logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2015 10:25:05(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Too Cool To Care
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Alternative Pop, Pop
Lenght: 4:37
Writer(s): Alec Cole
Producer(s): Alec Cole
Released: December 1st 2015

"Too Cool To Care" is the second single taken from singer/songwriter/producer Alec Cole's highly anticipated debut album "INTO" and released under it was written and produced by Cole it follows the lead single "Fucked Up" which was released exactly a month ago and it is the second time we've heard Cole experiment with his new indie/alternative pop sound

"Too Cool To Care" once again is an expansion on the relationship sung about on "The Great Fall" (from Alec's debut EP) and "Fucked Up" (lead single from INTO) however rather than coming off as disappointed or sad about the break up Alec speaks this time about how he's moved on from it and how he is "Too cool to care" (Yas for puns and lyrics) and it's easy for me to say that this song tops "Fucked Up" on so many levels vocal wise, production wise, and of course lyrically but lets focus on the lyrics for a second with condescending lyrics like "You use to be so sure what happened doll?" and "You thought you fucked me up good but I don't think you could" not to mention the entire fucking chorus which some of us could relate to and the rest of us wish we could he shows a completely side to himself a cockier "bad boy" side which I'm sure some preteen girls will swoon over and the verses are almost perfect though I do prefer the second to the first with quotable lyrics like "I found peace in the silence" and "I found myself in your absence" the song is almost perfectly lyrically the only major fault I can find her is the bridge which is weaker than most of the lyrics and not really too memorable it doesn't kill the song but it also doesn't help it now to the vocals I've said it before Alec doesn't have the strongest, best or most unique vocals but he does have a very smooth and easy voice which is perfect with the style of music he's been doing recently especially on this song he really shows off his smooth vocals during the verses and during the pre-chorus where he also shows a cockier side to them which matches the lyrics he shows more emotion in the chorus though which is perfect and as I know I said he doesn't have the strongest voice but he does have a moment here where he takes his smooth nonchalant voice to a different level once he honestly sang the song perfect for this style of music the only fault once again is in the bridge where his vocals are a bit iffy and hard to understand so lets talk about one of the best arts of the song the production and considering Alec done this by himself it makes it so much better the production is simple smooth and cool which is perfect for the lyrics and his voice with smooth synths and a consistent drum beat that plays through the verses and pre-chorus and then a more uptempo sound during the chorus it's incredible and it really ties the song together perfectly

So all in all the song is great lyrically Alec did an incredible job despite the lackluster bridge vocally he was nearly perfect showing some emotion in the chorus but not over doing it and production wise I personally loved it it brought the whole song together I think Alec is showing us a newer edgier side to him which is something that is refreshing from him I think he definitely topped the lead single from the album here I also think that in terms of airplay this song is so much more radio friendly than "Fucked Up" and he probably should have chosen this song for a lead single anyway if these last two songs are anything to go by I think Alec may be in store for a huge album possibly one of the best of 2015/2016 but only time will tell

Keep your flowers cause I'm not dead
Cause in the end it wasn't the end
I always thought I'd be less without you
Be less without us
But I can feel all the oxygen
No more you I'm breathing again
I found a peace over here with me
With me

I think I'm safe
I picked up the pieces my heart is like rocks
I'm done following and trailing along
You use to be so sure what happened doll?
You thought you fucked me up good but I don't think you could

I waited back there for you but now I'm over here
Don't tell me you love me cause now I'm fully aware
I don't want to kiss you cause your lips were against his
Don't tell me you miss me cause I'm way too cool to care

Tried to keep us persistent
But I guess that wasn't your plan
It's all good cause I'm breathing
Breathing better
And even if you came back I'd still resist
Cause I've grown tired of your bitter kiss
I found peace in the silence
And found myself in your absence

I think I'm safe
I picked up the pieces my heart is like rocks
I'm done following and trailing along
You use to be so sure what happened doll?
You thought you fucked me up good but I don't think you could

Feeling like I'm living
Under my own laws
On solid ground I'm breathing
No more drowning no more fire or storms

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 02/12/2015(UTC), Matticus on 02/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 04 December 2015 01:19:35(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: This is amazing. I've been liking you alot these days and you just keep delivering these songs. I'm thirsty for more, but I'm satisfied for now. Keep it coming though!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/12/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2015 18:10:46(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: This is amazing. I've been liking you alot these days and you just keep delivering these songs. I'm thirsty for more, but I'm satisfied for now. Keep it coming though!

Alec: Thanks Cosma I'm glad you've been liking the new sound and don't even worry you'll be getting more new music really soon ;)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:15:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: I'm never opposed to listening to a quality pop artist and lately that's all you've been showing to us, Alec. We all love growth and you're certainly growing musically and this is a very strong record here. I'm not just saying that because you're the head of the label, but because the hard work, production and your vocals are top notch. Keep it up man!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 14/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:37:41(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
erich:the first line of this song is worth the price of admission alone. superb...even if i thought you were a girl and was totally going to hit on you.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:53:25(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott Rose-Hilton: Was your face that pixelated last time we met? I jest, I jest. Nice to see someone stepping out from the crowd and proving themselves to be a solid pop star with a big future ahead of them. Can't wait to see what you do next.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2015 21:00:25(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: I'm never opposed to listening to a quality pop artist and lately that's all you've been showing to us, Alec. We all love growth and you're certainly growing musically and this is a very strong record here. I'm not just saying that because you're the head of the label, but because the hard work, production and your vocals are top notch. Keep it up man!!

Alec: Hmm you sure you're not just saying all of this because I'm head of the label James? Kidding thanks man I've honestly been a huge fan for a long time and to hear you saying all of these cool things about my music is honestly incredible so thank you so much it's all really appreciated

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:the first line of this song is worth the price of admission alone. superb...even if i thought you were a girl and was totally going to hit on you.

Alec: Hmm I'm guessing my scrawny body and blurred out face is what started that though? Regardless I apologize for confusing you Erich and thanks it's always cool as a writer to hear someone likes of your lyrics

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott Rose-Hilton: Was your face that pixelated last time we met? I jest, I jest. Nice to see someone stepping out from the crowd and proving themselves to be a solid pop star with a big future ahead of them. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Alec: Yeah I've had a bit of work done since we last met out nothing drastic though just noticeable enough haha thanks Scott as you already know I have an insane amount of respect for you as a business man but it's taken to the next level as a musician so it's really awesome to know you like my music
My Acts

UserPostedImage