logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2020 20:18:33(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage

13/12/2020
Pop, Dance Pop, Rap, Christmas Music, Synth Pop
Five Pesky Kids

TRACKLIST:
1. Intro
2. La Melodía
3. Truth or Dare
4. What's Your Name?
5. Last Christmas

'The Power-Up Ep' is a Christmas record done by The Jollies and Dj Rashai in collaboration with Coca Cola, which will use the songs as part of their next TV commercials where the Jollies might also appear in 2021. The EP is released on December 13th through Five Pesky Kids, record label run by Weekend.

On this small collection of songs, The Jollies decided to give fans a small glimpse at the upcoming music coming from their second album in 2021, on which they are steadily working on. The group describes this collaboration with Dj Rashai to be slightly more oriented towards Dance music than what they are working on, but the main ideas and themes are linked to the new album. While in their first one 'Squad Goals' they were more about Bubblegum, 80s/90s influenced music, this time they are developing more on the Synth route as Rashai explained himself in one of his recent Radio interview. "...The group was looking to make Dance, high music with Poppy beats that would give people a good time after a long year like this. Still, they didn't want to make faceless, generic Dance beats but wanted to create meaningul songs with beats that made sense and perfectly stood between their vocals. So this record could be a mix between my music as a Dj and theirs, a good mix to discover I suppose."

UserPostedImage

With their five, distinctive vocals the Jollies manage to re-create the magic in 'Squad Goals' and give it a more Christmassy/Dance spin, this time going further with giving each member the right line to sing, where each one can feel comfortable singing the best they can - David goes into cheeky, spoken, slightly rapped and lower tones with attitude, Zafari shows his loud soulful vocals even more but continues on his grand Rapping skills, Rose gets to show her high pleasing tone again in the right parts giving the songs parts very enjoyable to listen, then Natasha shows more of her strong, high notes revealing once more to be the strongest vocalist as she knows how to raise tensions in songs and Fabriano eventually ties up amazingly in the blending part, giving out amazing low harmonies and a husky, low manly vibrato in his verses.
These comfortable positions are explored further on this Dance side and as they explain themselves in the first track, the spoken 'Intro' where the five comment the little EP and its purpose, they tell how they don't want to be the next Pop act becoming the usual Dance/House/Electronic act, as much as they like it mainstream, they want to explore genres with their sounds and work on as many influences as possible in their career. There is this diversity discourse that they have in their message and their group formation that is now flowing into their music as well. They surely won't be the next five Frank Sinatras or become an heavy Death Metal band but they will surely incorporate genres in their next album and, as they admit in the intro, this EP shows the Dance genre as the first one picked and this will only be a small part of what's to come in the next record.

UserPostedImage

Describing the tracklist, after the quick intro just explained, the Jollies and Dj Rashai create together three different Dance tracks with Poppy beats, fun themes but different tones adding one Christmas classic at the end with a new 'Jolly' spin on it.
Written by both the group and Rashai, but produced by the latter only, the three new songs come as follow - 'La Melodía', is a Spanish latin driven songs, with very few elements of Bachata combined with the quirky attitude of the Jollies who unite their vocals and create an uplifting anthem that can live up to many interpretations, it could be a romantic song for who believes in love, it can be an ode to your own persona if you are indipendent and aren't interested about love or could be about anyone you care about. The Jollies make no distinction.
'Truth or Dare' shows a slightly darker mood but what makes it quirky and fun is its lyrics about confidence and self-esteem at some points reaching some provocative shades in vocals or lyrics.
'What's Your Name?' is the last, third new song that feels closer to their last album and to the Jollies' usual sound. It is a huge fun track, with few synthesiezers and basses taking the lead behind some vocals full of attitude and lyrics full of interesting remarks.
So with the Jollies exploring different genres, the fan can look at these three tracks as an early experiment of what's really coming soon, enjoying maybe a lighter mood on a Christmas that feels very heavy this year.

