logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 01 April 2017 09:27:34(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Zuli: Mi am ah yardman, you a ah wasteman, wha gwan?? Badmind! Turn up the ting!!!

Melli: [exhales impatiently]

Poppy: [looks around at producers] I just want to know who's idea it was to have her translate the lyrics??

Zuli: What you ah say, heffa?

Poppy: We're literally gonna need a translator for her translation!! Where was the logic?!

UserPostedImage

first verse wrote:
We planned on buying snacks but they followed us through the whole store
Just for that, I swiped a snickers, best believe I'll be back for more

Poppy: You ever been in a store minding your business and got the sense that you were being followed? I get offended IMMEDIATELY! You really think that if I was stealing you'd catch me? How cute. Let me know how that worked out after your boss takes these 10 dollars out ya check!

Melli & Zuli: [stares at Poppy silently]

Melli: ..Well, Poppy, bless ha soul, is a lil' hooligan.

Zuli: Tagereg!!! She tan thieving!

Melli: ALWAYS stealin' some mess! Very klepto!

Poppy: It's not even like that. I haven't stolen since like...twenty-twelve.

Melli: See??? If ya steal, ya lie, if ya lie, ya steal! Get help!

first verse wrote:
You like to rant on brown liquor, everything small seems so bigger
Cry bout how it's you against the world, then link up with all of your niggas

Poppy: When I was really young, my uncle got sloppy drunk at the table and randomly started ranting about racism. I'm talking this grown ass blickety-black 6'4 man was literally sitting here boohoo crying about how it was him against the world just because he didn't like the stares he got whenever he walked into a room. Outloud it sounds like a really funny visual, I guess, but seeing that unfold over yet-another Sunday dinner was really haunting. Kind of traumatizing too if I'm being honest. Every time I think of that it makes me wonder if like.. that's how all black men feel. All men seem to have this tendency to feel like they have to be super-masculine and the only way to do that is to never show any sign of actual emotion. It's really scary to think about how millions of black men in this country would love to cry and yell and fight the whole world over how they're treated from day to day but they feel like they can't. It hurts enough to have to write about it in a song, could you imagine having to hold something like that in for years on years? Thatw as the reason why we wrote this album, really. To show that we understand and kind of be the outlet a lot of men need.

first verse wrote:
Your squad seems so shady and my girls quick with the shade
We get lit in the bando, that's where matches are made
I feel you looking up my body, I'ma flirt the whole way
Lips looking like a full meal, I plan to dine out today!

Melli: A 'bando' is the neighborhood abandoned house where all the delinquents go to do ungodly thangs. Usually the last resort, we only really go if everyone's parents are home. I met my first love in a bando, also conceived my first child in one too. My advice to the gits in school? Stay away from they, girl! Issa trap!

second verse wrote:
Suspicious boy!
I hold your hand, you always get so jammed when they pull you over
Target on your back and not just because you have a Florida tag in southern Georgia

Poppy: Everybody from Florida can relate. I don't why Georgia is so PRESSED on us, but they are so quick to pull over Florida tags!

Zuli: She knows tis cah she moved tah Black Mecca and refused tah get ah criss tag, whish mek tickets rack up and eventually, her license gat suspended.

Poppy: First of all, you don't have to tell all of my business and secondly, issa conspiracy!

Melli: Here we go!

Poppy: Why should I have to update my address in the first place? So they can find me?? You know how much it costs to get a new tag??? That's more money in THEIR pockets, just to make it easier to find ME and throw me in the system when a bitch go left! I will NOT participate!

Melli: 'N ya will NOT be drivin' eitha! [laughs]

second verse wrote:
I record just in case, your voice suddenly loses its base
Why do they get us all tight just to tell us 'have a good day'?
Mind's screaming, "fuck 12!" while simultaneously forcing a smile on our face
We get to dragging that pig, but only after he's walked away

Melli: Nobody likes gettin' pulled ova but the diffrance is y'all don't like gettin' pulled ova 'cause it's aggy, we don't like getting pulled ova 'cause it's parlous. And like, we don't just feel that way 'cause we've been scrolling through Twitter for the last few years, it's just that.. we've been black in America for the last few centuries and...

Poppy: [laughs]

Zuli: Mess!

Melli: It hasn't produced good outcome, ionn know what else to say!

second verse wrote:
It is what it is, you still got the free crib?
Up to no good, tryna forget the world we live in

Poppy: I think that's one of the best things about the culture, a month doesn't go by without there being a direct attack on the community but it never keeps us down for long. That's why we're so invested in music and other entertainment. We're so good at creating these escapes because we need them so bad.

pre hook wrote:
Came in looking like a blessing, feeling like a sin
And damn, I just wanna know you all
Where did you come from? What is your purpose?
Let me see your hands, one at a time
Came in looking like a blessing, feeling like a sin
And damn, I just wanna know you all
Where did you come from? What is your purpose?
Why do I feel like letting someone's son ruin my whole life?

Suspicious boy!
You juss look like trouble!

Mellie: ...Black boys are just so fine.

Zuli: Mi agree!!!

Poppy: One more time for the people in the back!

Mellie: Like.. you ever just sit back and watch a MAN take off his clothes and reveal glossy.. melanous..

Poppy: YES! ABSOLUTELY! I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!

Mellie: What did Dae say in 'CRASH!'????

Zuli: TAKE MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII—

Mellie & Poppy: TAKE!! MY LIFE!

Purchase 'Suspicious Boy' on iTunes now!!

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 01/04/2017(UTC)