logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2017 11:56:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Cristina Lake
Song: "Hynotized"
Songwriters: Cristina Lake
Genre: Alternative, Trip Hop
Producers:
Release Date: April 21st, 2017
Album: Sundown
Label: Daytime Listening

With the summer on it's way, artists are already revving up those summer releases. Whether it's pop, urban or in between, new releases are coming left and right for 2017 and especially moving into the summer. One artist who is next in line to release a new single off of their brand new, newly titled album is Cristina Lake. Cristina Lake has always been a mainstay within the music industry. In the past, Cristina Lake has been in the midst of terrible media scrutiny and even depression, but as years passed Cristina Lake has risen and is now one the veterans of music but still youthful in her own right. The start of Cristina Lake's lustrous career came with her debut NOLA, and since then Cristina Lake has released Chasing The Renegades, and the massively successful Toxic Woman that came out just last year. Riding high off of her new found confidence, Cristina Lake got back into the studio over an 8 month period as she took time to freely write music and create a totally new project that explores a musical style that she never experienced before with her three previous album. Cristina Lake has gone on to call her new album more melodic than anything she has done in the past. Cristina Lake called the upcoming music something like a "side project" that strays away from her previous works to keep things fresh and not so repetitive, and try new things, especially with music changing so drastically over the past few years.

The first single from the album was "Heartstrings" that came out last in 2016 and was produced by British producer, K-Gee and featured Jamel Carter (Jay-C). Heartstrings was met with mixed reviews that mostly criticized Cristina Lake for drifting into new territory sound wise and clearly shows Cristina's desire to experiment with different music types, as Heartstrings sounds more R&B than anything and is contrasting to her usual ballad heavy indie releases. Responding to the criticism, Cristina Lake stated that she does not plan on keeping herself pigeon hold in 2017, and felt that she was further enough in her career to be able to explore with other genre's and generally have fun now when recording. The harsh criticism didn't hurt Cristina Lake success wise, as Heartstrings became a worldwide top 10 hit and went on to surprisingly sell two million records, a successful new start for Cristina Lake and the so-called side project. After the release of Hearstrings, fans were anticipating the next release from Cristina Lake and to their surprise, the new single comes in April 2017, months after Heartstrings along with an album title to go with it.

"Hypnotized" is an official single from Cristina Lake and is release from Cristina Lake's upcoming fourth studio album entitled "Sundown". The album itself, is a record that sees Cristina Lake introduce musical concepts and sounds that she hasn't been familiar with in her previous releases, but as a fresh new start for a new sound and something like a "side project" for her to experiment with other genre's aside from her usual "indie", dreary like sounds all the while maintaining that same Cristina Lake aura within it. Three albums later, and Cristina Lake feels a need for a change and she's surely unapologetic about it and "Sundown" is surely to be Cristina's most exciting album yet. The record itself was recorded in January of 2017 with Cristina Lake's producer of the song, Allergy Kid after Cristina Lake wrote the song in London. After the being finalized and mixed, Cristina Lake waited for a time where she felt the song was ready to come out. Months past and fans begin to wonder what was to come next from this upcoming album.

Hypnotized is a trippy, alternative record that also includes elements of "Trap", "Indie" and even R&B. It's almost hard to put your finger on exactly what genre this record represents as it could be many. The record itself sounds dream-like, all the while maintaining that specific Cristina Lake sound and vocal that we've all grown to recognize. Slightly different and more hard hitting than Heartstrings, "Hypnotized" offers a tessellating, almost trap-house style set of beats as Cristina Lake offers her strikingly sultry vocal throughout the synth infused atmosphere and beautifully rhythmic backing beat. Cristina Lake has always been known for her unique, husky vocal that is both soft and in times powerful. Always immaculately controlled, Cristina's voice traverses with sultry undertones and ethereal, intangible instrumental arrangements throughout the record that leaves you feeling either trippy or hypnotic, and utterly sensual with bedroom banger. Cristina Lake offers lyrical content that she never has before, singing sensually about a love interest and their power to hypnotize her. Her yearning appetite for this lover just continues to grows until it becomes full on provocative, especially where Cristina sings: (Sing me a lullaby/Sing me a lullaby/One that feels just right/One that feels just right/I'm on my knees tonight/And not for praying this time). The song will be released on April 21st, 2017 through Cristina Lake's self owned label "Daytime Listening".

"I'm genuinely enjoying myself writing and recording the songs of "Sundown", it's a project that sounds fresh and new, completely. Topics, lyrics and sounds that I've never experimented with in the entirety of my career! I've released three albums going on four, and there's many things I haven't done, and I want to try a set of those things with this new album. In the past, I've wanted to try new things but always felt the need to conform and now after Toxic Woman, I want to continue to push the boundaries for myself without feeling afraid. I've reached a point in my career where I refuse to be pigeon-hold and worry about the criticism of what people think I should do. I almost feel like a new artist. I almost feel like I am in an absolutely new territory and it feels absolutely refreshing and that's definitely heard on Hynotized. Gabriel and I went through many different trials to get what I wanted perfect. It sound dream like, but it has that trippy notion and that hard hitting backing beat that I know people will love and I thank him largely for putting up with my neurotic nature. I always want to feel comfortable with what I am recording 100% before even putting it out and I am proud of what was made with "Hynotized", it starts off slow and smooth, much like my earlier works and then breaks into something unexpected and I think it's an exciting and refreshing record that people in this day and age can really get into."

