logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2016 14:48:23(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

They danced before they could talk, and sang before they could walk. They were enrolled to prestigious dance institutions throughout their country of France, where their talent was nurtured and developed in virtually all the biggest dance styles there is. But it was street dance that became the guys’ favorite style. With innovation, this band made up of Matheo Gautier, Jayson Gerard, Rafael Blanche and Jonas Rosseau took to the streets to show just how talented they really were and their talent did not go unnoticed. As their fanbase grew in France, it wasn't long before Permanent Reminder scooped the boys up, signing them to a record deal, and by November 2016, the boys have already released their scorching debut single "Firework" which is currently burning upward on the charts.

With award-deserving innovation, these four boys have made it their thing to take on the streets in a guerilla style fashion, performing on the streets and town squares of France to performing in sold out arena's with the likes of Kato. The internet sensation that is The Exhale are currently taking the internet by storm with their viral YouTube videos and ever-growing social media following, not to mention their newly released debut single. They now sit with Popdust to answer some burning questions that fans have sent in from all over the world. Enjoy.

Sarah Stokes: What other artists out there would you compare your style of music too?
Jayson: I wouldn't necessarily compare our style of music to anyone out there at the moment. We're still new but we've been experimenting in the studio, coming up with different sounds and stuff so that we're essentially bringing in our own sound. You know? We want to make our own style, based on what we've learned so far.
Matheo: Yeah. Like Jayson said, we're a pop act so there's definitely different musicians that we listen to and have listened to over time that have really helped us get ideas of styles that would be really cool to work with and we're doing that daily.
Rafael: We all love different styles of music and I think that will be shown too, we always pitch in different ideas of styles to make sure it's original.

Kyle McDonald: If you could take any male artist (soloist, member of a band, rapper or anything) and add him to the line-up to create a quintet, who would it be and why?
Jonas: Haha, we've gotten this question before and it's always so hard to answer because we all love different people but to choose one male? Who would it be guys? I honestly don't even know.
Jayson: Payton would probably be a chill 5th member! He'd give us some rap verses on every song and give us that Latino swag. *laughs*.
Rafael: I'm gonna go with someone who's new, up and coming. Someone like Cristian Vilo.
Matheo: Um excuse me? The Exhale is EXCLUSIVE. I joke, of course *laughs*. I think Lincoln Keaton would probably be a cool fifth member if that was the case. He's a great dancer, we all dance, he'd probably keep up with us well with performances too. So you know? Lincoln hit us up!
*All collectively laugh*
Jayson: Lincoln's got no time for us, he's doing big things just as we are about to do with us four. He's a label mate, so best of luck to him.

ExhalersUSA: What is your song “Firework” really about? And what do you think makes someone a firework?
Rafael: It's about busting firecrackers....obviously.
Matheo: Raffy, just shut up *laughs*
Jayson: *laughs* It's about believing in yourself! We believe that everyone is a firework in their own right and we wanted to get that message across in the record. It's like, we sing about having these insecurities but most of all you need to believe in yourself and that alone makes you, a firework and once you find that inner fire in you and just dance the night away, be big and loud like a firework. You know? Go crazy haha.
Jonas: Yeah, we really wanted everyone who listens to it to feel like they can relate to it. We all have those moments when we feel down and you just got to beeeeelieve. That's what makes you a firework.

Rhiannon Thomas: Who wrote the single? Do you guys write most of your stuff?
Rafael: We wrote the song collectively with the help of three amazing songwriters June Olson, Brandi White, Raymond Mathis. We pretty much write all of our stuff, yeah.
Jayson: It's important that we all are involved with the songs that we record. Sure, there's a few songs that some of us have taken the lead in writing, but we all definitely pitch in on what goes where, and how it's sung within the whole creative process. Me personally, if I'm not involved, I feel so disconnected from the record.
Matheo: I love the writing process, actually. I know Raffy and Jonas find it tedious at times but we all sit in the studio and just brainstorm different ideas.
Jayson: Its funny that Matheo says that because we wrote each of our solos for Firework too, so it worked out really well. It's like we all made it happen together and of course with the help of our amazing producers Mattman & Robin and the writers.
Jonas: Definitely tedious! But I couldn't say I don't dislike the process. I like the whole process, but I find that writing the song is the most time consuming.

