logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2015 08:34:47(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single: RUN
Artist: WINNIE
Label: Safe Haven Records
Release Date: December 10th, 2015
Genre: Power Pop
Written by: Winnie Minami
Produced by: inZane, FancyN
Length: 3:04

Ready to finally kickoff her career as the powerhouse pop star she was destined to be, WINNIE [the government calls her Winnie Minami] drops her very first single RUN. Ironically, the 28-year-old's debut record is in fact a song about all the procrastination and doubts that came before her debut record. "I think once we get around the age of 30, we all sit back and realize 'Oh shit, wow, what the hell have I been doing for 3 decades?? I've wasted my life.'" WINNIE says on the context of the single. "When everything was starting to come together for me, I got really reflective on how I let everything but music--even music--get in the way of me pursuing a musical career."

For the last 10 years WINNIE has spent her life dressing up everyday in a new costume as she grabbed her guitar and went out onto the streets of Hollywood and sang her heart out while disobeying it. "I didn't have the confidence to walk in a record label and perform and be judged by a bunch of strangers so I initially thought that if I busked a bit, I would eventually get the hang of it and blow every label executive who crossed me away. But a decade later, I realized I was using it as an excuse to never walk into a record label in the first place."

The single's release comes just a few days after the singer was announced as one of the many signings on Safe Haven Records, the newest record label launched by Alec Cole alongside Scott Rose-Hilton. After being debuted exclusively on all Pop iHeartRadio stations on December 9th, 2015, it is streaming on Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal and can be purchased on iTunes on December 10th, 2015.

The 28-year-old street performer's 3 minute and 3 seconds long track has gone viral within the last hour, thanks to iHeartRadio's gigantic radio push, the catchy melody, the dance-ified instrumental and the energetic hook and overall revitalizing lyrics,making it clear why. With it's big beat produced by inZane and FancyN and it's smooth vocals that only outline the passion within, it's no doubt that WINNIE will become the star that she always doubted she could become.

WINNIE

I'm 28 and I still don't know where life will take me
Wasted a decade and all I've left behind are broken guitar strings
Swore to myself I'll get it together when I hit 30, but it's looking more like 41
See at 17, I was just starting to leave a life behind and forgot how to commit to things
And by 23, I was too busy running in absinthe fields, chasing blue dreams
I'm kind of convinced that no one has faith in me, and I do mean no one

I ran in the arms of the city of stars just to be pushed away
Crawling down the walk of fame, not realizing begging for fame just wasn't my thing
But if I could, I could, I should, I would do something great, like sign on with a label.. whenever the time came
It seems the progress of my present felt a bit more comfortable in past tense
Convinced no matter how gifted, my presence wouldn't have lasted
I gave up, caved in but I never lost my angle!
Now I'm stuck singing on the sidewalks in the city of angels!

Didn't know where to go until I couldn't stay
I didn't know I could make it 'til I lost my way
(Run, run, run, run
You can't just run, run, run, run, run
You can't just run..)

I'm 28 and I'm pretty sure I'm at my endgame
If I don't find myself soon, all that I've ignored will just rot away
Spent all this time turning my back on the dreams I never claimed as mine,
Now I'll have to face losing everything
I walked upon the pavement and cast my fate into the yesteryears
The doubt was my acoustic and they tipped all my fears, now I know it so well I could play it by ear
I gave up, caved in but I'm still right here!
Singing on the sidewalks trying to drown out the facts I don't wanna hear!

(Run, run, run, run
You can't just run..)

From your truth!
We're still tryna figure out what makes you!
Tried to do yourself wrong but never got it right!
Used to think you wasted time penning these rhymes,
But you were documenting your life!

(Run, run, run, run
You can't just run..)

I'm 28 and I'm still following the same routine
Woke up early and decided what street I was gonna make my temporary sanctuary
I prayed in psalms and the music healed me
"Look up," I did, and She said, "you gotta run"
So I told myself, "I've been on this path for a minute, my feet are devastated, my faith incapacitated and this chase couldn't get any lamer
But I'll be damned if I let the hurt get in the way of the Hz that's been spilling out my heart since before I knew my left from right chambers
I got up, caved in to the fact that I was able!
Now I'm singing with the Big Boys in this city of angels!

(Run, run, run, run
We gotta run, run, run, run, run
We gotta run..)