"HYPNOTIZED"

I lived my life, not knowing of you
I carried on, but I wish I knew
How I come alive, how you make me feel,
At the slightest touch or what a kiss might seal

I met you once, I had no clue
It took me years, but it finally came true
It happened at once, a second or two
In the heart I was hit by cupid true blue

Now I want you to
Touch me soft, touch me gently
Look at me until I'm weak
Hold me closer than before
Guide me blindly through that door
Forget lovers of the past
'Cause i'll be your very last

Baby, your eyes hypnotize me when I look into them,
Calm like a solemn river, devastating like a mighty ocean,
Dangerous but obsessive, and that's what I crave for
Your eyes always hypnotize me when I gaze at you,
Had me dreaming someday they would hunt for me too
Finally they found their prey and I'm shaking all over,
It's like the end of the world and we're the only ones left,
Obliterate me under your spell, a moment not to regret

Look me in the eye, hypnotized, look me in the eye, hypnotized

I cannot speak, I cannot write
There are no words that can express love so bright
At first I doubted, I couldn`t believe
That something so perfect could actually exist

Whenever you smile, you smile with your eyes
And I look upon them and my heart truly flies
Even right now, when we`re hours away
I`m struggling to keep my feelings away
You're repeating in my brain and I can't wait to escalate
When I see you again, ooooh when I see you again

Just want you to
Touch me soft, touch me gently
Look at me until I'm weak
Hold me closer than before
Guide me blindly through that door
Forget lovers of the past
'Cause i'll be your very last

Sing me a lullaby
Sing me a lullaby
One that feels just right
One that feels just right
I'm on my knees tonight
And not for praying this time

Edited by user 23 April 2017 00:36:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 22/04/2017(UTC), kandii on 22/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/04/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/04/2017(UTC), MusicallyKyle on 22/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/04/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 23/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 27/04/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/05/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2017 17:41:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Amy Meyer: Cristina! It's always great to hear new music from you and this is no exception. I like the fact that you're changing it up a little bit and I know that some fans aren't always happy when that happens but this is simply a great song, regardless of genres. Lyrically I think it could be just about the best song you've written and I love the change in styles, I can't wait to hear what the next album will bring!
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2017 20:20:48(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: I'm really excited and curious about your new record! I like that you're willing to try new things, and it's working! You are a chameleon! The song is different from your previous works, but I can say that it's one of your best! This new sound totally fits you! I can't wait to hear the full record!
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 25 April 2017 04:13:58(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: A Queen! Honestly, at this point you can release anything and it's going to be a hit. A great song, but it's not like we can expect anything less from you! Loving the new vibes!!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2017 05:40:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Amy Meyer: Cristina! It's always great to hear new music from you and this is no exception. I like the fact that you're changing it up a little bit and I know that some fans aren't always happy when that happens but this is simply a great song, regardless of genres. Lyrically I think it could be just about the best song you've written and I love the change in styles, I can't wait to hear what the next album will bring!

Cristina: Thank you Amy, I intend to continually try new things musically. There may be a few people who aren't too happy with this, but at the end of the day as musicians we want to continue to experiment to keep things fresh for us. That's where I am at this moment in my career. I appreciate your kind words!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 27 April 2017 05:44:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: A Queen! Honestly, at this point you can release anything and it's going to be a hit. A great song, but it's not like we can expect anything less from you! Loving the new vibes!!

Cristina: I'm flattered by your words, thank you!

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
Johnny Carter: I'm really excited and curious about your new record! I like that you're willing to try new things, and it's working! You are a chameleon! The song is different from your previous works, but I can say that it's one of your best! This new sound totally fits you! I can't wait to hear the full record!

Cristina: Being called a chameleon is a huge compliment considering I've done three prodominately and strictly indie/alternative albums! To be looked at as a musician who has settled in and mixed well with the change is highly appreciated. The full record will be out this summer (;

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 27/04/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 21 May 2017 23:16:15(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Coke: Okay miss ma'am, this is a song. I love the dark groove it has and the lyrics are just so sexy. Hypnotized has been on repeat damn near all month and can we just talk about how you're always serving a total look? I live for you, Cristina! Yas! A talented actress and a singer, what can't you do??
Offline Moquel  
#8 Posted : 22 May 2017 03:33:04(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: So this song really makes me want to get a lovely chair, preferably a black chair, red wine and me staring at the beach, dreaming of how this guy I saw at the bar was so goddamn cute but I think I'm a little too batshit crazy for him. That's why I adore you Miss Lake, your music is dream. It's something to reflect on and enjoy.

occ: So happy to see you still playing with her. Always been one of my favs from your characters.
UserPostedImage