logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2017 09:37:23(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Sway: Yes ladies and gentlemen, we've been trying to get her on air for 3 YEARS!
Lotus: 3 WHOLE YEARS!

Sway: 3 entire years have gone by without her sitting down at not one radio show but today everything changes!
Lotus: Literally everybody gets to do these but look at me now bitch! I'm next level lit [laughs] I probably sound so crazy being hype over an interview but y'all don't understand what this means to me!

Sway: I love it when people walk in this studio with energy! Now let's put it towards something that matters!

Lotus: Uh uh..

Sway: Yes huh! We got a nice beat for you, spit something for us and start our day off right!
Lotus: It's too early.. Y'all at least gonna give me a topic??

Sway: Nah no topic, just spit!
Lotus: Oh come on, give me something to work with!

Sway: Okay, just uh, cars!
Lotus: ....Boy. I'm really bout to flame yo..

Sway: Too broad? [laughs] Okay okay, the pippo listening are just starting their day, they starting the engine, give us some thing on that!
Lotus: Alright, I got this.

Walked out the house, put the keys in
Live from the cooped booth, repping MUDSZN
Yet again, I’m back for no reason, hold tight in the meantime
This a joyride
But some of yall might not like this next line
I’m the only one that’s out here doing shit
Go ‘head and size me up, I know yall mad I always do it big
Started from the bottom and stayed true to it
I’m nothing that y’all fucking with
Showed up to show out but had to show them what they shoulda did
Really made me start the engine, man I could’ve just started my bathwater
Got ready for bed, curlers and the sleeping mask on ‘em
Shouldn’t let it get to my head but why even stress myself
SOMEONE HELP!
I got questions, how can they answer on their label’s shelf??
No one else, can come through like I always do
Album 2, all you know, just forget it boo
This flow, tell me who can even come close
Day of the race, I don’t even have to run though!
Haa, this shit ain’t fun no more! No more!
Serving something celestial when I whip up my specials, that ain’t normal
Everyone who try me reap what they sow, just stop
Shouldn't have to remind y’all why I’m at the fucking top
Y’all really made me start the engine, I ain’t even had to do that
Conquering yourself is greater than conquering others, inner peace is how I do that!
Looking at my past like I’m looking through the looking glass
When you’ve been where I've been, you’d do anything not to go back
Welcome to my life, aye, this is my story
Now for something that really matters, Sway, check the mic for me
Go and tell the girls that they’re safe from here on out
MUDPIE, get to know the girl I was before I saw my way out

Come on now! THAT'S how you kick a show off!! Bars right there man, did y'all just witness what I did? Frestyling at its finest! Jersey taught you that?
Jersey taught me everything! You know how it is Sway, it's the East Coast, you're a disgrace if you can't spit! I honestly love freestyling, I was always good at it. As the story goes, we just put it on a track one day and BOOM! A career bitch!

I could just imagine 4th grade Lotus somewhere in Jersey battle rapping somebody's kid over by some school's swingset, you had to be the bossiest baddest and loudest kid of all time.
Maybe in China but when we moved I stopped running my mouth until I knew what I was saying! Learning English was a struggle of mine for a long time as a child but music helped me in ways I could never be more thankful for. I used to practice speaking English by making my own little remixes to all my favorite songs.

Wow. Rap has been part of your life for the longest time but you only became a rapper a few years ago. That's crazy when you think about it, right?
To be honest, it feels like I've been doing this much longer than I really have. People around me really have to remind me I'm a rookie because I just walk in a room like, "Girl, listen. You know me, you know what I do, step aside." It probably has to do with the fact that it really has been 4 years but I've only just dropped my debut a minute ago.

It's already been 4 years? Goddamn. You've done some big things since, plenty of hit records and your album swept up awards. How does that feel, to come so far in what seems like so little time?
Has to be the greatest feeling on this planet. It really didn't hit me until my album dropped, all of the progress, all of the success, all of the love.. It didn't happen overnight but it came together faster than it does for a lot of chicks out here, let me tell you! I really am blessed and I can never thank the fans enough for putting up with my bright ass.

Your fans really do go hard for you, together you guys are a force. What's it like to have that bond with your fans, not everybody has that.
To put it in the simplest of words, I rarely have a bad day knowing by bitches got me. RARELY! I always talk about how I keep my circle smaller than a period but that's a fresh lie! Every single one of my fans are my best friends, they're my muse, they're my ammunition, and I really couldn't without them. All of y'all listening at home, please know I have an undying love for you bitches, I appreciate everything and together we really do run this shit!

That's love right there, your fans held you down first album and now it's second album time. Doesn't that make you a little nervous? You set high standards for yourself and built a huge fan base, the pressure of trying to maintain all of it has to be real.
Nervous?..No. Since day one, I've gone in the studio rapping like all 7 billion people on this earth knew who I was and loved my shit. I've never fished to build a fan base or anything, I've simply been focused on being me and improving upon myself and my talents. I did that first album and I'm doing it second album, there's no pressure, the only person I'm worried about making happy is ME and all my real fans are gonna be happy with just that!