ExhaleTunes: What sets you apart from other bands?
Jayson: GREAT question. Well, we draw a lot of inspiration from street culture, which is reflected in our style: dance, parkour, and sound and it's sort of this edgy-pop. We are mainly performance based, as much as we love to sing, we love to dance. We've been dancing for like, years, so it's definitely a strong point for us coming into this business. There's currently no performance based boy-bands out there right now, and we want to to keep pushing the envelope of performance and vocals too.
Rafael: I also think that our origin alone sets us apart. If you look at it, we weren't really put together like most bands. Not to say that's a bad thing, but in general.
Matheo: Uhm. Jayson, Raffy and I attended the same school and then Jonas knew Jayson through family *Jayson nods*. We really shared the same love of dance, singing and performance and so we really just started out like that, for fun. We created "us". We weren't put together through a search and that's where I find that it really sets us apart and makes us really tight knit since we knew each other since before all of this. We've been brothers way before we were signed.
Jonas: And then Candice Cortez came along and just gave us this crazy glo-up! *All collectively laugh*. Look at us now! Really though, all joking aside. We thank her so much because if you see us back then, and us now?
Jayson: *Laughs* He said glo-up! Spending too much time on twitter, Jo Jo. Candice is great, and everyone at Permanent Reminder.

Neve Johnson: What do you get on your Subway sandwiches? lol
Rafael: MY FAVORITE QUESTION because I love to eat. My favorite sandwich there is the Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt. I even memorized everything that's included it in *excitedly smiles*. The melted Monterey cheddar cheese, tender all-white meat chicken, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions and green peppers. It's everything.
Matheo: Raffy's gonna start drooling. I'm not a huge, huge fan of Subway but I usually get the Rotisserie-Style Chicken Sandwich
Jayson: I actually had subway last week and I usually keep it simple. I get the classic turkey breast.
Jonas: I always get Steak and Cheese, epic sandwhich.

DancingOnMyOwn: Who are some of your favourite artists, composers, bands or other musicians past or present? Would you say any of them influenced your music?
Jayson: *Looks around at other band members* So I guess we can just all go around saying who we love? Uh okay, so I'll go first. Some of my favorites are Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Elvis Presely, Britney Spears, Isabel, The Spice Girls, Austin Nimmo, Michelle Green, Vanity, GirlSpice, and The Sugababes. List goes on but I'll stop there.
Matheo: Mine are Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Diana Ross, Luther Vandros, Kidd Amaze, BrownSugar, Lotus, Miami, KiddAmaze, Dominic Brown, Kato, Cassie Valentine, Rum & Coke
Jonas: I love some pop but I'm really an alternative head in my own right. I can't get enough of James Urie, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Riot! In The Boulevard, The Harlots, Weezer, Avril Lavigne, James Blunt, Mykky Ekko, Bianca Moretti, and Hayden
Rafael: I love a bit of everything but Deneil, Chloe, Andrea, Nadia Berry, *NSYNC, Celine Dion, The Backstreet Boys, Jordan Sparks, One Republic, Bruno Mars,and Kelly Clarkson dominate my music playlists!

ShipRayson: When you walk out to a big arena, what kinds of thoughts are running through your minds?
Jonas: Look at all these people! Is definitely something I think about when I get out on stage.
Matheo: I'm usually praying for all the guys, hoping that none of us fall and that the show goes well.
Jayson: I'm always hyped before a show, I get this adrenaline rush out there. Hearing all the screaming fans, its like "surreal" in a way. We've all come a long way.
Rafael: I have a thousand thoughts going through my mind, I'm usually the nervous freak before hitting the stage but after a while I really get into the groove of things.

ZoomingHigh: Do you get nervous during a performance? How do you handle your nerves?
Rafael: I'm usually the nervous one. I always have stage fright even though it's not even noticeable when I perform. I handle it by taking deep breaths before a show, and jumping up and down oddly. It gets my body feeling warm and it just calms me down. The boys usually help me out too, we have this ritual where we all jump up and down and hit the floor *laughs*, yeah, its weird but we've been doing it since we first started performing, that helps me too.
Matheo: A nice prayer always makes me feel better.
Jonas: I handle my nerves by just trying my best chill out, I know that's a poor answer but after praying with the boys I'm usually ready to go.
Jayson: I don't get nervous usually but I have those performance jitters, you know, just hoping that all goes well.

CaseyMcDougal08: You guys are all really talented dancers. Where did you all learn to dance?
Jayson: Thank you, Casey! We all have dancing backgrounds but I've been dancing since I was 7. I strengthened my dancing abilities at a dance school called Arts Abroad in France but I find that I've always just loved dancing and singing from very, very young.
Matheo: Same with me. I was never really taught how to dance and didn't go to dance school until I was 11, it's like god made it destined for me to be a good dancer, not even to sound cocky or anything you know? I've been dancing for a long time too.
Rafael: I use to watch dance videos all the time, I was always interested in dance and singing. I forced my mom to enroll me in dance school, and we all sort of danced together years ago, which kind of all made us better.
Jonas: I had to keep up with Matheo, Jayson and Rafael. I didn't have much dancing knowledge until I met them, where we all went to some dance institutions in France. I had to pretty much learn quick, but I'm glad because it made me better.

