logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 22 May 2020 08:02:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Official Album Cover

"X" is the 10th studio album by Stephanie Fierce set to be released on June 12, 2020 as a follow up to the "Lost in Electronica" project which was released on May 10, 2020 under her independent imprint Hot Eye Records. The album is a free release and seeks a more alternative/experimental/urban approach in comparison to her previous album which was more pop, disco and electronic. Though the album is broken into 8 sections it is considered one cohesive EP project due to its merging and flow of songs. Fierce began writing and recording the album as early as 2014 but production was halted for undisclosed reasons and none of the work recorded then made the cut on the final track-listing. Writing & Production picked up in March of 2020 for four consecutive weeks with no breaks in between. Due to the release of "Lost In Electronica" coming up ahead, the four weeks were non stop work on the album to make sure it was completely finished. Work picked up again in May and concluded on May 21, 2020. The project will not have any promotional singles, but a music video was filmed for one of the songs on the project.

GENRES: Alternative, R&B, Experimental, Opera
RELEASE DATE: June 12, 2020
FORMATS: Free Digital Download (stephaniefierce.com)
RECORD LABEL: Hot Eye Records
CREDITS: Stephanie Fierce (writer, producer, and musician), Daniel (Producer, Musician), Orca (Producer; engineer), Howie B (Producer; enginner) Helle (Vocalist), Chris Cunningham (Creative Art director)

"This project for me was very important because I have music listeners that prefer my more experimental approach to music and I didn't want to leave those listeners out. Unlike "Lost in Electronica" this album is more emotional, artistic and complex. It's the complete opposite of what "Lost" was and I just wanted to show that there are different sides to me. I also felt it was very important for me to give my fans another free album considering as a way to show my appreciation to them. You know as a pop act, you grow up in this industry trying to craft the biggest hit, but I took myself out of that mentality after my second album for a really long time. I learned instruments, how to read, write music, how to produce, how to work the board. I really put myself out there. Instruments to me should be respected. The beauty of creating sound for me goes beyond just creating a hit." - Stephanie Fierce

Official Standard Edition Track-list (International Price: $0.00; Free)

1. Kiss of Death
2. Cure
3. On The Ceiling
4. Claustrophobic Heart
5. Formula
6. Fuck it, Feel It
7. Dead End
8. Finale (Opera Sung by Helle)

Edited by user 28 May 2020 07:50:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/05/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 22/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/05/2020(UTC), Welat65 on 23/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
#2 Posted : 23 May 2020 01:30:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

"X" [THE 10TH STUDIO ALBUM by STEPHANIE FIERCE]

UserPostedImage
Photography by Chris Cunningham

Track By Track (3.2.2020-3.30.2020)

March 2, 2020; The Meeting
An overview of the first day of making the album "X".

It was March 2, 2020; 7:03am in Manhattan, New York time to be exact as an ambitious Stephanie Fierce makes her way inside her very own recording studio conveniently located in her high rise home for day 1 production of her 10th studio album. Her and her long time friends Daniel (Daniel the Free Nerd; respectively), Orca (Who worked on "Newborn", "Free" and "Love is Lust"), Howie B (Worked on "Free"), and Chris Cunningham (Creative Art Director for "Free") were all collectively waiting inside the studio to begin brainstorming song lyrics, sounds and ideas for the album.

The day was raining and gloomy but the spirit in the room was contradictory. Prior to the meeting, Fierce and the room of artist and producers had helped themselves to some tea and a light breakfast to the get their minds going for a very productive day. Throughout the years the bunch had kept in touch and even experienced holidays together but never worked on music, so today was a special day in light of what was about to happen.

The group was sitting around in a circle on a comfy section that surrounded the corner of the studio which had sound proof walls. The studio was very well decorated and had many live plants hanging to give the room an earthy feel. Hue painting and photographs graces the walls for inspiration and visual eye candy. Fierce even had her very own private butler that will periodically go around in the studio and ask the group if they needed any items such as a cigar, food, water, alcoholic drinks and anything you can possibly imagine.

"Be The One" by Moby had been playing loudly as all of the sudden it comes to a stop. Fierce takes a seat the comfortable sectional and begins to talk to the group of eager artists.