¸โ€ž.-โ€ข~¹°โ€ห†หœ¨ MERRY CHRISTMAS ¨หœห†โ€°¹~โ€ข-.โ€ž¸

Edited by user 12 December 2020 23:19:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ, Rose Hemsworth ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ, David Hernandez ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿป, Natasha Stanovski ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป, Fabriano Galore ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 6 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 12/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 12 December 2020 20:36:13(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage
๏ผ‘๏ผŽ ๏ผฉ๏ผฎ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผฏ

The Intro track is basically an introduction to the EP, not an actual song. The Jollies speak on it within each other, they talk about the themes of the album and show a bit of their personalities while Dj Rashai in the background almost seems to be preparing the music as we can hear instruments being tried out like a real soundcheck, giving the feel that this is like a behind the scenes type of thing leading to the actual show.

LEGEND:
๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธDavid ๐Ÿ‘ง๐ŸปNatasha ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐ŸฆฒZafari ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸฆฐRose ๐Ÿ‘จ๐ŸปFabriano

"...
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ Aww Dance music!

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Electro Dance music of a dirty disco dancing, is this what Madonna felt releasing Confessions?

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป You know guys, they'll think we're so Dance and electronic, mainstream generic when we just wanna have fun.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ Or that we're the next Titans.

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป Ow, no... Please...

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ You know what, people can think what they feel and be entitled to their opinion, but we are free as well to make these three Dance tracks and have fun with it. At the end of the day, we know what our sound and new songs are like, so...

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป Exactly.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ I think these ones aren't so generic, they sound like fun, tongue in cheek. Their messages are evident, I think?

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Yeah, that's the thing. Our sound is Pop with a bit of everything mixed in, right.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ Yeaah, juts like us lot are five different weirdos, our songs are different Pop tracks with different flavors. Like a macaroni plate.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ Oooh, I love that. Yummy!

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ No! We are like pizzas, they are all similar but have different ingredients and people love it on a weekend night!

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป That makes sense I guess, who knew we'd end up talkin' about pizza AGAIN.

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป At least it's good for diet.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ Ohhh COME ON.

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Ok. Right. I love this pizza talk but now we are releasing this fun EP with Rashai. This is fun dancey versions of the Jollies' music, because we enjoy a bit of everything, we love differences.

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ...oh right!

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ Yay!

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ Woooo, ENJOOOY"

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ, Rose Hemsworth ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ, David Hernandez ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿป, Natasha Stanovski ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป, Fabriano Galore ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
GirlSpice on 12/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#3 Posted : 12 December 2020 21:23:31(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage
๏ผ’๏ผŽ ๏ผฌ๏ผก ๏ผญ๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฏ๏ผคí๏ผก

'La Melodía' is a Dance Pop song with Latin and Bachata influences, containing Spanish words as well. The main themes are easily explained and while not exactly being about Christmas, it proves to be something that could be listened all year as it speaks about music being transported by a melody into a good mood and better time, so music becomes a way to feel better, a magic that inspires many and can't be explained just like many other feelings being friendship, love or anything intimate that feels strong on which many could have written about in history.

Dj Rashai manages to mix perfectly the Pop fun sound of the Jollies to a latin Dance music, creating an uplifting anthem of joy that makes the listener want to sing along the strongly well mixed different vocals or dance to it.
Being the first proper track of the EP, it sets the tone alright and takes us right away into the lighter mood the Jollies were aiming to make.
It's worth noting how David opens the song in Spanish after a Bachata introduction and tries to sound lowly but cheekily seductive almost like he's trying to invite the listener into this fun bachata totally open in its joyous mood by the whole gang singing together with their vocals blended amazingly, giving out an empowering feeling.
Natasha and Rose eventually sing the chrous setting the more sentimental part with their high vocals, Natasha being a little more aggressive and higher, Rose mantaining that pleasing sweet tone that feels very intimate and personal, just like the feelings described.
Zafari raps on the next verse with energy, even more than ever shown before, his skills have developed further and manages to mantain high the feeling which, after another chorus, is slowly taken down in the middle 8 where the group sings a part slower, almost like the bachata is over, now it's time to think about what had happened, but only before it starts again with the new, last chorus where it gets even more intense.

