logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2021 05:39:47(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Good morning, America! Catching up with our favorite K-Pop girl group, Mi•Mi is here with us today to tell us all about their latest album, 'When I Grow Up'!
Misu, Miki, DAENA, and Mae: Hey! Hello! We're so excited to be here!

Wow. You guys have visited the show for all 3 albums and we're truly grateful. It's like all of us down here at GMA have gotten to witness you all grow up.
Mae: We love visitng you guys! Every time we come here, we're shown so much love. We had to make sure we got to give GMA a proper goodbye!

We've just got news that your final album has debuted at #1 on the charts this morning! It has to be hard to say goodbye to such a dedicated fanbase, right?
Misu: Of course it's hard to say goodbye! Our fans continue to bless us and we are forever grateful of all the support we've been shown for the last 8 years.

I bet you guys have worked so hard together throughout the years. When's the last time you've had fun?
Miki: Oh, just backstage we were having a freestyle battle, me and Mae with the rhymes while Misu and Dae brought the vocals. [laughs]

Who won?
Miki: Me, duh.

Daena: Please, Misu and I teamed up and murdered you!

Misu: She'll never admit it.

Miki: They're delusional but that's why I love them. Point is, any time you catch all 4 of us in one room, there's gonna be fun. My girls aren't boring.

It's the bond you guys have that has made your music so successful. Your final album truly proves it, in every song you guys not only blend well in vocals but even the words you sing to each other shows how much you care for Mi•Mi and it makes all of us do the same! Have you guys always been this close?
Mae:The day we met was the day that we knew we had to stick together, no matter what. We've never let anything get in the way of that.

Misu: That's right, and I'm so proud of us for always looking out for each other. If we truly wanted to take over the world, we had to be a united front.

And take over the world, you did! It's hard to say goodbye but I love watching them live even more! Performing their all new single, 'Be You', give it up for Mi•Mi!

UserPostedImage

As the light turns back on, it becomes apparent that this is not going to be a regular Mi•Mi performance. The 4 girls are curled up in a ball on the floor. They have on furry suits and as the music begisn to start and the cheering takes over, they rise, revealing to be dressed in cute furry costumes. Lead singer Misu begins to harmonize with the music as the girls get off the floor and line up on the stage.

UserPostedImage

Mae begins singing the solo version of "Be You" with the 4 girls shaking the red lit up hearts on the bottoms of their furry costumes and turning around to reveal their faces to the crowd. While turned around, they continue to perform choreography that's sharp but also gives a sillier vibe to the performance. The crowd is excited but confused and all the emotions come together to create a cheerful audience who are laughing just as much as they are cheering. Hearing the positive response to their performance makes the girls of Mi•Mi light up in the face. You can tell Mae wants to laugh along but she's commited herself to giving a good vocal performance of the song.

Everybody's somebody
Never have to be anyone else
Do you have an eye for beauty?
I find a little bit in every vessel

Look at you, blind to your perfection
So powerful, no one could ever guess it

(I see you)
I can see your heart, it's shining through

UserPostedImage

As the music becomes more energetic, so does the choreography. All it takes is for Miki Lee to yell, "LET'S GO!", signaling the crowd to go wild. All 4 girls sing the chorus' melody flawlessly while they jump in the air and fist pump. One at a time, one of the girls drop it low and smacks the ground in the fashion of a wild animal, crawling back to her spot to let the next girl do the same. They harmonize well together, the song's chorus sounding like ear candy all thanks to it's blend of all 4 of the beautiful voices.

There are no rules
No standards
No bar
We all are who we are
Accept it
No more rejection
The mirror is our home
Never stray too far
It's just as cool to be you
Oooh, it's cool to be you you you you-you
It's cool to be you-ou-ou, you-ou-ou, you-ou-ou

UserPostedImage

When the beat drops and low pitched edited voice takes over, the stage goes completely dark.

(Love yourself, love you)
(Free yourself, free you)
(Be yourself, be you)
(Be yourself, be you)

UserPostedImage

When the girl's reappear for the 2nd verse, they are in all new outfits. Wearing outfits that are variations of black/white crop tops and mini skirts, large helmets sit on the tops of Mi•Mi's heads. The audience cheers with laughter, excited to see a new outfit but thrown off by the helmets. The second verse of the song is completely different than what the listeners may be used to. The original version features vocals from iCandy but since they were not included in this performance, Mae is singing a new verse to the song. Her verse is sweet and smooth, her softer sound adding an extra layer of cute to her words. Towards the end of the pre-chorus when Misu sings, "I see you," in the background, the 4 girls throw their helmets off one at a time.

Nobody's a nobody
Can't help it if everyone know's your name
They may never admit it
So many wanna learn all the plays to your game, hey

Look at you, blind to your perfection
So powerful, no one could ever guess it

(I see you)
I can see your heart, it's shining through

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

The song picks back up at the chorus and all of the girls look flawless. The camera focuses on Mae, the star of the song. The choreography is a little more complex this time, the dances of all 4 girls meant to be seen as girly and cute, compared to how they danced with furry costumes on. The audience is loving every minute of this performance, singing along to all the words that they've learned.

There are no rules
No standards
No bar
We all are who we are
Accept it
No more rejection
The mirror is our home
Never stray too far

UserPostedImage

The stage blacks out once again as the lower pitched voice and dark hip hip/EDM beat. The girls skip the bridge and instead, a reverbed version of the music's production rolls the song back in, the crowd still not being able to see anything. Out of nowhere, you hear Mae belt out one of her best notes yet, driving the crowd wild.

(Love yourself, love you)
(Free yourself, free you)
(Be yourself, be you)
(Be yourself, be you)

Be youuu!

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

All of a sudden, the lights flash back on and Mi•Mi sings the chorus in a key change. The audience is screaming louder than ever, loving not only the vocals but also the final outfit change, which is just all 4 girls in a cute polka dotted jumpsuits. They all have brand new brown and blone wigs on as well, really giving the girls complete looks all throughout the performance. Their dancing is in sync with each other, the camera giving different close up shots of all 4 members at different points of the choreography.

There are no rules
No standards
No bar
We all are who we are
Accept it
No more rejection
The mirror is our home
Never stray too far

UserPostedImage

The lively performance ends with sexy body roll which leads into a pose where all 4 girls point at the crowd while sticking their hips out. The lights shut off once again, and Mi•Mi is given a round of applause for the spectacular show they just put on.

It's just as cool to be you!
thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 06/02/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 06/02/2021(UTC), erich hess on 06/02/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/02/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 06/02/2021(UTC)