"I've been calling this album "X" for 5 years now and honestly I just might stick with that title. It's only a coincidence that this is my 10th album even though it was supposed to be my 9th" Fierce says over to Daniel and the others.

"I like it. It's simple and edgy" Daniel says laughing.

"What is it exactly that you want this album to sound like in terms of sound" Orca says as he takes a sip of his freshly brewed tea.

"I don't want it to be too commercial that's for sure and you guys know what I mean by that. Like Lost in Electronica is a pop album that I wanted to give to my fans because they've been wanting that from me for the longest but I also don't want to leave out my other fans who appreciate my more experimental side which I personally enjoy more. Like a lot of the songs I've written for this record don't really have that song structure that radio will eat up you know so that's why I have you all here. This is honestly my first time having you all together in a room to share our ideas and I feel like you guys are perfect. You guys have helped me create some of my best songs" Fierce says passionately.

"Are we going to do combination of strings and flutes on this album, you seemed to be obsessed with that on Free" Howie B says in a mocking but joking way to Fierce.

"That's very Free like and I honestly cringe at the idea of repeating that as beautiful as it sounded on that album. I do want this album to sound tough. I want it to have some grit to it. so no strings. The first song though is very poetic and beautiful so it will have a bit of the Free elements in it in terms of that haunting piano sound I created but I want it to kind of escape from that and evolve as the album goes on. The last thing I want to do with this album is recreate what I've already created in the past" Fierce responds laughing a bit at Howie B's dig at her hitting him lightly in the arm.

Fierce and the group took a few minutes to brainstorm on their laptop computers. The room was in complete silence, which would be extremely awkward for any human that's never been in it . This is how they worked best when it came to brainstorming. Complete Silence. Not one spoke a word, not a thing. Fierce began to think of how emotional this song was for her and she was mentally preparing herself to talk about it.

"The first song is called Kiss of Death. As beautiful as its going to sound, it really isn't such a happy song. I kind of want to create this contradictory element with the song. Where the sound is beautiful but message isn't". Fierce says over to the group.

"As far as the visual on this album. Are you planning on making any music videos, are there any particular singles you want to focus on visually?" Chris Cunningham asks Fierce as he takes out a pen and begins to take notes on his notebook.

"I didn't have anything particular in mind in terms of a theme or anything. I don't want it to be uninspired looking but I don't have a specific tone in terms of the visual. I just want it to be authentic or maybe a little darker" Fierce says in response to Cunningham's question. She begins to pace around the room with her finger on her chin. Something she often did when recollecting her thoughts.

"There wont be any singles but there is one song I do want to film a music video for and that's for a song called "Finale". I actually want my daughter Helle to sing it, because she wrote it." Fierce says as the whole room is filled with shock. Fierce often refused the idea of having her daughter featured on one of her records but within reason that she wanted the consent of her daughter organically.

"My daughter has been taking vocal lessons and she's been doing this Opera thing which I find so beautiful. This will be the first time people actually hear her sing, so I'm quite ecstatic about it, and I feel like the song she wrote would be a perfect way to end the record" Fierce tells the group who's now seen taking notes.

For the remainder of the day the group of men and one woman went over all the lyrics Fierce had written for the record which were 8 songs all together. Fierce felt that the song's length will make up for the fact that the album only had 8 songs. Fierce wanted the album to be designed as a combined listen versus a body of work full of singles. After reviewing the lyrics of all of the tracks are propose to be on the album, the group began brainstorming sound ideas for many of them. After a successful first day, the group headed out of Fierce's apartment around midnight as they would return first thing in the morning at 10 am to continue work on the record.

1. KISS OF DEATH

Name: "Kiss of Death"
Album: "X"
Recorded: Spring 2020
Writer/Composer: Stephanie Fierce
Producer: Stephanie Fierce, Orca, Howie B
Length: 4:01
Genres: Experimental, Trip-hop
Record Label: Hot Eye Records

"Kiss of Death" is the first track heard on the album "X" . The song is an experimental, trip-hop track that talks about forgiveness and resentment. Specifically, the song describes a situation when two people make amends but things quickly turn ugly leading to an tragic outcome. The song was written solely by Stephanie Fierce and produced by Orca, Howie B and Fierce respectively.