Rose ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"Awww my Gosh, this is my favorite on this little EP! I was so excited when me and David wrote the first sheets of lyrics and I really wanted it to have a romantic spin, then with the Bachata feeling on, it all felt so beautiful. David actually suggested to let it be more about more a general situation and let it be inclusive of anyone, just so that not only lovers could relate to it! But there is, like, you know a more romantic version about love 'out there'."

Fabriano ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"This song is an excellent mix of our vocals and personalities. Dj Rashai is a very skilled producer, beatmaker, instrumentist. Being able to put a Bachata, a latin spin on our thing, that is a skill. He is definately doing his job. I am kinda disappointed this wouldn't be a single, I could imagine the huge success it could have but then again, we have other business choices as well that I am sure will work over it. Still a very good song."

๏ผ’๏ผŽ ๏ผฌ๏ผก ๏ผญ๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฏ๏ผคí๏ผก
๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธDavid ๐Ÿ‘ง๐ŸปNatasha ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐ŸฆฒZafari ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸฆฐRose ๐Ÿ‘จ๐ŸปFabriano

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Si tu quieres el sonido para despertarte
Si tu quieres ser seguro de estimularte
Hay algunas cosas que ganarte
Lo que tu quieres podría cuidarte
en eso aquì

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
You know what's good
You know every move
But little did you know
What you have got to prove
You know what's good
You know how to move
A little desperado
This one is just for you

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
Que te gusta vivir la melodía
Un olor que huele a gloria
Estos pasos, estos te roban
You like it, be a lover
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
This time, a little spin (๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป)round
A little (๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป)backtrack
Enjoy your rest
It's good, know now how it felt?

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
La melodía es new vida, new vida
(๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป) New vida, let's go
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ
What's that? Tarantella from another town
This is a bachata now, heard the sound?
Can you listen how it pounds
Rico sonido from el Paìs del sun
Una melodía que te hace no mal
You heard it yet? Right?

You know what's good
You know every move
But little did you know
What you have to prove
You know what's good
You know how to move
A little desperado
This one is just for you

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
You like it, be a lover
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Enjoy your rest

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป

Last time you danced so well
You can't even remember
But why did you forget it all of it baby
You had the right moves
When you were growing up on first tunes
Now it's time you remind yourself

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
You like it, be a lover
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Enjoy your rest

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 12 December 2020 22:06:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline FiveT  
#4 Posted : 12 December 2020 22:05:59(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage
3๏ผŽ ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผต๏ผด๏ผจ ๏ผฏ๏ผฒ ๏ผค๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผฅ

'Truth or Dare' is another Dance Pop track this time with more Urban influences on it, with darker tones and themes it differs from the first lighter tracks. The Jollies get more intimate here as they talk about risking in life and again, it could be interpreted by anyone for any situation with the general interpretation being how one could play a 'Truth or Dare' game in life when risking and trying new situations in love, in a job, in family but the more one only plays, the more the goal will never be achieved. So when the 'Truth or Dare' game finishes, something can happen.
Another interpretation could also hint at a sexual act, being 'Truth or Dare' a game to build up the sexual tension that never comes if one gets stuck in the game, but the Jollies being also an act followed by kid have deliberately decided to make it a song available for kids as well removing words that might hint a sexual intercourses.