All this talk about the second album.. We might as well talk about it officially. When can we expect it and what should we expect to see on MUDPIE that we didn't see on What We Learn?
MUDPIE is still such a work in progress, I want to make sure this album is beyond perfect before I even hint it's done. It'll be ready by quarter two though, I'll tell you that! What you'll see on MUDPIE that you didn't before is definitely cohesion.. I feel like since it took so long for What We Learn to come together, there were so many themes and so many sounds being covered. Debuts are allowed to have their faults, and mines definitely did. Not this sophomore album though, y'all think y'all love Lotus now but the truth is, you guys ain't seen nothing yet! This album is really gonna set me apart from my quote unquote [makes quotation marks with her hands] "PEERS"!

UserPostedImage

Speaking of your peers, they're out here doing great things too!
They really are! There are a couple of good rappers out right now that I absolutely adore and support FULLY! Kara Romeo, Kidd Amaze, of course Deneil, and Rum but she's not even a peer, she's my mentor and I'll never, to be honest.

Yes! Yes! Just to name a few!
That's.. That's all.

Oh come on, not even Miki? I heard you two have worked together and everything!
Oh! Miki is like a little sister to me, I love that little girl! As a rapper though, she's.. She has a lot to work on. I could say there's potential but it's more apparent that rapping is something she does on the side.. for fun. And that's cool! She's going pop, her real music is gonna give the gays everything they want! She's a real star! But when we're chilling and she starts bumping her rap stuff, I turn that shit off.

[Laughs] I love how you're saying this so nonchalantly like they aren't fighting words!
So what if they are? She can't beat my ass!

Moving on, I really don't need you getting in trouble in your first radio interview, I want to have you back as many times as possible. As you know, everybody's been putting records out these days and they've had a lot to say, not necessarily about you though.. Or anyone at all, there aren't a lot of...
Names? Precisely! Everybody's got a lot to say but nobody's saying names! It's whatever to me, you'll never catch me pressed over passive aggressive bitches! They can say whatever they want to help themselves sleep at night. I really am THAT bitch, this glow will never fade and they hate it!

I always knew you were bold and confident but I never knew just how much until sitting down and talking to you! That has to throw people off all the time and rub them the wrong way. Do you ever humble yourself so that you don't come off as.. Polarizing?
Humble? Myself?! FOR WHO! It is not my job to humble myself for nobody's comfort! You scared? You threatened? You taken aback? That's a PERSONAL problem! I would never shrink myself for someone else! People can't stand it when you've got your shit together and know it. They call it "overconfidence" and do everything they can to try and knock you down. I swear, they try sooo hard to knock me down but they always fail! You can't knock me off of a pedestal I built myself, hoe! That's not how that works!

That's one of the things people admire most about you, you built a pedestal off of nothing but a blog and you used it to spread a message of love, self confidence and strength in the arts. You know what it sounds like when I go down the list of how rappers give back? Let me demonstrate: "How do rappers contribute to the real issues of the world? Well let's see, she raps about this...he tweets about that...they said this in an interview once before.. And OH, Lotus, Ms. UNICEF ambassador!" [laughs] There's a huge contrast there!
[Laughs] Yeah, like I know I can sound like just another gassed Instagram model [coughs] cause that was low key what I used to be [coughs] but I'm on a real live mission. When I'm out here grinding, I'm not grinding just because! I'm doing it for all of my MUDPIEs out there, for everyone buried in the negativity of their surroundings and the people that surround them. I do this for everyone forced to overcome and... bloom, if you will, in the worst of conditions. Everyone who comes to fruition when the ground pressurizes, I do this for them and so. much. more. I hold so much confidence within that I have no problem sharing that shit! I wish everyone was a big bad bold bitch like me! When we learn to love ourselves, we learn to love other real ones and love is what betters this world!

That's a message I can get behind! You have to admit it though, it's weird. Of all people, UNICEF chose you as one of their youth ambassadors. If we were judging books by its cover and choice of content here, you.. ain't UNICEF protocol. How did you even become associated with them?
Well, I went to rehab for those few months and I came out really thinking. I felt like I wasn't doing nothing to really solidify my existence. Yeah, Im famous and millions of people know who I am but what am I doing that's gonna really better the world and justify me taking up all this space? I assumed that if I found my true purpose then I would find myself. It wasn't until I started giving back to the community that I actually realized that it was my calling. This good deed wasn't being done because I felt empty but because I genuinely felt like I had a duty to make people whole again. It hit home with me when I started helping youngins, it made me think how I wished I had that kind of help myself. Anyways, I don't know, I reached out to UNICEF because I had this huge idea but those plans fell through and I ended up getting much more involved. They were happy as hell to know that I had no problem with them utilizing me in any way, I made myself 100% available. They appreciated that and one thing led to another.. Me being an ambassador was a controversial choice for them because obviously my look alone is so edgy and urban and my music is so angry and vulgar but instead of choosing a picture perfect celebrity, they chose me, someone from these kids' reality. Doesn't hurt that it also brings awareness to the youth that follow my career. It was a big step for them and I'm honored that they took it with me.