The first track on the album "Kiss of Death" opens up with an unidentified animalistic sound and brief humming. Then sharp strings are heard with a haunting piano and sound effects created from a sound board. The sounds clash against each other not following a particular song structure as Fierce begins singing in her highest pitch of voice. Her voice grows with more emotion each line and the sounds grow with her voice. The song reaches a section where there is an orchestra of violins and horns are heard carrying the song to the bridge. The bridge of the song is quiet and haunting. Very minimal beats are heard, but each beat can be identified on its own. The final part of the song combines all of the different elements heard in the song and slowly starts to die out into a peaceful acapella section. The song ends with just the haunting piano going until the song fades.

The song is purposely sung in a slow dragging pace. Vocals are soft but haunting giving a sense of sadness and pain. Not much vocal range is showcased but there is harmonizing in the bridge and ending of the song. The song's melancholy feeling also adds a bit of sadness in spite of the beautiful keys of the piano.

"I wrote this song in spite of a time me and Johnny were not getting along. We've been married for more than 10 years now, so our love is really deep and complicated. We have such a mutual understanding, however whenever things do go south we both can hold a but of a grudge. We both know we can fight a long battle. Kiss of Death represents that moment when you forgive but there's still a bit of poison left and unfortunately things kind of fall apart" - Stephanie Fierce

Official Lyrics

"Knives on a piano, baby you're killing me
just like a bittersweet symphony
that's what you make of me
with a heart of bigotry and agony
This feels like a kiss of death

there's no light in your eyes,
and only salt in your tears
wishing all of this was a lie
that's why days feel like years

I wish I could erase this feeling
you keep breaking me apart,
a piece of me left,
played me from the start

I said I would forgive,
I said I would commit,
but I guess maybe I lied
cause all I did was quit
quit everything we had,
everything we felt

it's so intense
this feeling is so intense
I'm giving you the kiss of death
Kiss of death is all I'm giving
Kiss of death baby

I guess it's never getting any better,
but I want it so much to get better
Maybe, Maybe

But there's no light in your eyes,
and only salt in your tears
wishing all of this was a lie
that's why days feel like years

I wish I could erase this feeling
you keep breaking me apart,
a piece of me left,
played me from the start

it's so intense
this feeling is so intense
I'm giving you the kiss of death
Kiss of death is all I'm giving
Kiss of death baby "

Sound like:

PART 2/7

Edited by user 24 May 2020 06:20:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/05/2020(UTC), Welat65 on 23/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
#3 Posted : 24 May 2020 06:19:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

UserPostedImage

March 3-10, 2020; The Chinese Guitar
An overview of the making of making the album "X".

It was March 3, 2020 and the time was 8:08am when the group of producers that were working on Fierce's new album "X" were reunited at Fierce's home studio in Manhattan, New York. It was a cold and snowy spring morning, temperatures reached as low as 18 degrees Fahrenheit and everyone was cuddled up with some hot tea. Fierce was cooking up the whole team some hot breakfast which included eggs, bacon and sausages. A simple american breakfast that everyone in the group seemed to be perfectly fine with. Fierce from time to time would often cook for the people she worked with to make them feel more at home.

Yesterday had turned out to be a very productive day discussing possible themes of the album and going over all of the lyrics Fierce has written which sonically did not have any personality yet. Fierce made it very clear that this album will focus less on the visual and commercial appeal and more on the sound. She also broke news to the group that Hell would be recording her first song. While this was exciting news, it wasn't going to be the typical recording as Helle would be showcasing her operatic vocals which she's been practicing of late.

After the group left the night prior, Fierce continued hard at work researching possible sounds she can use for inspiration on the album. She came across these ancient Chinese guitars on the internet. She began to play the sounds which to her sounded so beautiful and different from what she's heard before. She decided that she would create that sound and use it on the song she wrote titled "Cure". After spending a couple of hours trying to recreate the sound, she decided that she will bring it up in the next meeting of work on the album.

The group who greatly appreciated Fierce's cooking were now eating it while discussing their day yesterday. Bjork's Biophilia album was playing as the team finished up their food. Since it was very productive they didn't want to run into a hiccup or writers block. Today Daniel was feeling very creative and was working on the sound board to the lyrics of "Cure". After hearing the Chinese guitars Fierce had introduced to him, he wanted to add some toughness to the song.

Fierce then gathered with the team and began discussing the new sound.

