logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DistortedAudio  
#1 Posted : 09 December 2015 04:14:56(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Billed as the answer to mass culture’s obsession with plastic surgery and AD-based music, Baltimore-based noose are fresh from a local studio with their debut release, an e.p. titled: cui bono.

Louis Bassett wrote:
“In today’s musical mainstream, there’s this thought that everything you have to make has to be made out of love, or at the very best in terms of conflict, slight discontent. Well, that’s not us, we make music out of actual Laugh, actual hatred. The practices that some of these bigger labels, FREEDOM, Studio60 etc...the practices that they use and the way that all of the artists sort of blend together, it really fucking dilutes the industry as a whole. We’re not looking for diversity within the music industry via race or anything like that, even though that would be great too. Rather, we’re looking for some kind of diversity within sound and ideas, everyone is writing the same shit in the same genre, with the same producers. It’s like cultural incest and all of our musical children have webbed feet.”

In promotion of the band releasing this EP on Friday, Culture Uncut is working in conjunction with them for a special new, First Cut program, in which it streams here before wide release.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 6 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 31/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 09 December 2015 04:18:55(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: well,I am from the south.products of incest with webbed feet only turn us on more. Squeal piggy,squeal.

Karoliena:ada took the meds when she left,didn't she?

Erich: she didn't take the fun ones.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 09/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2015 08:17:33(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage
title: cui bono
band: noose
format: extended play
recording information: recorded in emma's basement, Newport News, Virginia between November 2015 and December 2015.
label: holy-mountain-recordings
production: emma shields [producer/engineer]

UserPostedImage
Billed as the answer to mass culture’s obsession with plastic surgery and AD-based music, Baltimore-based noose are fresh from a local studio with their debut release, an e.p. titled: cui bono.

“In today’s musical mainstream, there’s this thought that everything you have to make has to be made out of love, or at the very best in terms of conflict, slight discontent. Well, that’s not us, we make music out of actual Laugh, actual hatred. The practices that some of these bigger labels, FREEDOM, Studio60 etc...the practices that they use and the way that all of the artists sort of blend together, it really fucking dilutes the industry as a whole. We’re not looking for diversity within the music industry via race or anything like that, even though that would be great too. Rather, we’re looking for some kind of diversity within sound and ideas, everyone is writing the same shit in the same genre, with the same producers. It’s like cultural incest and all of our musical children have webbed feet.”

-- Louis Bassett

In promotion of the band releasing this EP on Friday, Culture Uncut is working in conjunction with them for a special new, First Cut program, in which it streams here before wide release.

personnel:
Louis Bassett - bass guitar, vocals [this feeling is carnal]
James Black - guitar
Laura Paige - percussions, vocals [pound of flesh]
Emma Shields - mixing and mastering

tracklisting:

Side A:
this feeling is carnal

Side B:
[pound of flesh]

linear notes:

“the recording of this e.p. was very serious to us at the time that it was happening because of the prevalence of media and images within media within the last few decades. we always had the type of attitude of creating out of anger, or real dislike of things, and this was an easy project to write for because the things we make music about are things we truly hate. we hate the squeaky clean image of pop-stars that are run out in front of us day after day.

the title, which translates to something akin to, ‘to whose benefit?’, is really meant to ask those that consume our music, who benefits from the pop-star machine and the media cycle? they might benefit from a firsthand look, but the way in which they are berated and boiled down into caricatures makes me say that in a sort of self-actualization way, they don’t exactly benefit directly from this. This is a criticism of that machine. This is a punk record.”

Edited by user 31 December 2015 08:18:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 3 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
kandii on 31/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 31/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 31/12/2015(UTC)