Dj Rashai here gives a huge influence of his own sound, this one being very close to the music already released by him and on which he's working on. The dark beats, the loud basses and the Jollies' vocals sounding a little less joyous than usual but still very quirky would make this one more a track on Rashai's side.
David opens the track but this time with only a very low, whispered question on the beats playing before Zafari properly starts out rapping on most of it, this making it also very similar to Rashai's music. Zafari here isn't as energic as the first track, but he adds a little more depth into the fast words he lets out, showing a bit more of loud soulfulness into his voice. Rose follows him almost as if she also tried to rap but she isn't for rapping, so she sings in her pleasing tone fitting the notes to the rhythm and only builds up to the chorus.
Natasha sings the chorus with the others doing harmonies and she totally owns it after Zafari's raps. She's loud, strong and very well fit into the whole big beat behind, she's lets out adrenaline in her voice.

Zafari ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"Man, this one is my track. Can we say it I own it? Yeah we can. I love a good rap, so there you go. I rap the heck out of me on this. It was fun to make this song. My cousin Rashai made most of it, from lyrics to the production thing. He's a bad boy at making sick beats man. He wrote these lyrics first and we changed some words and made it Jolly, becuase otherwise what's the point? I like how we added about the fact that you got work for yo things, still playin' big and cool games but who cares man? You gotta work your stuff."

Dj Rashai ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"'Truth Or Dare' was the track I was given more freedom upon by the group. I am definately adding this to an upcoming LP of mine. I thought of this as if I were to create a full track for myself, then the five kids put their hands on the lyrics and of course, the voices. They got distinctive voices, but as my sound features lots of rap, Zafari was the choice to sing most verses. He's the one who raps."

๏ผ’๏ผŽ ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผต๏ผด๏ผจ ๏ผฏ๏ผฒ ๏ผค๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผฅ

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Who's playin'??

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ
Campfire, made out of true desires
Can't let out what's a real fire
In my mind, this all makes me a liar
Who wants to play?
Got still time to stay?
Hey

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
I was told this was a night time
Where the stars can shine down light
I would be there, dreaming of Downtown
But if we play, we could turn it all around

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
I wish we had truth, truth to talk about now
I wish you dare me to play more fair, fair
When it's time to be a liar
I dare to make the most affair-air

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe
Do I even care (๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป) later?
(๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Later, later, later)
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe
Does it even (๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป) matter?
(๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Wha-what do you want?)

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
I wanna know when it's time we get it
I wanna know when we stop this playin'
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe
Does it even (๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป) matter?

(๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ Wha-what do you want?)

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ
No, joke around like you would
Ready to end up real fool?
New wannabe, want an hairdo
How you do? Yeah, how you do
With no way around still playing like a fool

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
I was told this was a night time
Where the stars can shine down light
I would be there, dreaming of Downtown
But if we play, we could turn it all around

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe
Do I even care (๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป) later?
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Truth or dare babe

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 12 December 2020 23:19:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 12/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#5 Posted : 12 December 2020 22:46:12(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage
4๏ผŽ ๏ผท๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผด๏ผ‡๏ผณ ๏ผน๏ผฏ๏ผต๏ผฒ ๏ผฎ๏ผก๏ผญ๏ผฅ๏ผŸ

'What's Your Name?' is the last new Pop track now with more Synth, Elctro Pop influences but this one being out of the three the song that mostly gets closer to the Jollies' sound, message and attitude. It is a fun track, with not only a positive message about equality but with a cheeky take on the identity idea. In fact, the five sing about people not being able to find themselves in their life, not knowing where they stand and being confused and in the lyrics they try to almost 'help' people in this confusion by starting with a simple question - "What's your name?". Something that we always say first when we introduce ourselves to someone new and that first defines us and it can be changed, a nickname can be given to appeal to who we think we are and want to be and the Jollies explore this theme in this song, using also references to real people and Pop culture in general, making this a very Jollies' driven song.

