logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2017 12:05:15(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Track: The Show Must Go On
Artist: Mi•Mi
Genre: K-Pop
Label: SM Entertainment, Five Pesky Kids, Dahlhouse Records
Written by: Geum Namae, Mi Sun Kim, Airemese "Coke" Smith, Yasmine Kiambang, Mi Kyung Lee
Produced by: Flame 1&2
Length: 4:30

The Show Must Go On is a song recorded by the Korean-Pop girl group, Mi•Mi, made of members Mi Sun Kim, Mi Kyung Lee, Geum Dae Na and Geum Namae. The song was written by Geum Namae, Mi Sun Kim, Airemese "Coke" Smith, Yasmine Kiambang and Mi Kyung Lee with production from Flame 1&2. The song is the group's comeback after almost a 2 year long battle with one of their labels. The song is the lead single for their 3rd and rumored final album, "When​ I Grow Up". The song was released by SM Entertainment, Five Pesky Kids, and Dahlhouse Entertainment worldwide for digital download on April 21st, 2017 and it impacted Pop and Rhythmic radio on April 23rd, 2017.

After the release of their successful sophomore album, "He Say She Say", it didn't take too long for them to begin work on their next album, "When I Grow Up". On December 23rd, 2017, the group posted a track on their Tumblr called "0923" after previously confirming that they were working on the next album a few weeks earlier. Many speculated about the song's true meaning, the lyrics obviously criticising their experience with labels at such an early age. The speculation didn't last for long, Mi•Mi and their team taking legal actions against SM Entertainment just weeks later.

After declaring war on SM Entertainment with their standalone M&M's Chocolate funded single, "Melt", Mi•Mi was relatively quiet for a year and a half while on tour, leaving fans worried that they were disbanding soon. It seems that as the battle with SM progresses, their official split has become less and less likely. As stated by insiders, "When I Grow Up" was finished and sent to Mi•Mi's labels in January 2016, which SM Entertainment found extremely disrespectful towards their label. The album was left sitting on ice until 2017, the sudden revisions implying that the group and their estranged label have came to some kind of agreement. All parties involved have been quiet on the matter.

"The Show Must Go On" is a K-Pop song, with a huge electronic influence. The instrumental consists of a jumpy piano, flirty tambourine and countless synths that are enhanced by edited vocal sampling. A song about refusing to give up on love, the fast temped track turns out to be one of Mi•Mi's catchiest and yet, is not as vocally demanding as their previous sound. It seems this new beginning for the girl group has brought with it a new style, the R&B flavor Mi•Mi's grown to be known for seeming completely non-existent in "The Show Must Go On".

Though​ the members of Mi•Mi have been open about their wishes to go solo in the past year, it doesn't seem to affect their performance together in this single at all. After DAENA's back injury convinced SM Entertainment that she had no place in the group, it seems that her solo debut single "TEAM" has restored the label's faith in her. For the first time in a single, DAENA opens the song and maintains an actual presence , her seductive parts and strong voice​ standing out for once. As usual, Misu takes the lead, her softer approach and unique tone really making the song. After the first listen, it's clear that her parts are the one's that people will sing along to the loudest, nothing foreign to the obvious front of the group. What's shocking is that the song manages to also compliment Mae's voice, something that seemed to be a challenge for the group trying to do right by their weakest vocalist in the past. On "The Show Must Go On", Mae sticks out in all the right ways. Her vocal ability didn't suddenly gain... ability but she feels much more charismatic than before. We hear much less of Miki Lee, something fans fear is a result of her being way more vocal about her SM hate than any of the other girls. Whatever the reason is behind her limited solo appearance in the song, she certainly makes the most of it, rapping a short verse that would be entirely forgettable if not for her high-pitched Korean tone that makes everything sound way cooler than it really is. Together, they sounds better than ever, all of their voices have clearly matured in the last two years and it's really showing through those signature harmonies.

Misu
Miki Lee
DAENA
Mae
Mi•Mi

나는 너를 떠날 수 없어 - I can not leave you

Something told me I wouldn't make it
When you're not on my lips, I feel naked
You saw a mosaic in my shattered dreams
Now my reflection is just you staring back at me

I talk to strangers about your love until I turn blue
Even tried to kiss some, pretending they were you
Softest touch with the strongest hold
I think I'd die if "we're close" becomes "were close"

There's no part of you I could ever hate
With every memory we make, I'm reminded of fate
Just when I think you're unreal, you leave a scar
So hard to not look up to you when you're my favorite star

I lick the tears off your face as they fall from your eyes
You're my weakness, babe, every time

I'm stronger than this but it's what I know you'll do to me
Can't come crawling back if I never leave

As long as you have a hold on me
As long as you are a piece of me
Naneun neoleul tteonal su eobs-eo, the show must go on
As long as I can't be with you
As long as I can breathe with you

Gimme gimme,
all or nothing
Gimme​ gimme, give me something
Gimme gimme, the strength to carry on
Gimme gimme, all or nothing
Gimme gimme, the show must go on

Something told me I couldn't help it
I want you all to myself, I'm selfish
A touch like velvet, yet your hands are so rough
You're the only part of me I've ever loved

Those blank faces even start to resemble yours
If there's a day where I can't see you, you'll form
My beautiful liar with the guiltiest heart
I trace the lines on your hands, longing to know who you are

There's no part of me that doesn't lock up
My mind says I should leave but my feet won't budge
Just when I thought​ the high wasn't real, you let me down
I scream your name because it's my favorite sound

You're my weakness, babe, every time

Gimme gimme,
all or nothing

No one told me it'd be easy, giving up on a love that completes me
Usually the heart of the party but my heart stops when you feel on my body
Now we're slow dancing, romancing, you always catch me off-guard when you drop me
Took a sip from the fountain of your love, only time I stumble on my knees and feel godly

You're my weakness, babe,
every time
Oooh!

Gimme gimme,
all or nothing

thanks 10 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 22/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/04/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/04/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 23/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/04/2017(UTC), 2001clay on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2017 20:10:25(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Yaaaassss ladies! I'm in love with this one! It's actually on replay and I'm jumping around in my house! Can't wait to hear more girls! I'm sure I will love every single release! Slay my existence!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
kandii on 22/04/2017(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 25 April 2017 04:11:05(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: A bop with meaning. Definitly a great song and a something new to the ear. I love me some Mi•Mi so keep on releading new music, please! ♡
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
kandii on 25/04/2017(UTC)