logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2016 06:14:13(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Never Sing Goodbye (Ft. Amy Meyer) - Reported Failure
From the album TBD (2016)
Produced by Ryan Ross Hernandez and Reported Failure
Released thru Songs to Love and Die By
Genre: Indie-Rock

This band needs no introduction. Whether you are a fan of their early emo records, the middle years of raging punk and post-hardcore, their most recent albums "Rome" and "Lie In," or you hate their music, Reported Failure have become undeniable. Their name carries as much weight for modern rock n roll as Vanity or Isabel carries for pop. They've shaken the scene up since they broke through in 2011, and they're back to do it all again in 2016 starting with their new single "Never Sing Goodbye"

It's no secret Reported Failure have been hard at work on their eighth album. A few months ago they leaked "Sweat" a demo that got mosh pit types excited due to its autobiographical lyrics about playing basement shows and its gritty loud sound. But it lacked the pop sensibility of a lead single. If you were looking for a continuation of RF proving their heavy metal credibility as they did on "Lie In," this single may not be for you. "Never Sing Goodbye (ft. Amy Meyer)" is decidedly indie rock and mellow. Ryan Ross Hernandez joined the guys and Amy at Ocean Way Recordings in LA to record the track. This is the first time RRH has produced for Reported Failure. The two have contentious history from back when Vin Peters and Ryan Ross Hernandez worked together as owners of Nomad Records. Peters sold his share and then RRH turned the label in to North Hill Records. This created beef, but today they have moved on. "We met up and buried the hatchet. It was along time ago and I'm glad to have the chance to record this album with Ryan, he's a true legend and a force in the studio. He has brought out sounds we didn't know we could make" said Peters.

The song embodies a promotion single. The first line speaks of "Everybody lining up for the headline show." This describes us, Reported Failure's patient audience, and the band is the show. We listen to this song as we wait for #LP8. The band does their best to reveal very little with the song. They sing about topics to lighten the heart: youth, living in the moment, dreams, and music itself. For the song, music is how you stay young, reach your wildest dreams, and live the call of the wild. The lyrics are short and to the point. The most important lyric for the song is probably "The music is from you more than its from me." The purpose of the song is more than just get the fans hyped, it is deeper. RF empowers the listener to see the spirit of the music in themselves, without needing the song to do it.

Amy Meyer is the perfect fir for the feature not just because she is also a legend, but because throughout their careers Amy/Riot! in the Boulevard and Reported Failure have been fans of each other's music. So when she joins the lyrics become a sort of dialogue between an artist and a fan even though they are both artists. Neither Amy or Billie go all out vocally. Instead the song is on the chill side. Billie sings the beginning alone but Amy joins in at the last line of the first verse and they sing together for most of the song (Indicated in Bold).

Vin: I signed Riot! in the Boulevard to Nomad Records in 2011. I take no credit for their rise; they are a force in their own rite, but we have known them since they got started and have collaborated before on the single "The Call." We've toured a lot of times and together our bands represent the biggest chunk of the rock scene for the past five years as we proved to release consistent music. It was a delight to work with Amy again!

Billie: Amy Meyer is such a signature rock star in our time. We worked together a lot on the album "Darkness." I have also been known to cover some of the songs she has written. I admire her songwriting I think its influenced how I approach songs. I think our relatonship makes it easy to sing these lyrics with her.

On "Never Sing Goodbye (ft. Amy Meyer)" the group flips from guitar driven hard rock on their last album, to rhythmic indie written for the radio. Soft drums and light fuzz guitar echo out the intro. Matt leads a charge in volume playing simply the root notes. The song bursts bright with the entrance of acoustic guitar piano and a charming guitar lick that stays to the sideline. Billie's voice sounds fresh and healthy he does not over-sing at all but projects his masterful timbre. Amy also stays low-key harmonizing with Billie at the end of the verse. Between the piano and acoustic guitar chords, a second keyboard melody, Vin's artful lead guitar soaking in and out mixed left and right, and Billie and Amy's ad libbed "Oh" and "Ah," the song forms a melodic wall of sound. The vocal combination on the verse builds a tension that gets released at the pickup as the chorus runs on. Billie and Amy's voices cherry together atop the ice creamy soundscape. Their cat and mouse chorus is all the people need to press repeat, so the chorus itself repeats multiple times.

