logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2020 09:03:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Official Album Cover

Artist: The Chickmunk Girls
Title: Pop Emergency!
Release Date: July 1, 2020
Writers: Kathy, Olivia, Shanti, Stephanie Fierce, Daniel The Freenerd
Producers: Rock Mafia, Kathy, Daniel The Freenerd, BloodPop, Max Martin
Executive Producer: Kathy
Format(s): Streaming, Free Digital Download
Label: Hot Eye Records

"Pop Emergency" (Styled as 'Pop Emergency!') is the 5th studio album released by The Chickmunk Girls set to be released on July 1, 2020 following a nearly 7 year hiatus. The controversial girl group formed back in 2009 and were famously known for their quirky pop sound and controversial artworks which set them apart from your standard girl group. The group's previous label went into bankruptcy forcing the girls to remain on a hiatus until their contracts expired in 2019. While keeping their same management the girls went on to sign a new record deal with independent record label Hot Eye Records on January 2020 and immediately began work on their new album.

Background

The girl group who was famously known for their #1 hits "Ego Trippin" and "Don't Stop (Give Me Techno)" and "The Game feat. Stephanie Ortiz" is making a return with all of its original 3 vocalists and 3 back up dancers. The group is also for their racy and highly controversial artwork "Pinocchio" which earned the group one of the biggest fines in the music industry after it was aired during a Super Bowl promotional ad. The group first broke on the scene in 2009 and managed to release three studio albums together before going on an indefinite hiatus. After many years, fans speculated that the group had broken up. With no official press release confirming this information fans were left frustrated and abandoned without updates for years. Their manager Alicia Zimmerman confirmed in a recent interview that the girl group's previous contract had ended and with busy schedules and their previous label crumbling apart they were never able to get a new music contract in the works. The girls were also not allowed to talk about their hiatus for 7 years according to their contracts. The girl group was reunited by Stephanie Fierce who signed the group for a two album deal with Hot Eye Records in January 2020. The 12 million dollar deal will allow the girls to give their fans high budget music videos and quality records. .

The lead single chosen off the album is "Poison" and it's set to be released June 12, 2020. All of the main three girls partook in the writing process of the album with assistance from Stephanie Fierce and Daniel The Freenerd. The production team involved the likes of Rock Mafia, Kathy, Daniel The Freenerd, BloodPop, Max Martin

"I think we've all evolved as women. We honestly have never been the cookie cutter pop girl band. We've always done things differently and always took a different approach in terms of sound. But honestly this record is probably more poppier than our previous records even though we've kept the Chickmunk touch in there somewhere. The ultimate goal of this record is to sound like you're getting a constant adrenaline rush through the music which inspired the name Pop Emergency. Also in pop music culture the term "Pop Emergency" means when a pop artist is about to release a new record when things have been dull and boring therefore causing a pop emergency"- Kathy

"I feel that in most of our albums we've had the fair share of singing. I don't think there's like a dominating member but on this album each one of us got an opportunity to have a dominating track which is exciting because that provides the opportunity for each one of us to shine on our own. Many of our songs don't have cookie cutter names and that's what I love about what we do. I have to say though that Poison is probably the most mainstream you'll hear us out of all the song we've released thus far." - Shanti

"I'm just trying to dance my doughnut fat off" - Olivia.

Standard Track-listing:

1. Pop Emergency
2. Open Heart Surgery (feat. Kathy)
3. Pop a Pill
4. Cock Destroyers (feat. The Cock Destroyers)
5. 9.1.1. (feat. Olivia)
6. Poison
7. Bruises (feat. Shanti)
8. Code Red
9. Orgasm or Coma?
10. Doctor Doctor
thanks 11 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 07/06/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/06/2020(UTC), erich hess on 07/06/2020(UTC), FiveT on 07/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/06/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/06/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 10/06/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2020 07:59:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Yasss. I'm excited to see and hear what you have in store for this album. The Chickmunk Girls have a long history and I remember them from when I first started RPing around here years ago :'). Honestly, the nostalgia is real. It's nice to see them back and about to drop an album.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 08/06/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/06/2020(UTC)
#3 Posted : 18 June 2020 09:06:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TRACK 1: P O P - E M E R G E N C Y

Artist: The Chickmunk Girls
Album: Pop Emergency!
Release Date: July 1, 2020
Writers: Kathy, Olivia, Shanti
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd
Label: Hot Eye Records

"it's a music industry crisis
turning on up all of the sirens,
she don't function through all of the silence
dancing so hard but don't get sweaty
going through all of the emotional phases
dance in a crowd full of pretty faces
but she feels so empty
singing on the top of her voice
feels like she don't have a choice

I...rather just die
rather die
call the the ambulance
oooh oooh
I...rather just die
rather die
call the the ambulance
oooh oooh
she feels the urgency for need,
pop emergency
she feels a urgency for need
Pop emergency
Pop Emergency
Pop pop pop emergency

she's obsessed with that rhythm pushing through her veins
urge for the beat she feels she just can't retain

it's a music industry crisis
turning on up all of the sirens,
she don't function through all of the silence
dancing so hard but don't get sweaty
going through all of the emotional phases
dance in a crowd full of pretty faces
but she feels so empty
singing on the top of her voice

I...rather just die
rather die
call the the ambulance
oooh oooh
I...rather just die
rather die
call the the ambulance
oooh oooh
pop emergency
Pop emergency
Pop Emergency
Pop pop pop emergency

Pah pah
Pop Emergency
PAH PAH!
Pop Pop
Pop Pop Emergency

I...rather just die
rather die
call the the ambulance
pop emergency
Pop emergency
Pop Emergency
Pop pop pop emergency"

Sounds like:

thanks 8 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 18/06/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/06/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 18/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 18/06/2020(UTC), FiveT on 18/06/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 18/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 19/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 10 December 2020 04:18:36(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
OOC: I really wished this was done before the end of the year, but since it's not this first track really sets the tone on what I think was going to be a refreshing new take on pop music. and during this time there were some people doing techno disco mix for music but I really enjoyed listening to the music and reading the lyrics. I was interested and I still am this was a good start and a good single.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 10/12/2020(UTC)
#5 Posted : 10 December 2020 09:00:11(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I really wished this was done before the end of the year, but since it's not this first track really sets the tone on what I think was going to be a refreshing new take on pop music. and during this time there were some people doing techno disco mix for music but I really enjoyed listening to the music and reading the lyrics. I was interested and I still am this was a good start and a good single.

OOC: Whoa! I was not expecting this bump lol Here's what happened. I bought a new computer this summer, and unfortunately, a lot of my stuff was wiped out of my old computer. I did this to make the process of transferring my stuff to the new computer smoother but I mistakenly deleted all the RP files I was working on for this forum. Stuff I had written for Stephanie Ortiz, Silver Spoons, Stephanie Fierce, and this album. As well as the Poison music video (which I was nearly done with and was supposed to be in my opinion one of my favorite music videos I've done on here). I did not feel like rewriting it so I just kind of gave up on the album and lost inspiration for the characters lol I also gave up on some of the other cool things I was working on. Lesson learned, back up everything. It's a damn shame but I've decided to just let it go.
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 12/12/2020(UTC)