logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2017 04:35:09(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Track: Sunkissed
Artist: Dakota
Genre: Pop
Label: Safe Haven Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Written by: Sarojini "Lotus" Luis, Airemese "Coke" Smith, Yasmine Kiambang, Mae Na Geum, Nina "Rum" Tarantino
Produced by: FancyN, inZane, Flame 1&2
Length: 2:58

Though Dakota Sanchez is best known for her tactics on social media, her history in Hollywood is an extensive one. The Native American bombshell had been modeling as a baby and had developed as a trained actress by middle school. She landed many roles as a young child, starring in independent films and becoming a child star that many expected to breakthrough to the mainstream while still in her adolescence. However, Dakota did not make a name for herself until many years later.

During this wait for fame, Dakota had a falling out with her mother and then manager and made her first big move from Miami to Los Angeles to live with her cousin Rum, who had just moved to the states to launch her own career. While her cousin became a famous rapper and well known producer, Dakota had gone back to modeling solely to keep money in her pocket but became once again motivated to pursue her Hollywood dream once persuaded by Rum. She created a few social media accounts and due to her heart stopping beauty and hilariously blunt personality, it did not take long for her to grow a huge following.

Sanchez did not stop there, using this internet fame to make opportunities for herself, auditioning for and landing roles in some of the business' biggest productions. It was clear that Dakota had truly become the industry's newest 'It Girl' after she covered GQ with a sultry photo shoot and interesting cover story. Not long after, Dakota teamed up with Glu mobile and launched her popular game app, "KOTA". It was number one on the free app charts for months, users finding themselves obsessed with the interactive simulation. Things seemed to be going great for Dakota, handling all of her different careers without a problem until controversy struck.

Rumors of her and Drew Westbrook, producer and ex-fiancee of Tisha Jackson, having an affair had grown so big that they couldn't be avoided. When asked if he and Dakota Sanchez were involved, Drew Westbrook claimed to not even know who Dakota was. To everyone's surprise, Dakota responded immediately, tweeting, "my whole FIST has been up [Drew Westbrook's] ass!" Though Dakota attacked Drew Westbrook and Tisha Jackson on that fateful night, the incident hurt all of their images, Dakota suffering the most. This wasn't apparent until when Dakota tried to launch her singing career months later, only for her debut album, Sunflower, to suffer a year's worth of pushbacks. The wait Dakota and fans were forced to endure wasn't in vain though, she used this time to mold her record into something even better.

Previously, the album was a side project for her, only consisting of rejected songs from people she knew such as her cousin Rum, her best friend Lotus and even Aikya Balan. During the months the album spent in limbo, Dakota put together a team of writers to help her write all new songs and really personalize the record. It's clear Dakota has been putting in a huge effort for all fans who've been waiting patiently to see what she has in store. So much that the model has been quiet on all social media for the past few months. It was revealed late February that Dakota would finally debut on March 6th, 2017, but the news was overshadowed by the news of Pop stars Serenity Scott and Eilidh releasing singles in the same week.

"Sunkissed" is a song recorded by the Sioux-Cuban model and actress Dakota Sanchez serving as her debut single, released on March 6th, 2017 by Safe Haven Records with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment. It impacted Pop and rhythmic radio on the same day. The song was written by Airemese "Coke" Smith, Sarojini "Lotus" Lui, Yasmine Kiambang, Mae Na Geum and Nina "Rum" Tarantino, with production from urban producer FancyN, indie alternative producer inZane and hip hop pop producers Flame 1&2.

Musically, Sunkissed is a flirty pop song with a sound and theme that's perfect for spring and summer, both of which are right around the corner. In the song, Dakota warns guys about the effect she'll have on them, comparing herself to the sun and her love to ultraviolet rays. "No one man can handle the exposure, exposure!" Dakota sings in her naturally husky tone that just drips sex. One thing her and her rapping cousin have in common is that though their voices differ in accents, Rum and Dakota share a rich lower register. Rum's singing voice works best on atmospheric PBR&B and even stripped R&B really highlights her soulful vocals but Dakota absolutely shines on this moody pop track, her personality blaring through the music and really taking control of the track all with the power of her voice that feels stronger than it truly is.

With a pulsating bass drum and synths that glow, the song is brought in on a good note with a sound that is almost tribal, an influence that can be connected to Dakota's native American roots. This morphs into an explosive chorus, the funky electronic instruments really making Sunkissed a pop gem.

Dakota

Burn baby, burn
Damn right, it hurts
Who actually wants to play it safe?
Lick your lips and stare
Touch it, if you dare
But try to hold me and you're just plain insane

No one man can handle the exposure, exposure
I pull away, they beg me to come closer and closer
Try to warn them but they're slower than molasses, tragic
Everything I touch it turns to ashes

A kiss like this hurts so bad, you really shouldn’t let me in
A kiss like this hurts so good, it’ll creep right under your skin
It’s dangerous, contagious, you’ll want to do it again
With a kiss like that, I try to step back but somebody always wants a hit (MUAH!)
It’s my narrative, I’m the executive, and I’m oh so selective about who gets written in
But catch me in the moonlight on the right night, and you just might get sun-kissed (MUAH!)

Burn baby, burn
For me, you yearn
But I swear, I'm not what you want
Think it's just my glow?
What you feel isn't natural
This is the part where you run

Because nights like these are when I shine the brightest, the brightest
Breeze through with ease, make you feel it's not worth fighting, but fight it!
Everything I touch it turns to ashes

It’s dangerous, contagious, you’ll want to do it again
With a kiss like that, I try to step back but somebody always wants a hit (MUAH!)
It’s my narrative, I’m the executive, and I’m oh so selective about who gets written in
But catch me in the moonlight on the right night, and you just might get sun-kissed (MUAH!)

Everything I touch it turns to..
Ashes to ashes
Lust to love
(MUAH!)

It’s dangerous, contagious, Ms. Don't Tell Your Friends!

Edited by user 07 March 2017 06:17:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/03/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/03/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 06/03/2017(UTC), erich hess on 06/03/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 08/03/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 08/03/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2017 05:48:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Bilal: Can I have a cringe-worthy Twitter stan moment? - YASSS. Wig flew. Snatched BALD. My bussy is slayed. OK, I promise to never say anything like that again...aside from the last one. That's a regular occurrence. Aaaanyway, this song goes hard. Such biting production, flirty lyrics and a very husky, sensual deliver. I like. I don't think anyone expected such a banger from you and it makes it that much sweeter when you hear it. I'll be honest, when I heard that a model/social media personality came out with a song I thought it would sound cheap and just another way of getting exposure. This is pretty fucking solid though. Less like Kim K's music attempt and more along the lines of Paris Hilton's output. That's not a drag, her album was amazing and I won't hear any slander. Can't wait to hear more of your material. Consider me perched.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 22/05/2017(UTC)