Dj Rashai's sound here is only present in the production and the choice of basses and synthesizers, but the whole melody, the whole sounds, the vocals it all reminds greatly of 'Squad Goals' with a more Electro spin on it.
David for the third time opens the song, this time with another longer verse and he isn't trying to be seductive here, he shows his more eccentric side by singing his lines slightly jazzy and eventually falls into a rap with Zafari where they manage to harmonise their masculine vocals (Zafari being higher than David in notes) in the almost-sounding rap.
The biggest parts of the song though are definately the bridge sung by Rose and the chorus fully sung by Fabriano. Rose lets out the most of her sweet voice, almost like a little girl in what feels like a parody of her sweet tone fitting the whole idea of the track and leads to Fabriano who almost sounds very parodistic of himself, sounding very lowly, huskily and breathy like he's totally trying to seduce the listener but in a very elegant way, which totally fits his personality and the critics of people at him being only a face in the group.
Natasha sings the second verse with attitude and higher notes than David in the first one and is followed by another energic rap of Zafari.
In the middle 8, Natasha slows down the song again with the beat behind her as she sings louder and tries to break the mood and re-build with a brand new beat in the last explosive bridge and chorus.

David ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"I looove this track! I mean, this is so the ultimate Jolly song, out of all the others songs on the EP it feels more like us. Not that the others don't, but we have done a collaboration with Rashai so that he could promote his music as well, so we had to give him some freedom too, but if on the first track we cooperated, on the second he had freedom for himself, this one is our turn. We created this all, even by asking Rashai for the right melodies to fit it all and yeah, you can tell the whole mood of the song. We wrote the lyrics all together and we wanted to talk a little more about identity, equality but doing references to the Pop culture and celebrity in which I believe we are ending up to this year. We were quite inspired."

Natasha ๊œฑแด€ส๊œฑ

Quote:
"Woo, a cool track. Well, I like this one because this is so us. It represents us in our differences and tongue-in-cheekiness. We were like let's write about identity and celebrity now that our life changed and we have more experience in that. So much has happened in one year and this like closes it well I guess. I am glad we could be more free to fully work on this one."

3๏ผŽ ๏ผท๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผด๏ผ‡๏ผณ ๏ผน๏ผฏ๏ผต๏ผฒ ๏ผฎ๏ผก๏ผญ๏ผฅ๏ผŸ

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
She said she felt like Marylin Monroe
Then she said how could she let it go
Not sure how the world works, she felt like eating tacos
Plata o plomo, she ended up like Narcos
Whoever she thinks she is
Whoever she thinks she is

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
She played cool, he's a fool
Dirty dancing, but not you
He felt like Elvis, she liked the pelvis
But where are all the moves?
The Titanic fell down
Jack and Rose became cold

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ(Woooah-oah)
The frog could become a little prince
The problem is where to find a kiss
Poor, riches, or where it stinks
Hey little baby let me start from here

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
Tell me what's your name?
What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Hercules fell down for good
He just wanted to become a God
Something he forgot, Olympus gone
Now it's superheroes from another world

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ
He joked high, but he made them scream
Night calls, fear underneath
White mask, black gucci dress
Seven days, then what happens next?
He said he don't remember
I don't like this series

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Something we might have forgot, we can still learn
It's our speciality
It's whoever we can be
Whoever underneath

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

What's your name?
You're gonna tell me
What's your name?
What's your name?

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 13 December 2020 18:34:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

GirlSpice on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#6 Posted : 12 December 2020 23:19:15(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

๐ŸŒŸ 5๏ผŽ ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผด ๏ผฃ๏ผจ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผญ๏ผก๏ผณ ๐ŸŒŸ

'Last Christmas' is the classic Christmas song by Wham covered by the Jollies with Dj Rashai. The track closes the Christmas EP with the perfect holiday mood but the lyrics and some parts of the song get changed to be more adapted for the Jollies. The original version of the song in fact talks about an heartbreak while the new Jollies' version describes something completely different trasforming the heartbreak theme into a more empowering one being the idea of being one year older, wiser, richer and more experienced than a year before. So this is how 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart...' line transforms into 'Last Christmas I had one smaller heart..." and so on.

While the Jollies sing following the original melodies of the song, the background music becomes more Electro Pop oriented and gets modern with Dj Rashai's production creating a new version out of this Christmas classic tune.

