logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2015 02:39:53(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Chantal Hayes
Song: "Misfit"
Album: TBA
Label: Safe Haven Records

Review from Culture Uncut

One third of GirlSpice Chantal Hayes is back, continuing her launch as a solo pop star with her second release since going at it alone. Following the surprise success of "Worry No More", the star's debut single which hit number one, it's likely that Chantal's label Safe Haven Records will be taking her a lot more seriously; knowing now that she's a viable act to invest in, even without her bandmates Nadia and Sophia, who have both previously seen chart success for their solo work. Speaking of the release of her new single, Chantal stated, "It took a lot for me to get to this stage. The label weren't quite expecting my debut to be so big... which I fully expected, because I believe in myself and my music. So there was this sudden frenzy to put an album together, whereas before it was very relaxed and I was just going into record whenever I wanted to. Now I've had all this money thrown at me to make this record, rightfully so, so I can make it the best album possible for everyone. I really do think it'll be the very best of 2016."

Confident within her abilities, Chantal surely knows how to believe in herself and say what ever's on her mind, and her brand new single "Misfit" sums up the headstrong star in a short, punchy pop track that clocks at just over 3 minutes. Its sassy, slightly bitchy nature that comes across within the lyrics is exactly what we expect to hear from a solo Chantal song, with lines like "I ain't gotta do as you say, no / When I'm the main attraction" and "Turns out the best things in life are free / No more paying for your shit, no more living off of me". The song makes it seem like this guy she's dealing with is nothing but a user, but ultimately, it's a fun, feisty track that's about not letting a past relationship weigh you down. Instead of singing about how sad she is to have broken up, Chantal sings proudly about being a "messed up misfit", joyful over the breakup and welcoming this newly found single life with open arms.

While the song itself may be more predictable than the anthemic pop-rock nature of debut "Worry No More" with its upbeat, racing synths that sees Chantal turn into a full-blown dance-pop star for the first time since going solo, it's still a well-crafted track that one can easily imagine being hammered on radio in early 2016. Less unique and maybe even a little dated in sound, perhaps, but let's face it, Chantal was never going to be the new deep, powerhouse star on the scene with emotional lyrics and a guitar in hand. She knows what she's good at and what works for her, and she's happily stuck to it. Though it'll be nice to hear some more of those pop rock influences that we heard on her debut when her album finally comes. Don't let us down, Chantal!

"Misfit"

Sounds like:

Think I'm only here for you, well breaking news
You must be confused, cause you never had me to lose
I ain't gotta do as you say, no
When I'm the main attraction
I ain't gotta listen to you, no
Just for your satisfaction

Phone me up and I cut the call
Leave a message and I'll never get it
Yeah, I don't think you get it, get it
I get what I want and what I don't want is you, no
Pushed me hard, now I'm comin' back up, up
So I'll scream it out loud
I'm blocking you out, blocking you out

Finger on the trigger, I bite the bullet
Locked and loaded, aim it and shoot it
Just like a messed up misfit
I'm fired up like a cannonball
Pushed me hard, now I'm breakin' down the walls

Thought I'd be crying, begging down on my knees
And that I'd be hurting when you deserted me
Turns out the best things in life are free
No more paying for your shit, no more living off of me
Now you run your mouth
And while I'm on the up, you're goin' down, down
Meaningless apologies I expected, now you're runnin' back for more
But you know where's the door
And there ain't no second go
So just go, woah, oh, just go

Phone me up and I cut the call
Leave a message and I'll never get it
I get what I want and what I don't want is you, no
Pushed me hard, now I'm comin' back up, up
So I'll scream it out loud
I'm blocking you out, blocking you out

Now you've caused all this trouble
And what we made is in the rubble
I rise from the ashes like a deadly phoenix
You used to bring the fire and now I breathe it
Cause after the storm it's always calm
Until you're back in my palm

