logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2016 13:56:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
OOC: Sorry if anything is off or sloppy haven't been on here in awhile plus I'm working on a cracked phone
UserPostedImage

Title: I'm Coming
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Genre: R&B, Pop, Dance
Lenght: 3:28
Writer(s): Alex Grey, Naomi White, Jamie Jackson
Producer(s): Michael Black, Brandon Grey
Released: November, 20th 2016

"I'm Coming" is the second single from American-British girl group SYNCO's untitled fourth album and their fifteenth overall single the song was written by group members Alex Grey, Naomi White, and Jamie Jackson the song was produced by Michael Black and Brandon Grey who have worked with the girls on previous records as well lyrically the song can either be about missing an ex-lover and wanting to return to them or fantasizing about one more night with the ex-lover the song was penned down back in November of 2015 by Alex and later adjusted by Naomi and Jamie it was set to release earlier this year but after a few delays due to "personal issues" the song was delayed

Lyrics: Lyrically "I'm Coming" is alright the girls seemed to have had a good idea here doubling this song as a song about missing an ex and about fantasizing sexually about said ex however the execution falls a bit short as the verses are a bit iffy as well as the pre-chorus the chorus doesn't exactly save the song lyrically but it is a minor step up the bridge isn't doing much for it either but this may have been a song to focus on production more than the lyrics

Production: Production wise this is one of SYNCO's better tracks with production credits from Brandon Grey and Michael Black who seem to do some of the best production for the girls continuing with the more mature urban influences heard on "Don't Fight It" however unlike DFI this song has more of an upbeat sound to it which is slightly reminiscent to the groups earlier days however rather than just pulling completely from the pop side the two producers find a perfect middle ground between pop, dance and modern R&B but despite the fun aunts and dance style of the song there is also a deeper sexier side to the production that shows in the simpler bridge

Vocals: Vocally the girls go with a simpler style here there are no outstanding parts here from any of the girls however adlibs done by Layla in the final chorus do stand out a bit more without over shadowing Jamie who takes lead on this track Naomi opens the track with her deeper smooth vocals on the first verse singing in a more laid back style which is to her benefit even though she's shown major growth as a vocalist over the past few years she still is considered one of the weaker and overlooked singers in the group however her secier smooth vocals manage to shine throughout the laid back verse after finishing her part we go into the bridge which is shared between Layla and Jamie with Layla starting it out here with her more unique sounding vocals however despite the part picking up a bit vocally Layla manages to tone it back a bit with her and Jamie switching line after line Jamie who is known to be the powerhouse of the group is also dialing it back here which fits quite well with the styling of the more laid back yet upbeat track after the girls finish the bridge we hear Jamie come in for the chorus taking the majority of it she manages to stay in that laid back style however she sings in a slightly higher pitch here as she sings about fantasizing about one more night with her ex boyfriend wevthen here all the girls come in singing the final parts of the chorus together as far as harmonies go SYNCO have shown better but on this type of track the girls aren't required to go over the top with their harmonies and actually bring the song together better with the simpler sexy ones like this after the chorus we hear a shared verse between Alex and Nicole Alex starts it off she sings in a similar style to Naomi from the first verse the two also have similar voices however Alex has a bit of a raspier sound to hers which fits the song perfectly however it's clear that in comparison Naomi stood out abbot more as it's more her style where as Alex would stand out better in a more pop or possibly rock track however despite this Alex manages to pull out a rather solid performance with her laid back vocals we then hear Nicole come in and the switch is easily noticeable from Alex's deeper husky vocals to Nicole's higher more theatrical vocals which is toned down here as we hear Nicole also try her hand at the deeper sultry vocals which usually wouldn't work for her however she manages to pull it off rather well her but the difference is apparent and despite her doing well it also shows that this style is better suited for Alex or Naomi you could probably even argue that she was only given this part to have one after this we hear Layla and Jamie for the shared bridge once again which is basically the same as before we then hear Jamie come in once again for the chorus which is the same apart from the end where we hear her demonstrate a fracture of her vocals by going slightly higher we then hear the girls come in once again for the final part of the chorus we then hear Layla and Jamie once more for the bridge which is simpler in tone Layla now shows a bit more of the unique aspect of her voice as she goes into a slightly higher tone we hear Jamie once as well singing in the same tone before we hear all the girls giving off a higher tone harmony before Layla comes back in again for the final parts of the bridge where she sings in the same style before we hear the chorus once again which isn't changed too much however we can now hear Layla giving us some adlibs in the back showing off some of this effortless runs as she sings in a higher falsetto behind Jamie and the other girls we then hear Jamie give us an outro after the chorus now singing in a falsetto pitch showing off her equally impressive runs as she brings the sone to an end