"I've been listening to a lot of chinese guitars and flutes lately and I promise you I don't think anyone has thought to use them in R&B music" Fierce says over to the team of producers.

"The last time you made an R&B album, was never right?" Orca asks Stephanie.

"Honestly, I've never made one. I had R&B songs and elements of R&B songs but never a full album. That's kind of sad" Fierce says chuckling to herself. "I honestly can't find myself making one, no offense but that's just boring to me. As a black girl in the industry that's what people always expected from me and don't get me wrong I listen to a lot of R&B music myself but recreate it and make a full body of work from it. I couldn't do it". she says while trying to bring the subject back to the Chinese guitars.

Orca nods and smiles. "This is why we love you, you don't like to be put in a box and that's something I always respected from you".

"Well thank you" Fierce says warmly over to Orca, they didn't often compliment her as they like to always challenge Fierce so she can keep pushing herself. "So as far as the Chinese guitars and flutes go, I don't want the flutes on this song because I did that on Free, but the guitars I want them to be very prominent int he song. I want to be the star of the track if you get what I mean" she says hoping they understood where she was going about.

"Oh for sure, we fucking love that sound. I don't think it's been heard in like urban music before but as far as vocally, how did you want the song to sound" Howie B asks Stephanie.

"I kind of want to do this howling thing, sounds kind of spooky but I feel like it makes the song sound so fucking cool if I sing it in a howling kind of pitch. I'm obviously over it trying to prove I can sing, because I've proven that already but I don't want to have this same monotone voice all the time. Being 10 albums deep, I feel it's good if I change it up a bit. Also trying to make my voice sound like some ancient lady singing in the middle of china" Fierce says trying not laugh knowing that what she just said probably didn't make any sense and sounded funny.

For the remainder of the week Fierce and the team worked on getting a sound going for "Kiss of Death", "Cure", and "On The Ceiling". Fierce started working on vocal arrangement as well as working with Daniel, Howie, and Orca on the sound and bringing the tracks together. Chris on the other hand wanted to take random photographs of Fierce while she worked for inspiration as she recorded and placed vocals on the tracks.

2. CURE

Name: "Cure"
Producer: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel The Freenerd
Length: 4:40
Genres: Experimental, World, R&B

The second track on the album "The Cure" opens up with a trip-hop influenced beat. A soothing sound created by an ancient instrument is heard, contains a hidden trap beat of some sort, but it teases the listener instead of being prominent. The song opens with a Chinese influenced guitar; that is carried with a airy bass beat. The track leans more on Fierce's urban side, which is usually catered by Fierce's alter ego persona "Stephy"; however in this track you get more of Fierce's authentic persona vs the one portrayed by "Stephy" the alter ego. Lyrically the song talks about healing from a breakup and making peace with a person that hurt you. In more detail, the song is a follow up the preceding track "Kiss of death" which talks more about the breaking up process, this song on the hand talks about fixing what was broken and moving forward.

"This song is an emotional track that talks about fixing or healing a broken heart which is not easy to do. When you are married to someone for over 10 years there's a lot that you can easily bottle up inside when things go wrong. There's so much at stake, but you kind of have to be strong. In this particular song the hurting was in a way innocent and in no way toxic. I know often in many love situations people forgive the person because they feel they have to and not because they want to and this track is the opposite of that. Two people who truly love each other and are meant for each other are willing to fix things and make it work, save their marriage and move forward. Like the previous track, I did want it to sound beautiful but also have a toughness to it. This time the vocals provide the toughness I was wanting and the Chinese guitars provide that mysterious element the song was needing. Another proud moment for me musically" - Stephanie Fierce

Official Lyrics

"Healing.
I want to get high with you, see through the heavens and sky with you
baby I'll find the cure for you, do whatever it takes for you.
Not giving up on you, baby I'll ride or die for you
know we're in need of healing, baby I'll find the cure
don't know who the fuck you thought you was dealing
Is it pride or love now that we are healing
can you feel it
baby can you feel it

Cure
its the cure baby
cure oh
baby thats the cure

was trapped in this feeling, hard to pull out the knife
Our love is getting better, no more black and white
did you think i'd give up and no longer be your wife
doing this for you and me baby that's me for life
just went they thought we ran our course
we fight harder cause we got the force

I know this is not the way we started.
You know the love we once had, something so powerful,
something so unique, became something so strange
where is the light in the relationship we once had
I'm holding on, trying to find it
I know it isn't lost, its out somewhere
we will find the light
we will find the cute

Cure
its the cure baby
cure oh
baby that's the cure"

Sounds like:

PART 3/7
thanks 7 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 24/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 26/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
#4 Posted : 26 May 2020 00:47:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

UserPostedImage

March 11, 2020; Things Get Darker
An overview of the making of making the album "X".

