logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2016 05:06:26(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: April 16, 2016
Label: Permanent Reminder
Format: Digital Download, CD
Recorded: April 2016
Genre: Rap/ Hip-Hop
Writer: Tealiyah Phuong
Producer: Tealiyah Phuong

Background

There was once a moment where female rappers took over the scene and push what it means to be a rap artist. Now are they? Bagging goods, waiting tables, ghostwriting, the years haven't been kind to female rappers and maybe Permanent Reminder staff were quick on the draw to know that this genre has hit its peak was was going to decline in the coming years. For the indie hip-hop label, they started out when into a more pop sound and look with a HUGE push by Lincoln Keaton and his single bang the drum. All of this didn't sit well with Liyah, one of the early members of PR which decided to stick around when Matt Young stepped down. Since then Liyah has been in a battle with Selene Cassadine, Candice Cortez, and Symoné Banks over her music, her sound, her lyrics, and rebranding. It isn't a secret that Liyah and Kidd Amaze had a close friendship even before getting signed my PR. Often she talked about how she felt disrespected by Matt but also by Kidd that they would just leave and have her in the dark on a lot of the things that were going on. As far as promotion she received little to nothing as a budget for her sophomore album that was entitled [color=darkred]GROWTH[/color]. Instead, what she did was take all of this experience that she had to face in the past two years and went to music studio called the Dungeon and within a month recorded her album without any masters or engineers behind her. What came out was strong raw that is aggressive, assertive, and what she wanted to tell the world. The seven track EP is released under Permanent Reminder as a means to get out of her 1 album contract.

Track Listing
1) Sorry
2) Don't Play
3) It's Over
4)Stay ready
5)Mornings
6)Not Sorry
7) Whats next

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 07/04/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 07/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 07/04/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 07/04/2016(UTC), Lastrevio on 08/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/04/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/04/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2016 18:46:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Kara: Yes! I don't think I'm ready for this, but I feel like I need this E.P in my life right now! I know you're ready to kill girl, go get em'!