logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Papai_Chrisinho  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2019 14:03:24(UTC)
Papai_Chrisinho

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hey there fellas,

My name is Chrisinho, and I work as the lead singer for the brazilian alt-rock band Cabeças de Rádio. I was originally going to make this text in Portuguese, but I wanted to make the non-brazilians know some more about our band too;

Lately we have been producing our biggest project yet, which was an album with 11 songs that is literally called "compilation of bad songs". The name of that album is a joke, especially if we consider the fact that it had a much more solid production compared to the other albums we made before.

We started making that project when I and the bassist (Rogerinho) finished writing a song called "Catalônia". The song took a while to have a definite style. Some members of the band thought it should've been more jazz-influenced, meanwhile some others, including me, thought it should be more rock-based. In the end, our producer decided that it'd be better for us to make the song more loyal to our band's main genre. Speaking of that song, I'm gonna talk about it later on. Well, after Catalônia, we wrote lots and lots of songs. In the end, most of them ended up being discarded or put as potential B-sides for the CdMR singles. The reason as to why we decided to discard many songs are many, but frequently it was because our producer didn't like them enough, or because we didn't find anything to do with 'em.

One of the songs from the album, "Fodex", wasn't released as a single. That was a pretty weird decision we made, considering it was probably one of the best from the LP. The strings made by an orchestra from studio's city and the calm atmosphere made the song kind of deserve a single release, in my opinion. The decision to make it a 'hidden gem' from the album was made by our producer and Rogerinho.

Anyway, I'm going to put here some information about the tracklist, also highlighting the songs that'll pottentially be singles:

1. Aquela Música de Abertura Lixo
2. Ciclo de Picles
3. Montanha na Esquina
4. Juntador
5. Reinaldo Rondoniense
6. Reqonador (Papai Chrisinho RMX)
7. Catalônia
8. -Pensando Profundamente-
9. Fodex
10. Música Supervalorizada
11. Sou Um Veado (Literal)

Welp. That's it for now. Later on I will proceed this talk, with the main topics being the singles highlighted above.

- papai chrsnho

Edited by user 31 January 2019 14:05:37(UTC)  | Reason: Edited size of the top image and removed the [/b] from the tracklist

UserPostedImage

o vocalista de uma banda horrível, que por algum motivo ganha prêmios e a crítica adora? sei lá

┌ ┘ X
thanks 3 users thanked Papai_Chrisinho for this useful post.
erich hess on 31/01/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/01/2019(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/02/2019(UTC)
Offline Papai_Chrisinho  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2019 01:43:26(UTC)
Papai_Chrisinho

Brazil

UserPostedImage

Well, I'm gonna proceed talking about the album, but now the main topic is going to be the lead single "Catalônia".

Catalônia... that song came from the recent events from my country. Lately we have been pratically separating the entire country between people who support ideology X, and the people who support ideology Y. It feels like a technical civil war, caused because of politics. You can feel that it got pretty intense when you think about the fact that families had trouble on Christmas, because of political divergences. An inspiration we had to make the song's chorus was an older song, back from the period of our second LP (Pablito do Mel). The original song had a chorus similar to Catalônia, considering it has the exact same part that says "this just feels like". Pretty interesting, I guess.

We started writing the song around October, the period in which there were elections in Brazil, and, as mentioned before, the population divided itself between supporters of different parties. The song at first wasn't even supposed to exist, considering our band doesn't really focus on political issues. We just write dumb and funny things and give rhythm to them, but a political song was a pretty big step forwards in our maturity, to be honest.

The reason as to why we decided to make Catalônia the lead single of CdMR is pretty simple: it was the first song written and produced anyways.

"...They can overtake the government
They can make riots in the streets
And this just feels like 36
In Catalonia,
in Catalonia,
in Catalonia..."

Aight, I think that's it for now. Later I'll continue talking about the singles, which are gonna be "Reinaldo Rondoniense" and "Reqonador".

- papai chrsnho
UserPostedImage

o vocalista de uma banda horrível, que por algum motivo ganha prêmios e a crítica adora? sei lá

┌ ┘ X
thanks 2 users thanked Papai_Chrisinho for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/02/2019(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/02/2019(UTC)
Offline Papai_Chrisinho  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2019 04:20:58(UTC)
Papai_Chrisinho

Brazil

UserPostedImage

Okay, next single: Reqonador. That song was one of those more experimental ones that we make sometimes. At first we wanted it to be a generic alt-rock song with some cool tambourines in the background and some strings (similar to the ones in Fodex). In the end, I thought it would be a good idea to edit it a little bit. In the end, it sounded almost completely different from the original, and we decided to put the "Papai Chrisinho RMX" part in the name (considering it was technically a remix that I made with the song).

That song was pratically a sacrifice to my vocal chords, 'cause I had to hit some pretty high notes there. It took me much more practice compared to other songs. At least, in the end, it did work out pretty well I think, because it was solidly received by the producer (and probably by the critics too, I don't know).

Well, I don't have much to say about that song. It doesn't have much of a history compared to Catalônia or something so yeah...

"...Because we separate
like a sole from an old shoe,
and because we separate
like the land from an isolated canoe...

Next (and last) topic is going to be the song "Reinaldo Rondoniense", by the way.

- papai chrsnho
UserPostedImage

┌ ┘ X
thanks 1 user thanked Papai_Chrisinho for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/02/2019(UTC)
Offline Papai_Chrisinho  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2019 12:23:03(UTC)
Papai_Chrisinho

Brazil

UserPostedImage

Now, to finish chatting about CdMR, I'll start talking about the last single we'll release: Reinaldo Rondoniense.

Reinaldo Rondoniense... that was one of the last songs that we recorded for the album, even though it was already on our queue since our previous released LP. The reason as to why the band recorded it so late was because we didn't have a definite style for the song until our drummer (Pilipinho) decided that we'd try and make a song with math-rock/dance-punk roots and a fast-paced drumming. Even if that style is sort of outdated nowadays, it still managed to fit for the song, in my opinion. It sounds catchy and even though the lyrics aren't that great, it's still a pretty solid single for the record. The main inspiration for the song was probably "Red Socks Pugie" by the band Foals. The drumming there is also pretty quick and it brings that mid-late 2000's dance-punk feel really well.

Fun fact: at first we even planned to make Reinaldo Rondoniense a bossa nova song. Of course, it didn't work out as well as we thought at first, but at least maybe that idea can be experimented in our next projects...

I feel like the slight minimalism of the song also made it more special. It isn't really complex, compared to Fodex, but it isn't way too simple to our tastes either. In general, it's a pretty unique song. Reinaldo Rondoniense doesn't really sound like anything we have ever made before. I'm glad that we can experiment different styles and adapt them in a way that can work, because that's a pretty big step forward in our production. Our albums are slowly getting more diverse, and leaving the alt-rock space sometimes.

Welp, I think that's it. Not that I can think of anything else to say about the album or its singles, anyways. This was probably a short topic, but I think people might think it gave enough information about everything from Coletânea de Músicas Ruins. Will I proceed doing this with our next project? Well, possibly. I'm still thinking about that though. Anyway, see y'all in our next tours. 👍

- papai chrsnho
UserPostedImage

┌ ┘ X