It was March 11, 2020; 9:09am and the group of 5 were all gathered at Fierce's comfy recording music studio located in Manhattan, New York. Each day grew to be more tedious than the day prior as hard and heavy work continued on the album "X". Despite the cold snowy day outside; the sun was shining through the windows of Stephanie Fierce's penthouse condo and in contrast to last week it gave the home a more brighter warm vibe.

Janet Jackson's "Velvet Rope" album was playing in the background as Fierce's husband Johnny Johnson was in Helle's room going over her homework. Fierce would often check on them as she continued work on her album. Ever since Fierce gave birth to Helle things had been different especially during her younger years when Fierce would have to nurse her daughter. Now that she's much older she's able to handle herself more. However, that doesn't mean that she doesn't take up a bit of Fierce's schedule.

As the days went on the album started to come together more and more. Work now began on "On The Ceiling", "Claustrophobic Heart" and "Formula"; Three songs which were heavily influenced by Fierce's more urban sound. It was becoming more evident that the record was becoming more R&B than intended. The first song 'Kiss of Death" was more of a mellow re-introduction into Fierce's more experimental sound but had very prominent elements of R&B and Hip-hop that's carried the track through the song and embellished into the production. Despite it's world influence, the second song "Cure" was more defined than the prior and contains a more structured R&B format. "On The Ceiling" would be no different.

Fierce originally intended to write the song for a future record, but she loved the song's potential so much that she decided it would work best for her album instead. At the time the album was titled "X", so the song was catering to a more traditional R&B Sound but when her vision for the album shifted over the months she decided to give the song a little bit of spunk and maybe dive in to the more bass like sound that seemed dark. However, it wouldn't be until Daniel showcased the song to Stephanie Fierce, that the song would received that spunk the song desperately needed. Stephanie Fierce suggested that Daniel allowed Orca to produce the record as well to add experimental elements to the song. After Orca received the demo, they were incredibly impressed by the song's potential and invited Fierce to lay down the vocals right away. Daniel assisted on vocal arrangements and mixing. The song turned in to something completely different and unexpected.

"It's ironic that it's really bright outside because things are about to get really dark with this song On The Ceiling" Stephanie Fierce says as she begins to sing the son into the mic. Fierce gets into her grove and starts letting go. Everyone in the room grows quiet and focused as Fierce starts to record and layer each verse for the next 6 hours. Detailing each note, lyrics and pace. The perfectionist in her grows stronger and obedient to her instincts. After 16 rigorous hours the track is complete. For the remainder of the day the team focusing on polishing all 5 tracks that they worked on together.

3. On The Ceiling

Name: "On The Ceiling”
Producer: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel The Freenerd, Orca
Length: 4:05
Genres: Alternative R&B, Rap

The song's production begins with a clap like beat, which is followed by Fierce's echoy background vocals. His tone gives the song almost a nostalgic throwback feel to the production. Fierce begins to sing in a depressed like manner , as the beat propels her forward with other ad-libs joining as the song progresses. Fierce's alter ego persona is continued to be heard as a background vocalist throughout always following behind Stephanie. Fierce's rap verse then finally comes into play, and the beat in the background becomes less busy as Stephanie's vocals are heard smoothly and progressively. The song's bridge is mostly sung by Fierce with melodramatic minimal beats that are caused by a synthersizer. Both Stephanie and her alter ego switch off singing until the bouncy beat return and Fierce continues singing with her regular pace and her alter ego voice joins her more fully and aggressively, adding a harmonizing melodramatic effect.. The last bit has Fierce grasping her words as she sings adding more angst and fury to her vocals. The song ends swiftly. After a short moment of silence an outro is then heard which adds a little more drama to song but quickly fades out. Lyrically the song talks about a the dark sides of love and fame and being at your ultimate best. The song plays on the idea of being cocky and bragging about being the best.