MarketToMarketMusic: You do crazy stunts and flips during your performances. Is that something that you all are able to do?
Matheo: I think we can do backflips.
Jayson: Yeah.
Rafael: Pretty much.
Jonas: I can do a double backflip, haha.

Amira Hussain: Have you seen Billy's nudes? ;)
Jayson: Nah I actually haven't but I know some of the boys have.....*slyly laughs and looks over at Matheo*
Matheo: Yeah, I saw them and I'm proud! What gay guy hasn't?
Rafael: Matheo flashed it in my eyes and I saw it twist a weird way and yeah....saying no more.
Jonas: *Hysterically laughs*
Jayson: On a different note, we're happy for him and Jerry. *They all nod, feeling a bit awkward from the question from the question* Next question?

ImWithHer0231: What’s been your favorite place in the US so far?
Jayson: I love LA and New York. Definitely those two places.
Rafael: Agreeing with Jayson. Checking out LA and New York was the funnest for me. Wonderful monuments and places to EAT.
Matheo: I'm going off the rip and saying the grand f'n canyon. Beautiful place. That was my fave. End of story.
Jonas: I loved it when we went to Orlando.

MasterRoshi: ever been caught jerking it in the broom closet?
Rafael: Uhh...no, but I've gotten caught in the comfort of my own room....*laughs*
Jayson: You're soooo weird....
Rafael: Don't act like you've never been caught Jayson....we ev-
Jayson: Just stop stop stop....*laughs*

MasterRoshi: If not,good hiding spot,isn't it?
Jonas: For hide and seek maybe?

KellyHello: Is there anything in particular that you’d like people to take away from listening to your music?
Jayson: We just want people to enjoy our music. People all over the world. To be able to listen to The Exhale and want to dance, want to cry, want to party, feel uplifted and in many cases, healed. There's just so many different emotions we want our listeners to take away from our music that I'd probably be here all day talking about it. We want to be able to make a difference for people and generally make them proud, excited fans of ours. We've been doing this for a while and there's so much we aspire to do together that we just want to be remembered.

BugSell: why did you guys want to be famous?
Matheo: To change lives and make a difference for people who listen to our music.
Jonas: We also love to perform and create, so why not do it for lots of people around the world?
Rafael: Yeah, plus we all sort of entered this thing together, we all wanted to kind of get out there and do it for the fans because this is something we've always loved to do but we all want to make a better living for our families as well.
Jayson: For me, it's all about our journey.

You opened for Kato on his tour this year. Do you like Kato? And, did it feel amazing playing at the big arenas?
Jayson: Kato is great! Really appreciate the opportunity he gave us when he brought us out on tour with him. Huge arenas, we left that tour with many new people knowing who we were and that was vital, so we humbling thank him.'
Matheo: I'm huuuuge fan like I had said early hehe. When we met him, oh my god, I was trying so hard to keep my composure so he wouldn't think I was a complete freak! But he's so chilled and laid back.
Jonas: It was fun performing on tour for him! Wish the tour was longer.
Rafael: He has the craziest fans. But yeah, I really like Kato's music. I was nervous as heck performing but I think we did really well.

SilverEyes: Is you could wish for one thing in the world what would it be?
Jonas: Superpowers would be one wish of mine.
Matheo: I'd wish to meet my biological parents.
Jayson: I'd like to live forever, that'd be great wouldn't it?
Rafael: Fairly Odd Parents! So I can have even more wishes.

JimRock: How long and how often do you practice??
Rafael: Depends on the week really.
Jayson: Yeah, it can vary. Over the last few months we had lots of practice and even more practice dates right before we went on tour with Kato. Lately, we've been practicing every two to three days. It can last 2 hours of 6 hours....seriously.

Pruritz: Leak your nudes?
Matheo: Yeah, right now! *laughs sarcastically*
Jayson: What are nudes?
Rafael: Yeah, what are nudes?
Jonas: I'll just answer the question normally since the others are too scared and beating around the bush..... No. *laughs*

footballE: In a deathbattle who would win Elmnt vs BYS vs Stats Nerds vs WEEKEND vs The Exhale?
Jayson: Hahahahahaaha. Good one, well I've got to say us.
Matheo: Weekend looks like they have a bunch of fighters. It'd definitely come down to us and Weekend.
Jayson: You sure? I don't think Dustyn or Riley would hurt a fly to be honest.
Rafael: I don't know... but this deathmatch would be insanity
Jonas: BYS have like 10 members, we are all screwed outnumbered.

