logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clampdown  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2016 12:27:00(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Some Pains Never Go Away
Artist: Henry Johanson
Release Date: January 15th, 2016 (Streaming and Airplay)
Length: 2:50
Genre: Folk
Written by: Henry Johanson
Appears in: [Album TBA]

Some Pains Never Go Away is the first single of 2016 from Canadian folk artist, Henry Johanson, after going off the grid for a series of months. No credible sources have confirmed where he went but it is implied that he briefly left Vancouver to write. This single was supposed to release in December but was held off by Johanson. Upon returning from his absence, he posted on Twitter stating "I'm not dead, just very inspired..." The meaning of said tweet implied the release of this single as well as a possible full length album.
The track is very different from his first EP "Speaking in Color" which was very upbeat and was a happier side of Henry. This song digs deeper into his absence as he sings about a seemingly rough breakup, which assumes he took on a relationship in his hiatus. It is assumed that this event will be of huge significance in his next release.
Henry has released two other singles prior to this one; one of which, "Wings", peaked at number five on the Airplay charts. Wings set the bar high for Some Pains Never Go Away, but Henry is likely more comfortable in the music industry, thus providing better music. Henry has yet to announce any partnership with labels but rumors have spread around about Henry joining various labels.
Some Pains Never Go Away is a relaxing song, it uses floaty guitar riffs and soft vocals to impose a somber feeling upon the listener. In the two minutes in fifty seconds, Henry barely goes out of the minimal vocal power his heavier songs are known for. The whole time, the listener is exposed to a side of Henry where he's just letting things happen. He has become nothing but a conscious observer, it shows that someone he cared about deeply left him. The overall meaning of the track is that if someone you love deeply leaves you, there will be pain. Even if you've blocked it out, the pain never really goes away. He wants the listener to relate to the feeling of laying in bed and suddenly thinking about a past relationship, it reopens wounds you thought healed.

Lyrics:

The bruises faded but still felt the throb
And I still felt a headache even though I slept it off
I swear I've come down from the pain meds but I still feel numb
Some pains will never go away

I woke up to the same alarm clock I've woken up to
Every night since you left me
Though If only I hadn't given you my heart

But you can seal them
You can pour a whole bottle of alcohol on it and hope it gets better

I took a long drive so I could clear out my thoughts
I looked to the empty passenger seat where you would sit
And I wondered what you're doing with my heart
But you can patch them up

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 8 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 16/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/01/2016(UTC), erich hess on 19/01/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 19/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 06/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 19 January 2016 04:22:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Traci: Great record, Henry. Wings was a song that I thoroughly enjoyed listening to and for it to have some crossover appeal without you even trying to make it so never hurts does it? Now this is definitely another favorite of mine. You've got a unique voice and I think this is a splendid follow up to your hit record. Nice fuckin'work.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Clampdown on 19/01/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2016 04:50:55(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: wow. I haven't been folked like this in ages.

Karoliena: stop. Please. Its like the world's worst dad joke.

Erich: Henry,that folking made my toes curl.

Karoliena: stop.

Erich: I mean it. I didn't think it was possible to be folked this hard. Esepcially In public.

Karoliena: Jesus Christ...I'm just going to go over here. Come get me when you're done.

Erich: this is the kind of folking where you don't care if the neighbors hear. Fuck it, You don't even care if they see! You want them to see the look in your glassy eyes as your ear holes are folked good and proper.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 19 January 2016 05:44:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Carmen: As you know I'm all here to support my fellow Canadian artists especially when they release music like this I've never been big on Folk but I can literally feel that changing actually it started to change when you released "Wings" maybe you're an exception or maybe you're like a gateway folk music drug that's going to make me fall in love with the genre who knows but regardless this is incredible great job Henry
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2016 07:48:00(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
EzraOfficial: I'm a fan since your first work and I think you topped yourself with this song. Your lyrics are always close to perfection, and I can relate with the lyrics. It's deep. Hopefully I will get you on the show sometime! Lots of lovee xx
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Clampdown on 20/01/2016(UTC)