4๏ผŽ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผด ๏ผฃ๏ผจ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผญ๏ผก๏ผณ

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ
Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
But the very next day it grew up away
This year
To save me from tears
I'll make it even more special

๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
This year
To save me from tears

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my freedom
And I still can let it out
Tell me, baby
Do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year
It doesn't surprise me

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I am good"
I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd never fool me again

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
This year
To save me from tears

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
This year
To save me from tears

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ
Oh, oh, baby

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
A crowded room
Friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from pain now
And my soul of ice
Wow yeah, I thought I was not someone to rely on
Yeah, I guess I am a shoulder to cry on

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿฆฐ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover, you ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆฒ never tore me apart
Now I've found a real love. You'll never fool me again

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป
Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
This year
To save me from tears

Last Christmas
I had one smaller heart
This year
To save me from tears

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
I gave you my heart
A man under cover, you never tore him apart
Maybe next year you'll give it to someoneโ€”
I'll give it to someone special

๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป
Special
Someone
Someone
I'll give it to someoneโ€”
I'll give it to someone special

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 13 December 2020 18:37:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

GirlSpice on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 13 December 2020 00:26:38(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: Awe, I absolutely love you guys! Your music is always so feel-good and uplifting and that's just what we need right now, especially at Christmas. :) While I love a good cover of a Christmas classic, your original material is so just so freaking catchy, there's so many bops on this little EP that it's going to be hard to pull me away from them, DJ Rashai did a great job with the production. Right now, "Truth or Dare" is the one I keep coming back to, and if it's true that this is a good indication of where you're going for your next album, consider me excited!! xo
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/12/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#8 Posted : 13 December 2020 18:43:16(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Dreamin Creame: OMG love the EP & love the album!! We're like your biggest fan

Mr DJ Hurricane: Aye much respect to you man i mean i could've done that myself but I'm still busy working pn my debut ep & working with other artist. So nice to see you step it up & I had much mad love for you guys

OCC: Good Job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#9 Posted : 15 December 2020 12:50:40(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
Radio: Eh- I found myself getting lost within the vocals you all are giving. Itโ€™s so refreshing to see a group of artists really spotlight positive and pure energy into their music and me being the kind of chick I am on the dailyโ€” oh darling it is NEEDED! You guys always deliver as an collective and itโ€™s very inspiring to watch all of you come together from different backgrounds and create music! Go sweeties!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
FiveT on 15/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 20 December 2020 05:57:33(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Riley: You Jollies always put a smile on my face! What a great little festive treat. Definitely getting Orson excited for Christmas whenever we give this a spin, haha! Such a great way to round off what's been an amazing professional year for you lot. Really excited to see what 2021 has in store for you all. Can only imagine you going from strength to strength, spreading even more positivity and catchy hooks!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY โ€ข DUSTYN โ€ข OSCAR โ€ข RILEY โ€ข SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU โ€ข CARTER LEE โ€ข JAKE โ€ข MYLES โ€ข ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN โ€ข CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE โ€ข CHRIS โ€ข JASON โ€ข LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE โ€ข LINCOLN โ€ข LAYLA โ€ข MERCEDES โ€ข MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA โ€ข DENEIL โ€ข CHICAGO NOBODY โ€ข BLOOM โ€ข SONNY โ€ข VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN โ€ข ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS โ€ข ALFIE SUMMERS โ€ข MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON โ€ข KONSTANTIN โ€ข FAYETTE โ€ข SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 27/01/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 23 December 2020 14:04:49(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dae Ho Park: This EP sounds like a christmas full of madness, and you know what? THATS MY KIND OF CHRISTMAS WOOOOO!!! ALEXA, PUT IT ON REPEAT

OOC: thank you for putting me on to these spanish songs, I really sat here dancing to every single one of the soundalikes LOL
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
FiveT on 27/01/2021(UTC)