logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2016 04:31:03(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

ABOUT

ThatMusicSite as you know it was birthed in 2013, stemming from the highly acclaimed daily music column, tentatively titled ThatMusicColumn, which featured in British newspaper, The Guardian. The brainchild of avid pop music lovers William Farrelly and Nia Grant has been highly regarded as a vital support system for upcoming artists due to the overwhelming amount of hits the site receives on a daily basis as well as the ever growing number of members signing up for the forums. The website seeks to celebrate commercial pop music and "absolutely makes no bones about it". The writing style has been commended for mixing a passion for music with a biting wit. It has been dubbed as "funny, ardent and well informed about the subject". Satirical interviews with artists are held, the most notable being the "50 Hard Hitting Questions With..." which is infamous for breaking away from the "norm" in terms of its questioning. Open discussion forums have been in place since January 2016. The site is run independently and has contacts within the music industry.

IF YOU AGREE WITH MOST OF BELOW, THIS MAY BE THE SITE FOR YOU

We love pop. We adore BOPS.

There is no written rule saying that a ballad cannot be amazing. Yes, we'd prefer an uptempo "sad banger" but in many situations one can pull off a soaring ballad and it's OK to like it. No longer shall we feel like a middle-aged single parent or a lonely old woman when we listen to a slow tempo song and find it tugging on our heart strings and enjoying it.

While this site is predominantly aimed at pop music fans, we appreciate all good music so please excuse the odd R&B or Grime track slipping through the cracks and changing your life.

Country music will rarely make an appearance though. It sucks. Balls.

Music can be taken to a whole new level when an artist makes it look so easy. When it looks like they're aren't trying though, we just want to slap them. They clearly don't care so don't deserve our hard earned coins.

We also hate it when an artist tries too hard.

There is a huge difference between a "terrible pop star" and a "terrible person". Don't get it twisted.

A terrible pop star can be a wonderful person and even extremely talented. They can just be extremely lazy, make the wrong business decisions and not know how to play the "game".

A terrible person can be a totally amazing pop star and have multiple "bangers" under their belt yet still be an axe murderer.

Adam Black is just terrible all round.

We may be die hard fans of certain artists but we certainly do not fall victim to the trends of being in a "fandom". In other words, we know that not every move an artist makes will be amazing. We can admit that one of our favourite artists may very well release a shit song now and again. It's OK to listen to an Isabel album and say "tracks 2 and 7 were crap".

Likewise, we can admit that a God awful person has the ability to surprise just as much as Pop Royalty can disappoint. We love music. We shouldn't let a celebrity's personal life overshadow good pop songs. You CAN like a song and still think the person behind it is a knob.

While the snobby critics may not give an act the time of day if they aren't 100% involved in their music like Deneil, we can appreciate most if not all "artistes". While we love Deneil's music and the man himself for writing, producing, performing and releasing everything on his lonesome, we can appreciate Eilidh for turning up and totally nailing a track written and composed by people she doesn't even know.

Pitting two artists against each other isn't our bag...unless it's a bloody fight to the death in a two-way quiz.

Not every artist "gets it". Isabel, Nadia Berry, Weekend, SYNCO, Chaelin all get it. The right image, the right promotion campaign, the right endorsements and the right single choices. Everything is thought out, thrown in the bin, thought out again and perfectly packaged. Some "don't get it" but that's OK. Kourtney and Mercedes have the messiest release schedules the world has known and don't seem to know what the word "promotion" means. They don't "get it". We still love them though.

If a song reaches number one, it doesn't mean it's good. Granted, most of them are deserving but the general public can buy utter rubbish. If it misses the Top 40, don't dismiss it as irrelevant. Good music is good music regardless of chart positioning.

Dustyn is the best member of Weekend.

Chantal is the best member of Girl Spice.

This is the best music website out there.

UserPostedImage

Take a look back at some of the past participants of our infamous interrogations:

Vara Gallo
Blake Williams
Joey Frankson
Erich Hess
Dustyn Blue
Daniel
Nadia Berry
Christopher Hudson
Kato

ooc: Always looking for more people to take part in these :)

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 06 February 2020 07:06:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 22/04/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 22/04/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/04/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/04/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 31/05/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2016 09:32:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

DROP EVERYTHING!! Seriously, we do recommend that you sit yourself down and place all items in your possession down safely as what you're about to hear is a world exclusive that will leave you bald, as the cool kids say. I've never used that phrase before in my life but one of my female friends had a sufficiently smaller amount of weave after listening to this than she did before unsuspectingly sitting down and sliding in her earphones, totally unprepared for what she was about to experience. No, this is not the best song in the world and that is a title that will never truly find a rightful owner but this track really is a strong contender and, for millions out there, "life changing" etc.

You may know him as 1/5 of Weekend. You may know him for his beautiful exotic looks. You may know him for his foul mouth and seemingly endless supply of comebacks. You may simply know him for his big pierced penis that he likes to showcase. What you may not know is that Bilal Shaeen Khan or "Billy" is a terrific songwriter, vocalist and producer. Here we have his FIRST solo offering. Yes, it was LEAKED and is rumoured to only be a demo(!?) but aside from the mISTER_b collaboration, this is the first time Weekenders and the rest of the world have heard Mr Khan do his own thing on a track. According to ASCAP, this song registered as "BETTER THE DEVIL" was written solely by the lovable sex crazed cake baker and is believed to be also produced by the man himself too. The track does sound like it could also be the work of his younger brother, Deneil, so it's potentially still a Khan production either way. Such talented siblings. Of course, nowhere near Adam and Elyar...but still...

"Better The Devil" is a mid-tempo R&B track if you want to be bland and rather disrespectful about it. The song is better described as experimental and assertive slice of R&B, forming a perfect concoction of the aforementioned genre along with a helping of synthpop and a dash of soul. Add in some tribal percussion and a not-so-subtle synth loop (ah, that incredible synth!) and Billy has managed to create a tightly-constructed and slickly-produced piece of art. Lyrically, the song centers around Billy, who is desperate to break out of bad habits - namely getting high and being a recluse. However, it's the only way of life he knows and having been shot down while trying to enter other social circles, he feels far safer with his demons at home as he knows them and they know him. The outside world is a fucking scary place, basically.

Billy stated that he is working on his debut studio album, set for release in either late 2016 or early 2017 after Weekend announced that they would be going on a year-long break after their third studio album. One thing you must take note of is that this song is NOTHING like anything Weekend have released before. Whether you love Weekend or not, take that into consideration before clicking the link below. You'll be taken on a journey. You'll either be disappointed by his new sound and hold out for a solo effort from Scott "The Voice" Wellington instead or fucking kick yourself for liking a piece of work produced by a Weekend member and start doubting yourself as you slowly feel yourself becoming a fan of Billy, the notorious loudmouth. It is also interesting to see how Billy, only the THIRD most prominent vocalist behind Oscar Ward and Dustyn Blue could produce something of such high quality. God knows what the rest of that amazing quintet have to offer us over the next year. Blimey!

It's better the devil I know
I'm safer with him, I'm safer with him
And as much as I want to let go
It's better to let him win, let him win

All I ever wanted was a white picket scene,
Sweet vanilla skies and a whole new twist on my reality
But here I lay, succumbed, it's much safer in bed
I'm fucking higher than this hair upon my head

All I ever wanted was that one ticket dream
To medevac me right out of my own little World War III
Horizon is beautiful but can't step off these old familiar rails
Hanging on to old habits with chipped and dirty fingernails

These four walls don't judge as I start another fire
Blaze yesterday away, smoke clears and I feel a little brighter
I can swing from the chandeliers at my own personal party
Can't step out into their sun because I'm never invited

I like to lose myself staring deep into my coffee cup, my coffee cup
Professional daydreamer with no solid plans, I love to make it all up
Master procrastinator, chain smoker, desperately wanting to break routines
But these satanic shadows always overcloud small moments of clarity
Outside of the box looks like a picture perfect escape from all this shit
But they don't know me like my demons do - don't think they could handle it

You'd think that I'd be numb when I fall down to my knees
Sip of something funky still don't stop my heart bleed
Just lay me down and bury me underground alongside my youth
One track mind always rammed off course so what's the use?

This reflection always judges, wanna set him on fire
Burning off all the shame, shed it all to feel a little lighter
Last night is a kaleidoscopic blur, not even present at my own party
Awoke naked and dazed, reminder of why I am never invited

All I ever wanted was a white picket scene...
All I ever wanted was that one ticket dream...
Still desperately wanting to break routines...
Why I gotta go fuck up my clarity?

Can Be Compared To:

9/10
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 22/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 22/04/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/04/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2016 12:29:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: fuck it. Take me now,Billy. Or I'll take you.I don't care which. I had to run out and buy a weave after this. It....didn't get snatched. Its still just kinda sitting on the table. Maybe I didn't buy the right one?

Nina: too right you bought the wrong one,love. It looks like Richard Simmons pubic hair. Nobody wants to touch that. It smells like someone's been sweating to the oldies....where'd you get this weave?

Erica:....I may not have bought it.I may have just pocketed barbershop floor hair.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/04/2016(UTC), Lastrevio on 22/04/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 19 May 2016 12:21:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

A D A MB E N J A M I N

The first thing we wanted to know as soon as you agreed to do the interview is...and it's a tough one...what is your cereal of choice?

“Oh man, starting with the tough ones. I’ve always been a Lucky Charms man myself. Although quite recently I tried a cereal called Crazy Cow. That was a special day. It turns plain milk into Strawberry flavoured milk. Best.Day.Ever!”

You're on a dating website. Your life depends on getting a date. In three sentences, sell yourself.

“I’ll go one better. I’ll sell myself in three words … Spectacularly Average Manboy”

Top three songs in Riot! In The Boulevard's discography?

“I’m not really a fan of their work if I’m being totally honest. The whole pop-punk thing is laaaame and Amy Meyer sucks the butts of massive sweaty Las Vegas pimps. But I guess if I had to pick three songs it would be, “This is a Hostile Takeover”, “We are the Half-Moon Kids” and “Sweet Little Fantasies”. Because I don’t remember any of the other ones.”

What totally grosses you out?

“Amy’s face”

What would we find if we opened up your fridge?

“CHEESE! … and maybe some ham and milk and yoghurts. Although I haven’t been home for around three weeks now, so I have a feeling there’s gonna be a pretty interesting aroma when I return.”

What is your earliest memory?

“Sore subject … I have amnesia.”

What was the first car you had?

“When I was a kid I had one of those yellow plastic cars with the lady bug roof. Does that count?”

Artists obviously love their fans/supporters/sickly cute fandom name people but some can be overzealous and well...fucking nuts. Has a fan ever made you fear for your own safety?

“No, but I think there’s been a few times when I made our fans fear for their own safety. I get a bit carried away when I see their faces.”

Who told you about the birds and the bees?

“The Caterpillars and the Butterflies, but they told me not to tell the Spiders and the Moths. We don’t interact with the Spiders and the Moths. They know what they did.”

Which toe is your favourite?

“My little toe because I feel like he always gets squashed in my shoes. Poor little toe.”

Ever looked back on a song you released either as a solo act or with Riot! and thought; "This is shit! What was I thinking? How can people like this??!"

“I didn’t release it, but I did write a song called “Bend Over Miss” for Payton. I regret that and I apologize for helping to introduce the universe to his music. It keeps me awake every night. I’m trying to come up with a gesture big enough for me to be redeemed for my sin, but so far I have had no luck”

Tell us a secret.

“Amy Meyer loves the sex. Shhhhh”

What would the title of your autobiography be?

“Throwing Stones at Pigeons – The Life and Times of Adam Benjamin”

You can choose four other artists to join you, Adam "Death To Benji" Benjamin, and form a kickass supergroup. Who would you choose and why?

“Miami … because the amount of time we’d have to spend with each other would surely be enough for me to convince her to fall in love with me. I’ve thought about this a lot and It’s the only way I stand a chance. Chaelin because the Asian musician thing is pretty hot right now and I’m a businessman first, a musician second. Kato because … well we’re gonna need a female following and Dustyn because it would probably be lame if he wasn’t part of it. I feel like he’d be the glue that held us all together.”

Let's set the record straight. What is THE BEST city to perform in?

“Whichever city we’re performing in next. I’m a people pleaser, leave me be!”

Have you ever done a fart you were super proud of? Recall the life changing moment.

“There have been far too many to choose just one. I do let them go on stage more than anywhere else though. Thank god I stay away from the microphone.”

What is your favourite song you've ever written?

“I’m yet to write a good song. But I will surely tell you when I do!”

Recount a fabulous night which only celebrities will be able to relate to. We can't all party with Rum & Coke or go skiing with Riley Hamilton, you know!

“Nothing beats going skiing with Riley Hamilton. Am I right, celebrities? *high fives*”

What is the best thing you've ever tasted?

“The tears of my sorrow”

Why did you decide to pursue a career in the music business?

“Because apparently I don’t have the legs to be a go-go dancer and I don’t have the breasts to work at hooters”

If you could steal anyone else's voice in the industry, whose would it be?

“I think I’d steal Tisha Jacksons voice and stomp on it until stopped.”

On a scale of one to ten, where would you rank your vocal ability?

“It’s over 9,000”

On a scale of one to ten, where would you rank your writing ability?

“Somewhere between painfully cliché and hilariously obnoxious”

If you were King of the World (currently a positioned held by Billy Khan), what would your first enforced rule be?

“Make sure Billy Khan is actually dead. I don’t want anybody trying to get their crown back … also, naked July’s.”

Would you rather use eye drops made of vinegar or toilet paper made from sandpaper?

“Toilet paper made from sandpaper. My tushy is insanely soft, it could stand to be taken down a peg or two.”

What is your favourite show to watch on Netflix? Choose ONLY ONE.

“I don’t watch Netflix. I just sang about it in the song because … product placement is a wonderful thing. So is the money you get from it which is stored in my Gianni Versace wallet, which I bought when I drove to their store in my Aston Martin car.”

You seem like a very placid and delightful man. Now tell us about a time where you really went ape shit and fucking scary.

“Amy stole my cheese! … need I say any more?”

What was the first album you ever bought?

“I believe it was the Lion King soundtrack. Naaaaaaaaa Sawenyaaaaaa Eat Mama Cita’s Pizza!”

What is your favourite Snapchat feature?

“Vomiting Rainbow”

Has anyone ever asked to work with you and you've been reluctant because, quite frankly, they're shit?

“No … I have no standards. I worked with Payton, remember?”

What makes the perfect sandwich?

“Ideally bread and some sort of filling. But Cheese and Ham, bitches!”

Riot! releasing a remixed version of Hostile Takeover was a brilliant idea. Honestly, who is the best rapper on the album?

“The answer should be Adam Benjamin, but they wouldn’t let me rap. So I’mma have to say Lotus, she’s so cool. She’s basically everything I want to be, but with a penis of course.”

You have your foreskin caught in your zipper. Which member of Weekend do you trust most not only to help you out of your ordeal but to also keep quiet about the situation?

“Oscar, he just seems like a nice dude. Plus Eilidh may be with him and we could chat about care bears and unicorns during the ordeal.”

What annoys you most about the music industry today?

“The fact that nobody will give me Sophia’s number.”

If you were toast, what would you like to have spread on you?

“Baby oil! … Boom. Made it sexual! Next question!”

How many celebrities have you seen naked?

“Weirdly, more than you’d probably expect. Also do I count myself in that?”

You're hopefully toilet trained by now but have you ever been caught short?

“Not for a long time now. There have been a lot of close calls, sharing a one toilet tour bus with more than three other people is a challenge.”

Would you pose nude (full frontal) for $1,000,000? A lot of stars do it for free.

“Yes. Definitely. SHOW ME THE MONEY!”

If you could steal a totally AMAZING song - a song that puts the rest of your work to shame - and knew you could get away with it, would you?

“Yes, I’ve been trying to get my hands on some of Lotus’s songs and pass them off as my own. Apparently they could tell that I didn’t write them though.”

Have you ever been mistaken for another celebrity. In all honesty, the resemblance between yourself and Kidd Amaze is uncanny.

“Somebody once said I looked like Miami, I was shaking my white ass furiously at the time though.”

What is your worst habit?

“Talking to people.”

Worst on-stage moment?

“I head-butted Amy once, she had to go offstage for about 15 minutes. I made jokes about how they couldn’t tell if she was bleeding or if it was just her hair. She didn’t laugh”

What is your favourite insult to use?

“So is your face”

Would you rather wear a snow suit in the desert or be naked in Antarctica?

“Snow suit in the desert. You can take the suit off. Boom! Not my first brainteaser.”

I was super starstruck bumping into the guy from the old Halifax adverts. Have you ever been so starstruck that you are glued to the spot?

“All the big names. I saw Nadia Berry at an awards show once and I could not find the courage to go over and speak to her. She’s too beautiful for me to speak to.”

You seem the type who prefers a cuddling only relationship but we're just going to come out and ask it. Where is the strangest place you've had sex?

“I once got passionate in a public swimming pool.”

The way to Adam Benjamin's heart is.....

“Directly through his chest. Preferably quick and unexpected.”

Music wise, what does the rest of 2016 hold for Mr Benjamin?

“Riot! stuff, tour, album and then maybe some Benjamin stuff.”

List five albums that our readers should check out before they die.

“1) Riot! in the Boulevard (2011), 2) Cradle to the Grave (2012), 3) Crossroads (2012), 4) Wild Young Things (2013), 5) Boycott Love (2014). If you can’t promote yourself then who can you promote.”

Lastly, do you have any words of wisdom to impart on our...five readers?

“Even if you think it’s gonna be a quiet fart, do not take the risk.”
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 19/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/05/2016(UTC), erich hess on 19/05/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/05/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 22/05/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 31/05/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/06/2016(UTC)