UserPostedImage

Amazing but wow, where has the time gone, it's already winding down!
What? Nooo, this was so fun!

I know! I've got a few quick questions for you and then I want you to do something special for us right before you go, are you down?
Am I? Of course, Sway, never been known to be anything but!

Bet! Alright first question, you and James Urie?
A force to reckon with! He's my moonlight, my everything, and he just makes me better! If you're listening at home, I luhhh you, big head!

You and Stephanie Fierce?
We're literally the same person, we've become best friends since working together and I'm really excited for all the things we have lined up for Running On Fumes!

You and Buddha?
[laughs] What a weird way to be asked! On this grand journey of finding myself I found a new belief! It's a religion I plan on sticking with for the rest of my life so yeah haha, life is beautiful! Lit lit!

Your favorite track on MUDPIE so far?
So far? Definitely Shiva. I think it'll be my official lead single, can't wait for y'all to hear it!

Well, my favorite track on What We Learn is definitely Unlisted!
Yas, mines too!

Yes, it has to be one of my favorite verses I've heard from you and I love it so much that I want you to perform it right here live on air for me, just to celebrate you finally booking a radio interview!
Yess, I'd love to! It's my best song and I never pay any attention to it! I'm hype as fuck, drop the beat!

Alright y'all, she opened the show hard and she's gonna close it even harder! Here's my girl Lotus performing Unlisted!

I am Lotus the flower, I am Lotus the bomb
Watch me pose like a butterfly then reveal I'm the one
You hear that big ass thump? That's me making an entrance
Tried so hard to tear me down, but I became the city centric
Franchise turned into a metropolis without a spec of real politics
Tell me what sense does it make? Is your lame major label going to waste?
Debut went #1 independently, this industry just begged for a taste
Story from there got too real, these fakes still remained in they place
Somewhere past "getting me started", 2 steps from "long, gone and finished"
Tried to keep a true tunnel vision but the focus took too long, Finnish
Thinking like, "Fuck, I don't ever come in second
But let me get it together, I'll be back on top in just seconds"
I'm just guessing that y'all might need a refresh on exactly who this is
But fuck the past, I'm the new bitch on the block, run along and tell your friends
Cause now I'm bigger and badder, I'm revamped and madder, so hungry for justice, the verdict don't matter
And no, your stats they dont mater, hell no, your bars never mattered
None of my feuds ever mattered, used to provide shade like my name was Mad Hatter
But I'm engulfing the world now, from Shanghai to Jersey, Godzilla Godzilla
I'm eye-raping you niggas, envisioned this whole lane as my steak dinner
You pussies stopped at these other females, I'm coming for the whole venue
Let's try Sarojini vs. the men, boo, used to getting swung on, this time I'll be first to
Who first up? Come on down, let me be your Bob Barker!
Yet to see you hoes in a cypher. Fuck these sound bites, where's the barkers?
Where's the beat, where's the music? This is all that I'm feeling
Wont play nice, wont blow steam, got niggas all in they feelings
...And they wondering why they always catch me frownin
Then turn around and talk numbers like we out here for accountin
Shit they really wondering why they always catching me frownin
Then throw they names in with my name as if they even amountin'

Have I been putting all my anger into the wrong spot? Am I out here fisting?
Do they think it's cute to keep forgetting? Should I leave this shit unlisted?
Cause I'm a successful cunt and aint much more to be done
I'm a successful bitch and aint much more to be pitched
Been putting all my anger into the wrong spot like I'm out here fisting!
They think it's cute to keep forgetting? Watch me leave this shit unlisted!
I'm a successful cunt, petty shit is my fun
I'm a successful bitch, done lived my whole life pissed

Wooh!

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 18/01/2017(UTC), erich hess on 18/01/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/01/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/01/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/01/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/01/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2017 21:18:23(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Andrea: hun i can't wait for the album! i am prepping myself for the experience of having every follicle of hair absolutely torn off of my poor scalp. loved the first record and i just know you are going to DELIVER with MUDPIE. i'm talking first class delivery, next day right at your doorstep type shit. second albums can be tricky though (damn, a bitch knows) so take your time and perfect that shit. i'll be waiting patiently. perched.

OOC: I love Lotus even more now! Great job on the interview. I always love reading these type of things. Gives a great insight into the characters and how they present themselves. Think this flowed really well :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 18/01/2017(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2017 23:35:04(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Elyar: You seem so humble and down to earth, many stars lose that when they make it big, but you just seemed so excited to be there, was also very insightful as before I didn't know much about you

OOC - I loves reading this, nice job :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
kandii on 19/01/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 19 January 2017 00:46:21(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
YoungHood: Yo, Lotus need to be on that kings brawl. I need that in my life. We need more rappers that just go ham and spit them bars.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 08/04/2017(UTC)