Edited by user 10 December 2015 09:30:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 11 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 10/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 10/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/12/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 10/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 10/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 12/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2015 09:36:37(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: I was more of the thought , "well, I've peaked.it a all down hill from here.If I had an "it", it wouldn't get up anymore." really pretty song,Minami.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 10/12/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 10 December 2015 11:24:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Billy: I had no idea who the fuck you were before clicking on the link that a fan sent me but, on the strength of this song alone, I think you've already joined my list of favourite artists and that's a tough place to break into. I feel like I already know a lot of your backstory just from this song and listening to the lyrics, I'm glad you've finally made it to where you are today. I can relate to many lines you've penned here too. I'll definitely be purchasing and keeping up to date with your stuff :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 10 December 2015 11:44:20(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Mr. Hernandez: It's rare that I listen to a new artist and get excited through just one sole track, but when I heard this single today on Apple Music I genuinely got excited. The song is bombastic, yet understated at the same time. It has the balance to it that it can and likely will attract listeners from many different music realms. Lyrically, the verses are fantastic and it's clear there was no watering down to them. I have no idea who Winnie is nor what she looks like and that makes me appreciate the art more when everything aside from the music is a mystery to me. I look forward to what she may muster up in the new year and beyond.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 10 December 2015 20:38:23(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alec: So happy to hear something like this it's unique something totally different to what you'd normally hear on the radio which is great I love how personal this is to you and how relatable the song can be to others especially musicians I cannot wait to see what you do next I know 2016 is going to be huge for you just wait and see
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 11/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 12 December 2015 03:26:02(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Oh giiiirl am I feelin this or am I feelin this cuz I am feelin this... my new fave 💜💜 Songwriting is so personal, so I often find it difficult to relate to songs and be like "woooow this is so me" but you just kinda wrote my new anthem that basically sums how I felt about aaalll of this, before I released my own record and went into this career, this is crazy accurate. Glad to know what I was feeling isn't so unnatural after all heheh. NGL I think we were all disappointed when we realised Winnie the Pooh wasn't gonna slay us with his debut single, but kinda glad you're here instead. *hugzzz*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
kandii on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#7 Posted : 12 December 2015 04:00:02(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Wow just wow!! Winnie this is your debut and it's perfect! Your lyrics speak for you and that's the real thing.. I mean that's what we're supposed to do, inspire others and you inspired me. Can't wait to see what else you got for us!! I believe in you!!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
kandii on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:23:01(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: Been hearing your name buzzing around everywhere lately. I even saw that movie commercial that was on TV the other night but come to find out...you sing too? And very very well? What can't you do, WINNIE? I just want to take the time out to say that this is one of the strongest debuts I've seen in quite some time. These lyrics are something special, true , and moving. The overall sound is just superb and I really hope you achieve success as it would be a shame if people overlook this. Even if they do, I can assure you you'll have people who recognize what a talent you are. Best of luck, you!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 15/12/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 15 December 2015 16:56:22(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: I was more of the thought , "well, I've peaked.it a all down hill from here.If I had an "it", it wouldn't get up anymore." really pretty song,Minami.

WINNIE: One question though... how do you know it won't get up anymore? I've always wondered like how do you know you're just not horny enough before you go and pronounce your penis dead or the like? We need to get someone out on the field and have them investigate. Or at least get a direct source? I think the direct source is probably less weird.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/12/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 15 December 2015 17:40:15(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: I had no idea who the fuck you were before clicking on the link that a fan sent me but, on the strength of this song alone, I think you've already joined my list of favourite artists and that's a tough place to break into. I feel like I already know a lot of your backstory just from this song and listening to the lyrics, I'm glad you've finally made it to where you are today. I can relate to many lines you've penned here too. I'll definitely be purchasing and keeping up to date with your stuff :)

WINNIE: Well cock me down and pass me to your goldfish, BILLY! Who is this holy fan it was lowkey probably me getting that indie promo in and trolling as usual I need to shake their hands! Thank you so much for checking out my track, your words are tooo kind! Now you have me thinking I can take over the world, just waait until my belting tracks!!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 15 December 2015 23:42:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post

WINNIE: One question though... how do you know it won't get up anymore? I've always wondered like how do you know you're just not horny enough before you go and pronounce your penis dead or the like? We need to get someone out on the field and have them investigate. Or at least get a direct source? I think the direct source is probably less weird.

Erica:I....I... Don't know. I've never really thought about it. I'd like to phone a friend. Erich?

Erich : what? I'm in the bath.is some me time too much to ask?

Erica: hey.Winnie and I were talking and we want to know how do you know when you can't get it up anymore?

Erich: whAt? Why?! What have you heard?! It happens,ok? Cocaine is a hell of s drug,but sometimes....it constructs the wrong blood vessel and you're impotent as a melted marshmallow.

Erica: noooo. I mean like : that's it. No more hard times. The final boner.

Erich: wait...Winnie? Is kai having trouser trouble?

Erica: other Winnie.

Erich: she's a guy?

Erica: I ...don't think so.

Erich:as long as I got to top, I still would.

Erica: even with a limp Willy flopping around?

Erich: now you're ruining it for me.

Studio audience: GET ON WITH IT!!!!

Erica: wow.haven't heard from the Hess studio audience in ages.

Erich: I know. Little bastards must have escaped purgatory. Anyways. The final boner. Sadly,you won't know until its too late. You'll be sitting there with your special lady. They are looking fine. Feeling fine. Things will be completely normal...but then! Some thing doesn't feel right. Colors aren't as bright,adult contemporary starts sounding like the music you should be fucking to. You look down and see a bewildered looking inchworm staring up at you. You yell, " what the fuck,guy. You have one job! " your dick just shrugs and picks up a book. Now,this is where things can indicate just what your future is. Its very possible that it's just being stubborn and holding out for some mouth action. If you're lucky, with in a few moments, he will put the book down and get to work. But....but. If your partner wraps those luscious lips around it and you hear the price is right sound? You know the one. Doo doo da dooo waaar. That's it. You're done forever. You lost the showcase showdown.

Erica: oh! So that's why Bob barker left.

Erich: exactly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 16/12/2015(UTC)