Mvkin: Best female group out now?
Matheo: I love SYNCO
Jonas: CMBD are rocking it right now!
Jayson: It's a hard choice, but I've got to go with the vets...Girlspice!
Rafael: Can't they all just win? They're all beautiful.

WeWillRockU: What can you tell us about your upcoming debut album?
Jayson: We are currently recording our debut album, we've made so much progress and it's sound so,so good! We've been working so hard on creating a body of work that will remembered for years to come. It's really exciting.
Rafael: We are in the studio pretty much every night making it happen. So we can tell you that it's coming.
Matheo: It will rock your socks off seriously!
Jonas: Hm....something I can tell you? It'll be out next year....*laughs*

GRoxic: Do you guys fight, if so who is the push over?
Jonas: We all have our fair share of disagreements. There's no pushovers but I am usually the mediator. I don't really like confrontation, especially among the group.
Matheo: Lies! It's usually me!

Kidzworld: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Jayson: Still together, making sick records and going on world tours. Yeah....
Matheo: Definitely! 5 years from now we still want to be slaying, making a change and inspiring people
Jonas: I'll probably still be stuffing my face too *laughs*
Rafael: *Laughs*

Download The Exhale's debut single "Firework" Now.

UserPostedImage

------------------------------------
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 08/11/2016(UTC), erich hess on 08/11/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/11/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/11/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 09/11/2016(UTC), kandii on 09/11/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/11/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2016 02:52:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Bilal: Twist in a weird way??! What the hell are you on about? It's not a fucking boomerang! Aaaaaaaanyway, just want to say that I'm happy to see another boy band join the ranks. I remember Weekend debuting when we were around your ages back in 2011/12 and I can relate to how you must be feeling right now. This is potentially the beginning of the rest of your lives...if that makes sense? Could be all change from here. I enjoy your song and can't wait to check out the rest.

OOC: I loved this interview! I miss reading things like this. It's a shame posts are so few and far between these days. Glad to see these guys finally debuting :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2016 07:49:02(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Thanks for mentioning us as one of your favorite girl groups I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate it I love you guys you're all so cute and cool and you guys were all really sweet that time we met wish we all would've had more time to hang out but anyway just wanted to say I'm really glad that you guys are out here making a name and giving sick performances like I'd probably break my neck if I even tried to do what you guys do on a trampoline lol but yeah can't wait to see where you guys go from here I usually can tell when someone is about to blow up and I think thanks to your guys personalities music and high energy you're next hope we get to meet again soon and loved the interview boys!
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2016 13:52:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Bilal: Twist in a weird way??! What the hell are you on about? It's not a fucking boomerang! Aaaaaaaanyway, just want to say that I'm happy to see another boy band join the ranks. I remember Weekend debuting when we were around your ages back in 2011/12 and I can relate to how you must be feeling right now. This is potentially the beginning of the rest of your lives...if that makes sense? Could be all change from here. I enjoy your song and can't wait to check out the rest.

OOC: I loved this interview! I miss reading things like this. It's a shame posts are so few and far between these days. Glad to see these guys finally debuting :)

Matheo: It curves and has a piercing....am I wrong? ....Okay I'll stop cause you definitely think I'm a weirdo now, promise I didn't analyze it! Yeah, everything seems to be moving so fast for us. It's like our old lives have quickly hit the backburner and we are all grasping to this new life of ours! It's so exciting. We are sooo glad you enjoy the record, hoping to see you and the guys around one day!!

OOC: Thank you! I know it's been rather quiet but I'll still pushing out these RPs when I can. :P thanks for reading!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/11/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2016 13:54:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Thanks for mentioning us as one of your favorite girl groups I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate it I love you guys you're all so cute and cool and you guys were all really sweet that time we met wish we all would've had more time to hang out but anyway just wanted to say I'm really glad that you guys are out here making a name and giving sick performances like I'd probably break my neck if I even tried to do what you guys do on a trampoline lol but yeah can't wait to see where you guys go from here I usually can tell when someone is about to blow up and I think thanks to your guys personalities music and high energy you're next hope we get to meet again soon and loved the interview boys!

Raffy: It would be a crime if one us didn't mention you as one of the favorites. You gals are everywhere, and look beautiful doing so :) yeah, we will definitely meet again! Thank you for the kind words Layla.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage