logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2017 12:32:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
JAMES URIE - FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM - "LIBERTY?"
Album Title: LIBERTY?
Release Date: July 2017
Recorded: 2015-2017
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Rock, Alternative
Producers: James Urie, Julian Emery, Jolyon Thomas, Tom Dalgety, Bill Owens

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

LIBERTY? is the fifth studio album by rock artist James Urie set to be released to stores and digital retailers in July of 2017 with distribution from Urie's current label Safe Haven Records. The record comes after James Urie's hiatus from music to tend to his personal life, personal demons and even finding love all the while. During this time, Urie was slowly recording new music for an eventual comeback. The singles so far from the album have been promotional record "Better Than Hell" and the official single "Corpses" released in June of 2016. The record features production from James Urie, Julian Emery, Jolyon Thomas, Tom Dalgety, and Bill Owens.

Liberty is also a follow for James after releasing his album "The Recovery" in 2013. The record drifted through the uprising and new found confidence and self appreciation of James Urie, letting go of anger that he had shown in the mainly depressed third album effort, "Tales From The Struggle". Each of Urie's albums and projects reflects on where the star is in his life, as he shares his inner deepest thoughts with his dedicated fan base that can relate to him as well. After marrying is then wife Gemma Kane, the album clearly showed a confident Urie and things were going excellent for his personal life, and it showed in the final product of the album. Although sounding strong on the record, the lyrics showed that James was still holding on to personal demons. The album not only garnered a strong commercial response pushing out three number one singles as well and following the album James embarked on a world tour. After his tour finished, it seemed all was going well and James took a break to spend time with his wife Gemma and pursue an acting career.

This led to Urie landing the lead role for an Starz tv series entitled "Everything's Fine" where Urie played a nerdy film major student, Ronan Rabenstein. All seemed to be going well and James even confirmed that he had been working on a new project. And all of a sudden, Gemma and James Urie split and had a divorce that settle out of court with rumors spreading that Urie had to legally pay Gemma a huge lump sum of money. Their fairy-tale of a relationship seemed to only be dark and not all of what it seemed behind closed doors due to the sudden and nasty break up these two had. After the breakup, it seemed that James's journey to break his depression took two steps back and he never really opened up about it. Everything's Fine got a greenlight and James was known to be a hot prospect on set, but what people really wanted was some new music.

In 2014, James released pictures of him recording new music and then took to his website to post previews of three different songs. His fans immediately went into a frenzy, as anticipation built up for this new music. The lyrics were each heartfelt and deep which had us viewers recognize this time in James's life as being quite tough as we can assume. And with a few weeks of waiting, James Urie is here to finally let us in in the continuation of his story. What does he have to offer? We are about to find out. "Better Than Hell" was the promotional single taken from an the then, unknown project by James Urie. The record was produced by James Urie and Bill Owens and drifted into a more heavy rock sound that James Urie hadn't exactly gone into this yet in his career. The record was looked at as an alternative rock based record that slowly broke into a heavy rock influenced smasher by the time the chorus rails on to the track that is perfect for all rock fans alike as it gave fans classic Urie, but a breath of fresh new Urie attitude and sound that makes it a compelling listen throughout the track.

Urie sings in his signature hallow, possessed and deep like tone with hard hitting lyrics and hard hitting guitars and a drums that go perfectly with the James's vocals. Despite being a confident record, it's obvious James still had personal demons. "Better Than Hell" was met with critical acclaim. However, since then James has been rather quiet. In fact James completely fell back from music for quite a while. The only major thing James had done since late 2014 was embark on his Night of "1000 Riffs" tour with opening acts Kai Rollins, Lou Basset and Mariko. James Urie barely made any appearances leading up to this year and it made his fans worried that James Urie was retiring from music all together. In 2016, it was confirmed that James Urie was not only in a serious relationship with fellow urban artist Lotus, but also working on new music. Sadly, there was no new music releases from James Urie in 2016 either.

In 2017, James Urie made his first public appearance in two whole years when he appeared at the Fan Choice Awards, surprising many with his attire and his fans for making a public appearance. This created speculation that new music could indeed be on the way. Luckily for them, they didn't have to wait any longer. Corpses was released on June 1st 2017 and reached the #2 position on the charts. Now, James Urie is back with his first official album in years.

"LIBERTY?", is an rock album that goes through many different subjects that James Urie has found personal to him since the release of his album, "The Recovery". James has been recording the album since that 2015, and the now 26 year old has experienced some major events in his life and has seen changes that have happened in society itself that made him question the so called "Liberty". James Urie recorded most of the album in the United States, but recorded some tracks in Australia, Sweden and the United Kingdom as the artist has also spent time traveling during his "hiatus" in music. The initial subjects present in "Liberty?" are politics, like the socially unremitting album opener "Shattered Glass", the confusingly compelling "Question Existing" and or depressive but optimistic "Numb", which really portray the album's questioning title. There are also subjects of love, heartbreak and anger, among other subjects that make the song of mix of subjects, and lyrical content that really brings James Urie back to centerfold. Soundwise, James Urie stays true to his roots, but brings in harder sounds that he's never experimented with before in records such as "Better Than Hell", "Black Angel", "From Within" and "Annihilated"; electronically infused alternative rock in the songs like "Questions Existing" and "Shattered Glass" and even offers catchy rock tunes such as heard in "Corpses", "Kill You With Kindness", "Companion" and "Mysterious". All in all, "Liberty?" has so much to offer in it's sounds, lyrical content and James Urie's general performance. The the tracks serve a purpose, and that's what makes "Liberty?" worth the listen. In what is James Urie's fifth studio album, it may very well be his strongest.

SINGLES

UserPostedImage
"Corpses" was the first official single from James Urie's 5th studio album "Liberty?".
The single will be released on June 1st, 2017 as the first official release by James
since his last single "Better Than Hell". This is also James's first single in three
years after Urie took a much needed break from the industry following a break-up and
general exhaustion. The record speaks cleverly about your "dead" or forgotten memories
(corpses) coming back to haunt you. James Urie uses his vocals and lyrics to tell a
story about your own dark past taking it's own toll on you and for you to find a way
to bury that memories for good before they cause you to go off the deep end. The record
has since reached the #2 position on the charts and is James's highest solo chart entry
since 2012

UserPostedImage

It's finally here. I still look back and cannot believe how quickly four years
have passed. It's like I just blinked, and we're here. But it's time, the time is here to drop
this new record. I've spent all of three years recording this album. And for good reason. I gener-
ally needed time to find that inspiration again. I released all four of my albums back to back and
by the time I released my fourth one, I generally felt like I didn't have much more to sing and
write about, and I feel like that was one of the reason's in which it took so long for this album
to come. It's been a slow, much needed process. I've experienced so much within the last four years,
understood myself more as a man, as a musician and most of all, found inspiration for this album all
the while. This album has gone through so many make-overs, scraps, and re-do's over the past few years
but it has been very much worth it and this record will tell a story for all who listen. It's much more
than just a rock record, but it's a testament in many ways. My personal accounts, my personal beliefs,
my understanding of the world and how fucked up things might just be today. "Liberty?", where the fuck
is the liberty? It's something I questioned while recording this album and that's ultimately why I
decided to go with that as the title. I'm 26 now, the last time I released an album I was 22. My
understanding of the world, and myself has changed. I still fight my personal demons, and It'll be
demonstrated and shown on this album, but I have become a better me, I've recovered who I truly am
and even though there's still so many questions existing, I'm glad to be able to share my accounts
through the lens of rock music, and really bring that back to the forefront. Some may so I'm not the
voice of rock music, but I'll be the voice of myself, the voice of the ones fucked up in the head
but too afraid to admit it, the voice of a man who nearly ended his own life yet survived, the voice
of a man who fell in love with someone so toxic it almost killed him, the voice of a man who lost his
own footing trying to find love, the voice of a man who finally found his soul mate. The voice, the
voice of LIBERTY.

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:23:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 02/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 02/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/07/2017(UTC), kandii on 24/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 11/09/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2017 14:15:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Shattered Glass ”
Length: 3:25
Genre(s): Rock, Indie Electronic
Writer(s): James Urie, Devin Laborde

"Shattered Glass is the opening track off of James Urie's fifth studio album LIBERTY?
The record itself has a length of three minutes and 25 seconds and is the general intro
of the album itself, and is the album opener. The record was written by James Urie and
Devein Laborde and was produced by James Urie alongside Julian Emery, who is responsible
for co-producing much of the album with Urie. "Shattered Glass" is essentially a conscience
record that particularly expresses social unrest with the general government. Shockingly,
James Urie doesn't hold back on the brash rock record that opens up about the fictional
tale of what is the "American dream" and the crooked government in which we live along-
side. In politically driven lyrics, James Urie is essentially telling his audience to
"wake up" as he asks "Is this how you want to get by? |Why not make the most of your
life?"
constantly throughout the song.

With "Shattered Glass", LIBERTY? kicks into gear immediately with heavy guitars, thrashing
percussion's and growling vocals by James Urie. The heavy guitars that form the introduction
are a real shock to the system as they blast almost instantly when the song starts. The song
is edgy in sound but conscience in lyrics and is a generally raw, and bass heavy way to intro-
duce the album to his listeners.

Lyrics;

You're born to see
The want of the American dream
(You live)
(You learn)
But is it what you deserve?

Our lives are dictated by the festering corporate hands
(They dig)
(Deep down)
Only to take away our right we held

Shattered glass is raining from the sky
Is this how you want to get by?
Why not make the most of your life?
This is why we just have to fight

The notions, the memories, black waters become the sea~
(Small hands)
(Forgotten)
Upon the everlasting mountain

Our mouths sewn shut
Words strike worse than any small blade
(Ears closed)
(Teeth grit)
Is this what we want now

They tore us apart, this what they ask for
Upholding our nations pride and joy
Devastating congress calling to action
Every last one of their dogs and their toys

They worked so hard to get money in hand
But all they did was leave the river dry
Forcing defenses, massacre!
Telling us freedom is all a lie!
Telling us liberty is all a lie!

Shattered glass
Shattered glass
Shattered glass
Shattered glass

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:16:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/07/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2017 06:50:46(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “From Within”
Length: 3:40
Genre(s): Alternative Rock
Writer(s): James Urie

"From Within" is the second track off of James Urie's fifth studio album LIBERTY?
The song follows album opener, "Shattered Glass". From Within was written by James Urie and
produced by none other than Tom Dalgety. The record itself is an alternative rock record that
recalls the past, and looks as if James Urie is looking back at his dark days, using lyrics
such as All those voices in my head and Of hearing what those whispers meant to
get across the general feeling. He explains that because of this, he built a wall and hid behind
it. But now, he explains that he's stronger now and ready to start a war. Whether or not this
is still on the rim of the opening track of Liberty, it looks as if James Urie is looking
to enact some sort of revenge after being lied to. On paper, it sounds like a love song, but
From Within can be interpreted as so much more than just that, and in fact, it isn't a love
song. It's a song about coming to one with yourself and recognizing all the lies and deceit
of yesterday, and finally feeling ready and brave enough to enact on it.

From Within brings the track to a driven start with the growling bass and groovy beat.
When the chorus kicks in, things pick up a notch as the bass becomes powerful and the
Drums crash, Urie's voice roars with backing vocals supporting it. The bass guitar changes
up the riff, but it all gets a bit more funky when the bass solo kicks in. A brief drum
interlude precedes it before the solo dramatically comes marching in, at the end crashing
back into the epic chorus. It's the perfect continuation from the first track on LIBERTY?
and really fulfills the appetite for listeners wanting more following the album's rather
brief first song.

Lyrics;

All those voices in my head
I never listened to what they said
Always spoke my mind instead
Of hearing what those whispers meant

Always known what path to take
I never learned from my mistakes
All the choices I must make
Will lead to my untimely fate

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, yeaaaaaaaaaah
Because all those years of being quiet
I built a wall and hid behind it
Because now I need to start a fire
Burn the walls and break the silence

But I'm stronger now than ever before
And I'm prepared to start a war
And all the lies that I was told
Will burn away with all there souls

Always lived my life with courage
Never thought it would be perfect
Hoped to be a better person
I hope that everything is worth it

All those times they put me down
I hoped that someday I'd be found
And all that I could do for now
Is sit and watch what had gone down

Because all those years of being quiet

But I'm stronger now than ever before
And I'm prepared to start a war
And all the lies that I was told
Will burn away with all there souls

And all those years of being quite

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:20:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 03/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2017 08:25:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Kill You With Kindness”
Length: 4:40
Genre(s): Alternative Rock

"Kill You With Kindness" is the third song taken from James's fifth studio
album "LIBERTY?" it follows the last track "From Within". Kill You With Kindness is one
of the longer tracks on the album, and has a total length of four minutes and forty sec-
onds. The record was written by none other than James Urie and features production from
Alex Fitts. Kill You With Kindness is an alternative rock record of a slower tempo to the
previous two tracks. The song is about using his kindness as a way to 'kill' or get back
at an enemy who once, hurt or betray him. Throughout the record, although James admits to
having a strong hatred for a particular catalyst, he doesn't want that person to seem like
they've gotten the best of him, so he'll act as if he's unphased, thus using 'kindness' as
a shield. The record is so personal, that it doesn't take long for a listener to probably
start thinking of who the record could be about. Over the years, James has mostly had issues
with his own brother Matt Urie, his former members in the Walls, but most particularly his
ex wife, Gemma. It's already known that James and his forer band mates are on good terms, so
that only leaves one person in mind that this song could be about, but that's still very
much so questionable. Still, James Urie tells a relatable story of being swayed into thinking
an individual is one way before being turned on, and in turn, now there's much animosity.

Production wise, KYWK is an all around rock song, but obviously has some influences of other
genre's that give the song a catchier vibe, but all in all, a very interesting sound. For one
track seems to take hip-hop and alternative electronica and mix them seamlessly together,throwing
in hints at a handful of other genres such as trip-hop and rock. K.Y.W.K is class rick in the use
of loud guitar lines, but trip-hop in the drumbeat, and indie with the synthesizers. Vocally, James
manages to sound creepy and entertaining all at once as he employs a variety of vocal styles throughout,
ranging from low chanting to overarching with spontaneous sounding melodies. Listening to track three
clearly gives you a 'badass' feel.

Lyrics;

Your grip too intense,
Like the devil is behind me
Pulling my chain to go down, down, down, down
It’s a spiraling tornado, but you gotta remember
I was the foundation that lifted you when you were at your lowest
And now you've turned against me
How could you take me so high then bring me so low?
I guess that's what happens when you never learned how to love

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

A million little pieces is how I feel,
You got me tangled in knots,
My insides so twisted.
You make me want to hate you
And break you into two

I have to remind myself
To kill you with kindness
Cause that's all I got
I'll stare into those cold eyes of yours
And that very, very lonely heart
Sometimes my hatred will get the best of me
I’ll pinch myself to remind myself

I want to break you into a thousand little pieces,
While I step to hear the crunch.
Feels almost like a true victory,
But my soul can't hurt others with such animosity

Where did things turn
From sweet to sour?
From bad to worse?
You stuck to me like glue
And you were hard to shake off.
The more I tried to push you,
The more you tried to control me.
Every time I went to break free
You couldn't help but cage me.

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

A million little pieces is how I feel.
my insides so twisted.
and break you into two.

I have to remind myself
Cause that's all I got

Shattered and standing here
Looking at these millions to pay
My reflection in so many directions
Two ends of the spectrum
I'll interpret it how I want to
But baby, just remember
You'll never get the best of me

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

A million little pieces is how I feel.
my insides so twisted.
and break you into two.

I have to remind myself
Cause that's all I got

You can beat me with sticks and stones
But my heart you'll never reach
You see when the light plays its part,
The dark side takes a seat
And therefore you are the one who really
Is shattered into a thousand little pieces

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

I have to remind myself
Cause that's all I got

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:22:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 03/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 03 July 2017 15:42:52(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Mysterious”
Length: 3:40
Genre(s): Alternative Rock, Indie

"Mysterious is the fourth track of James Urie's fifth studio album Liberty?
The song itself follows the previous song "Kill You WIth Kindness". Mysterious has a le-
ngth of three minutes and forty seconds and was produced by James Urie along with American-
producer Alex Fitts. "Mysterious" is clearly one of the darker led tracks taken off of the
album and truly gives you an essence of James Urie through his dark lyrics throughout the
record. The song itself was written by James Urie after a dark dream, and so the lyrics
are particularly fictional, but tells a story of being trapped in a world so mysterious,
where's he's locked away and denied freedom. The song mysterious, fits perfectly on the
"LIBERTY?" album and explains the restrictions he's living with in the power of the un-
"attainable power" as said in the lyrics. My freedom rests in the hands of unattainable
-power, My wisdom weeps as I watch them watch me from their tower
giving you the sense
that James Urie is locked away from his own freedom, and ultimately denied that freedom. In
many ways, he's locked in this nightmare, and is begging to be awoken from it.

Lyrically, Mysterious is one of James Urie's best songs, the dark and deep lyrics get across
a descriptive darkness that Urie has become known for. Production wise, the song is a slice
of alternative rock, but has elements of indie as well. With the drum arrangement
slowly swaying behind the rather slow bassline, James Urie sings slowly and legibly so that the
lyrics hit home to any one who listens. It's a deep song, worth a listen.

Lyrics;

I open my eyes in a world so mysterious
The tranquility, so strange to me, am I delirious?
A flicker of a memory, have I been here before?
Distorted figures real or not, I'm not so sure
I open the door in search of something more

But I trip and fall into a pit of blackness
The demons crawl on my back in madness
They say they choose to live in sadness
(It's good practice)
Screams of silence fill my heart and soul
I reach out my hand in pain that I have never known
I feel incredibly alone trapped on my own

My world is so mysterious, mind full of sorrow
Thoughts so desperate in a place so decadent
Darkness surrounds me, never been so lonely
When will this pain erase, just wake me up please

A shadow reaches out and helps me to my feet
Wipes away my the tears and explains everything to me
But then he tells me I'm not free and throws away that key
It seems I've crossed the bridge between life and death
I feel the strings on my limbs and in my head
The anger and lies I'm fed is all that's said

My freedom rests in the hands of unattainable power
My knowledge falls as they watch me from their tower
I hide my face and wait for the final hour
When will this darkness I'm trapped in end?
I really hope that I’m asleep and this is all pretend
My emotions contend, disbelief is my only friend

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:25:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 04/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 03 July 2017 15:52:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Corpses”
Length: 3:50
Genre(s): Rock

"Corpses" is the fifth track of James Urie's fifth studio album Liberty?
The song itself follows the previous song "Mysterious" and was the first single off the
album, "Corpses" was written by James Urie and produced by James Urie along with the help of
Julian Emery. The record speaks cleverly about your "dead" or forgotten memories (corpses)
coming back to haunt you.
James Urie uses his vocals and lyrics to tell a story about your own dark past taking it's
own toll on you and for you to find a way to bury that memories for good before they cause
you to go off the deep end. James Urie wrote this song from personal experiences. He's been
a victim of his own dark past for numerous years so for him to release this song certainly
isn't a surprise but is certainly one of James Urie's most lyrically savvy songs, using
descriptive lyrical content to tell his story. It's not your simple, generic rock song, the
lyrics have much depth in meaning to them and it's not the type of song where the lyrics are
clearly laid out. "Corpses" lyrics brings up subjects of betrayal, past memories, regret and
suicide.

It takes thought to understand the meaning of the song. At first listen, you may think James
is singing about "dead bodies" but after understanding the lyrics of the song further, you'll
realize James is singing about dead or past memories instead. It's a welcomed change to the
simple lyrics flooding the charts. Instead "Corpses" offers a deep, meaningful song that is both
dark and empowering as well. Vocally, James offers his crystalline vocal range over the record,
his vocals on this song is groovy, savvy and crystal clear which is a welcomed change from his
usual vocal performances. On "Corpses" James has a pure growl in his vocal. James has a naturally
high singing voice, but he varies his style throughout. On "Corpses", he soars to great heights,
belting out the words during the chorus, but maintaining calm and reserved for the verses.
Production wise, Corpses certainly packs a punch. Despite it being a rock track, it has a catchy,
rigid bassline that is aided with guitars and backing drums. James's vocals collide perfectly with
the backing instruments until the song breaks into it's big choruses. "Corpses" has a true essence
of rock and roll in it's composition along with hints of modern element. Urie's harmonies and vocals
are out of this world and Corpses just gets the anticipation higher for what is to come in James's
confirmed new album.

Lyrics;

Fallen leaves so bright under branches of a tree
bark so dark that you can't even see
today's a sick dream filled vivid nightmeres
jumping up and out only because you're scared
(Corpses, corpses)
Falling through the cracks, running from side to side
Breaking the rules that your government's applied
this place is dead, at least it will be
forgotten tales of your dark years
All the drunken dreams after these

Our story will be untold
Let the plans unfold
Until you can't even breathe
A taste of your own disease
(Corpses, corpses)

Dead memories, will take you, to the dark abyss
The tales you've forgotten breaking out of your mind
And onto paper with the lines so fine
Taking on the challenge has never been so clear
Right until the corpses call out your dark years
What do we do when the corpses come out, out, out, out, out, out?

Bound in the night by a dreadful calling
Your stars so sickly gray for the breaking of your heart
The pieces lie shattered there upon the table
But until you grab that tape my dear
Your calling isn't labeled
(Corpses, corpses)
Sinking in is the thought of you
So blindly, dear, I follow you
to the graveyard there and the morgue out back
For every tale you've ever told.. I'll tell one right back

Our story will be untold
Let the plans unfold
Until you can't even breathe
A taste of your own disease
(Corpses, corpses)

Bring the torch that lit up my life
Grab onto the ones you hold so dear to your heart
It's quite obvious I've been doomed from the start
My lungs keep screaming out and over just for some fresh air
My heart keeps breaking in and again just because of some dumb barbie
A picture perfect girl in the world, taken hostage is my heart
Her eyes calling out to me, just calling...

The future so dull yet bright for the mind
The pain piercing your heart with a silver bullet
Forcing the pain through and the happiness to come

For every thing we've done that we're ashamed of, don't dwell on it.
The past is the past.
For every heart that we've crushed, we've had crushed.
And for every thing that we've done to hurt ourselves...
Happiness wont come through a blade or a noose....

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:27:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2017(UTC), erich hess on 04/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 04 July 2017 08:23:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Abyss”
Length: 3:53

"Abyss" is the sixth track to come from "LIBERTY?" and follows the albums
lead single and fifth track "Corpses". Abyss is a rock track that has a total length of
three minutes and fifty three seconds and was written by James Urie, along with production
from Julian Emery and the tracks performer, James Urie. Unlike many of the songs on LIBERTY
Abyss, despite the title, is really much lighter in it's lyrical content. Abyss is a song
about finding love, and falling into the 'abyss' of love, and through it's lyrical content
make's the love, although an abyss, it seems blissful. Even though the track is a full
fledged love song, and shows a more sensitive side to Urie, as he's clearly in love in this
very moment of his life, he still manages to make it very much so a James Urie record,and not
a cookie cutter rock love song. Throughout the track, James Urie sings about being blessed to
find love at its finest, and urging the love interest not to give him, back to himself, a play
on words as hes clearly has given himself to that person and doesn't want it to be thrown back
in his face. He also explains that he doesn't want there to be any expections, he just wants
them to be free to explore in their "gentle bliss of love".

Sound wise 'Abyss" starts off polite, almost like a slow-burner, before erupting in a joyous
guitar-driven explosion topped off with frantic falsetto by James Urie. The record is rather calm at
first, but particularly grows stronger and stronger until the end of the record where listners
are given a guitar solo before James sings the final chorus and the record ends.

Lyrics;

It took lifetimes to get here
Working through the lessons and fears
Elevated hate from another place
Now I know the true feeling of being sane

Open mind and open heart
No expectations from the start
Let's just be, be, be
Let's just be, free

Don't give myself back to me
Because your selfless love creates the perfect alchemy
Falling in the abyss of love
Just falling, falling, falling in the gentle bliss of love
Feeling everything and nothing at the same time
Dream time, the actual real time but timeless
Blessed to have found love at its finest

A beautiful fragile tension between us
Makes me reflect on what's really a must
All in a matter of moments
The universe opened up and had my heart stolen

Open mind and open heart
Let's just be, be, be
Free

Open mind and open heart
Beautiful alchemy affecting the heart
Open mind and open heart

*Guitar solo*

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:28:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 04/07/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/07/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 22 August 2017 11:38:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

OOC: Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of descriptions below. I've been incredibly busy lately and I don't really have time to do descriptions for every single song, Liberty is a long album and I think it's time that I get it out. Apologies if it seems half assed but I promise it took me a really long time to write these lyrics up and come up with the album in itself and the description for the first post. Nonetheless, I hope you all understand and thanks for reading. Also, for some sound alikes, you may have to view the soundalike video through vimeo :)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Eye Of The Storm”
Length: 3:53

The rains falling on my window again
Storm clouds have been rolling in
Sitting with my darkest sins
Cause I don't ever win

There's things we don't want to feel
There's people who are so often never real
Stay true to yourself they say
And maybe just maybe the pain will fade

Am I the only one
Who carries a burden bigger than the sun
How do we get through
The eye of the storm
Without someone to keep you warm

Relieve the pain by opening veins
Let it all seep out
And when there's nothing left inside
We’ll have no need to cry

There's things we don't want to feel
There's people who are so often never real
Stay true to yourself they say
And maybe just maybe the pain will fade

Am I the only one
Who carries a burden bigger than the sun
How do we get through
The eye of the storm
Without someone to keep you warm

Just let me know am i the only one
Have I truly stood up to being my fathers son
Would he proud of me and if so would he let me leave
To be who I truly want to be

Just an young man now
Looking back on life
I've made my sacrifice
Was who I wanted to be
Now I've embraced the eye of the storm
And i found, yes I found someone to keep me warm

Sounds like;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: “Numb”
Length: 3:38

I'm not one of them, they're part of me
It's hard to break away...
I'm not blind because I choose to see
It's hard to lose my faith...

Do you hear them callin', callin'
Out your name, your name, name?
They want to own you
And control your fate

But people like you...and people like me
We hold onto things
So we don't lose everything
Or we will fall numb
And we'll have to run
Far away from this place
Even have to change our own face

I'm not ashamed, but I am broken
It's so hard to be me...
I'm not afraid, but I'm unspoken
It's so hard to be free...

They want to own you
And control your fate

There's a light at the end of the tunnel, But I don't see it
All I see is another closed door
When I get there, I will open it
And pray to the gods we make that there lies it in something more

Than people like you...and people like me
We don't see the end of things
Because we live every day
Just as they come
Or we will fall numb
We can't look at change
So we hide our broken face

They want to own you
And control your fate
Because we live every day
Just as they come
Or we will fall numb
Just as they come
Or we will fall numb

Sounds like;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Fragile”
Length: 3:38

Her body is made up of fragments
Belonging to the sky above heaven
In her own little world she lived in
As it twirled it got me leavin’
Her heart was perfect
And for all it was worth it

She kissed the demons goodbye
Brought a flower back to life
Far and beyond she enjoyed the pain
But now she wants it again and again

Photos of us made us scream lightning
darkest hours and her eyes were sparkling
how her soul gambled and made a castle
but her love was always fragile

Her lips belonged to another galaxy
She danced on rocks of seven parts of me
In her wonderland she played with angels
As it laughed it made me love her
Her faith was so pure
For me it was always clear

She was sinful
She was a mystery
She was a shining fantasy
She was helpless
She was a daydream
She was a sweet disaster of screams

Sounds like;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Companion”
Length: 4:00

All I could see, were the faults of the world
All I could think, was that we were lost
I needed someone here
Someone to numb my eyes

All I could here, was the sound misuse
All I could think, was that I couldn’t help
I needed someone here
Someone to numb my ears

Where was I, without you
Through the pain, I came through
In this world, this strange strange world
Not alone, here with you

All I could smell, was the smell of the smoke
All I could think, was just ‘what are we doing’
I needed someone here
Someone to numb my nose

Where was I, without you
Not alone, here with you

All I could taste, was the taste of the fighting
All the blood, ran onto my lips
I needed someone here
Someone to numb my mouth

Where was I, without you
Not alone, here with you

Here I am, down by 100 percent
With only myself yeeaaaaah
You, I reach out to you yeeaaaaah
You alone can save this world yeeaaaaah

Where was I, without you
Not alone, here with you

All I can feel, is your hand
Holding me steady, guiding my steps
I have someone here
Someone holding my hand

Where was I, without you
Not alone, here with you

Where was I, without you
Not alone, here with you

All I can see, is a view of the world
All I can think, is what a beautiful world

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:35:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

JohnnyBBB on 22/08/2017(UTC), erich hess on 23/08/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 23 August 2017 07:00:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: “Black Angel”
Length: 4:30
Genre(s): Electronic Rock, Rock

"Black Angel" is the final track off of James Urie's fifth studio album Liberty?
on it's standard version of the album. The song itself follows the previous song "Companion"
and was the one of James's favorites off of the album. As the album closer, "Black Angels"
sounds like not only an album closer, but a chapter ending of James's new album. In many ways
it sounds triumphant and like a finale with it's long outro.

In a song that lasts nearly 5 minutes, James Urie reflects on life and how it sometimes takes a
toll on you and how you question yourself on whether or not you are happy with yourself and who
you've become. But through the lyrics, James Urie makes it as if he is having a conversation with
his listener. He explains that someone has closed themselves off but questions their happiness
with one's self. The lyrics of the standard edition album close off continues the trend of James's
complex lyrics styles and in many ways you have to give his songs more than one listen just to get
the gist of what the song is exactly talking about. Through the song he uses life and love as some
of the things that can take a toll on you through life as you deal with trial and tribulation.
Production wise, Black Angel is a bouncy electronic rock track that also includes elements of indie
in it. There is a heavy ebb to the bass that gives the track a catchy bassline and overall beat. The
song also includes a long outro before the song song folds.

Lyrics;

Beautiful eyes, decrepit soul
It looks like life has taken a toll on you
Beckoning lips, painful words
Is this really what I deserve from you?

Do you like what you've become?

This angel's wings are as black as the night
Her heart burns like the sun in the sky
Don't look too close if you're afraid of what you'll see
It's what you've become, it's too late for me

Open arms, closed-off soul
It looks like love has taken a toll on you
Soothing touch, bitter heart
Inside, you tear yourself apart

In the wake of what you've done, do you like what you've become?

I watched you fall from grace, the color draining from your face
I couldn't save your light
You watched me lose my faith, resentment on my face
Show me a sign

I don't like what I've become

*Outro*

Sounds like;

Edited by user 23 August 2017 08:36:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 23/08/2017(UTC), erich hess on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 23 August 2017 08:07:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"Questions Exisiting" is a deluxe edition track taken from LIBERTY? and appears
as track number twelve. Following the previous track on the deluxe edition, James
Urie slows things down with the groovy, dark and introspective track that questions
life in itself. The record is very reminiscent of James Urie's older works like that
of "The Struggle" but takes on an approach that we haven't heard from James. The dark
record is melancholic but has an odd groove to it as James addresses the topics of problems
in life that you often question. The production of Questons Existing is almost perfect for
James as he so easily has an melancholic tone, so on slower tracks like these, James shines
vocally, and his dark personality comes springing through on an melanchonic track that still
offers a groove.

Who am I but who I am to you?
Who am I without critics' view?
Who am I when I am on my own?
Am I me…
Or am I just alone?

Where do I stand on this Earth?
Am I of value or any worth?
Where's my place? What's my reason?
Must I feel this way
Throughout every season?

What does it mean to be alive?
What does it mean to feel free?
Will I ever experience what belongs to me?
Or will I always live an empty life?

What is my life? Why am I here?
Why can't I conquer all that I fear?
Why is everything just out of grasp?
Why do all things vanish when time's elapsed?

I want to know
I wish to be
I need to feel
I must be me

But why does everything have to be
so painful in the end?
Why can't I know?
Why can't I be?
Why can't I…
Find peace?

I just need to know…
What does it mean to be alive?
What does it mean to feel free?
What does it mean to have liberty?
Will I ever experience what belongs to me?

I just want to know…
(What does it mean…)
I just wish to be…
(…to be Alive?)
I just need to feel…
(What does it mean…)
I must be me…
(…to feel free?)
I don't understand…
(Will I ever experience…)
Please, help me…
(…what belongs to me?)
Help me to know…
(where the liberty?)
Know where to go…
(Or will I always live…)
To go to feel…
(Will I always live…)
Go to feel like…
(…An Empty Life?)
…Like Me

I want to feel free
I want to be alive.
I want to be me
I want to know me
Just to know who I am,
who I really, truly am

Won't you please let me be
The person I was born to be.
Not the person you want in me.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The second to last track on LIBERTY? is "Annihilated". Annihilated appears as the 13th track
on the album and follows previous track, which is the the introspective "Questions Existing".
It seems as if throughout the standard edition of the album there were many up tempoed's rock
tracks, but James has slowed it down for both Questions Existing and Annihilated, and for good
reason. As said before, James Urie has an melancholic rock voice, that can sound uplifting too as
he has different vocal abilities, but it seems with darker and more mid-to-slow tempo'd records,
James really seems to shine as well. Annihilated is a dark record which addresses the topic of death
and losing a loved one. The dark topic is brought to life with James Uries haunting lyrics, vocals
and the background instruments give the song a slow and elegant majesty. "Annihilated" is a rock gem
and is is a wonderful surprise for long time James Urie fans who have been yearning for him to get back
to his older sound, and the two tracks heard does just that. The song gives you vintage Urie as he sings
about mourning in fear, giving you the sense that James hasn't missed a beat since his last album in 2014.

This fear has made me immobilized
Stuck in the past
Can't let go of my grasp
On the idea that you'll never come back
I try to move on, but I've reach a dead end

And now you're gone
Thought I was strong
Until I found you cold with limping arms
(And now you're gone)
(Thought I was strong)
(I guess this predicament proved me wrong)

I cant believe its come to this
One more goodbye, one last mournful kiss
And now that there's no time to borrow
Our love has turned into sorrow
Deeper and deeper
(I'm flooded with memories that I really miss)
Harder and harder
(Does this pain go away?)
Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder

I found a reason for happiness within you
And my heart found a reason to continue beating, too
If I send myself to Hell, would it reunite me with you?
I guess that's the next thing that I will do
The next thing that I'll do

This fear, it has me frozen in time
Lost in the moment
You crossed the line
Now I can't really call you mine
I can't move on, these chains bound my ankles

My heart breaks
Your life was at stake
I guess I tried but was just too late
My heart breaks
Your life was at stake
Yet you left me behind in this hell you created

Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder
Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder

Why couldn't you take me with you?
I can't handle all this pain inside
I guess it's my turn to lie under
I guess that's the next thing that I will do

Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder
Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder

You had me captivated)
But now I'm so devastated
I breathe alone so broken and faded
Blew me away, now I'm annihilated

Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder
Deeper and deeper
Harder and harder

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"Better Than Hell" was a promotional record taken from LIBERTY? project by American rock artist James Urie. The record was produced by James Urie and Bill Owens and drifts into a more heavy rock sound that James Urie hasn't exactly gone into this yet in his career. The record is looked at as an alternative rock based record that slowly breaks into a heavy rock influenced smasher by the time the chorus rails on to the track that is perfect for all rock fans alike as it gives you classic Urie, but a breath of fresh new Urie attitude and sound that makes it a compelling listen throughout the track. Urie sings in his signature hallow, possessed and deep like tone with hard hitting lyrics and hard hitting guitars and a drums that go perfectly with the James's vocals. The record also slowly rises into a big chorus that takes you totally off guard. James hit the studio with metal producer Bill Owens in early 2014 looking to create the instrumental pieces for his backing band and overall production for the song as Urie had been listening and becoming inspired by metal and more hard hitting rock music after the breakup. James made it evident that the record would be quite different from his previous works but maintain his signature core sound and vocals, and made sure this new sound didn't come across as Urie trying to reinvent himself as a metal artist, because that is exactly what he isn't. After working closely with Bill Owens and writing the track solely, the birth of "Better Than Hell" came about.

The record tells the story of Urie being used and abused mentally and regretting his mistake of letting this person into his life, but also explains that the love they shared was surprisingly a thrill to him and that anything is better than hell. He recognizes that he was nothing but a toy and was used and goes onto unleash anger at this person explaining that karma is a bitch and in the end he'll win, and ends it off by saying that that person is no better than hell rising the question of ...is this toward Gemma? Whether or not, it's a captivating story that you have to listen for yourself to really understand James. Us explaining will not get it across. Trust me. The record starts off very calm and zen, with just acoustic guitars quickly strumming in the beginning of the record. Seconds in James's is heard with his hallow vocals that sounds as if it's emotional but building in anger. After the first lines of the song, over the strumming acoustic guitars is a haunting chanting vocals by Urie that is repeated that is repeated and then breaks in a heavy guitar and big drums. The chanting continues and James continues the next lines of the song and the song breaks into the chorus that features quite brutal guitars and drums that includes the chanting and Urie belting out the emotional chorus. Following is words the chanting and instruments continue to ram on heavily. The record returns back to the acoustics for the second chorus and does the same for he next chorus of the song. Following he second chorus, the song then breaks into the bridge where the instruments slow down where James sings emotionally about karma being a bitch and explaining that in the end he'll win. After holding a long note, the song breaks in the heavy guitars once more and Urie sings part of the chorus and then the beats go even bigger as he finishes out the song with a reworked ending chorus ending with him saying Cause you are no better than hell, recanting his earlier claims of having a thrill of this person "killing him well". Having the song come to an haunting end.

We're on the wrong sides of each other,
You're draining my soul and another,
Raping my mind with lies about yourself.
This was all a movie to you

[Chanting]

You didn't think I was much to prove,
Just another toy to be thrown upon your shelf.
And you must admit, you've been quite lucky,
Why are these still my surroundings?
You wonder why I don't speak up a thing,
But trust me darling, that's the hardest thing.

I hate it when you damn misuse me!
Take my heart and hold it against me.
But it's a thrill when you kill me well
And I don't want anyone else.
I hate I'm not the only one,
You'll search a million faces, just to get your own
But I won't change, time will tell
'Cause anything is better than hell.

You look in and see me off-guard,
Fool your way inside and hit me hard,
Your angel ways were always the Devil's path
High on spirit, saw it in me,
But we never mixed so gracefully
It's always me who suffers the aftermath
And I must admit, I've been quite generous
It's just the way out would be treacherous
I'd miss the highs and the heat
Even if it's not weighty.

I hate it when you damn misuse me!
Take my heart and hold it against me
But it's a thrill when you kill me well
And I don't want anyone else
I hate I'm not the only one,
You'll search a million faces, just to get your own
But I won't change, time will tell,
'Cause anything is better than hell

But hate spreads like disease,
And comes back around.
And karma's a bitch,
But you got what you earned, you deserve this.
When I'm out, you won't care,
Or you'll beg in despair,
Either way, I'll win.

Cause I hate it when you damn misuse me,
Take my heart and hold it against me.
I hate it when I'm not the only one,
You'll search a million faces, just to get your own.

Well I hate that I let you damn misuse me!
You took my heart, and played it against me
It's no thrill when you kill me well
Now I'm looking for anyone else
I know I'm not the only one
You can't lie now; I've seen what you've done
But things are changing, time will tell,
'Cause you are no better than hell.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/08/2017(UTC), erich hess on 23/08/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/08/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/08/2017(UTC)