"This is probably one of the darkest songs I've ever done, because it has such a creepy sound. The song is R&B in its core but it definitely doesn't fit the mold of the genre in any way. The song talks about being about the struggles of love and fame. When you are the best you are often seen as a villain or a monster and I'm just kind of playing on that idea and entertaining it." - Stephanie Fierce

Official Lyrics

"love you x
love you XX baby
love you x
XX

picture perfect girl locked away in chains
she feels the hurt but she loves the pain
playing dumb like she don't got a brain
everything she does it's all in vain
and I can't feel the gravity around me,
told me you wont put anyone above me
now all the hate's below me
you let me off free with the hurting
I can't explain this feeling
someone hold me cause.....

cause you got me lifted
on the ceiling baby
cause you got me lifted

watched me hurting,
while you sat there feeling no pain
did you benefit or have anything to gain

all I see is red, about to put these bitches to bed
taught these hoes how to bite and now they crying wolf (crying wolf)
bitches thought I'd break, fold, that's what the story told (story told)
but im ripping pages, dropping wages, ripping cages
locked away for 5 years yet still doubt whether a bitch still got bars (bars bars)
really thought a bitch from New York wouldn't get this far
I wake up, wake up, feeling like I'm lost in the stars
when in reality I'm asleep on the streets of Hollywood boulevard
Getting so fucked up, I probably could afford a trip to mars
generating so much money, but could I afford this generation?
Next thing you know I'm shipping millions in every nation
What do I feel like a broken dream that couldn't even get a start
hurry up sweetie, better nip and tuck, otherwise you ain't getting far
and when the paparazzi get yo picture,
better smile like it's breezy,
otherwise you just broken up with your girl
cause they claim that Hollywood life isn't easy
got bored so I dropped a couple quick singles then I went #1 back to back
#1 back to back?
yest bitch back to back
did you really think you could put up a fight
got this bitch shook, scared giving her sleepless nights
You woke up a monster,
as I go down my roster,
Imma eat you one bye one
going to have me acting up
bitch Imma need an Oscar
cause I'm #1, but i'm not the one

picture perfect girl locked away in chains
she feels the hurt but she loves the pain
playing dumb like she don't got a brain
everything she does it's all in vain
and I can't feel the gravity around me,
told me you wont put anyone above me
now all the hate's below me
you let me off free with the hurting
I can't explain this feeling
someone hold me cause.....

cause you got me lifted
on the ceiling baby
cause you got me lifted

watched me hurting,
while you sat there feeling no pain
did you benefit or have anything to gain

love you x
love you XX baby
love you x
XX"

Sounds like:

Edited by user 26 May 2020 17:46:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 26/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 26/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
#5 Posted : 28 May 2020 07:49:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

UserPostedImage

March 12, 2020; The Interview (Billboard; Daniel interview)
An overview of the first day of making the album "X".

The year 2009 was highly know as the renaissance of pop music. Music was taking a drastic turn from your rockers and metal artists over to your more pop friendly artists. You had Sexy Star, Ryan Ross Hernandez, GirlSpice, Madison O'Leary, Miss Vanity and then you had Stephanie Fierce. The newcomer who was eating up all the controversy many pop stars then craved and desired. The odd thing is that Fierce's controversy was never intentional but for some reason people were at the edge of their seats to find something to talk about her.

"The honest to god truth is that everyone despised Stephanie Fierce when she first made the airwaves. That's pretty much what people forget. She didn't have it easy coming into this thing but somehow she made everyone eat their words. At the beginning she honestly had moments were she would break down and cry and just think it's not worth living. Her fans would make her happy and make up for that." Her old publicist Robert Hall says.

Stephanie Fierce got discovered around 2007 through a talent search in New York but wasn't officially signed into a major record label until 2009 when her debut album "The Past, The Present and The Future of Pop" was reissued and included the #1 hit "Hot Shot" which kicked off the singer's career to new heights. Fast forward to today, the pop legend has sold close to 200 million records worldwide.

Stephanie Fierce began releasing records in 2007 but it wasn't until 2009 that she made a huge impact on a commercial stance. The pop star has now gone on to sell over 200 million records, won prestious awards, scored #1 hits that span over three different decades and even runs her own record label.

