logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clampdown  
#1 Posted : 19 December 2016 07:00:29(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
December 3rd, 2016 12:20 PM

UserPostedImage

"You bastard!" A feminine Australian accent shrieked, bouncing up and down the thin walls of the tiny flat with peeling floral wallpaper which had been there since the flat complex had been built in the 70's. The hip dressed woman angrily clutching a lamp was wearing a green dress with thin white stripes and a leather jacket. "You bastard, how could you do this to me?" She choked up as angry tears began to flood her eyes. She looked in horror as a completely unfamiliar woman occupied the side of her own bed, covering her bare breasts with the blanket she slept under. Next to this woman was the man she shared the bed with most nights, who looked defeated and embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, it's not what it looks like!" He tried to back peddle out of the situation, but he knew that he wasn't getting out of this situation. Suddenly, he ducks his head as the lamp held by who was now his ex-girlfriend flew, colliding with the wall next to the bed.

"No, you know what, fuck you, Matt! Fuck you! I hate you so much! I'm leaving! You win, she's yours now. She's obviously better than me!" She shouted, making her way to the living room. Her boyfriend ran after her, leaping out of the bed in a gymnastic fashion.

"Wait! I can fix this, I-" He couldn't even finish the sentence before she turned around.

"You what? You're a goddamn unfaithful, cheating, lowlife and I was honestly fucking stupid to believe you loved me! It's over, Matt. I'm going back to Melbourne!" She grabbed suitcase, covered in tourism and band stickers, walking back into the room to pack her stuff.

"No, I'm sorry, please don't do this." Her boyfriend let out a desperate sigh, he tried to rectify the situation, somewhat panicking. By now, his secret lover was already out of the flat. "Great, now Tiff is gone. Fuck!" He kicked the bed.

"Tiff? Fuck Tiff! I was your real girlfriend, I loved you and you blew it Matt!" She began to pack various decor, her computer, and the various samplers she used for her own music. "Tell Tiff I said that she could go fuck herself. Goodbye, Matt. You're never going to see me again, never!" She walked out of the flat, she began to sob to herself as she walked out of the flat. She stepped outside to face the post-summer Australian heat. She stuck out her middle finger towards the window of her former flat as she got into her car, which despite seeing the best times, still ran like a champ. She peeled out of the parking lot and onto the road. She sighed, still crying as she struggled to find the right music for this feeling. She had a demo of some of her music, she thought that she might as well practice her lyrics on the eight hour drive from Adelaide to Melbourne.

Her name is Mica Estaris; her stage name, just Estaris. She was born in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to a Filipino immigrant who moved to help support his brother's Filipino restaurant and find adventure and a Melbourne native. She spent most of her childhood working in the restaurant, but she knew that her true calling was making music. She had seen Brittany Spears on TV as a little girl and instantly took to her as role model. She was heavily involved in her primary and secondary school's music programs, being a cello player in the orchestra and a singer in choir. OF course, she had an affinity for R&B and Synth pop, investing in samples, keyboards, and microphones to start her own project. She moved to Adalaide to live with the boyfriend she met online, who fully supported her musical endeavors.

She had been thinking about her past as she merged onto the highway, she thought about how it tied into her future. She didn't go to University, she wanted to be a touring musician instead. She had toured before but she mostly performed in Adelaide and Queensland. She continued to think about the future, this was her chance to break the mold, and she was going to strike while the iron was hot. She passed the last exit to Adelaide, this was the final goodbye; to Matt, to the broken down flat she lived in and the torn up floral wall paper she hated but didn't say anything because she was happy to be with Matt. It was a final goodbye to the younger woman who was too humiliated to make eye contact with Mica. It was a final goodbye to the manager at the pseudo-trendy fashion store she worked at, who was always patronizing her fellow employees. She had a generic fast food burger in her hand, eating, and watching the road ahead of her. Eight hours was a long time to be on the road this short notice but she had to get out of Adelaide as fast as possible.

It had been 8:30 at night by the time she took the exit into Melbourne. She read the sister cities as she sped past the sign, she wanted to tour in all six of them. Once she did that, she could start resting. She was born with the strongest work ethic in the family, graduating secondary school with several honors. Once she did that, she was satisfied with her education. She proved that she could be a successful woman in secondary school and if her music career didn't work out, she could easily run her family's restaurant. She was the oldest of three kids so naturally, she was the heir to the hole in the wall that her parents cherished as a fourth child.

She greeted her family, who welcomed her with open arms and fresh comfort food. But she was in no mood to spend much time with them. She walked up the the apartment and into her room. She began unpacking, putting the decor and her musical equipment back in their rightful places. She felt that she might as well record some of her music. She wanted to start her new life as soon as possible, so she set up everything she needed to record. She was ready, she sat on her bed with the sampler she bought with her first paycheck, and the microphone she bought with the second paycheck. She was ready to record, she was determined to send this song to just about every label she could think of.

Clampdown wrote:
True blue heartfelt
Complimentary heart beat
When will you stay still? When will you shut off?
Don't keep me awake at night
I've felt so hooked
I came back for more
There's no room for this love
My heartache won't take it
But I'll still give in

On my, on my mind, you're
On my, on my mind, these
Feelings I can't describe

You're a new song
I can't get out of my head
Truth is, I'd play it on repeat all night
Simple rhythms are keeping me dancing
And I must be dreaming

On my, on my mind, these

On my, on my mind, these

Woke up to that song again
Woke up to that heart beat
You're love in my dreams
Your love keeps my sky high
Don't know when I'm coming down
Don't know when I'm coming down

On my, on my mind, these

Sounds Like:

OOC: I really wanted to do something different to introduce a character and I wanted to build a character with depth so I'm going to be writing out this character's career in the form of a narrative, along with standard single and album threads. I think that this will be a really fun way to connect Estaris as a real person! I hope you all enjoy it! Cheers!
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 7 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 19/12/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 19/12/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 08/04/2017(UTC)