logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 08 April 2017 04:10:49(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
UserPostedImage

DJ Envy: Everyone, he is back after a long time.

Charlemagne: We have been waiting for this man but not it seems like we can never get a hold of him, he done got married. Started a company. New Music,

DJ Envy: New music which everyone was waiting for

Angela: He has been a busy personal but let's not waste any more time and get to it, Kidd Amaze.

Kidd: Thank you, has it really been that long? what was the last time I was here?

Charlemagne: Last time you were talking about your first US tour, you signed to PR and you haven't even put out an album, you tell me pretty light skin.

DJ Envy: Oh boy here we go.

Kidd: Oh man it has been a long time my bad but I brought two singles with me and I'm here to tell my war stories.

Angela: Back then three years ago, you were just a young guy all excited and ready to show the world, and now look at you a top rapper in the game.

Charlemagne: Not the top but the top, Nobody is touching Kidd right now.

DJ Envy: No one, so you don't think Jay - C or JayMay, or even Drew

Charlemagne: This man put out an 'I'm going to take a break from rap,' and then everyone lost their mind.

Angela: I mean it was surprising seeing that you just did this album that everyone praised and then told people that you were going to take a break.

Charlemagne: So why that whole break thing

Kidd: Personally it was because I needed some time to just take a second to relax and come with something new.

DJ Envy: It was a big project and it was something that is still talked about today

Charlemagne: Don't get it twisted it wanted to make sure that when this third album drops it won't be compared to it.

Kidd: Damn you got me on that ~ He said with a laugh~ alright you want to know the real reason why it took so long to get back

DJ Envy: Why?

Kidd: Cause I tried that get the booty line and Airemese told me she was going on tour the next day.

~They all laughed~

DJ Envy: Charlemagne, you almost ended that marriage

Charlemagne: She doesn't know what she is missing. Opens up a whole new world.

Angela: You did an interview about that whole situation with Matt Y and how you started your own album, and since then you guys have done albums, did tours
have songwriters and producers did you imagine that for yourself.

Kidd: I did, I was always about having mine. Wanting to control my product, and I gave other people the same as what I wanted. And it wasn't anything special
I just knew what I wanted to have and create and I went out to do it.

Charlemagne: Let's talk about your first project Kidd in the Adult Table you said that there are things in that album that tie into the second album and so on.

Kidd: ~Laughs~ Oh you got that,

Charlemagne: I'm not a dummy, Kidd I'm grown too light skin

Kidd: the shade, I sorry I'm haven't done a lot of appearances on the radio but I'm getting back into the swing of things give me some time. Alright like you said
I have little hidden inside jokes between all my album work and the side project is just music that I like and want to share with everyone. I'm a nerd at heart and so
I think it is cool to have references to my past work in subtle ways that most people won't get unless they are up on it.

DJ Envy: Alright so give us an example of what is the inside joke and what wouldn't be.

Kidd: I mean it everywhere, I like how people get online and make all these connections that I didn't even know about until they say it

Charlemagne: Then is it really an inside joke or people are making this stuff up and you just go with it.

UserPostedImage

Kidd: ~Laugh~ Alright, the most recent one, the new song grown up. in there I reference a yellow jumpsuit. and I also say move and quote Ryu from street fighter.
did you know that reference comes from the first album iron fist in the artwork for that song you see a man in all yellow and his fist glowing, and in the video,
you see me with these magical powers and stuff cause of that, so those like four bars was all about video games and comics much like how Iron Fist was all about.

Charlemagne: man that is a lot, you didn't think of all that.

Kidd: Yes, Everything, in fact, my first song that I put out Advice freestyle. Told the story of this kid coming to a big city here to make his dream come true.
fast forward to advice part two off of my first work he creates this ego to get ahead and he gets ahead until he doesn't know which one is him
he comes to the choice that he should stick with the ego and try to sort of balance each other out Knock me Down you can see the ego is slowly
winning over reason. the voice saying you can relax calm down take it easy while Kidd, the ego, is saying he wants more it's not enough. He gets captured
locked away at the end of Kidd at the Adult Table, in the second one he is being put to worked he is like a slave that album gets a lot darker when this guy who was free
trying to get this level of fame that he wanted, is now a slave to it. only wanted to get money letting go of what he once was until what are we doing when he realises
he has to break away. Finally Grown up, he has now more than he knew and is now rebelling against what he thought he wanted.

DJ Envy: Damn that like a whole storyboard right there. How did you think about that?

