logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 01 January 2017 15:01:42(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Evan Cabrera, Diego Bello, Derek Ruiz, Luis Alvarez, Carlos Portillo

Title: Daydreaming
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Genre: Pop, Dance-pop, Electronic
Lenght: 3:01
Writer(s): Carlos Portillo, Diego Bello, Evan Cabrera, Luis Alvarez, Alex Grey, Brandon Grey, Donna Marks, Michael Black
Producer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black
Released: January 1st 2017

"Daydreaming" is the debut single by all Latino boy band PRÓXIMO the song was written by group members Diego Bello, Evan Cabrera, Luis Alvarez and Carlos Portillo along with professional writers and performers such as Brandon Grey, Michael Black, Alex Grey and Donna Marks the song was produced by Grey and Black who are the geniuses behind many of SYNCO's biggest hits as well as other artists

Brandon Grey and Michael Black originally began writing the song in July of 2016 with intentions on giving the song to former Star Factory contestant Donna Marks they brought the song to her and also brought Alex Grey of SYNCO in to work on the lyrics further however after recording the track Donna realized it just wasn't for her Brandon then brought the song to the attention of the five boys of PRÓXIMO who initially loved the track however they wanted to add their own spin on after another session of re-writing the song the boys finally took it into the studio and the rest is history

The lyrics tells the story of someone who is caught up on a one night stand and "daydreaming" about it the singer states how they want more and how they just can't get what they had done out of their head with the opening lyrics going as followed "Thinkin' back to that body on body/Something 'bout you on me/Gets me feelin' so much heat/Got my vision so hazy" the boys definitely don't shy away from the lyrics as they make it blatantly known this song is about sex which is completely different from the average boy band who would rather stick to the clean cut image and market towards a younger audience at least through their music the boys however stray far away from that stereotype where a boy band song has to be about love, break-ups, heart breaks or pretty much anything other than sex it's clear that the boys are already marketing theirselves to an older audience which is definitely a risk for boy bands because it's very rare that they pick up a more mature following at least early on in their careers but the boys continue with the more mature lyrics throughout the first verse before going for a more subtle approach throughout the chorus but after that it's once again back to the blatancy in the second verse which is a little underwritten compared to the first the boys seemed to have opted out of a bridge as the song continues to a third chorus right after the first making the production one of the more focused elements lyrically the song has higher points and lower points none of the lyrics however are standout and the song probably wouldn't be as good if sung by a more mature solo artist however for a boy band the lyrics come off as more risky and edgy which definitely is a good thing and it does slightly make up for the lyrics being a bit more basic compared to ones written by bigger artists they do have a sort of catchiness to them though that'll make the song get stuck in your head for days especially throughout the chorus

the song does focus more on the production which could have completely ruined the song but luckily for the boys the production was done by one of the best duos for production which consists of Brandon Grey and Michael Black who as stated before are behind many of the biggest hits of SYNCO's career the two work well together and know how to bounce ideas off one another to really get a creative, catchy and fun sound going and this song is no exception as said the song does focus on the production a bit more than the lyrics but rather than bringing the traditional electronic dance feel the boys also manage to give it a more radio friendly pop feel as well which shouldn't work not that it's impossible for an electronic/dance track to be radio friendly it happens all the time but to get a track like that going that not only focuses on the beat but also leans towards the lyrics is difficult the boys did manage to pull it off though as the song doesn't get repetitive with lyrics the song also has a sort of summer vibe to it with it's fun synths and effects that play throughout the track

The boys definitely match up with the production vocally as they manage to deliver an excellent high energy performance each one getting a chance to show off the differences in their vocals with Luis starting the track in a more laid back tone showing off his more mature and laid back vocal style here he is the oldest in the group and it shows slightly in his vocals though he didn't get the chance to fully show off his range here he definitely does match the song we then hear Diego come in who sings in a similar style to Luis bringing in thatmore laid back style but the change is definitely noticeable as Diego has probably the clearest vocals in the group while Luis had the slighest rasp to it Diego continues the song into the chorus now singing in a slightly higher tone than he previously did still not showing the full capabilities of his voice however it is clear that he is one of the best vocalists in the group after singing his half of the chorus we hear Derek come in who still hasn't fully learned English his accent shows slightly more in his part which is definitely easy on the ears he also has a rather unique raspy voice which also adds to his vocals his vocals however may tend to split opinions as they're slightly more unique compared to what's on the radio today we then hear Carlos come in who also has a rather unique voice though his is far from as solid as Derek's there's something just not complete in his vocals which is probably why he wasn't given the biggest part in this track because Derek immediately comes back in before Derek finishes up the chorus after this we hear the 'bad boy' of the group Evan come in who has a voice that is very similar but also very different to Diego's the biggest difference between the two are the raspiness in Evan's voice compared to Diego's clearness and more clean style Evan brings a grittier style and really gets a chance to show off his vocals more so than the previous boys in this part before the chorus kicks back in which is sung in the same style as before

The boys managed to deliver a very good vocal performance laid out over great production however the lyrics are probably the weakest point in the song but between the lyrics and vocals lyrics which aren't terrible just a little bit basic are definitely made up for the song could end up taking over radios everywhere the only problem is this song is more of a Summer jam than something you'd expect to be released around this time of the year despite this though the song is definitely good and catchy as hell it's one of those songs that'll get stuck in your head all day whether you want it to or not

Derek
Luis
Diego
Evan
Carlos

Thinkin' back
To that body on body
Something 'bout you on me
Gets me feelin' so much heat
Got my vision so hazy

Thinkin' back to when you put it all on me
Thinkin' of that night
When you turned off all of the lights
And put your body up on mine

You're my focus
Girl I can't even think
You got my head on repeat I'm
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

Wanna feel you
Need you back up on me
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

Got me stuck
Baby I can't even think
Caught up on your bite
So come back again tonight
Come and get me feelin' high
I don't want it to be just a one night thing
Cause I need that fire
Cause only you can do it right
I'll keep you coming every night

You're my focus
Girl I can't even think
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

Wanna feel you
Need you back up on me
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

You're my focus
Girl I can't even think
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

Wanna feel you
Need you back up on me
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'
Daydreamin', daydreamin'

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/01/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/01/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/01/2017(UTC), kandii on 01/01/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 01/01/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 02/01/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/01/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/01/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/01/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 01 January 2017 19:36:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Elle-Rose: Happy New Year guys! Also what an awesome way to start the new year. I'm loving this song, it's super catchy. Especially that chorus. Hopefully it's the first of many. Good job guys!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 01/01/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2017 05:47:15(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Misu: Song so catchy, beautiful! I love dancing! Fighting!

OOC: Yes I love how this turned out you did good on this John próximo is coming to slay!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/01/2017(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 06 January 2017 04:32:08(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Elle-Rose: Happy New Year guys! Also what an awesome way to start the new year. I'm loving this song, it's super catchy. Especially that chorus. Hopefully it's the first of many. Good job guys!

Luis: Gracias mami really glad you enjoyed the song and there's still a lot more to come ;)

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Misu: Song so catchy, beautiful! I love dancing! Fighting!

OOC: Yes I love how this turned out you did good on this John próximo is coming to slay!

Derek: Thank you :) yes me too jaja :)

ooc: Thank you I had to redeem this catchy bop after they talked about Silentó glad I liked it and hope you're right :P
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 06/01/2017(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 06 January 2017 05:55:20(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I'm shooooooook! I love each and invidual voice from y'all but together? That's some damn greatness. I love that little vibe the song, makes me want to dance. I feel like you guys will do some cool stuff this year and I'm ready.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 06/01/2017(UTC)