"I always wanted to be successful but I never expected the level of success to follow through because it wasn't an easy start for me"

Daniel: Let's talk about your early years as an artist! Do you recall those years?

SF: My first album was initially recorded late 2006/early 2007. My English was terrible and I had a bit of an accent. Not that there is anything wrong with that *laughs* But its funny looking back now how different I was and sounded then. I had no clue what the heck I was doing, I pretty much just threw myself to the wolves.

Daniel: Many fans speculate based on what you've said in the past that you had no creative control on your first record is that true?
SF: It's not that I didn't have creative control. I always did, I didn't call the shots back then. My label did. So on my first record, all I did was record a body of work but my label got to pick the singles and they pretty much didn't allow me to make any decisions outside of the songs I chose to write and record. That only happened on my first record. Back in the days, things were ran way different *laughs*

Daniel: You signed with Spice Records in conjuction with your Husbands old label. Is that how you met your now husband of 10 years?
SF: Not really. I met Johnny before I was signed to Spice Records, actually Johnny was the one that reached out to me and wanted to sign me on his label and after doing so, I invited him and his band to jumo on my song "Hot Shot" to re-issue the album "The Past, The Present and the Future of Pop".

Daniel: You said you had rough start coming in to music, can you dwell on that?
SF: Yes. I came in a time were pop musicians didn't exist. You were either a pop robot who didn't write music or you where a rock star. It was very black and white and for that reason it was very brutal for me. On top of it all, I had a really bad language barrier. Literally 99.9% of the industry wrote me off when I first came out minus a few people like Bikki and maybe a couple of more people. The only person that gave me a chance was my husband and his label. Kind of crazy looking back on it now. I was the first and only pop act to be signed at that time which drew a lot of controversy. Also GirlSpice were really supportive towards me. Those girls were awesome to work with and my first world tour was actually opening for them.

Daniel: Who is an artist you'd like to see come that you haven't heard from in a while?
SF: GirlSpice! I think I would personally pass out if those girls announce a comeback. Also, Ryan Ross Hernandez, we did records together in the past and I know he's a great talent. He's like the Kanye West of the industry. I have a love-hate relationship towards him (laughs) My husband Johnny Johnson, he's more focused on his new band but he's not planning on doing music for the public anytime soon. Panic! and The Nimrods. I'm sure im missing out a couple of more but those are the individuals I can think off the top of my head.

Daniel: The first pop girl beef you experienced was with "Madison O'Leary". You two would not stop at it going at one another back int he days. How's your relationship now, if you even have one?
SF: OMG *Laughs* I haven't heard about her in years. Poor thing. I'm just joking. We buried the hatchet years and years ago. I wish her well.

Ok so on to the next topic, we are discussing each album you've released:

The Past, The Present and The Future of Pop

My first album. Wow. That's really a long ass damn title *laughs* I remember presenting the title to my label and they were lke you couldn't come up with something shorter? and I responded "take it or leave it". I was so rebellious back then *laughs*
The whole concept of the album was to take current pop music and visually present it in different eras of time which also tied into the concept of my first world tour "The Time Machine World Tour" where I revisit different eras of pop but through live performance. I had so much fun on that tour, wearing all the different customes. I honestly was just in a creative high but I was also a new artist and many people felt like I was overstepping my place in the industry. Especially the "rockers" of the crop. In those time rock music was actualy dominant and they weren't used to seeing a outspoken female pop artist like me. I didn't really win any awards for my first album or anything despite my very first single going #1 on the charts and touring non stop but I just kind of used that as motivation for my next record. I was just really happy to be given an opportunity to do what I love but I also sat down with myself and said am I going to be like the rest or am I going to stand out? I chose to stand out and do something a bit different.

Diary of a Pop Sinner

My second album. I knew I wanted to do something "groundbreaking" and "unexpected". It's a very precious time in my career because it was the first time I was given a blank canvas and I was able to do whatever I wanted. Due to the success of record sales from my first album I was given more freedom to kind of call the shots. I don't think people had high expectations on what to expect from me but I wanted to be taken serious as an artist so with my second album I decided to actually write my damn music and take more creative control of it. With this I was able to merge with Spice Records and they allowed to to have as much creative freedom as possible. I was the very first pop act to write her own song in its entirety and win a Birdie for it. It was truly groundbreaking for me because I came from a very hateful industry and to be received and sort of validated a bit despite all the hate I received, I remember feeling a sense of relief. I actually cried because I honestly at some point thought it wasn't going to work but trusting my instinct and watching it work was truly satisfying. It was a lot of success and I just remember how fast everything was moving. Single after single, award after award. I just kind of got lost in it all.