Kidd: It was just a running joke. the first independent album touch on my first song here, then my second album touch on my first album, and so on. Created it was something special

Charlemagne: I still can't believe that. Tell me who is better than this man.

Angela: That is crazy, so all the stuff that you release have ties to one anther but the mixtape and the free singles

Kidd: Those aren't really canon so I can just do whatever. Those are the songs that I have written that don't really go to anything I just like them and want to share
but really I have people that listen to it and get a story feel behind it. Not just with the lyrics and the songs but I put a story behind the story and what's going on.
like the character could be anyone people really have taking a liking to all the characters Kidd, the ego, the temptress, the master.

DJ Envy you are really somebody different that you really take your time and craft a lot into your work

Kidd: I do, you know it takes time cause I want to make sure what I'm doing is something that I can look back and be happy and proud of.

Angela: you also have gotten married, do you guys know when the wedding was?

Kidd: People don't know this but I knew Coke now for about three years now. I'm always one for surprises as she can tell you, so I can't get out any details
but soon she is going to get something that is going to knock her socks off.

DJ Envy: we know about your surprises,

Charlemagne: Has she ever done anything surprised wise for you.

Kidd: The whole, surprised I brought home a baby brother thing.

Charlemagne: Anniken's baby.

Kidd: I go over and see she has a baby in her arms, I was about to call Maury thing, but I realised it was her brother and calm down

Angela: Do you think you will ever want kids

Kidd: Everyday. I kind of rub her stomach and keep asking but I always get shot down

Charlemagne: maybe it is because she isn't good with pets having a baby is out of the question.

~They laugh again~

Kidd: Nah she is really wonderful when it comes to her brother that I'm sure she will be an amazing mother

Charlemagne: So you are working on your third album now?

Kidd: Yes, I am working on the third one

Charlemagne: You going to call grown kid, or amazing man or the title is still a work in progress

Kidd: I'm going to call it sides. the name of the project and the content is new but the concept of it is something I wanted to do after my first album
but you know things happen and I felt like I had to change it to keep it.

DJ Envy: cause of the contract that you had with PR

Kidd: Yea, the way my deal was structured I had to do two albums. I was good with Kidd at the Adult Table going through PR but with the ways things went, I don't think
people would have taken me seriously if I drop sides first and then do The Rapper Handbook. The Handbook really came from out of nowhere and it had to stick if it
was going to be my first project of my own label or else I would have ended up back to where I started.

Charlemagne: But you know you have people saying that it was a classic album, like inspired other rappers to go out and do this like they don't need a record deal
if you have something people want to listen to you can eat and get out there.

Kidd: Yea, it really crazy that almost all my work happened through me. My Independent stuff, my free stuff, all of that was just music for people to like and understand
what I was as an artist and now I have that clout where I could go and now have to worry if people aren't going to hear me.

DJ Envy: Do you think there is anyone out there that beat you?

Kidd: Yea, anyone.

UserPostedImage

Charlemagne: Stop lying!

Kidd: ~Laughs~

Kidd: I been around the world and I seen people that want to do what I'm doing and love rap and love music
I always feel like I have to prove to everyone and myself that I'm the best one out.

Charlemagne: Who do you know that can beat you in a rap battle?

Kidd: I haven't met them yet, but they are out there. They're going to know I'm not easy to put down

Angela: are you going to wait another three years before you come back?

Kidd: No way I miss being with you guys and giving Charlemagne a hard time

Charlemagne: You don't give anyone a hard time light skin

Kidd: I'm not light skin anymore with all the shade look at this.

DJ Envy: Well again thank you for stopping by go and support Kidd new single Grown Up

Kidd: and Support Johnny Carter and Luxx and everyone at Just Record too. I thought this year we could have gotten a spot for the fan awards the favorite label.

Charlemagne: You playing with the big dogs you still got to grow light skin.

Kidd: If I come back as soon as I drop another single can you stop with the light skin,

Charlemagne: Only if you do it and not wait three years to come back.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 08/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 08/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/04/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 08 April 2017 04:41:48(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: you know, Kidd has a face for radio.

Karoliena: wow. That was pretty mean coming from you.

Erich: don rickles woulda wanted it this way. I did it for him. I did it for the don.

Erica: even though he's the king of the holy Roman empire...I kinda wanted to see Kidd deck Charlemagne.

Gretchen: more like Charmander,am I right?

Nina: bad jokes are our schtick,love. Off with you,Gretchen.

Gretchen:don't you Chloe me!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/04/2017(UTC)