hoping that another artist would pick it up and record it. Christopher is a well respected songwriter and constantly submits songs to many well known artists. An act on the Pesky roster expressed interest in the track but wanted a lot of the song reworked so Hudson, now aided by writing partners Fiori and Wiseman, put pen to paper and rebuilt the song. "Halcyon" was ultimately rejected by the artist but soon caught the attention of Ferreira. He already had a beat in existence, a rather "light" and "simple" Dance track with influences of House music - the genre Khalil is best known for. The idea of having dark, meaningful and unusual lyrics contrasting greatly against a playful beat and ultimately resulting in the words becoming even more prominent is what Khalil was looking for throughout the creation of his debut album. After tweaking and adding to the song himself, the track was ready to go. All they needed was a vocalist.

The vocals on "Halcyon" are provided by the youngest member of pop boyband The Stat Nerds, Brian Bodkin - who is now professionally known as Brian B. Ferreira suggested from the start that he would prefer a male vocalist to feature on the record and more importantly, a relatively unknown one. While Brian is famous for being 1/4 of The Stat Nerds, he collectively has the least solo airtime on their records in comparison to the others and his celebrity profile is nothing compared to that of Christopher Hudson and Jerry Holmes. Khalil stated that he wanted the lyrics and production to be the reason why people sit up and listen to the song, taking it in and forming their own opinion rather than feeling like they have to like it or have to listen to it purely because a big name artist is singing. Christopher suggested that Brian should feature on the track as it would be "unexpected" and also a way of keeping their band's name out there as they still appear to be having issues regarding their album's release date behind the scenes. "Halcyon" marks Brian's first musical endeavour outside of the group.

"Halcyon" describes the story of two lovers who appear to be infatuated with one another to such a point where it is becoming dangerous with a clear obsession taking place; feeling the same things, stating that they will endure the most intense pain just to stay together and interpreting the controlling behaviour as real love. Although it is seen as "wrong", "twisted" and "unconventional" to everyone else surrounding them, the couple believe that they are the luckiest people in the world to have one another and are living in their halcyon days while everyone else is missing out. The song makes many references to blood and flesh, sometimes sounding a little harsh to the listener but also driving home the fact not everything is all roses and that pain and mortality is part of life and love whether we like it or not. At first, Brian sings about being controlled, giving the impression that his lover is the dominant one but as the track continues we learn that both parties are equally wrapped up in one another. This can also be backed up by the line, "There's no fighting for a crown, no destination in sight", which tells us that neither of them are trying to become the "leader" in the relationship and that they have no hidden agendas, just wanting to live in the moment and play an equal part in this dark tale.

"Halcyon"

I think that I'm addicted to the burns and friction,
Every time you rub me up the wrong way
I guess I'm so used to the puppet strings and constriction
The control you have is like God at play
Yet I've never felt more alive in this fragile condition
Under all the resistance, don't wanna be saved

You've felt it too, the astounding ache of the heart
The beats and the breaks as good as the soothe
Run away with me, let me hold you tight through the dark
I know that, sometimes, you like feeling helpless too
We'll play a game of cat and mouse until we tear right up
Loose lips will talk but can't love me like you

I know you want my heart in between your teeth
It's yours to protect, it's yours to make it bleed
Let it drip and bless this place that we dare call home
Let it be the water we swim in, like we're basking in gold

I breathe your smoke deep into my lungs, I hold on for dear life like I'm dying young
Standing in a crossfire for eternity, constant bullet in the muscle pressing into me
The pain we cause hurts down to the bone but it's a comfort, tells me I'm not alone
To the eyes in the woods it's just sick, twisted games yet for us, this is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days
This is our, this is our, this is our halcyon days

Take you to the edge and close our eyes while we accelerate
In the dark, nothing but the beating in our chest
Unconventional to say the least, both hurled from grace
The hard landing soon eased with a numbing kiss
We want so much more than these measly bodies can ever take
Forgetting that our armour is made of the softest flesh

You know I want your heart in between my teeth
It's mine to protect, it's all mine to make bleed
Let it drip and bless this place that we dare call home
Let it be the water we swim in, like we're basking in gold

I breathe your smoke deep into my lungs, I hold on for dear life like I'm dying young
Standing in a crossfire for eternity, constant bullet in the muscle pressing into me
The pain we cause hurts down to the bone but it's a comfort, tells me I'm not alone
To the eyes in the woods it's just sick, twisted games yet for us, this is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days

There's no fighting for a crown, no destination in sight
We just want to love until it hurts, no other goal in mind
We don't hang around to think, the lighting strikes and we're away
Some say we're insane but we're just caught in a halcyon daze

This is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days
This is our halcyon days

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 26 April 2016 05:33:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 11 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 02/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2015 17:54:16(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Hype: Dude that was awesome
Buzz: Gotta give it to you, you're nearly as good as Hype!
Hype: Erm...
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 01/12/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 02 December 2015 02:01:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Lacy Brown: Aww so glad the world finally gets to hear this, I'm not being biased because Brian is boyfriend but this song rocks!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/12/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2015 20:18:40(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post
Hype: Dude that was awesome
Buzz: Gotta give it to you, you're nearly as good as Hype!
Hype: Erm...

Khalil: Thanks for checking out my first official track. Humbled to be receiving a positive comment from guys like yourself. Hope you hang around and check out some more of my stuff in the future :)

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Lacy Brown: Aww so glad the world finally gets to hear this, I'm not being biased because Brian is boyfriend but this song rocks!

Brian: Thanks for checking it out, Lacy! This song has been nearly a year in the making and you know all about the struggles Khalil and I have had with releasing but it's finally here, wooooo!! Even I was surprised when it was released. Khalil just randomly dropped it haha. Thanks for the support x
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 04 December 2015 01:26:23(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: My wig is snatched. I can't believe what I've just heard. it was just too good to be true. Lemme hear this for next 24 hours.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 04 December 2015 03:28:18(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Duuuuuude I know people always underestimate The Stat Nerds (love u guiz) but you alone just proved to everyone that you guys have a lot of talent. Rad vocals and the lyrics are even... radder? K so what I'm trying to say is the writers of this song need to get in my brain please and thanks... oh & Khalil must be a mystical lil wizard as well, because he keeps on serving up the bops heheh. Happy holidays 💜
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/12/2015(UTC)