logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2020 01:59:16(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Die Kicking
Artist: Nichole Shade
Length: 4:10
Writers: Nichole Shade, Reza Vranitzky
Producer: Nichole Shade, Reza Vranitzky
Label: Independent

Die Kicking is Nichole Shade’s first release as a solo artist. After sharing many years in the spotlight with her bandmate, Castor Drake, the two have split up their band, Vile Hour, and Nichole has gone on to apparently write a song about it. Or is the song about her ex-girlfriend, Erica Hess, which whom Nichole had a very tumultuous and off-and-on relationship with? Who knows? It’s probably a little bit a both. But it’s definitely a new start with Nichole, both musically and spiritually. The tone of the music, first off, is much different than anything Vile Hour ever released. Nichole Shade is definitely heading in more of a pop direction with this new first single, produced by long-time producer for Vile Hour, Reza Vranitzky.

The chorus of the song is the heart of the song, proclaiming that whichever relationship Nichole is talking about in the song, she’s not going to let it die peacefully. She doesn’t want a clean break, she wants them to end their relationship wanting, and hurting, and especially kicking and screaming. Throughout the song, there is no definite clue as to who the song is about, but there are many clues that it could be about either Nichole and Castor’s friendship and band falling apart, or Erica Hess and Nichole Shade’s relationship. Earlier on Twitter, after Erica posted that she wanted a song about one of her breakups, Nichole Shade responded, “On it,” which could be a clue in itself as to what this song is about. It definitely wouldn’t be the first time Nichole Shade wrote a song about Erica Hess.

The first verse sings about a relationship between two volatile people, claiming that the two “destroy each other / Just the way friends are meant to break one another.” Nichole is showing that she doesn’t have much faith in interpersonal relationships in these lines, further breaking it down by explaining that her moral compass has never worked, something that many people probably already know about Nichole from her very public image. The second verse takes on a slightly different tone, giving us more hints as to who the song could be about. Again, she sets up the volatile relationship, singing that the two “leave a trail of burned things in [their] wake.” She also ties in a clever Kill Bill reference, claiming that it is forgiveness she lacks, a tie back to The Bride’s line to Vernita Green, “It’s mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.” The also refers to her money flow, claiming that it was because of the person she’s singing about that she’s made a profit off of music. This could be a reference to either Castor Drake, who helped co-write many of Vile Hour’s songs and was half of their two-piece band, or it be to Erica Hess, whom which their public relationship is what originally made Nichole Shade a memorable star, starting with their encounters on Celebrity Big Brother, their friendship while Nichole was married to metal singer Sam Fischer, and then later after her divorce, Nichole and Erica’s relationship.

In the bridge, Nichole sings that she will make sure whoever the song is about will hear the song by any means necessary. This feels more like a reference to Castor Drake, who seems to have disappeared many years ago. It was only fairly recently that Nichole Shade reappeared in the celebrity spotlight, with her second appearance on Celebrity Big Brother. But then again, Nichole is a narcissist, and making sure somebody hears her song is not the worst thing she’s done by any means necessary.

We destroy each other
Just the way friends are meant to break one another
Everyone is talking like they know, oh, we’re over
The compass that I came into this world with never worked

‘Cause I’m gonna let us die kicking
And I’m gonna let us die screaming
And I’m gonna let us die hurting

I know what you want
We leave a trail of burned things in our wake
Can’t take it back, it’s forgiveness I lack
‘Cause of you that I profit
Making money off it
And now we’re just hypocrites

I’m gonna let us die kicking

Oh, no apologies, we could be just two broken machines
Oh, and honestly, I will make sure you hear this song by any means
Oh, no apologies, we could be just two broken machines
Oh, and honestly

I’m gonna let us die kicking

Oh, we’ll die kicking
(I will make sure you hear this song by any means)
Let us die kicking
(Do-do-do)
Die kicking
Oh, let us die kicking, oh
Oh, I’m gonna let us die kicking, yeah

Sounds like:

thanks 8 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
2001clay on 12/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 12/07/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/07/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/07/2020(UTC), FiveT on 12/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 12 July 2020 04:30:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: So good to see you post a solo song with Nichole! I love a song with captivating lyrics and this is certainly one of them. I love the opening lines “We destroy each other/Just the way friends are meant to break one another” - that hits deep for me. Honestly, great work on all of this and I’m hoping we get a solo album from Nichole :P

Cristina: This is certainly a quality song Nichole, I personally relate to these lyrics. Also loving the sound of this all as well.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2020 05:16:57(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: So good to see you post a solo song with Nichole! I love a song with captivating lyrics and this is certainly one of them. I love the opening lines “We destroy each other/Just the way friends are meant to break one another” - that hits deep for me. Honestly, great work on all of this and I’m hoping we get a solo album from Nichole :P

Cristina: This is certainly a quality song Nichole, I personally relate to these lyrics. Also loving the sound of this all as well.

OCC: Thank you so much! Feels good to get back into the songwriting again!