Layla
Alex
Nicole
Jamie
Naomi
All

I'm hearing from the locals
That you been talking bout missing me too
My head keeps saying we're through
But I already got my foot out the door

Baby you and me we both been feeling lonely
And I been thinking bout the way we use to play
I need to feel your lips kissing on my body, on my body

So what if, what if I told you I wanna come
What if I asked you for your love
Baby if you're down I'll be up

I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming

I'm grabbing my keys
Pedal to the metal now

I know that I'll regret this dear
But I ain't worried bout that now

Baby you and me we both been feeling lonely
And I been thinking bout the way we use to play
I need to feel your lips kissing on my body, on my body

Baby if you're down I'll be up, up baby

I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming

Tell me you, tell me you, tell me that you
Feel this way too

And I'll come, and I'll come, and I'll come
Come back to you
Tell me you, tell me you, tell me that you
Feel this way too

And if you do, you can come too

Baby if you're down I'll be up, up baby

I'm coming
Baby if you're down I'll be up
(I'm coming)
I'm coming

Come a little closer baby
come a little closer baby
come a little closer baby
I'm coming!
[
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 21/11/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/11/2016(UTC), erich hess on 21/11/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/11/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/11/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/11/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 23/11/2016(UTC), kandii on 28/11/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 28/11/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2016 07:23:17(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Chris: I'm so happy SYNCO is back and the new music is coming that wonderful. Just be careful the world is such a different place ladies you have president-elect grabbing pussy and stuff.

Jake: Sadly that isn't a joke.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 22/11/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2016 13:47:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Jayson: Me and the guys have been jamming out to this since it came out! You guys always deliver the catchiest records and it really inspires us to do the same in our music. My favorite part is when that beat comes in on the chorus and Jamie gives us those superb vocals. Nice job :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2016 00:16:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Yasmine: *awkwardly girates her body* I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT STOP

Coke: Please make it stop.

Yasmine: YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TAUGHT ME HOW TO DO THIS, UNTEACH ME!!

Coke: From the looks of it, you never learned. Don't you dare include me in this. The
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 07 December 2016 04:47:50(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I'm so happy SYNCO is back and the new music is coming that wonderful. Just be careful the world is such a different place ladies you have president-elect grabbing pussy and stuff.

Jake: Sadly that isn't a joke.

Naomi: Boy we took a break from music not the world we know our president is fucked up lmao thanks for checking out the song tho

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Jayson: Me and the guys have been jamming out to this since it came out! You guys always deliver the catchiest records and it really inspires us to do the same in our music. My favorite part is when that beat comes in on the chorus and Jamie gives us those superb vocals. Nice job :)

Jamie: Aww thanks boys we're so happy you're enjoying it been wanting to get this one out for awhile now and I personally am so glad you're enjoying that chorus love you guys keep doing what you're doing

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Yasmine: *awkwardly girates her body* I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT STOP

Coke: Please make it stop.

Yasmine: YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TAUGHT ME HOW TO DO THIS, UNTEACH ME!!

Coke: From the looks of it, you never learned. Don't you dare include me in this. The

Naomi: YAS BITCH AWKWARDLY MOVE YOUR BODY TO OUR TRACK YAS THIS IS WHY WE SING
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 07 December 2016 05:53:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Bilal: I'm hard. I mean, excellent work on the single, girls. Heard it a while back and was a little disappointed when it seemed like this song was put on the back burner. Glad that it has seen the light of day now and I'm sure all of the fans love it. Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs you turn into the office.

Dustyn: Jamieeeeeeee, you got me a little hot under the collar during that chorus. That's impressive considering you're a lady, hehe! Seriously though, I do love the song and it's catchy as hell. Added to my party playlist for tonight :D
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 07/12/2016(UTC)