logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2016 11:30:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Title: Unbreakable
Length: 6.42 (Album Version) / 3.37 (Radio Edit)
Genre: Dance-Pop, Pop
Label: FREEDOM
Written By: Lacy Brown, Katie Isaackson
Produced By: Xenomania
Taken From The Album: Live For The Weekend
SOUND LIKE: Girls Aloud - Untouchable

_________________________________________________________________________________________

2016 has been a slow start for many, but now we are into February it could be the start of a new era for many faces old and new and that is no different for British girl group The Dolls, the group have been pretty much non existant in the charts for some time, the group last released back in January of 2015, when they released there reggae infused single "High On Your Love", which was there first single as a quartet following the departure of Elle Mills in the latter end of 2014, since then the group has been silently and unknowingly to fans been hard at work perfecting there second album, which is there first with out Elle, the album which is due out this year is called "Live For The Weekend", the album marks the return of a dance sound for the group.

The new single from the group is called "Unbreakable" the song was written by members Lacy Brown and Katie Isaackson and is produced by Xenomania, who has worked with many artists over the years most notably for fellow girl groups Girls Aloud and The Saturdays, the production by Xenomania marks the first time the group have really used an outside there label producer, with the majority of there previous singles and album being produced by their label boss Neavah Martinez, the single it's self talks about love so clearly Lacy and Katie wrote the track together and found inspiration from there respective partners, the lyrics also showcase a new style of writing for the group as the lyrics are in places a little more daring but also lyrics stronger than before, the group look to relight the charts up with this track and bring a bit off fire to a seemingly fading girl group scene.

"Unbreakable" is a dance-pop and electropop track and sets the tone and overall sound for there upcoming album which would appear to be a more dance inspired record than there last, the track is also one of the longest track released by a girl group with the album version of the song being six minutes and forty-two seconds in length however a shorten radio version of the track comes in at three minutes and thirty-seven seconds, both version of the track are set for release through FREEDOM records on February 10th, 2016 and will mark the lead single of there upcoming second album.

CRITICAL RECEPTION

"Unbreakable" received generally favourable reviews from music critics. Slant Magazine said that it was "one of The Dolls finest achievements to date." John Earls of Planet Sound labelled the song "the standout track of the groups career", drawing comparisons with both DJ Sasha and the rave music of the 1990s. It was praised by NME, described as "post-Ibiza power-balladeering". The song was referred to as "fast, electronic and fantastic" with an immense build-up to the chorus by Popjustice writer Known Mayweather. BBC Music felt "the Balearic bliss of epic seven minute marathon Unbreakable proves that you don't have to be brassy or loud to be brilliant." Digital Spy said the song "serves as the centrepiece" for the upcoming the album and that even the radio edit "remains surprising, thrilling and strangely moving - in short, a classic well crafted pop song by The Dolls". However, MSN said "the plodding disco track falls short of their expectations". CBBC declared, it "seems to want to be a ballad and a dance track leaving the listener a little confused." GayNZ.com stated that the song "works....but possibly not as well as the group were expecting."

MusicForYourSoul.com stated that although it is "not what you'd necessarily expect from the gorgeous girl group,"the song a fantastic melody". The song was described as "more interesting than the average pop nugget, due to it's futuristic vibe." Digital Spy referred to the single as "a cute, wistful pop song" with "some nice futuristic touches in the production and a lovely, classic-sounding melody" that "grows more with every listen." It was praised for its "heavenly sweet vocals and a chorus that glides in and scoops you up in its arms." Rebecca Nicholson of The Guardian felt the song was "disappointing" because "The Dolls producers have always been capable of making exciting and innovative pop music". However, Caroline Sullivan of the same publication thought the song was a highlight "nothing hits the spot like the futuristic-like single, one of this year's best track thus far." John Murphy of musicOMH.com argued that although "it may lack the innovation and attitude of some of their previous work, but if you're looking for sparkling, fresh and sheer bloody fun pop music, then there's nobody better right now than this track."

LYRICS

Melva | Katie | Laura | Lacy | All

Through fire and flames were here
Now crying babe without fear
We've been having pain for long
When I stare at you it's all gone
Through fire and flames were bright
Learning to fly through water so hold tight
With all the ways this could go wrong
But when I share at you its all gone

And in dreams it seems like we are falling to the floor
When you're here, oooh, we're unbreakable
And in the dream it feels like we aren't ever falling down
We're locked secure and we're unbreakable

It's only here when you not around
I'm walking through flames, the fire goes down (oh oh)

And only you can save love now
I need you there to work me out (oh oh)

I know that it shouldn't be so hard
And sometimes we're crying in the flames

But you burn out everywhere I roam
And I know that my heart shouldn't be going so fast
And sometimes we're drowning with the sparks
But you burn up and lock me out the flames

It's only here when your not around
The fire in my head is burning now (oh oh)

I know that it shouldn't be so hard
And sometimes we're crying in the flames

But you burn out everywhere I roam
And I know that my heart shouldn't be going so fast
And sometimes we're drowning with the sparks
But you burn up and lock me out the flames

Whenever you go (go) the fire waits at the door
And everything's burning up some more
Without any real reason, we're just flesh and bones
Like dead mannequins dancing alone
Whenever you go (go) the fire waits at the door
And everything's burning up some more
Without any real reason, we're just flesh and bones
Like dead mannequins dancing alone

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 10 February 2016 11:33:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 10/02/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 10/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 11/02/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2016 02:49:02(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Okay....what the actual hell are these lyrics? I don't understand, who wrote these? They are really weird, or are they supposed to be like that? I dont know, I don't really enjoy this as a comeback single. You guys should regroup and come back stronger than this. You ladies are beautiful and talented. Don't flop into oblivion with mediocrity like this.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Lastrevio on 13/03/2016(UTC)