Everybody's lining up for the headline show
And I got a secret that will soothe their souls
The muses told me and I want you to know
You can be young when you grow old
You can be young when you grow old

The band plays tonight for the last time
And we're not gonna stop 'til the world ends
So live in the moment it can last forever
Tap on toes to make the heart song better
And feed the feeling for another night

I was born to live in the spotlight shine
Your beating heart is the same as mine
The call of the wild became my crazy life
And we're together when its dark or light
I'll die before I give up my mic
You'll live forever in the airplay sky
So sing with me for the final time
And we will never sing goodbye

I think I know what you want from me
To release the key to your wildest dreams
Baby here's one thing I need you to see
The music is from you more than its from me
The music is from you more than its from me

WE WILL NEVER SING GOODBYE

Edited by user 05 April 2016 04:10:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 8 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/04/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 04/04/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 04/04/2016(UTC), PANIC! on 08/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/04/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 12/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 23/04/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2016 18:20:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Amy: It was a pleasure to get the opportunity to work with you guys again. I've always made it clear that Reported Failure are one of the biggest influences on Riot!. This was a fun song to be a part of and I can't wait for the album. I feel like both our bands are always destined to be intertwined with one another and hope that this continues throughout our careers. Who knows? maybe there could be something even bigger between us in the future. I definitely feel like a co-headline tour needs to happen pretty soon ...
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/04/2016(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2016 15:50:04(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: It's funny how things come full circle, eventually. Two years ago I would have said getting Vin Peters and myself in a room together would have never happened again due to the past history there with all the behind the scenes, record industry politics. Here we are though; having spent weeks in the studio with these guys, helping the crafting of their next project. An experience which I am extremely humbled to be a part of. Throw in the fact that with this song I was able to be behind the soundboards for both Reported Failure and Amy Meyer, it's like a musical haven for a producer. I don't think I need to say anything about Amy Meyer. Everyone knows my respect admiration for her and the music she creates with Riot. RF and Amy with her crew represent a (sadly) dying breed in music today, in that they are BANDS, not groups. I am proud of the work we were able to create in the studio and look forward to when it's out for consumption. Also, if there is a co-headlining tour, I expect a little spot to be reserved for me on stage for a night or two so I can have a good old fashion jam session with both bands. I'm just saying. I got cred with the kids.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/04/2016(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#4 Posted : 13 April 2016 18:00:22(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Amy: It was a pleasure to get the opportunity to work with you guys again. I've always made it clear that Reported Failure are one of the biggest influences on Riot!. This was a fun song to be a part of and I can't wait for the album. I feel like both our bands are always destined to be intertwined with one another and hope that this continues throughout our careers. Who knows? maybe there could be something even bigger between us in the future. I definitely feel like a co-headline tour needs to happen pretty soon ...

Billie: We have really influenced each other over the year. To continue on this journey as artists and continue to feel influenced by your work and create new music together is a thrill and a privilege. Touring together again would be a career highlight. We in the rock world have to continue to empower each other as the genre's fate continues to be uncertain.

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: It's funny how things come full circle, eventually. Two years ago I would have said getting Vin Peters and myself in a room together would have never happened again due to the past history there with all the behind the scenes, record industry politics. Here we are though; having spent weeks in the studio with these guys, helping the crafting of their next project. An experience which I am extremely humbled to be a part of. Throw in the fact that with this song I was able to be behind the soundboards for both Reported Failure and Amy Meyer, it's like a musical haven for a producer. I don't think I need to say anything about Amy Meyer. Everyone knows my respect admiration for her and the music she creates with Riot. RF and Amy with her crew represent a (sadly) dying breed in music today, in that they are BANDS, not groups. I am proud of the work we were able to create in the studio and look forward to when it's out for consumption. Also, if there is a co-headlining tour, I expect a little spot to be reserved for me on stage for a night or two so I can have a good old fashion jam session with both bands. I'm just saying. I got cred with the kids.

Matt: Go Ryan! Hell of a producer, this guy is, ya'll gotta prepare yourself for the other stuff he's been helping us serve up. So glad him and Vin got over it. Not saying I never talked shit but I wasn't the most involved I never really knew what I was talking about haha. Bands are still strong!

Vin: I'm really glad we got to work together on this project. Working with Ryan Ross Hernandez has been bringing out a sound we believe moves us forward as a band and helps us to keep relevant this deep in to our career. We owe this man and so does our entire community for the masterpieces he has created throughout such a fruitful career!

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly