logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2016 02:15:08(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

Chloe - LIFE IS STRANGE

UserPostedImage

Artist: Chloe
Title: Life is Strange
Release Date: June 1st (Streaming), June 1st, 2016 (Airplay)
June 1st, 2016 (Digital)
Length: 4:20/ Radio Edit: 3:50
Genre: Alternative Hip Hop, Electronic, Conscience Rap
Songwriters: Chloe Smith
Producers: Harry Fraud
Label: Studio60
From The Album: TBA (Q4 2016)

It's finally summer and already 2016 has had some eventful musical moments. Despite some spouts of quietness, artists have wasted no time in delivering music from all fronts whether it be pop, r&B and the most recent revitalization of rock music thanks to acts like Oh Captain|My Captain and Reported Failure delivering music this year, among others. One artist that we haven't heard from in quite some time, and one who is no stranger to drifting and experimenting through many different genre's is Chloe. Chloe emerged on the scene five years ago and has gone on to make a huge name for herself. The fresh-faced Londoner emerged as versatile damsel that seemed to swim through all types of genre's so easily. This was showcased in her debut album "Elements Of Chloe" released in January of 2013. After her debut single, "Cupids Twin" reached the top three position on the radio charts, Chloe seemed to rise to stardom in no time. In the next few months she released even more records from her debut like "He's Gonna Cry", "Tales From The Crazy Mouth" which showed off her fiery rap skills and massive crossover single W.T.F , a collaboration with the legendary Vanity. Chloe solidified herself as a force to be reckon with and music and after touring she entered the studio to work on the follow up to her next album. During this time, she released successful singles in preparation for the new album which included 24 hrs, Liberation, and Never Gonna Dance Again. Unfortunately the album was pushed back multiple times and even renamed. Chloe took a brief hiatus from music in early 2014 citing "mental exhaustion" and the fact that her fast rising fame caused her to feel like a prisoner. For some time, fans of Chloe were often worried about Chloe's safety and whether or not she was going to make a return to music. On many internet blogs, Chloe was often said to be "over".

Chloe proved her haters wrong when she returned with "Born Free" and announced the new title of her new album of the same name. The singe became yet another major success for Chloe as it peaking at #1 on both the Airplay and Digital Charts. This put a lot of anticipation back on the album and even more so since it was first hint of music from Chloe in almost two years. After Born Free, Chloe released Started Out In England and Never Meant To Last which all were successes, peaking within the top 3 on the charts. After Never Meant To Last, Chloe went into the studio with Isaac Lovelock, Parish and Atlas. Together, they released "Gods Of Thunder", a grime record released released in December of 2013 that showed all four lyricists. The single was also a major success peaking at #1 on both charts respectively. During the weeks leading up to the Born Free's release Chloe sent three different songs to radio to radio as anticipation. "The One", B*tches Ain't Sh*t and Nothin But My Heels on were all serviced to radio before the album's release with "The One" being the most successful out of the three. Born Free was finally released on March 14th, 2014 through Studio60 records and was met with a critical acclaim with many calling it smooth, yet versatile as Chloe offered spouts of rap, hip hop, pop and R&B that seemed to all balance eachother out in true Chloe nature. Born Free has since gone double platinum. After Born Free was released, one more single came from the album and that was "Rebel On My Own" the rap record was met with moderate success and is one of Chloe's fan favorites. Following the album and single release, some months went pass and Chloe embarked on her first arena tour that kicked off in August of 2014.

The Born Free World Tour ended in April of 2015. Exhausted, Chloe took a break to get charged up for some new music. It wasn't until September of 2015 that Chloe first entered the studio to write and record music for a third studio album. Any collaborations sent Chloe's way were declined as she wanted to focus solely on creating a great follow up to her previous albums. For this upcoming new album, Chloe wants to be a voice not only as herself but for others as well. She wants to speak directly to her listeners and tell them stories about her inner most feelings and problems that she has run into as a human, a musician, a performer and the problems she sees within the world but in her lenses. Over the last months Chloe has entered the studio with underground performers, most specifically Harry Fraud who she met with in November of 2015 after the producer sent her some beats. After falling in love with the sound he pitched her way, Chloe began writing with the producer to create a barrage of tracks that could most likely appear on the third studio album. Still, Chloe had never confirmed or even announced the fact that she would be having a new single on the way as she spent majority of the rest of 2015 and into 2016 writing and recording. As fans wondered and wondered while the new year came in, Chloe still didn't make much of a sound as she was focused solely on quietly recording her best work to date and today she will unleash her first offering of just that.

Life is Strange is the first official single by Chloe in two years and is set to be appear on Chloe's upcoming third studio album which is slated for a quarter four 2016 release. The record was produced by Harry Fraud, an underground producer who will has joined Chloe's small production team for this untitled third album. Still, it's wonderful to hear that Chloe is back in top form after two years of no new music. "Life is Strange" is a certified skittering banger packed with Chloe's ever so recognizable voice and truthful nature that has become a trademark of hers. Life is Strange features a hypnotic trap style beat that is embroiled in an electronic yet alternative style that blazes throughout the record. After Chloe introduces us with a spoken line over an eerie instrumental that could be taken right out of a suspense horror. She calls out "Freedom, what's the key to life?" which already gets us thinking and quite frankly excited to hear Chloe's voice once more.

The record features Chloe with her acid-tongued stomp that takes no prisoners but has a bigger message as Chloe calls out the strangeness of life and how things have changed and people seem to act. Over the ultimately catchy chorus, Chloe calls out some of the cliche's of the real world but criticizing by adding ("innit strange?"). The lyrics come across as quite interesting after the catchy choruses and even relateable to many of our own actions and actions of other people. In many ways the record is extremely conscious but features a hypnotic beat that gives the record that crossover appeal to succeed on Airplay formats. In many ways the record seems angered by Chloe's london-tinged vocals and slight rapping but in many ways Chloe is encouraging people to enjoy life and take a deep breath, strive for the best because life is strange and strange things happen as she challenges the truths of life. In the song Chloe raps: "The only truth to this life is the moments are real|Survival is taking time to relax and time to just feel", that line alone has the ability to hit a listener to the core and luckily for us, the track itself features numerous bouts of conscienceness and catchiness as Chloe proclaims her Chloe empire and listeners who have a lot to absord with the record including it's dark-trap style production values, Chloe's hypnotic vocals and rapping, the catchy chorus that could easily get stuck in your head and of course the message set forth on the song in a world where so many songs are either over sexualized or de-humanizing. Its good to see Chloe in top form. The record hits digital retailers on June 1st, 2016.

UserPostedImage

"This won't be your typical Chloe album. I've been digging deeper to deliver something that is more than just a diary of me and my experiences over the last two years. But I can be a voice to people around the world. There's messages that will be set forth on this album that I've never the courage to discuss until now. I feel I've reached a point in my career where I don't have to battle to score the next big radio smash and what not, and if that happens that's cool and all but I want to be able to break that mold, I feel freer with my music lyrically and I've been creating music I've been feeling needs to be recorded. I'm not straying far off because there is moments that will be catchy and rhythmic and like some of my earlier works but the messages seem to be deeper and moving and I intend on keeping that alive on this third studio album. For instance, with this new record Life is strange, there's a catchy chorus and bassline along with the production but the message itself is so much more and I felt this was the perfect statement to make on my behalf as I return to music. It's been a while, shit is strange. I got a lot to say. This is just the start of something. I wanted to come back with a statement, I just didn't want to put out any ole song because I could have done that. I have those songs, but with this... it's so much more meaningful for the listener to hear the lyrics, catch the vibe and the meaning and when I first wrote this song and got in the studio, I knew this had to be the first release. And now we're here. Blast this. Spread the message. Lets talk about life"

Note: Chorus features sample of the "life" quote -"Stupid hoes chase boys|Ignorant chicks follow dicks"

Lyrics

Freedom, what's the key to life?

Love is rare, life is strange
Nothing lasts, people change
Messy females talk noise
Stupid hoes chase boys
Ignorant chicks follow dicks and
Bad bitches get rich.

That's just the world we live in
(Innit strange?)
(Innit strange?)

Have you ever just stopped and thought, where has it all gone?
Life is a snap, a blink, a quick flash… it feels wrong
You look around everywhere and try to take it in all
People grow, things change and time flies like the wind

We all want the fast track; things to just pass the time
Give it up so quickly but then you want to rewind
Sometimes taking for granted is all we know how to do
Being in the moment versus just passing through

Messy females talk noise
Stupid hoes chase boys
Bad bitches get rich.

(Innit strange?)
(Innit strange?)

Love every minute, every second you breathe
Take the time to rewind and the time to achieve
Life’s a gift yet it’s somehow most perfectly screwed
Life is what it is, until you make the right move

One step forward and another one back
The only way to succeed is to stay on track
Some say to focus your mind and reach for the stars
But people are people, we are just who we are

Messy females talk noise
Stupid hoes chase boys
Bad bitches get rich.

(Innit strange?)
(Innit strange?)

The only truth to this life is the moments are real
Survival is taking time to relax and time to just feel
We all stress about stress and then there’s just nothing left
Once in a while, you have to take a deep breath

Gun blows to the system yeah fuck it
Say with with me, we don't need dem
Solidy yourself and strive for the rich
You don't need dem
Gun blows to the system yeah fuck it
Say with with me we don't need dem

Innit it strange?
Messy females talk noise
Stupid hoes chase boys
Innit it strange?
Bad bitches get rich.
Innit it strange?

Innit strange?
Innit strange?
Innit strange?
Innit strange?

My boys,
My girls,
The Empire
Innit strange?

Sounds Like

Edited by user 02 June 2016 02:27:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 02/06/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/06/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 02/06/2016(UTC), erich hess on 02/06/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/06/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/06/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 02/06/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/06/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 03/06/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 04/06/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/06/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 02 June 2016 02:36:38(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: I've seen a hairy fraud before.

Erica: Chloe is my fave. I do find a flaw in her song though. I'm a bad bitch and I'm not rich.

Nina: two things,love. You are rich. And you aren't a bad bitch. You're ill tempered at worst.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/06/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 02 June 2016 10:16:38(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: I've seen a hairy fraud before.

Erica: Chloe is my fave. I do find a flaw in her song though. I'm a bad bitch and I'm not rich.

Nina: two things,love. You are rich. And you aren't a bad bitch. You're ill tempered at worst.

Chloe: You definitely are a bad bitch hehe, at least in my opinion :*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/06/2016(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 02 June 2016 21:17:00(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny: Wow!! Not only I'm in love with the artwork! But the whole thing is just perfection! The production, the lyrics! Everything!! Thank you for this song! A great come back
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 02 June 2016 21:28:37(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

You have been a member since:: 22/02/2013(UTC)
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Adam: I am loving this, it's pure perfection and tradmark Chloe!

OOC - It's nice to finally see Chloe back, it's been too long
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2016 01:44:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Cara Zayn: Well I've been waiting patiently for your return Chloe! I'm so glad it's finally here and what a way to make a triumphant return, I feel like people need to step up their game now because girl, this is fucking awesome. No more half-assing it, the bar has been raised once more with this. I love the flow of your lyrics and your voice has always been solid. Seriously, great comeback, I'm super excited for more because this shit is straight fire!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 05 June 2016 09:28:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Cara Zayn: Well I've been waiting patiently for your return Chloe! I'm so glad it's finally here and what a way to make a triumphant return, I feel like people need to step up their game now because girl, this is fucking awesome. No more half-assing it, the bar has been raised once more with this. I love the flow of your lyrics and your voice has always been solid. Seriously, great comeback, I'm super excited for more because this shit is straight fire!

Chloe: Thank you Cara. The albums on the way as well! I'm always trying find ways to outdo myself and my previous work and I was looking to go somewhere else musically with this record while still sticking to who I am as an artist. I'm not trying to raise the bar for others as I don't need to compete, but I'm definitely raising for myself and my discography. We should definitely talk more! Interview maybe? (;

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Adam: I am loving this, it's pure perfection and tradmark Chloe!

OOC - It's nice to finally see Chloe back, it's been too long

Chloe: Yes, I've always got to stick to me at the end of the day, thank you :)

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
Johnny: Wow!! Not only I'm in love with the artwork! But the whole thing is just perfection! The production, the lyrics! Everything!! Thank you for this song! A great come back

Chloe: Thanks mate! Really, it's always hearing nice things from fellow artists who listen to my music and accept what I'm doing still after 5 years. You'll understand it one day mr pop star :) thank you for the kind words and you are truly welcome!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 05/06/2016(UTC)