Stephanie Fierce

With the success of my second album and touring non stop, I began to mold myself into more of a musician. With my second album I had to force myself to write music, learnt to play the guitar and actually produce the records because that was my way of fighting critics back. I knew I wanted my record to be more stripped and I wanted to take all the fame away and just be me. That's why I self titled the album. I feel like this album is one of my most underrated albums because I came off so much success of the second one that it kind of overshadowed this one. I mean at one point my second album was still selling more copies than my third. I was actually going through some tough things with Johnny as well. Our relationship wasn't the best and we were actually very close to a divorce. All of that pain was reflected in many of the songs. It's a heartbreak album and the only one that I've actually made.

Newborn

Being pregnant with Helle really changed a lot of things for me. It was the first time in my career and personal life that I really had to become selfless and I think that had a huge influence on my artistic growth and change. I started to become less of a young lady and more of a woman. I just had this ambition in wanting to take complete control and really step out of that pop star mentality and just become a boss. That's when I launched my own record label Hot Eye Records and I actually started to really produce my music without the help of other producers. Newborn was also the introduction of my experimental phase. It's a very bittersweet time because Helle was born but I also developed a very serious depression and I hid that from a lot of people. It was a very dark time but I somehow managed to disguise that. I like to describe this album was if you were in a cave but you see the light at the end; its not completely dark; there's a sense of lightness in the sound. I don't think anyone was doing trip-hop at that time. Looking back I was crazy ass bitch (laughs) I'm probably still am.

Free

I cringe at the thought of this album. Crazy because this actually used to be my favorite album, but I realized that it was because without me realizing that it became an enabler to my depression. This album really is the most complex thing I have ever done and its sad because despite all the efforts and critical acclaim it received I don't think I can revisit any of the songs anytime soon. At least not for a while. This record however definitely broke the pop music mold in terms of taking risks with sounds, noise and lyrical content. There's layers and layers of hard work that went into this album that it is almost impossible to dissect it all in an interview. Despite this being my most emotional album, visually I feel like I was in my bag in terms of the creative process. Once again, I was doing visuals that the pop music market would necessarily digest quickly and was in a way pushing the boundaries as to what was accepted at that time.

Life's Good

After going through that depression, I decided to get some professional help and that's what inspired this record. I kind of took a step back from all the experimental stuff and decided to brighten things up with a more southern country inspired R&B/Soul album. This is the only album in my discography that I feel was purely a soul kind of album where the songs were more based on the vocals. My focus on this album was to uplift my fans and in the end uplift myself. I was fighting life during this time and this album helped me get on by.

Love is Lust

This album for me took me back into my experimental side, also electronic. In a sense this album was like "Lost in Electronic" lost big sister. Even though it didn't achieve much commercial success, it still managed to get a #1 hit single somehow and I was able to really cement this album as a fan favorite. This is one of my least favorite albums I have to admit. I felt uninspired at the time and just was so confused in terms of what sound identity I wanted to have with the album. Despite how I feel about the album, my fans have a particular liking for a couple of the songs. So as long as they can get something out of this record I'm happy but me personally as a professional I can admit this is not my best effort.

Amplified & Lost in Electronica

I'll skip over that. Well, I'll just say this. .... Lost in Electronica is what Amplified tried to be but failed. (laughs) The main goal with this album was to make a dance record that people will genuinely just enjoy listening to. A full fledged pop record. I wanted to make something that's fun and not really complex and something you can easily just bop to. At this point of in my life im not going through the pain and suffering I was in my younger years. I'm at a place where I feel like I don't need to make moody records or where things are too deep. I just want you to not overthink it and just go for it. That's where I'm at in life. You have to understand that people are in different head spaces in their lives. Someone may be going through a very depressive state in their life, while someone may be on a emotional high from getting married.This is something I never considered when making music before.

As Daniel finishes the interview with Stephanie Fierce; they both hug and thank one another as they end the interview.

PART 4/9

Edited by user 28 May 2020 07:50:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)