logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bradleyard  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2021 04:15:03(UTC)
bradleyard

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Radio Nowhere has announced the departure of lead vocalist and bassist, Sam Andowicz. Fronting the revived band through comeback shows, his sudden departure leaves the band looking for replacements for one of its' founding members.

"Sam was tired of the road.", says guitarist Bradley Ard via phone interview. "He had his career outside the band, and truth be told, he had only really signed on for the reunion streams and shows. He never intended on recording an album with us, much less all the promotion and all that."

Filling in for Andowicz at upcoming promotional events are vocalist Tate Geoffries and bass player Gary Lee. Both are veterans of several bar bands around the Chicago area, and were introduced to the band by Andowicz himself.

"Sam definitely didn't leave us high and dry. When he told us he was leaving, he introduced us to Tate and Gary, who are absolutely amazing musicians. Gary, in particular, is a really melodic and dextrous bass player. You can really hear the progressive rock and metal influence in his playing, where Sam was a straight-ahead, no-frills, root-note player. I'm pretty excited to see where this takes our music.

"And the same goes for Tate. He has a really wide vocal range, which is kind of wasted on our old stuff, but I'm curious to see what he does with anything we write going forward.

"That said, we're definitely going to miss Sam. He fronted the band from the beginning, and he's always going to be a friend. In fact, his accounting company handles our books, so I'm pretty sure we're still going to see a lot of him going forward."

So does this mean the band is already working on the follow-up to the recent comeback album, "Go"? "Actually, yeah, we've been doing some writing here and there. We have a couple songs done that Sam co-wrote with us that are amazing, and Tate and Gary are writers as well, so they already have material that we're going to look at."

The band is currently performing live-streamed shows to US and Canadian fans.
MY BANDS:

Radio Nowhere

Former owner of N0where Studios

Current co-owner of Chicago I.T. Pros, LLC
thanks 2 users thanked bradleyard for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/02/2021(UTC), kandii on 17/02/2021(UTC)