(x2)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 31/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 31/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 31/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 02/01/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2015 09:01:17(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: This is amazing! QUEEN. I don't really know what misfit means but it sure is a bop and I'm shaking. I'm NOT ready for 2016!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2015 12:22:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Aaron Styles: I really love this record, Chantal :) You have always been my favorite member from GirlSpice and it's nice to see you breaking out on your own and delivering such tunes like this! Already you've released two of my top songs this year so I know the album will be amazing. I also like that this is different from Worry No More, showing that you can do it all right? Can't wait for the 2016 album!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 01/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 01 January 2016 02:33:27(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alec: First I want to say that I apologize if you've felt in any way mistreated or overlooked at SHR if you'd tell me who it was that made you feel that way it'd be much appreciated miss Hayes because Safe Haven was in fact started to be and is still meant to be a safe place to record and release your music as I've stated quite a few times so if you or any of my other artists feel mistreated on the label I'd appreciate it if you spoke to me about it and spoke to me about who at the label was making you feel this way and now on to the song I've been a fan of GS for many years as you probably already know and I've been a fan of all of the girls solo careers and you're definitely no exception I'm so happy to see you putting out incredible songs like this and making a name on your own and proving that you're not just "Chantal from GirlSpice" but so much more you're honestly a truly gifted artist and this song shows that so well it really shows a lot of your personality that sass and spunk that everybody loves about you the production is honestly incredible and your vocals as always are incredible so great job here Chantal I already know that 2016 is going to be a HUGE year for you :)

ooc: I honestly don't know how you keep putting out these incredible lyrics but like I could actually imagine hearing this on these lyrics on the radio and loving it lol great job as always
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 01/01/2016(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 02 January 2016 08:04:33(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Eilidh: Do you know what one my favourite Girlspices is? All of them. Nadia and Chantal and Sophia and even the girl who left I think she was called Kimpossible. I love this song a lot and even though I wish all the Girlspices could be singing on it I still think it's the best song I have heard all this year :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2016 14:33:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lacy: This is amazing! It sounds like something Bianca would create or listen to, she likes loud music and this sounds loud to me. I honestly can see why GirlSpice was so successful for so long, I mean each of you brought something to the table. There was always something for everyone and while I won't lie, Sophia is def my favorite member, I know Bianca adooooores you and she's currently rocking out next to me replaying this song. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album though, "Worry No More" was such a jam!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 05 January 2016 03:05:38(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: This is amazing! QUEEN. I don't really know what misfit means but it sure is a bop and I'm shaking. I'm NOT ready for 2016!

Chantal: It's hard being such a queen, but someone's got to do it. xx

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Styles: I really love this record, Chantal :) You have always been my favorite member from GirlSpice and it's nice to see you breaking out on your own and delivering such tunes like this! Already you've released two of my top songs this year so I know the album will be amazing. I also like that this is different from Worry No More, showing that you can do it all right? Can't wait for the 2016 album!

Chantal: Thank you, Aaron. It's great to hear that there's still hope for some of the youth in the world... you have great taste.

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alec: First I want to say that I apologize if you've felt in any way mistreated or overlooked at SHR if you'd tell me who it was that made you feel that way it'd be much appreciated miss Hayes because Safe Haven was in fact started to be and is still meant to be a safe place to record and release your music as I've stated quite a few times so if you or any of my other artists feel mistreated on the label I'd appreciate it if you spoke to me about it and spoke to me about who at the label was making you feel this way and now on to the song I've been a fan of GS for many years as you probably already know and I've been a fan of all of the girls solo careers and you're definitely no exception I'm so happy to see you putting out incredible songs like this and making a name on your own and proving that you're not just "Chantal from GirlSpice" but so much more you're honestly a truly gifted artist and this song shows that so well it really shows a lot of your personality that sass and spunk that everybody loves about you the production is honestly incredible and your vocals as always are incredible so great job here Chantal I already know that 2016 is going to be a HUGE year for you :)

ooc: I honestly don't know how you keep putting out these incredible lyrics but like I could actually imagine hearing this on these lyrics on the radio and loving it lol great job as always

Chantal: *files her nails and looks uninterested* Mhm.. ahuh... yeah. Remind me why my boss is like half my age? Someone get this child's parents and then we'll talk.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Eilidh: Do you know what one my favourite Girlspices is? All of them. Nadia and Chantal and Sophia and even the girl who left I think she was called Kimpossible. I love this song a lot and even though I wish all the Girlspices could be singing on it I still think it's the best song I have heard all this year :)

Chantal: Well I should hope so, because we're not even a fucking week in yet.

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Lacy: This is amazing! It sounds like something Bianca would create or listen to, she likes loud music and this sounds loud to me. I honestly can see why GirlSpice was so successful for so long, I mean each of you brought something to the table. There was always something for everyone and while I won't lie, Sophia is def my favorite member, I know Bianca adooooores you and she's currently rocking out next to me replaying this song. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album though, "Worry No More" was such a jam!

Chantal: Girl... who the hell is Bianca and why can't this girl talk for herself? Thanks though, I'll pretend I didn't hear the part about Sophia being your fave. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/01/2016(UTC)