logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2017 15:09:45(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

BANKS - THE DEBUT ALBUM

EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 2017

UserPostedImage

AppleMusic wrote:
With his debut album, the Albanian born soloist Edin Kastrati builds on the success of his breakout single "Blowing Glass". Like that exuberant slice of dreamy alternative excellence, "BANKS" brims with a captivating mix of influences from 80's new wave to 00's alternative rock that gives us a clear indication that the 23 year old is here to stay, despite being in an industry where cookie cut pop music dominates the charts. Working in his favor, the 11 track excursion takes us through deep, story-like tales enhanced with funky percussion, smooth keys and emotive vocal melodies that will linger in your head for days.

T R A C K L I S T I N G

1. BLEEDING ME DRY
2. DUI
3. TRY AGAIN
*4. BAD HABITS
5. I LIED
6. NAILS
*7. BLOWING GLASS
8. WITCH HUNT
9. ALL FIGURED OUT
10.THIS WORLD & ALL THE REST
11.PULL ME UNDER

UserPostedImage

BANKS - THE NEW SINGLE

UserPostedImage
Artist: Banks
Title: "Bad Habits"
Release Date: January 23rd, 2017
Genre: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
Record Label: FREEDOM
Songwriters: Edin Kastrati
Producers: Eric Palmquist
From The Album: BANKS (2017)

"Bad Habits" is the newest and second official single by alternative musician, Banks. The record is taken from his upcoming self titled debut album "BANKS" that is set for an early 2017 release. The record was produced by Eric Palmquist and written by Banks as the newest single to come from the album and the final single release before the album hits stores. Banks entrance into the the music industry has been a rocky road, but the 23 year old seems to have found his niche in the world of music where genre's such as alternative rock seem to be slowing down considerably. But luckily for us alternative lovers, artists like Bank continue to keep the genre alive on the charts. For those of you who do not know Banks, the Albanian born musician began making waves in early 2015 after getting word that Freedom was launching a talent search. In the misc of this, Banks quickly took advantage of the opportunity and sent his demo out to FREEDOM headquarters.

After Nevaeh Martinez heard his earlier works, she flew the artist out to LA and had a string of meetings before he was official signed to FREEDOM in the summer of 2015. After being signed, Banks' life changed over night. After embarking on a short club tour, Banks begin recording his debut single and album. Luckily for him, there was a huge buzz and anticipation surrounding FREEDOM's talent search signee's like himself and fellow artist Anaísz, and it gave Banks a springboard for anticipation surrounding his debut. After entering the studio with Sunny Monroe and Erik Zullo and recording "Blowing Glass", Banks was finally ready to make his entrance to the music world. After blowing glass was released in late 2015, it came as no surprise that Blowing Glass became a massive hit, coming in at #2 on the official charts and topping genre charts alike. After Blowing Glass was released, Banks set away to record his album. Throughout the rest of 2016, Banks has been relatively quiet as he's been away recording his first album. As said before, in a industry where pop music dominates the charts, Banks wanted to make sure he released a body of work that didn't sound rushed and could have an appeal to many audiences, while sticking true to his roots. Throughout the months of 2016, Banks entered the studio with alternative music producer Eric Palmquist and they recorded a string of records in London, U.K. One of these records was his newest release "Bad Habits".

Bad Habits is a soft indie break-up anthem using a soft chant of "Bad Habits" with a mild guitar riff that carries the song through to the end. The record has some strong 80's vibes with it's addictive sounds that should have no problem making way on radio. The record sees Banks singing about having a bad habit, and that bad habit is going back to a "loved one" who clearly isn't right for him, and he's finding that, that bad habit is something that is hard to kill. The record has a melodic bass line coupled with a frisky drum beats driving the rhythm forward as Banks reintroduces himself in 2017. At a first listen, you’ll know in an instant that what you’re listening to is something intricately created and curated by the Edin Kastati. His core ability to belt lyrics that hit straight to an audience’s chest with the support from the groovy instrumentals behind his reminds us once again that Banks is a young artist with plenty of mileage to go a long way in music

Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits

I wanna feel nothing
Next time I see you
But I’m not telling my friends
I don’t want to get their hopes up
Bad enough that I do it with my own

I wanna progress from this thing I feel
Been acting cliche from the moment I met you
Drinking away my nights, sleeping away my days
How did I get in this situation?
I’m trying to gain control of this complication

But I guess bad habits are hard to kill
Cause I’m still coming home with you
Some things I can only see with my eyes closed
Yet your touch always pulls me in
Drawing sins all over your exposed skin

Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits

I’m supposed to be getting over you
Writing lines about how you’re always blue
Dragging me back to a place I once knew
But I’m lying by your side
Eyes glued to the sky
Hands roaming really high

Yeah I like going on adventures
You were a mystery, got taken with your history
But you ended up being my misadventure
And I was a mess, but now I’m much worse
You fucked me up, it’s hard to get it reversed

I wanna progress from this thing I feel

And your touch always pulls me in
Drawing sins all over my exposed skin

You have no reason to be mad at me
I’m trying to find myself at the sea
Of hurt and hatred you made
For us, for me and for my friends

So, I wanna feel nothing when I see you again
I wanna feel nothing when I see you again

Trying to progress from this thing I feel

Yet your touch always pulls me in
But I guess old habits are hard to kill
Cause I’m still lying here with you
Some things I can only dream of
And your touch always felt like love
And your touch always pulls me in

Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits

So, I wanna feel nothing when I see you again
Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits
Bad habits, Bad habits

Sounds Like

Edited by user 24 January 2017 15:23:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 24/01/2017(UTC), kandii on 24/01/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/01/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/01/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/01/2017(UTC)