Nichole: Thank you, Cristina. I'm glad that my new sound is resonating with people.
Offline Teethdevoursnake  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2020 17:00:51(UTC)
Teethdevoursnake

Man
United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Travis: I like how this song has just the right amount of smooth and chill but with a little bit of a punk rock attitude. Definitely song to burn a bridge to.
thanks 1 user thanked Teethdevoursnake for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 13 July 2020 02:14:21(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Travis: I like how this song has just the right amount of smooth and chill but with a little bit of a punk rock attitude. Definitely song to burn a bridge to.

Nichole: You hit the nail on the head of what kind of music I was trying to make. I hope your bridge burning goes splendidly.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 13 July 2020 08:45:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Love me a good 'f*ck you' record. This is bad ass! Kind of like you! Obsessed!

OOC: I really miss your RPs! Glad you we got something new from you :) You also just put me on this good ass song lol for that alone I have to thank you!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 13 July 2020 10:41:16(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Stephanie Fierce: Love me a good 'f*ck you' record. This is bad ass! Kind of like you! Obsessed!

OOC: I really miss your RPs! Glad you we got something new from you :) You also just put me on this good ass song lol for that alone I have to thank you!

Nichole: Thanks so much, Stephanie! We're two bad ass queens, aren't we?

OOC: Thank you so much ahh! If you're into this song, you def should check out more King Princess, she's my obsession right now. lol
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 13/07/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#8 Posted : 13 July 2020 10:45:07(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Slim Money: Yo I Like It. It got some cool vibe to it

OCC: Good Job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 13 July 2020 11:28:43(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Slim Money: Yo I Like It. It got some cool vibe to it

OCC: Good Job

Nichole: Thank you, Mr. Money.

OOC: Thanks!
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 15 July 2020 18:04:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Savannah: Wow. I can't quite put my finger on why, but this song strikes a chord with me from the opening line. I love pop music with a twist, with a little darkness. I'm a fan of the contrast between upbeat sounds and downbeat lyrics. This is on repeat, no doubt. You have my heart. Wonderful. Sad. Glorious.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 16/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 16 July 2020 01:06:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Savannah: Wow. I can't quite put my finger on why, but this song strikes a chord with me from the opening line. I love pop music with a twist, with a little darkness. I'm a fan of the contrast between upbeat sounds and downbeat lyrics. This is on repeat, no doubt. You have my heart. Wonderful. Sad. Glorious.

Nichole: Thank you so much, Savannah. Wonderful, sad, and glorious are my middle names. I promise to keep your heart safe. (;
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 16 July 2020 23:06:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Blake: Definitely one of the more talented of my fellow CBB7 alumni ;) Superbly written and delivered. I could tell that you felt every word which you were singing. Also love the juxtaposition of the production against the lyricism. Perfectly married both light and dark.

OOC: I love this! Such a well written song! Not only was it great to have had you back on the RP side of things but it feels even better now to see you back with the music :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 16/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#13 Posted : 16 July 2020 23:31:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Blake: Definitely one of the more talented of my fellow CBB7 alumni ;) Superbly written and delivered. I could tell that you felt every word which you were singing. Also love the juxtaposition of the production against the lyricism. Perfectly married both light and dark.

OOC: I love this! Such a well written song! Not only was it great to have had you back on the RP side of things but it feels even better now to see you back with the music :)

Nichole: Hey, Blake. Thank you so much! I only hate you a little bit for not being the one who went home when I did on CBB!

OOC: Ahhh, thank you so much! Very happy to be back, and very happy to be around supportive people like you again.
BrownSugar on 16/07/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 31 July 2020 23:20:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: This is really catchy to sing to in real life lol. You did a wonderful job on the lyrics and I like the Kill Bill reference also!

Hayden: I like the lyrics, very fitting for pop and everything but what draws me in the most is the production. I"m kind of a production geek where I like to listen and catch new things and stuff like that. Plus, I'm a sucker for songs that are like 'screw you, burn, rot, seethe' and a nice harp playing in the background. I'm 100% sure this song will reach whomever it is supposed to.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#15 Posted : 01 August 2020 01:38:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: This is really catchy to sing to in real life lol. You did a wonderful job on the lyrics and I like the Kill Bill reference also!

Hayden: I like the lyrics, very fitting for pop and everything but what draws me in the most is the production. I"m kind of a production geek where I like to listen and catch new things and stuff like that. Plus, I'm a sucker for songs that are like 'screw you, burn, rot, seethe' and a nice harp playing in the background. I'm 100% sure this song will reach whomever it is supposed to.

OOC: Thank you so much! Gotta throw in a Tarantino reference in there sometimes.

Nichole: Thank you, Hayden. It's a new sound for me, obviously, and I wasn't sure how well I could mesh my old self with this new self. But I'm very proud of it, and it means a lot to me that people liked it. Here's hoping WHOEVER this song is about knows exactly what the fuck is up now. Thank you again!
RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)